summerkid
01-23-2008, 08:19 PM
hell yes!

PassiveTheory
01-23-2008, 08:37 PM
I can't wait to get my skank on.

MarkO
01-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Everyone needs to get some pork pie hats for their show.

PassiveTheory
01-23-2008, 09:24 PM
Madness should be above Tegan and Sara on the poster.

rage patton
01-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Madness are the best band at Coachella this year.

whynotsmile99
01-23-2008, 09:38 PM
im familar with some of their songs but don't know the band at all. Should be lots of fun. Look forward to em

bakersfield
01-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Madness is BADASS! Them & Raconteurs are the main reason Friday is the best day.

rage patton
01-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Madness is BADASS! Them & Raconteurs are the main reason Friday is the best day.

Just hope they don't conflict.

artgutser
01-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!

bakersfield
01-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!

Anyone know the reason they were removed from the lineup?

kingdumb
02-01-2008, 09:26 PM
:((( it makes me hella sad their gone, i was looking so farward to them

rage patton
02-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Anyone know the reason they were removed from the lineup?

GV put them on the poster without Madness giving them the official confirmation. GV jumped the gun and lost out...
There is still a chance Madness will be at Coachella 2008 though. Madness just have officialy confirmed yet. Whether or not GV are still pursuing them is something completely different. Lets all hope GV and Madness can rework out a deal!

algunz
02-01-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm sorry, but my hope is waning.

I was soooo looking forward to them. This is the first time GV has broken just a little piece of my heart.

bakersfield
02-01-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm sorry, but my hope is waning.

I was soooo looking forward to them. This is the first time GV has broken just a little piece of my heart.

I was too. I have listened to them for damn near 30 years & have yet to see them live. It was the biggest & most pleasant surprise when I saw them on the poster. Some nostalgia I did not expect. Now I wish they were never listed...because then we would not know the difference.

rage patton
02-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Exactly what I thought too. If goldenvoice weren't sure if they were confirmed... why add them to the poster for the initial line up? Only two things could happen in that situation...
a) Madness don't even confirm and they decline GV's offer. Madness are never put on the poster and we never know the difference.
b) Madness eventually confirm, and GV use Madness as an addition. A wicked awesome addition at that. GV would certainly have gotten extra cred for an addition like that.

Instead, they were taken off the poster and everyone is distressed about it. But as I said, all Madness said was that had not yet confirmed. For all we know, GV are reworking the deal as we speak...errr... type.

MonsoonSeason
02-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Madblog 71:

Statement:
Last year initial discussions took place with a number of festivals, including Coachella regarding a Madness appearance in 2008.
Many of these discussions, including Coachella didn't progress to a confirmed booking.
Apparently Madness have appeared briefly on some of the official line-ups for the festival, this was an error that was swiftly rectified. Madness are not booked to play at this point in time, however, plans and discussions are underway for a series of Stateside shows in 2009.

damn

rage patton
02-01-2008, 10:47 PM
See though?

Madness are not booked to play at this point in time

They could still be in talks with GV.

Oh well, if not...
however, plans and discussions are underway for a series of Stateside shows in 2009.

Its better then nothing. Perhaps we will get Madness and The Prodigy at Coachella 2009.

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Madblog 71:

Statement:
Last year initial discussions took place with a number of festivals, including Coachella regarding a Madness appearance in 2008.
Many of these discussions, including Coachella didn't progress to a confirmed booking.
Apparently Madness have appeared briefly on some of the official line-ups for the festival, this was an error that was swiftly rectified. Madness are not booked to play at this point in time, however, plans and discussions are underway for a series of Stateside shows in 2009.

damn

FUCK!!! :(

MonsoonSeason
02-01-2008, 10:52 PM
They could still be in talks with GV.

probably should have posted the title too:

MADBLOG NUMBER 71 - NO COACHELLA THIS YEAR + LAST CHANCE TO WIN A SIGNED ’NW5’ BUNDLE

rage patton
02-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Oh I know, I read the article.

But its No Coachella this year... as of this point! They said they aren't booked at this point in time. Anything can happen. There is still 82 days until the Festival.

I have not lost hope GV/Madness!!!

MonsoonSeason
02-01-2008, 10:58 PM
if Madness indeed comes to coachella I will buy you a drank, t-pain style, just for being a diehard

rage patton
02-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Haha, yeah!

I still love this years line up, but I still can't shake off my disapointment of Madness being taken off the poster. All because GV jumped the gun.

If Madness are re-added to the poster, all will be forgiven. And then some.

fasttrack
02-01-2008, 11:12 PM
*fingers crossed*

breakjaw
02-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Please forgive me for this Rage,but Madness being taken off the lineup could actually be a boon for me personally.If I did decide to go,I'd only be able to attend Sat and Sun,and now I won't be disappointed in having to miss Madness..

rage patton
02-02-2008, 12:18 AM
Wait... you are not even sure if you are going this year breakjaw?

What if Madness get re-added to Friday. Will you go? Or is there just no way you can attend Friday?

breakjaw
02-02-2008, 12:37 AM
Work and money issues still need to be resolved.I hate to say it,but 3 days of music last year was just a little too much.I skipped most of the stuff I wanted to see on Sunday,including EITS and Rodrigo y Gabriela.Saturday and Sunday would just be a little more manageable.

rage patton
02-02-2008, 08:28 AM
So what if Madness do get re-added back to Friday? Will you have to miss them? Or will you find a way to make it through?
And sorry to hear you missed Rodrigo y Gabriela. They were my first set I saw on Sunday though. I was fuckin tired Sunday morning.

T-Rye
02-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Madness was the pro tipper for me on my pros and cons list. If they weren't on the list, I probably wouldn't have ended up buying tickets. Most of the bands I'm heading down for come through Vancouver enough that I could see them over the next while. Madness was something I didn't foresee coming to Vancouver any time soon.

But I bought my tickets before they were taken off the poster. So I'm gonna go and have a moment of silence for Madness, and then enjoy the hell outta Coachella.

morelifefucker
02-04-2008, 09:36 AM
yeah my friend just heard a dj on kroq say that they still are gonna be there despite them not being on poster.....who knows ......that bitch could be lying...and when i say bitch i mean my friend....not the dj.