PDA

View Full Version : what cities are semi close and decent to stay in?

ashtraygrl
01-29-2007, 09:52 AM
i think my current plan is to rent a car at the airport and book a hotel 30ish minutes away from the festival. however, since i live in fl and have never been to ca... i don't really know what's around the festival. any ideas for decent places to stay that are whithin that time frame away from the event?

york707
01-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Get thee to the FAQ page

C DUB YA
01-29-2007, 11:37 AM
i think my current plan is to rent a car at the airport and book a hotel 30ish minutes away from the festival. however, since i live in fl and have never been to ca... i don't really know what's around the festival. any ideas for decent places to stay that are whithin that time frame away from the event?

there is practically nothing around the festival

Courtney
01-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Get thee to the FAQ page

http://www.coachella.com/visitors/hotels

But by now, most hotels are already full.

JZ117
01-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Check Palm Springs - more likely to have hotel rooms available (and FYI, not all the hotels there are listed on the Coachella site - the one I am staying at this year is not but had really good reviews on tripadvisor), plus it's by far the nicest town in the area and a nice place to hang out in the mornings or the day before/after the festival. True, it's a further drive, but when you sit in traffic for hours being 10-20 minutes further out doesn't make much of a difference.

Meadowsmeister
01-29-2007, 01:19 PM
English camp city onsite

DuctTapedGerbil
02-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Desert Hot Springs (shhhhh....!)