PDA

View Full Version : COACHELLA 08~~~GARBAGE.

TRAVESTY08
01-23-2008, 02:38 AM
After the amazing experience that was Coachella 07, including mindblowing headliners, killer DJs, and all the variety you can ask for, Coachella 08 completely misses the target. I mean Jack Johnson, a headliner?? HOW the F can JACK JOHNSON blow out 80,000 people like RAGE or RHCP??? The lineup SUCKS and there is no OTHER WAY TO SAY IT.

AND worst of ALL the bastards RAISED the frickin tickets prices!! FOR THIS CRAP????

RUMORED BANDS:
Smashing Pumpkins? NOPE.
Radiohead? NO.
Chemical Brothers? SORRY.
Muse? CAN'T HELP YA.

But of course we can get Jack Johnson, an ACOUSTIC BAR VENUE SHOWSTOPPER. Oh and some weird-ass European whackos from the seventies no one's even heard of.

I'm so pissed I can't stand it. For the first time in a long time, I think I'm NOT going to go to Coachella...

What a sad day.

Maybe if nobody buys tickets they'll GET A REAL LINEUP!!!

repeat....

GET A REAL LINEUP!!!

crazzz2007
01-23-2008, 02:40 AM
Get real taste in music.

Cdubby
01-23-2008, 02:40 AM
While j.j. sucks balls, I am already worried about conflicts with the rest of the lineup. See ya in '09 I guess.

mvanwinkle
01-23-2008, 02:41 AM
Smashing pumpkins are half the act. and not to mention blow ass.
radiohead was told to us months ago they wouldn't be there.
chemical brothers-i dont no much about that department
muse are done touring.

none of these acts were rumored dick lick.
go to warped tour.

MrSheen
01-23-2008, 04:55 AM
who are these weird ass europeans that no-one's heard of? Surely you can't be on about the guy from Pink Floyd...? yeah, cos they were a real underground thing weren't they!

Aaaanyway...i didn't think last years headliners were that great...watched a bit of bjork, which was okay...chilis have sucked for ages now so didnt watch them and rage were just average...as is mirrored throughout threads on here...it's not JUST about the headliners...there's what, 150 other bands or something!

and the bands you listed are equally as dull as chilis & rage anyway! :D

MonsoonSeason
01-23-2008, 05:05 AM
your awesome

Ardentbiscuit
01-23-2008, 05:16 AM
Oh when I was the thread title I thought you were requesting this band...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IyZO7b5Xafo

bonogirl68
01-23-2008, 05:26 AM
weak headliners = no conflicts. the lineup is again full of strong indie acts which is what coachella is all about.

Bluesky
01-23-2008, 05:27 AM
Dude, I agree.

Minus some goodies like The Verve, Raconteurs, The Breeders, Fatboy Slim, Tegan and Sara, Madness, The Swell Season, The National, Animal Collective, Slightly Stoopid, Mum, Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings, Stars, Battles, Aesop Rock, Midnight Juggernauts, Does it Offend you, Yeah?, Minus the Bear, Spank Rock, dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip, Diplo, Adam Freeland, Santo Gold, Jens Lekman, John Butler Trio, Vampire Weekend, Dan Deacon, Architecture in Helsinki, Sandra Collins, Busy P, Cut Copy, Black Lips, Datarock, Professor Murder, Reverend and the Makers, The Bees, Porter, Rogue Wave, Modeselektor, American Bang, Lucky I Am.

Portishead, Kraftwerk, Death Cab for Cutie, Cafe Tacuba, Sasha & Digweed, Rilo Kiley, Dwight Yoakam, M.I.A., Hot Chip, Cold War Kids, Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks, DeVotchKa, Flogging Molly, Mark Ronson, Turbonegro, Scars on Broadway, Islands, Enter Shikari, Calvin Harris, Boyz Noize, Junkie XL, Cinematic Orchestra, Jamie T, The Teenagers, VHS or Beta, Carbon/silicon, Erol Alkan, Yo Majesty!, Little Brother, Bonde Do Role, St. Vincent, Akron Family, MGMT, Institubes DJs (Surkin, Para One and Orgasmic), James Zabiela, Sebastian, Kavinsky, Dredg, The Bird and the Bee, Grand Ole Party, New Young Pony Club, 120 Days, Yoav, Electric Touch, Uffie

Roger Waters (“Dark Side of the Moon”), Love & Rockets, My Morning Jacket, Spiritualized, Justice, Gogol Bordello, Chromeo, The Streets, Metric, Danny Tenaglia, Simian Mobile Disco, Booka Shade, Murs, Dmitri from Paris, Autolux, The Field, Linton Kwesi Johnson, Les Savy Fav, The Cool Kids, Sons & Daughters, Sia, Holy Fuck, Black Kids, Black Mountain, The Annuals, Kid Sister w/A-Trak, Man Man, Duffy, I'm from Barcelona, Manchester Orchestra, Deadmau5, The Horrors, Austin TV, Shout Out Louds, Plastiscines, Brett Dennen

But that's all.

woogie846
01-23-2008, 05:52 AM
Dude, this is a real line up. News flash dumbass, every year there is going to be at least one thing you don't like about the line up. The difference between you and me however, is that I don't let it affect me, because I know it's going to happen. Get over yourself.

unknowndrummer66
01-23-2008, 05:55 AM
hes right about Love and rockets though

that band sucks

roberto73
01-23-2008, 06:24 AM
There are many ways to describe Love & Rockets. "Weird-ass European whackos from the 70's" wouldn't even be in my Top 5.

Ardentbiscuit
01-23-2008, 06:34 AM
I still think the oddest thing about Love & Rockets was the Bubblemen side project.

http://profile.myspace.com/thebubblemen

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NzUFs9Xx-2s

breakjaw
01-23-2008, 06:40 AM
There are many ways to describe Love & Rockets. "Weird-ass European whackos from the 70's" wouldn't even be in my Top 5.

I believe he's referring to Kraftwerk.
I speak snot-nose.

roberto73
01-23-2008, 06:42 AM
I believe he's referring to Kraftwerk.
I speak snot-nose.

Oh. Well, in that case, he's spot-on. Freaks.

breakjaw
01-23-2008, 06:57 AM
I think it will be MORE amazing this year being able to actually sleep in the campground without police helicopters circling overhead.
Unless the Canadians show up again...

anonimouse
01-23-2008, 06:59 AM
to the OP, what stage are you hoping garbage plays on?

PassiveTheory
01-23-2008, 09:22 AM
After the amazing experience that was Coachella 07, including mindblowing headliners, killer DJs, and all the variety you can ask for, Coachella 08 completely misses the target. I mean Jack Johnson, a headliner?? HOW the F can JACK JOHNSON blow out 80,000 people like RAGE or RHCP??? The lineup SUCKS and there is no OTHER WAY TO SAY IT.

AND worst of ALL the bastards RAISED the frickin tickets prices!! FOR THIS CRAP????

RUMORED BANDS:
Smashing Pumpkins? NOPE.
Radiohead? NO.
Chemical Brothers? SORRY.
Muse? CAN'T HELP YA.

But of course we can get Jack Johnson, an ACOUSTIC BAR VENUE SHOWSTOPPER. Oh and some weird-ass European whackos from the seventies no one's even heard of.

I'm so pissed I can't stand it. For the first time in a long time, I think I'm NOT going to go to Coachella...

What a sad day.

Maybe if nobody buys tickets they'll GET A REAL LINEUP!!!

repeat....

GET A REAL LINEUP!!!

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x299/DASQUIRRELMASTA/wrestling/thHBK.gif