PDA

View Full Version : MUSE headliner for coachella 2009

Pages : [1] 2

hypervera
01-23-2008, 12:40 AM
i remember people saying muse is not headliner material and now what?? haha we have jack johnson!!! :nono

hate to say i told you so... alright!!!!

Cdubby
01-23-2008, 12:51 AM
muse would be a great headliner for this year or the next, haha.

PassiveTheory
01-23-2008, 12:52 AM
I hate you. Any logic based on the laws of Jack Johnson sucks

That was directed at hypervera.

But I agree, they should headline in 2009, not because if JJ can headline Muse can headline, but because Muse ought to headline.

Sushov23
01-23-2008, 12:52 AM
I had this shit called first, MUSE should have headlined on fucking friday night. Its cool though, more room for me on friday. LIKE 95% of my friends already told me they aren't buying tickets for friday. LOL, fuck.

microcuts
01-23-2008, 12:54 AM
Muse will headline Coachella someday. I'm sure of that. I was just disillusioned into thinking it was going to be this year because at the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas thing, Matt said "see you next year" - I guess I just read too much into it.

TickleMeElmo
01-23-2008, 12:57 AM
Alright, alright, if GV is willing to stoop for Jack Johnson, then Muse COULD do it next year, MAYBE. As much as I love Muse, though, they would still be a weak headliner.

hypervera
01-23-2008, 01:20 AM
I hate you. Any logic based on the laws of Jack Johnson sucks

That was directed at hypervera.

But I agree, they should headline in 2009, not because if JJ can headline Muse can headline, but because Muse ought to headline.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.. i guess you don't understand my clever wit..
MUSE deserve to be a headliner because they are one of the best bands in this planet, not because johnson headlining, my point is that a lot of people were saying that muse sucks, and now we have a fucking shitty headliner.

Sushov23
01-23-2008, 01:24 AM
MUSE would be a mutha fucking insane headliner is all i'm saying.

hypervera
01-23-2008, 01:24 AM
Alright, alright, if GV is willing to stoop for Jack Johnson, then Muse COULD do it next year, MAYBE. As much as I love Muse, though, they would still be a weak headliner.

good to know you love muse huh, they are anything but weak! muse has headlined a lot of festivals far more important than coachella!!

darrocknroll
01-23-2008, 01:34 AM
didn't they headline street scene last year?

I want MUSE headlining next year!! or some year, but for now, it would be better if it happens next year!!

I mean, they aren't as expensive as some past headliners, are they?

:)

hypervera
01-23-2008, 01:34 AM
I had this shit called first, MUSE should have headlined on fucking friday night. Its cool though, more room for me on friday. LIKE 95% of my friends already told me they aren't buying tickets for friday. LOL, fuck.

yeah the same with me, ill go just for the verve

TickleMeElmo
01-23-2008, 02:27 AM
I'm not saying Muse is weak, just as a headliner for Coachella, at least compared to headliners we've had in the past. It's still doable. Plus, they've headlined festivals in Europe which is a different audience.

hypervera
01-23-2008, 02:54 AM
I'm not saying Muse is weak, just as a headliner for Coachella, at least compared to headliners we've had in the past. It's still doable. Plus, they've headlined festivals in Europe which is a different audience.

Dude, you can't have radiohead playing every year, and yeah, european audiences are different, but, i think you're starting to contradict yourself.. what makes a headliner?Jack Johnson definitely isn't headliner material but that didn't stop gv, now did it? Muse is definitely on the same level (if not a higher one) as at least half of the past headliners. Muse definitely ranks among Portishead and Tool, and they are way out of JJ's league.. what qualified coldplay as a headliner in 2005?? Sales? Well, all in all i think coachella is supposed to stand for something.. otherwise, we might as well get hannah fucking montana for coachella 2009.. she plays the guitar, right?

hypervera
01-23-2008, 02:59 AM
Muse has it all to please any crowd.. let the noobs dance to starlight, i'll have myself some showbiz and origin of symmetry, and then we can all be one happy coachella family lol:thu

mvanwinkle
01-23-2008, 03:50 AM

your friends are fucking ididots for passing up
the verve
the raconteurs
the breeders
fatboy slim
the national
animal collective
mum
pendulum
stars
battles
aesop rock
dan le sac
vampire weekend
architecture in helsinki
black lips
data rock

and thats just for friday
I swear you guys are nuts. or just have shitty taste in music.

rage against the machine ruined coachella. I will be the first to say it

thelastgreatman
01-23-2008, 03:58 AM
Putting aside which is a better show, 'cause I wouldn't watch either of them, Muse isn't nearly as popular as Jack in this market. Sorry. You can bag on Coach for choosing him because he sucks all you want, but he sold out two shows at the Hollywood Bowl last tour. That's 34000 tickets. Muse played the Greek.

hypervera
01-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Putting aside which is a better show, 'cause I wouldn't watch either of them, Muse isn't nearly as popular as Jack in this market. Sorry. You can bag on Coach for choosing him because he sucks all you want, but he sold out two shows at the Hollywood Bowl last tour. That's 34000 tickets. Muse played the Greek.

*The Forum, Inglewood, 10th April 2007, sold out!
*Madison Square Garden, NYC, 6th August 2007, sold out!

muse has won the award of BEST BAND LIVE like 3 times (european awards).
you dont need to be a genius to realize that muse has a better show
and yeah jj is very popular everybody hates him, and muse is more coachella headliner material than him

hypervera
01-23-2008, 08:48 AM
your friends are fucking ididots for passing up
the verve
the raconteurs
the breeders
fatboy slim
the national
animal collective
mum
pendulum
stars
battles
aesop rock
dan le sac
vampire weekend
architecture in helsinki
black lips
data rock

and thats just for friday
I swear you guys are nuts. or just have shitty taste in music.

rage against the machine ruined coachella. I will be the first to say it

the verve, breeders, raconteurs, fatboy slim are great, the other bands i didnt know about their existence till yesterday

RATM played in the first coachella, rage didnt ruined coachella, jj is the nearest thing to kill coachella

TonyWonder
01-23-2008, 08:55 AM

I'll go ahead and say that Muse is weak...and overrated. Their bombastic live show just tries to makes up for their overall weakness, IMO.

hypervera
01-23-2008, 08:58 AM
I'll go ahead and say that Muse is weak...and overrated. Their bombastic live show just tries to makes up for their overall weakness, IMO.

you need to see them live, and they fucking rock live since their begining with or with the "bombastic" stuff, they are one of the best ten bands in this planet right now easily

TonyWonder
01-23-2008, 09:14 AM
you need to see them live, and they fucking rock live since their begining with or with the "bombastic" stuff, they are one of the best ten bands in this planet right now easily

I saw them live at ACL. I just think that their music is weak and derivative of much better bands and I think they know it and that is why they have such a "bombastic" live show. Just my opinion.

hypervera
01-23-2008, 09:19 AM
I saw them live at ACL. I just think that their music is weak and derivative of much better bands and I think they know it and that is why they have such a "bombastic" live show. Just my opinion.

all bands have influences. bombastic show for a bombastic band :thu peace

fatboy192
01-23-2008, 09:44 AM
MUSE would be a mutha fucking insane headliner is all i'm saying.

muse are a fuckin amazin headliner, bring on the new album in 2009 i think this speaks for it's self
Year Award Category Region
NME Awards Best New Artist United Kingdom
Kerrang! Awards Best British Band United Kingdom
Kerrang! Awards Best British Live Act United Kingdom
Q Awards Innovation Award United Kingdom
Kerrang! Awards Best Album United Kingdom
Q Awards Best Live Act United Kingdom
MTV EMA Best Alternative Europe
MTV EMA Best UK & Ireland Act Europe
BRIT Awards Best Live Act United Kingdom
NME Awards Best Live Act United Kingdom
MTVU Woodie Awards Best International United States
Kerrang! Awards Best Live Act[25] United Kingdom
BT Digital Music Awards Best Rock Artist United Kingdom
BT Digital Music Awards Best Unofficial Website United Kingdom
UK Festival Awards Best Rock Act[26] United Kingdom
UK Festival Awards Best Headline Act[26] United Kingdom
Vodafone Live Music Awards Best Live Act[27] United Kingdom
BRIT Awards Best Live Act[28] United Kingdom
NME Awards Best British Band[29] United Kingdom
BT Digital Music Awards Best Rock Artist[30] United Kingdom
Vodafone Live Music Awards Tour of the Year[31] United Kingdom
Q Awards Best Live Act[32] United Kingdom
MTV EMA Headliner[33] Europe
MTV EMA Best UK & Ireland Act[33] Europe
MTVU Woodie Awards Best Performing[34] United States

hypervera
01-23-2008, 09:53 AM
muse are a fuckin amazin headliner, i think this speaks for it's self

thanks man

microcuts
01-23-2008, 09:58 AM

Correction: Muse played the Greek in 2006 and sold it out at the beginning of the tour. They came back in 2007 to sell nearly 15,000 tickets at the Forum as well as Irvine Verizon. I believe both shows were considered sold out. What's next, Staples? Perhaps. They're a lot bigger than the band that played the Wiltern 4 years ago.

tripcalifornia
01-23-2008, 10:00 AM
I love Muse....love love love love love love love them!

crazzz2007
01-23-2008, 10:33 AM
muse are a fuckin amazin headliner, bring on the new album in 2009 i think this speaks for it's self

Are you seriously listing a bunch of MTV awards as evidence of Muse's awesomeness? What the hell is wrong with you?

Muse is the most overrated band on the planet. They are boring, even with the bombastic show. What do you people see in them? There is nothing original or different about muse, except the fucking whining.

fatboy192
01-23-2008, 10:46 AM
"Are you seriously listing a bunch of MTV awards as evidence of Muse's awesomeness?"

hell yeah, all 27 of them!

"Muse is the most overrated band on the planet. They are boring, even with the bombastic show. What do you people see in them? There is nothing original or different about muse, except the fucking whining."

What the hell is wrong with you!

thelastgreatman
01-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Okay, so Muse is half the draw of Jack Johnson then. You realize that's half as much of a headliner, right?

hypervera
01-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Okay, so Muse is half the draw of Jack Johnson then. You realize that's half as much of a headliner, right?

MUSE is 10000000000000 times better than jack johnson and you know it, youre trying just to be so cool indie shit or a radiohead hardcore fan that thinks that everything that is not radiohead sucks

hypervera
01-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Are you seriously listing a bunch of MTV awards as evidence of Muse's awesomeness? What the hell is wrong with you?

Muse is the most overrated band on the planet. They are boring, even with the bombastic show. What do you people see in them? There is nothing original or different about muse, except the fucking whining.

haha yeah you indie shit muse is one of the best bands in this fuckin planet period! boring??? are you retarded??? they are amazing matt is one of the best guitarist of this decade and heīs maybe the best piano player of all the mainstream bands

hypervera
01-23-2008, 12:50 PM
and yeah get angry people ahaha just roger waters is better than muse in this coachella 2008. portishead is great but theyre not rock

TomPaine
01-23-2008, 01:29 PM
and yeah get angry people ahaha just roger waters is better than muse in this coachella 2008. portishead is great but theyre not rock

Yeah! You're right, Muse is boring and sucks!

hypervera
01-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Yeah! You're right, Muse is boring and sucks!

lol funny dude, good joke :lool

TickleMeElmo
01-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Dude, you can't have radiohead playing every year, and yeah, european audiences are different, but, i think you're starting to contradict yourself.. what makes a headliner?Jack Johnson definitely isn't headliner material but that didn't stop gv, now did it? Muse is definitely on the same level (if not a higher one) as at least half of the past headliners. Muse definitely ranks among Portishead and Tool, and they are way out of JJ's league.. what qualified coldplay as a headliner in 2005?? Sales? Well, all in all i think coachella is supposed to stand for something.. otherwise, we might as well get hannah fucking montana for coachella 2009.. she plays the guitar, right?

Where the hell did I say Radiohead anywhere?

Simply put, Jack Johnson is a bigger draw than Muse here in the US. End of arguement. That's why he is headlining and Muse isn't. Yeah, I guess you could say they are among the same ranks of Portishead but there's people saying that Portishead isn't big enough to be headliner, so how would Muse be any different. Tool and Muse aren't in the same league, Tool is more popular than Muse here in the US. And I have to keep saying "in the US" because if I don't, you'll spout off some "blah blah Muse headlined Glastonbury!" shit that I don't care about and doesn't apply here.

Oh and Coldplay is fucking huge, that's why they headlined. It seems like your a huge Muse fanboy and won't accept any other opinion other than your own so I don't know why I'm even bothering and that also explains why your view on how popular they actually are is inaccurate. I'm quite positive most of this board would agree with me also about their headliner status. Go ahead, make a poll asking if they are ok with Muse headlining next year and see the results.

heyimazombie
01-23-2008, 02:45 PM
i've seen muse once close and once from far away, both times they tore the stage apart way better than the chilis did last year and they got insane crowd reaction, kinda like arcade fire did. i think they def have the potential to headline. and for the record, i love radiohead too

alex97
01-23-2008, 06:06 PM

not so boring though, i see you posting in this thread..

beartrash
01-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Muse definitely ranks among Portishead and Tool

No, they don't.

hypervera
01-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Where the hell did I say Radiohead anywhere?

Simply put, Jack Johnson is a bigger draw than Muse here in the US. End of arguement. That's why he is headlining and Muse isn't. Yeah, I guess you could say they are among the same ranks of Portishead but there's people saying that Portishead isn't big enough to be headliner, so how would Muse be any different. Tool and Muse aren't in the same league, Tool is more popular than Muse here in the US. And I have to keep saying "in the US" because if I don't, you'll spout off some "blah blah Muse headlined Glastonbury!" shit that I don't care about and doesn't apply here.

Oh and Coldplay is fucking huge, that's why they headlined. It seems like your a huge Muse fanboy and won't accept any other opinion other than your own so I don't know why I'm even bothering and that also explains why your view on how popular they actually are is inaccurate. I'm quite positive most of this board would agree with me also about their headliner status. Go ahead, make a poll asking if they are ok with Muse headlining next year and see the results.

radiohead cliche.
jack johnson could be more popular with average people but are you blind the coachella people are complaining about jj. muse is more coachella headliner material than jack. and yeah MUSE HEADLINED GLASTONBURY 2004 THE BEST FESTIVAL IN THIS PLANET and yeah better than coachella.
i wont do a fuckin poll, everybody here is a radiohead, rage, tool fan or indie dude that hates mainstream bands and dude coachella can have like 60 000 people and here how much???? 300 persons they are nothing in comparassion to the total of coachella goers. and haha the world likes muse, just the americans are talking shit, i think somebody is wrong here haha. and many great bands have respect for muse like metallica, dream theater, coldplay, system of a down, tom morello, the guitarist from the mars volta, etc etc

microcuts
01-23-2008, 09:32 PM
And Primus. They were on Muse's guest list way back when they did the Warfield in 2004.

I dare anyone to listen to Origin of Symmetry and tell me that's a "boring, unoriginal" band. Their live shows are bombastic. And their albums are amazing, too. So I don't see how the bombast is covering anything up at all.

Mr.Wyndham
01-23-2008, 09:43 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ryxfVB_MIfA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ryxfVB_MIfA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

boring? i think not.

TickleMeElmo
01-23-2008, 10:29 PM
radiohead cliche.
jack johnson could be more popular with average people but are you blind the coachella people are complaining about jj. muse is more coachella headliner material than jack. and yeah MUSE HEADLINED GLASTONBURY 2004 THE BEST FESTIVAL IN THIS PLANET and yeah better than coachella.
i wont do a fuckin poll, everybody here is a radiohead, rage, tool fan or indie dude that hates mainstream bands and dude coachella can have like 60 000 people and here how much???? 300 persons they are nothing in comparassion to the total of coachella goers. and haha the world likes muse, just the americans are talking shit, i think somebody is wrong here haha. and many great bands have respect for muse like metallica, dream theater, coldplay, system of a down, tom morello, the guitarist from the mars volta, etc etc

Yeah, people are bitching about Jack Johnson, mostly because they don't think he fits AND the fact that he's a headliner. If he was first listed on the second line, people wouldn't be bitching nearly as much. True, Muse is more Coachella-esque but a name like Jack Johnson can sell tickets better than Muse can here. Hes a more recognizable name than Muse here in the US. Plus people who are bitching about Jack Johnson don't make up all of the Coachella population. People bitched about Fountains of Wayne last year but I'm sure they had a big crowd. He'll also bring in a new audience, much like Rage did last year.

alex97
01-23-2008, 11:56 PM
a name like Jack Johnson can sell tickets better than Muse can here. Hes a more recognizable name than Muse here in the US. Plus people who are bitching about Jack Johnson don't make up all of the Coachella population. People bitched about Fountains of Wayne last year but I'm sure they had a big crowd. He'll also bring in a new audience, much like Rage did last year.

i bet he is.. have Muse make the soundtrack for, let's say, an elmo movie, they would be pretty fucking recognizable too.. i bet.. also, being a SoCal fest, lots of mexicans come to coachella, mexicans looove muse.. and so do lots of people in cali, not everyone's a surfer (lol)

Plus, being about diversity and all, all kinds of people love muse, their music has a pretty big variety of sounds, they don't play the same chord over and over and over in every lullaby-like song..

you can call muse anything but boring or overrated.. they play classical electronica badass funky prog rock and they never let you down, matt's voice is filled with power and feeling, i mean, you can watch muse live more than 5 times in 4 years and they'll still blow your mind each time.. promise ;)

hypervera
01-24-2008, 12:10 AM
i bet he is.. have Muse make the soundtrack for, let's say, an elmo movie, they would be pretty fucking recognizable too.. i bet.. also, being a SoCal fest, lots of mexicans come to coachella, mexicans looove muse.. and so do lots of people in cali, not everyone's a surfer (lol)

Plus, being about diversity and all, all kinds of people love muse, their music has a pretty big variety of sounds, they don't play the same chord over and over and over in every lullaby-like song..

you can call muse anything but boring or overrated.. they play classical electronica badass funky prog rock and they never let you down, matt's voice is filled with power and feeling, i mean, you can watch muse live more than 5 times in 4 years and they'll still blow your mind each time.. promise ;)

check mate!

JSam67
01-24-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm pro-Muse. Am I the only Coachella-goer who sometimes is bummed out about all the reunions/veterans? How about a band in their prime, or at least closer to their prime, headlining? But I guess that's why I have Lollapalooza.

Jack Johnson, Portishead, Roger Waters <<<<<<< Daft Punk, Muse, Pearl Jam

JSam67
01-24-2008, 12:18 AM
But, who cares about headliners at Coachella right? It's all about the undercard... Sick of all the same arguments/counterarguments. Unless you're a JJ fan, you're bummed he's headlining. And the other 2 are great, especially Portishead, but one is 60+ yrs old and the other has only 2 full-length albums in the 90s. There shouldn't be any criteria for headlining Coachella anymore. I would personally like to see more balance btwn younger/awesome rock acts and older/cool rock acts. E.g. even though I love Floyd, I would be way more excited to see, say, Muse than RW...And I just saw them a few months ago whilst never having seen Waters.

hypervera
01-24-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm pro-Muse. Am I the only Coachella-goer who sometimes is bummed out about all the reunions/veterans? How about a band in their prime, or at least closer to their prime, headlining? But I guess that's why I have Lollapalooza.

Jack Johnson, Portishead, Roger Waters <<<<<<< Daft Punk, Muse, Pearl Jam

:thu

TickleMeElmo
01-24-2008, 12:26 AM
All kinds of people love Jack Johnson too. Headliner-wise, he's more different than past headliners, while Muse wouldn't be as different. So Jack Johnson would actually be more diverse considering the history of Coachella.

Also, you don't need to tell me how great they are, I know. I've seen them twice so far, once in Denver and once at Lollapalooza and both times they melted face. The main point of my arguement is that if they headlined next year, people would be as disappointed with them as a headliner as they are with Portishead. It's not that people don't like Portishead or Muse, people love them actually but I bet most people would think they shouldn't headline or expect someone bigger.

And no, not check mate r tard. What alex97 said doesn't defeat my arguement at all.

TickleMeElmo
01-24-2008, 12:32 AM
But, who cares about headliners at Coachella right? It's all about the undercard... Sick of all the same arguments/counterarguments. Unless you're a JJ fan, you're bummed he's headlining. And the other 2 are great, especially Portishead, but one is 60+ yrs old and the other has only 2 full-length albums in the 90s. There shouldn't be any criteria for headlining Coachella anymore. I would personally like to see more balance btwn younger/awesome rock acts and older/cool rock acts. E.g. even though I love Floyd, I would be way more excited to see, say, Muse than RW...And I just saw them a few months ago whilst never having seen Waters.

If Coachella did start having younger rock bands headlining who are near or at their prime, then yeah, Muse would probably be included but they haven't been doing that yet. Lollapalooza does kind of do that, but that festival is different with their lineup/schedule altogether. But yeah, undercard all the way. A headliner has never been my favorite set of the day, not even close.

hypervera
01-24-2008, 12:35 AM
All kinds of people love Jack Johnson too. Headliner-wise, he's more different than past headliners, while Muse wouldn't be as different. So Jack Johnson would actually be more diverse considering the history of Coachella.

Also, you don't need to tell me how great they are, I know. I've seen them twice so far, once in Denver and once at Lollapalooza and both times they melted face. The main point of my arguement is that if they headlined next year, people would be as disappointed with them as a headliner as they are with Portishead. It's not that people don't like Portishead or Muse, people love them actually but I bet most people would think they shouldn't headline or expect someone bigger.

And no, not check mate r tard. What alex97 said doesn't defeat my arguement at all.

alex97 kicked your fucking red ass idiot! jack johnson sucks for headliner!! muse is a fucking better headliner, and muse is getting bigger every year in the U.S. sorry for you stupid blind.

and about expecting a bigger headliner??? you cant have radiohead, depeche mode, ratm, the cure, oasis playing all the years. the only bigger thing than muse that coachella need to get could be U2,REM, pearl jam. thats all

alex97
01-24-2008, 12:40 AM
All kinds of people love Jack Johnson too.

right. toddlers and surfers... and toddlers.

alex97
01-24-2008, 12:47 AM
The main point of my arguement is that if they headlined next year, people would be as disappointed with them as a headliner as they are with Portishead.

maybe so. some people just can't be happy with themselves, maybe they'll even mess with threads that they "don't care about"..

they might complain about muse headlining, but when they finish their set, i'm pretty sure most of us will be there, laughing our ass off as we watch each and everyone of them in complete awe, shocking and chewing on their words ;)

danielle
01-24-2008, 07:21 PM
maybe so. some people just can't be happy with themselves, maybe they'll even mess with threads that they "don't care about"..

they might complain about muse headlining, but when they finish their set, i'm pretty sure most of us will be there, laughing our ass off as we watch each and everyone of them in complete awe, shocking and chewing on their words ;)

I know what you mean. I've seen them 5x and they're great. They blow my mind every damn time, too. Saw them at Irvine, Vegoose, The Forum, The Joint and Sandy Eggo... All great performances. I was rather disappointed when I heard they're not playing this year, especially after that damn fake Coachella poster :mad:
Oh well.... everyone has their opinions. I'd love to defend Muse and their greatness, but that's not gonna get them to play Coachella, unfortunately.
Oh well, there's always next year.

TickleMeElmo
01-24-2008, 08:59 PM
alex97 kicked your fucking red ass idiot! jack johnson sucks for headliner!! muse is a fucking better headliner, and muse is getting bigger every year in the U.S. sorry for you stupid blind.

and about expecting a bigger headliner??? you cant have radiohead, depeche mode, ratm, the cure, oasis playing all the years. the only bigger thing than muse that coachella need to get could be U2,REM, pearl jam. thats all

You're not getting the point of my arguement you fucking cunt. Simply put, Jack Johnson has more commercial appeal than Muse does right now. You can't fucking argue that. Muse could surpass Jack Johnson in popularity, I could easily see that happening in the near future, but not right now. Nope. Not at all. If Muse got added to Friday, they'd be under Jack Johnson, maybe The Verve too.

And there's more bigger bands than what you have listed, you just need to expand the variety, which is kinda what they did this year.

TickleMeElmo
01-24-2008, 09:03 PM

Or wondering where they all are and then realize they're still in the Sahara getting aurally raped by The Prodigy.

hypervera
01-24-2008, 09:15 PM
You're not getting the point of my arguement you fucking cunt. Simply put, Jack Johnson has more commercial appeal than Muse does right now. You can't fucking argue that. Muse could surpass Jack Johnson in popularity, I could easily see that happening in the near future, but not right now. Nope. Not at all. If Muse got added to Friday, they'd be under Jack Johnson, maybe The Verve too.

And there's more bigger bands than what you have listed, you just need to expand the variety, which is kinda what they did this year.

you are just an idiot, you know muse have better music than jj, you just dont want to lose here and its stupid. yeah jack is popular with surfers and little kids like alex said! and if muse were the headliner we could have less people bitching here, you know muse is more coachella material than jack and his cartoon monkey. and again coachella is in fuckin california, california loves muse, and muse could get people from other countries too and in one day you have more fucking bands so the number of people there is bigger so there is no problem with muse. and i like the verve, i wouldnīt mind if muse opens for THE VERVE!!

coachella needs to get pearl jam and rem, and then get your variety bands. which is kinda what they did this year???? this is bullshit, GV sent coachella to hell because they know theyll have it sold out and they keep the best for the other fest.

alex97
01-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Or wondering where they all are and then realize they're still in the Sahara getting aurally raped by The Prodigy.

nah .. that would never happen.. :cool:

TickleMeElmo
01-25-2008, 01:31 AM
you are just an idiot, you know muse have better music than jj, you just dont want to lose here and its stupid. yeah jack is popular with surfers and little kids like alex said! and if muse were the headliner we could have less people bitching here, you know muse is more coachella material than jack and his cartoon monkey. and again coachella is in fuckin california, california loves muse, and muse could get people from other countries too and in one day you have more fucking bands so the number of people there is bigger so there is no problem with muse. and i like the verve, i wouldnīt mind if muse opens for THE VERVE!!

coachella needs to get pearl jam and rem, and then get your variety bands. which is kinda what they did this year???? this is bullshit, GV sent coachella to hell because they know theyll have it sold out and they keep the best for the other fest.

This isn't an arguement about who has better music between the two. I agree that Muse has better music than Jack Johnson does, but I don't think the nation would agree with me on that. Jack Johnson right now is a bigger draw than Muse. More people in the US know who Jack Johnson is over Muse, which is kinda a shame but it's true.

Yeah, it is kinda bullshit what GV did this year with Coachella regarding APW, but it's still a solid lineup, just not as good as last year's. The headliners are a bit weak but there's still tons I still wanna see. Plus, looking at how things are going, I think they probably have a few more additions coming.

alex97
01-25-2008, 01:42 AM
I agree that Muse has better music than Jack Johnson does, but I don't think the nation would agree with me on that. .

followers

Jack Johnson right now is a bigger draw than Muse. More people in the US know who Jack Johnson is over Muse, which is kinda a shame but it's true..

DAMN YOU CURIOUS GEORGE!!!

well, nice to see you're starting to play nice kiddo..

and, yeah, muse can be a little too complex for the average american citizen.. crying shame.

come on people! let's evolve! musically, that is.

hypervera
01-25-2008, 01:57 AM
This isn't an arguement about who has better music between the two. I agree that Muse has better music than Jack Johnson does, but I don't think the nation would agree with me on that. Jack Johnson right now is a bigger draw than Muse. More people in the US know who Jack Johnson is over Muse, which is kinda a shame but it's true.

Yeah, it is kinda bullshit what GV did this year with Coachella regarding APW, but it's still a solid lineup, just not as good as last year's. The headliners are a bit weak but there's still tons I still wanna see. Plus, looking at how things are going, I think they probably have a few more additions coming.

i agree with alex and...

this is an argument museīs space dementia >>>>>>>>>> jack johnson with his cartoon monkey song just for a little example and we know it

jj could be more popular in the U.S. but the coachella people would accept more muse as a headliner than jj, after all coachella is majority fuckin ROCK and muse play rock and jj is just a surfer with his cartoon monkey (his music could fit in coachella but again not as a headliner)

nbvwes
01-25-2008, 02:43 AM
yeah... i was really anti-Radiohead/Muse/Ween... but i'd take Muse over JJ in a sec...

but after this year's reaction, and due to next year being the 10th anniversary (and Stagecoach won't be needing the boost to prove itself) i think they'll shell out for huge names...

Boourns
01-25-2008, 03:02 AM
What size venues does Jack Johnson play? Has he sold out the forum? I know he played the bowl years ago with Ben Harper, but was the opener, right?

pitapitscv
01-25-2008, 06:08 AM
MUSE has only 3 guys. Radiohead has how many? Thank god Radiohead isn't headling......All the haters really get me......Lots of ignorance on these boards. i see the same names year after year in here........GET A LIFE ........

muse rules!!!!

JSam67
01-25-2008, 07:02 AM
I'm simply curious what argument you think you've won by counting the number of members of each band. I love both bands, but I'm pretty confused by your statement.

BillyCrystal
01-25-2008, 11:57 PM
muse is better than jack johnson, but come on...just because they're better than someone else who's not headliner material, doesn't make them headliner material...because they're not headliner material.

hypervera
01-26-2008, 02:17 AM
muse is better than jack johnson, but come on...just because they're better than someone else who's not headliner material, doesn't make them headliner material...because they're not headliner material.

muse is definitely headliner material, and they've been headliners in a lot of festivals more important than coachella.. they 've headlined festivals in both europe and the u.s. :winkiss

thelastgreatman
01-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Muse has never headlined a bigger US festival than Coachella.

hypervera
01-27-2008, 02:22 AM

we know it and nobody said that.
you need some lesson about punctuation marks or something

TickleMeElmo
01-27-2008, 04:00 PM
we know it and nobody said that.
you need some lesson about punctuation marks or something

Looks who's talking, Mr. I-Don't-Know-How-To-Use-Capitalization-Or-Grammar-Worth-Shit.

hypervera
01-27-2008, 04:40 PM
Looks who's talking, Mr. I-Don't-Know-How-To-Use-Capitalization-Or-Grammar-Worth-Shit.

he said i wrote about muse headlining an US festival more important than coachella and i never wrote that.

and elmo dude you know you love me :lips

Hawkings
01-27-2008, 04:57 PM
I remember seeing Muse at Coachella, just from reading the forums and hearing like 4 people take over all threads, related or not with stuff ,"Whatever go see Muse", it seemed like it could have been a question about camping or water, it didn't matter. Similar to Spoon fans taking over posts in a later year. Any who based on the message board hype I saw em and... Muse was awsome, rocking, high energy.

I'd love to see em' again.
Not sure about the whole 'are they headliner or not material thing', just get em :D

hypervera
01-27-2008, 05:00 PM
I remember seeing Muse at Coachella, just from reading the forums and hearing like 4 people take over all threads, related or not with stuff ,"Whatever go see Muse", it seemed like it could have been a question about camping or water, it didn't matter. Similar to Spoon fans taking over posts in a later year. Any who based on the message board hype I saw em and... Muse was awsome, rocking, high energy.

I'd love to see em' again.
Not sure about the whole 'are they headliner or not material thing', just get em :D

yeah 50 minutes of glory

Memorial_07
01-27-2008, 09:28 PM
I said the same thing about Ministry.
Karma gets you

alex97
01-28-2008, 02:51 AM

oh come on!! go host the oscars or something! he he get it? bcrystal? huh.. nevermind.. the thing is...

muse could definitely headline coachella, this year if they were to be added, or next year..

and umm, yeah, i've come to realize that a lot of people in the board don't take the time to actually read the posts, they just read 2 or 3 words and then get all fired up.. some others don't even know the facts of what they're saying, and they just keep on posting and posting anyway.. reading is not just about seeing a word or 2 in a sentence. and, yeah, the preview post and edit buttons are your friends :thu

gibsonorbust
01-30-2008, 02:07 AM
ah yes, MUSE, the emo rip of Radiohead. Yay?

hypervera
01-30-2008, 10:59 AM
ah yes, MUSE, the emo rip of Radiohead. Yay?

emo??? muse is not emo blabla of radiohead :thu

PassiveTheory
01-30-2008, 11:03 AM
LOL Muse, emo? In juxtaposition to Radiohead? The band that has lyrics like:

"A heart that's full up like a landfill
A job that slowly kills you
Bruises that won't heal"

Look, neither band is emo. The prospect of that is hilarious.

Purplegator
02-02-2008, 08:46 AM
Saw Muse at Coachalla 2004, they were intense! I'd like to see them return in '09

C DUB YA
02-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Muse is always amazing live - always

and no - Muse is not emo.

MarkO
02-02-2008, 09:52 AM
I'll never understand Muse or their popularity. Woeful imo. I walked away after 15mins or so at Vegoose.

microcuts
02-02-2008, 10:03 AM

Some people would argue that they've headlined Lollapalooza and Austin City Limits, but only because they were the final band to play at both shows.

humanoid
02-02-2008, 01:39 PM
This argument is entertaining
No way, Muse Rulez!
They Suck, but not as much as you suck!!
Yeah right, no one sucks more than you!
Well, maybe Jack Johnson sucks more than you....

alex97
02-02-2008, 01:56 PM
This argument is entertaining
No way, Muse Rulez!
They Suck, but not as much as you suck!!
Yeah right, no one sucks more than you!
Well, maybe Jack Johnson sucks more than you....

you're welcome, i'm glad we serve as great and pure entertainment for you :winkiss keep enjoying it!

Alchemy
02-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Some people would argue that they've headlined Lollapalooza and Austin City Limits, but only because they were the final band to play at both shows.

People arguing against that wouldn't know what a headliner is. Here is a simple way to look at it:

1. Set Times are released after many tickets have been sold, sometimes even after a festival sells out, so when a band plays doesn't make it a headliner.

Because...

2. A headliner is a band that the festival promoters use to try and sell the tickets. What time or what stage a band plays is not going to help sell tickets, so the argument of a band being a headliner because they closed a main stage is irrelevant.

When it comes to headliners,

3. People try to pick headliners based on name recognition more than talent.

There for...

4. A band with the most name recognition will be on top of the poster making it a headliner, sort of like the headlines of a newspaper. Even if they don't close out their stage in the actual performance, because by then, tickets will have already been sold.

So, the question isn't that if Muse is a talented enough band to play. It is actually if Muse has enough name recognition to play.

Also, there are other things to take into consideration.

+ Can Goldenvoice find a band with more name recognition and still include Muse by placing them 2nd tier?

That's my main argument when it comes to Muse playing. I think GV should always try and pull in those ridiculous headliners first, because Muse would still agree to being 2nd tier. If Muse is willing to be 2nd tier, than GV should at least try to find a headliner before promoting Muse.

+ Has Muse easily accessible and have many people recently seen them at other festivals/shows?

Although it would be awesome to see Muse over and over again (even if they could sell a crap load of tickets), you need to remember that festivals need to keep a sort of freshness to them. It probably would have been cool to get The Smashing Pumpkins instead of Jack Johnson, but The Smashing Pumpkins thing has been done like crazy last year. Jack Johnson, although he may not be our cup of tea, is a fresh grab for his fans (and he has tons of fans). So that being said, we need to keep an eye on what Muse does this year.

+ Will Muse attract a different demographic than another headliner Goldenvoice is able to grab?

If a bigger band like Radiohead, hypothetically, headlined in 2009. Why have Muse headline also? If you notice: Jack Johnson, Portishead, Roger Waters are all very different. Bjork, RHCP, Rage all different. Depeche Mode and Tool. Coldplay and Nine Inch Nails. Radiohead and The Cure. Again, this falls into the case that Muse probably wouldn't mind being a 2nd tier band. So Muse would have to headline with two different bands.

As far as the Jack Johnson thing. I've seen him in a lot of magazines lately. He was featured on MySpace for a while. A new album by Jack Johnson would be more readily picked up by the mass media. You can't make the argument that Muse has a lot of British and Mexican fans, because then you need to take into the consideration of how many of the fans won't be able to come because of the travel cost. A bigger American fan base is more important into selling tickets, because that fan base can get there easily. Here on the board we might not like Jack Johnson, but TONS of people do. The masses like Jack Johnson. Although I don't think he can sell out Coachella. For one thing a lot of his fans are in college, and some have finals that weekend, but there will still be a flock of them coming, no doubt. You have more people like that who love Jack Johnson than Muse.

It really depends on what happens this year. You can't really make an assumption to who will headline 2009 when 2008 has barely begun. We don't know what Muse is going to do.

hypervera
02-02-2008, 03:24 PM
just one thing

lollapalooza: the biggest names in the lineup were daft punk, pearl jam and ben harper

day1 ben harper and daft punk played
day2 muse played
day 3 pearl jam played

day 2 didnt have a headliner!! WTF is that!!?? a day without a headliner, that sucks!!!!!

Perry Farrell loves muse :thu

Alchemy
02-02-2008, 04:59 PM
just one thing

lollapalooza: the biggest names in the lineup were daft punk, pearl jam and ben harper

day1 ben harper and daft punk played
day2 muse played
day 3 pearl jam played

day 2 didnt have a headliner!! WTF is that!!?? a day without a headliner, that sucks!!!!!

Perry Farrell loves muse :thu

Correct you are. Day 2 didn't have headliner. Lolla didn't entrust Muse to sell as much tickets as Ben Harper, Daft Punk and Pearl Jam. Although I don't understand how Ben Harper could see more tickets than Muse... But I hear he has a huge Canadian fan base.

Lollapalooza did feel, however, that Muse was good enough to close off Day 2. In respect to that, we can say that Muse is mighty talented band. In our opinion. That doesn't change the fact that Muse wasn't used to attract sales as much as the others though.

alex97
02-02-2008, 09:38 PM
That doesn't change the fact that Muse wasn't used to attract sales as much as the others though.

yeah, could be due to the fact that muse can be a highly complex band for some people, they're music is not understood by just anyone.. that happens with few bands...

thelastgreatman
02-02-2008, 09:41 PM
... Muse is highly complex? Do you play any musical instruments at all?

menikmati
02-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Does Muse even play any instruments (live)?

alex97
02-03-2008, 12:55 AM
... Muse is highly complex? Do you play any musical instruments at all?

piano. and i do it pretty well :thu

not a casio lousy keyboard but classical piano. took lessons since i was 7.

you should really listen to all muse's records, bsides, etc..

you do know muse isn't all about starlight... don't you??

that's just chewed muse so first time listeners can swallow it nice and easy.

thelastgreatman
02-03-2008, 12:58 AM
I've listened to a decent amount of Muse. They're a good band. They're far from being anything I'd consider "too complex" for people to digest. It's pretty normal stuff.

alex97
02-03-2008, 01:13 AM
I've listened to a decent amount of Muse. They're a good band. They're far from being anything I'd consider "too complex" for people to digest. It's pretty normal stuff.

good for you, man!

then again, here's what i wrote:

yeah, could be due to the fact that muse can be a highly complex band for some people, they're music is not understood by just anyone.. that happens with few bands...

alex97
02-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Does Muse even play any instruments (live)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2VJVb1HL50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkgC88ZvPak

thelastgreatman
02-03-2008, 01:31 AM
Okay, let me rephrase: I don't think that Muse is too complex for anyone, except maybe the deaf.

alex97
02-03-2008, 01:36 AM
Okay, let me rephrase: I don't think that Muse is too complex for anyone, except maybe the deaf.

oh dear, go kill some zombies with your abs, why don't you... :winkiss

T-Rye
02-03-2008, 01:41 AM
I saw the Muse play the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver a few years back and is rates as one of the best shows I've been to. I didn't think they would be able to pull of their tunes live, but they did it surprizingly well. They won me over pretty quickly.

thelastgreatman
02-03-2008, 01:49 AM
oh dear, go kill some zombies with your abs, why don't you... :winkiss

I can't hardly help the fact that my abs slay zombies by the hundreds every day, just getting back and forth to the 7-11.

Alchemy
02-03-2008, 09:44 AM
I wanted to go to ACL last year for the main purpose of watching Muse and White Stripes (and Gotan Project again). Didn't buy my tickets in time though. Thank God for that though since White Stripes dropped out. I would have been furious because everything good on those days I've already seen live except for Muse and White Stripes. I couldn't go to ACL for the sole purpose of watching Muse and a bunch of repeats. Though I wouldn't mind at all seeing Andrew Bird, Bjork and Gotan Project again.

Anyways, I think Muse is pretty awesome. They're definitely on my top list. I don't think they are too complex for anyone though. If anything, Muse is the uncomplicated Radiohead (although they are not complex either), and I don't mean that in a bad way. Muse has this cool progression in their songs and I love the vocals. They make a good mixture of catchy tunes too. I love the piano in it as well.

I can't really think of a band that's too complex. Not even math rock is complex. Maybe complicated to make, but not to listen to. Fantomas' Delerium Cordia (I think it's called) might be complex for people... but I think the right word I'm looking for is weird, not complex. In terms of Muse's piano and compositions, their complexity is not too much too handle. I mean, people still listen to things like Bach and Beethoven, and Muse isn't nearly as complex as them. Dave Matthews Band can get pretty complicated, and they are definitely a band that can sell a bajillion tickets. Although they have a lot of simple pop songs too.

We could publish an entire report on the critical analysis of Muse becoming a headliner. Which is a good thing for Muse. Unlike that guy in the lineup section saying that The Breeders could have headlined above The Verve and Jack Johnson. We could write that off in a sentence.

hypervera
02-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Anyways, I think Muse is pretty awesome. They're definitely on my top list. I don't think they are too complex for anyone though. If anything, Muse is the uncomplicated Radiohead (although they are not complex either), and I don't mean that in a bad way. Muse has this cool progression in their songs and I love the vocals. They make a good mixture of catchy tunes too. I love the piano in it as well.

I can't really think of a band that's too complex. Not even math rock is complex. Maybe complicated to make, but not to listen to. Fantomas' Delerium Cordia (I think it's called) might be complex for people... but I think the right word I'm looking for is weird, not complex. In terms of Muse's piano and compositions, their complexity is not too much too handle. I mean, people still listen to things like Bach and Beethoven, and Muse isn't nearly as complex as them. Dave Matthews Band can get pretty complicated, and they are definitely a band that can sell a bajillion tickets. Although they have a lot of simple pop songs too.

please dont put radiohead and muse in a same sentence it doesnt have sense.

complex for some people, we know everybody here can listen to weird, indie, elevated music, but for the masses like a kid of laguna beach well he can enjoy starlight but space dementia?? citizen erased?, ruled by secrecy? the kidīd change the track inmediately!. and we have to admit that muse doesnt have regular music, except for their singles because they are for the masses to sell.

i watched that phantomas video on youtube and yeah the word is weird haha and wait a minute the dude of faith no more is in the band???

maybe youīre and expert musician, but people like tom morello, joe petrucci and the rest of the band(fuckin virtuosos) admire muse and mattīs skills, heīs one of the best guitarist and pianist in this business right now

skavron
02-05-2008, 12:51 AM

I agree in everything, except for the 'Muse among Tool' part... Tool is way higher ranked than Muse. Though, I like Muse much more than Tool... just being realistic.

thelastgreatman
02-05-2008, 12:53 AM
Must is nowhere near Portishead either. That's fucking absurd too. You know nothing about musical talent, hyper.

alex97
02-05-2008, 01:28 AM
MusE is nowhere near Portishead either. That's fucking absurd too.

"nowhere near" sounds absurd..

i think they're kinda on the same level musically..

but you really can't compare them, cause they're just different.

Alchemy
02-05-2008, 06:50 AM
I'm pretty sure that kids of laguna beach are the majority of Muse fans in America, hyper.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 01:45 PM
The bass player has talent, but Matt isn't that amazing of a guitarist. He brings nothing new to the table in terms of being a songwriter or a guitar player. Skills don't really get anyone anywhere anyways. Talent is the key. Like Yngwie Malmsteen. He's one of the fastest guitar players in the world. He has incredible skills, amazing chops, but he can't write a song to save his fucking life. I don't even think they are big enough to headline an American festival. Have they? Correct me if I'm wrong.

matt has skills and talent, Morello, Petrucci, Kirk Hammett and some others agree with me. and we are talking about comercial musicians not about increible dudes that dont have a fuckin band.

*they were headliners at the street scene 2007 in san diego.
*"headliners" of the day 2 of lollapalooza, because pearl jam, daft punk, ben harper didnt play the day 2.
*and at ACL

i know muse since their first record i know about their greatness

hypervera
02-05-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm pretty sure that kids of laguna beach are the majority of Muse fans in America, hyper.

yes, they may love starlight but they dont understand space dementia, ruled by secrecy, citizen erased, etc etc

haha but the majority? its stupid what you said

hypervera
02-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Must is nowhere near Portishead either. That's fucking absurd too. You know nothing about musical talent, hyper.

dude ive listening to good rock since i have memory and i fuckin play some musical instruments, and you just push play in your ipod

Blinken
02-05-2008, 03:33 PM
yes, they may love starlight but they dont understand space dementia, ruled by secrecy, citizen erased, etc etc

It's stupid what you said. How do you know what they understand. You fucking don't, and you sound like an elitist asshole.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 03:37 PM
It's stupid what you said. How do you know what they understand. You fucking don't, and you sound like an elitist asshole.

dude, they understand fall out boy

thelastgreatman
02-05-2008, 03:38 PM
dude ive listening to good rock since i have memory and i fuckin play some musical instruments, and you just push play in your ipod

I don't own an ipod. What does you playing musical instruments have to do with anything? Muse is not complex musically. That's not even saying they're not good, but they're not difficult to grasp as music goes. It's not like they're fucking Squarepusher for Christ's sake.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 03:41 PM

you said this
thats why the musical intruments were mentioned and etc

Blinken
02-05-2008, 03:53 PM
dude, they understand fall out boy

Again generalizing, but that doesn't mean shit.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 03:58 PM
I don't own an ipod. What does you playing musical instruments have to do with anything? Muse is not complex musically. That's not even saying they're not good, but they're not difficult to grasp as music goes. It's not like they're fucking Squarepusher for Christ's sake.

i dont know who the hell is squarepusher is, and i watched a video of them playing a song called "Hello Meow" the bass player is good, but this band isnt rock! and the song didnt sound like the big shit nothing wow complex, dont compare muse music with other genres. and when we talk about comercial rock muse have complex music

TickleMeElmo
02-05-2008, 04:14 PM
WTF? How the hell is this thread still going? Now you guys are argueing about how complex Muse is? Just how much more Muse dick can hypervera suck? We understand you think they are the greatest thing to ever happen but jesus fucking christ don't shove it down people's throats. The more and more I read your arguements the more I start to understand that you really don't know what you're talking about. You know Muse... and that's about it. You don't understand that people don't listen to the same stuff as you nor do you know much else about any other band/artist.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 04:17 PM
WTF? How the hell is this thread still going? Now you guys are argueing about how complex Muse is? Just how much more Muse dick can hypervera suck? We understand you think they are the greatest thing to ever happen but jesus fucking christ don't shove it down people's throats. The more and more I read your arguements the more I start to understand that you really don't know what you're talking about. You know Muse... and that's about it. You don't understand that people don't listen to the same stuff as you nor do you know much else about any other band/artist.

you answering helps a lot
well the beatles are the greatest thing ever happen
i know about oasis, radiohead, etc etc hahah im writing in the stone temple pilots thread too :thu

Alchemy
02-05-2008, 04:34 PM

Yes, the majority. They understand all the rest of those songs easily. I mean, let's go over them.

Space Dementia, first off, isn't very complicated. It's not a very simple song, I'll give you that... But a "laguna beach kid" could totally hackie sack to this, bro.

Ruled By Secrecy has beautiful piano in it, but it isn't very complicated. I could play this song on the piano if you give me about an hour to take a listen to it. Just because it's beautiful doesn't mean its complicated. I love this song, by the way. It's one of my favorites off that album.

Citizen Erased? Complicated? Really? I don't think so at all. You show this song to a "laguna beach kid" and they'd love the hell out of it.

Muse is not a complicated band, and that doesn't mean I think they suck because I could list very few bands as complicated. They've got awesome piano pieces in their music, but I've got my points on why I wouldn't call Muse a perfect or complex band, in my opinion. For one thing, a lot of their songs sound like they use fixed arpeggios, and like the same kind for each song. Be it played by a piano, distorted guitar or a lead synth. The main point is that it's somewhat easy to learn Muse songs. You don't need to be an expert at piano to play these piano pieces. If you can pick pretty decently, you can also play the guitar on these songs.

It's not complicated man. Its stupid what you said.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Yes, the majority. They understand all the rest of those songs easily. I mean, let's go over them.

Space Dementia, first off, isn't very complicated. It's not a very simple song, I'll give you that... But a "laguna beach kid" could totally hackie sack to this, bro.

Ruled By Secrecy has beautiful piano in it, but it isn't very complicated. I could play this song on the piano if you give me about an hour to take a listen to it. Just because it's beautiful doesn't mean its complicated. I love this song, by the way. It's one of my favorites off that album.

Citizen Erased? Complicated? Really? I don't think so at all. You show this song to a "laguna beach kid" and they'd love the hell out of it.

Muse is not a complicated band, and that doesn't mean I think they suck because I could list very few bands as complicated. They've got awesome piano pieces in their music, but I've got my points on why I wouldn't call Muse a perfect or complex band, in my opinion. For one thing, a lot of their songs sound like they use fixed arpeggios, and like the same kind for each song. Be it played by a piano, distorted guitar or a lead synth. The main point is that it's somewhat easy to learn Muse songs. You don't need to be an expert at piano to play these piano pieces. If you can pick pretty decently, you can also play the guitar on these songs.

It's not complicated man. Its stupid what you said.

yeah people can play their songs but create a fucking song thats the point. i can play their songs in the guitar too and i can play some radiohead songs too and im not god. they are complex for comercial rock they are not a simple
band and a laguna beach kid would say boring to space dementia or ruled by secrecy and put a fall out boy track
and nobody used the expression "perfect", the perfection doesnt exist right now in music, well the beatles maybe

yeah muse complex rock band

Alchemy
02-05-2008, 04:55 PM
yeah people can play their songs but create a fucking song thats the point. i can play their songs in the guitar too and i can play some radiohead songs too and im not god. they are complex for comercial rock they are not a simple
band and a laguna beach kid would say boring to space dementia or ruled by secrecy and put a fall out boy track
and nobody used the expression "perfect", the perfection doesnt exist right now in music, well the beatles maybe

yeah muse complex rock band

A laguna beach kid would totally listen to those songs. You obviously haven't seen what America's been like the past year. Muse is going to replace Fall Out Boy, thank God. These rich kids with their Guitar Hero love Muse. Their playing Knights of Cydonia at all hours in their dorms, and that led to them buying the Muse discographies. I say God bless them for buying some good music, but that is where Muse is in America. Doesn't make them any less better than they are.

I said perfect in my own view of Muse. I use perfect pretty loosely though. I wouldn't say that the Beatles are at that stage, but that's a whole other thing.

Anyways, dude, don't take it so hard that Muse isn't exactly "complicated". I would say it's greater to make something simple become incredibly impressive, than to try and impress people by making something complex. Muse is your favorite band, we got it. Its not everybody's cup of tea here. You just have to deal with it. I certainly don't try defending Dave Matthews Band on this board, and they're my favorite (pre-Busted Stuff) band ever.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 05:15 PM
A laguna beach kid would totally listen to those songs. You obviously haven't seen what America's been like the past year. Muse is going to replace Fall Out Boy, thank God. These rich kids with their Guitar Hero love Muse. Their playing Knights of Cydonia at all hours in their dorms, and that led to them buying the Muse discographies. I say God bless them for buying some good music, but that is where Muse is in America. Doesn't make them any less better than they are.

I said perfect in my own view of Muse. I use perfect pretty loosely though. I wouldn't say that the Beatles are at that stage, but that's a whole other thing.

Anyways, dude, don't take it so hard that Muse isn't exactly "complicated". I would say it's greater to make something simple become incredibly impressive, than to try and impress people by making something complex. Muse is your favorite band, we got it. Its not everybody's cup of tea here. You just have to deal with it. I certainly don't try defending Dave Matthews Band on this board, and they're my favorite (pre-Busted Stuff) band ever.

yeah i love muse no matter what, well i knew that the day that people that doesnt deserve muse would listen to them would come :nono it happens to all bands. and we need other backstreet boys to keep the balance

well in that case the beatles were the closest to perfection.

and yeah they do simple good songs too like plug in baby for example, the point is that some people underated muse and thats shit.

i understand that muse can be hated or whatever but the point is some people can say well i dont like muse but they are big and thats ok. and here is muse sucks etc and thats why im here having my english practise lesson or something

example i just know like 4 portishead songs and i say they are a good band, they are ok as headliners and im not saying portishead sucks etc etc

TonyWonder
02-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Hey Hypervera, please let this thread die and stop policing every comment. It's obnoxious

I almost forgot...Muse sucks a ton of ass.

Edited to emphasize how much ass Muse sucks.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Hey Hypervera, please let this thread die and stop policing every comment. It's obnoxious.

I almost forgot...Muse sucks ass.

it not depends on me, you suck ass :thu

alex97
02-06-2008, 01:13 AM

anyone who calls themself smart doesn't watch laguna beach in the first place.. well there might be a few exceptions, but even there, it could be just a guilty pleasure..

summerkid
02-06-2008, 01:27 AM
Muse, Coldplay, and Dylan.

hypervera
02-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Muse, Coldplay, and Dylan.

looks good, maybe oasis too

alex97
02-06-2008, 01:32 AM

LOL.. i think it would have to go like this..

space dementia in my radio OH oh! oh OH! (enter a line from the movie closer, which is the provider for lyrics in FOB and Panic songs) Oh OH!

Muse is going to replace Fall Out Boy, thank God. These rich kids with their Guitar Hero love Muse. Their playing Knights of Cydonia at all hours in their dorms, and that led to them buying the Muse discographies. I say God bless them for buying some good music, but that is where Muse is in America. Doesn't make them any less better than they are.

this has a lot to do with knights being in the trailer for 300..

anyway, you can't talk about a majority.. show me your stats. i know all kinds of people, rich kids, not so rich kids, rockers, popsters, regular people, smart people, stupid people, you name it.. and i know lots of girls and boys from school who watch laguna beach, and being a muse fan i tend to ask if they've heard about them and most of them don't know about them and those who do is because of starlight or smbh.. and they add.. "it's the band that justin introduced in some europe awards.." :rolleyes

TickleMeElmo
02-06-2008, 01:44 AM
I certainly don't try defending Dave Matthews Band on this board, and they're my favorite (pre-Busted Stuff) band ever.

Word. DMB kicks ass, no matter what anybody else says here.

Hell, I could use them in a good point here. Just because something is complex doesn't mean the average person won't like it, take DMB for example. DMB is more complex than Muse and they have more commercial appeal.

yeah i love muse no matter what, well i knew that the day that people that doesnt deserve muse would listen to them would come :nono it happens to all bands. and we need other backstreet boys to keep the balance

What do you mean by doesn't deserve Muse? So what if they discover them and enjoy them. Is that such a band thing? It means they get more popular. That's a pretty elitist attitude there.

the point is that some people underated muse and thats shit.

So what? Just deal with it, not everybody will agree with you, especially in a place like this where opinions run rampant. I love DMB and I know many people here wouldn't agree with me on how great they are but oh well. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Judging music is based purely off of opinion. I find DMB to be utterly fantastic while others fucking hate them, while people will praise Broken Social Scene who I think are complete shit. Neither of us are right or wrong, it's not a matter of that at all. It's just opinion.

hypervera
02-06-2008, 01:53 AM
Word. DMB kicks ass, no matter what anybody else says here.

Hell, I could use them in a good point here. Just because something is complex doesn't mean the average person won't like it, take DMB for example. DMB is more complex than Muse and they have more commercial appeal.

What do you mean by doesn't deserve Muse? So what if they discover them and enjoy them. Is that such a band thing? It means they get more popular. That's a pretty elitist attitude there.

So what? Just deal with it, not everybody will agree with you, especially in a place like this where opinions run rampant. I love DMB and I know many people here wouldn't agree with me on how great they are but oh well. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Judging music is based purely off of opinion. I find DMB to be utterly fantastic while others fucking hate them, while people will praise Broken Social Scene who I think are complete shit. Neither of us are right or wrong, it's not a matter of that at all. It's just opinion.

doesnt deserve muse example stupid soulless people like laguna beach kids haha.

DMB isnt a rock band, muse is a rock band

so what? i dont like DMB but i know they are good musicians and i wont talk shit about them, thats what im saying, i know that not everybody will love muse but some people are stupid and they talk shit without fundaments

alex97
02-06-2008, 02:04 AM
i dont like DMB but i know they are good musicians and i wont talk shit about them, thats what im saying, i know that not everybody will love muse but some people are stupid and they talk shit without fundaments

i'm gonna have to agree on this one

you may not know fuck about a band, or maybe they're just not your cup of tea, but that doesn't mean you must start talking shit about them especially if you don't know shit about them or just don't care about them at all..

DMB are a good band.. i liked them from under the table till before these crowded streets, even dig some of everyday, but afterwards i sort of lost track of them.. are they still good? i'll look for some of the new stuff..

thelastgreatman
02-06-2008, 07:34 AM
i dont know who the hell is squarepusher is, and i watched a video of them playing a song called "Hello Meow" the bass player is good, but this band isnt rock! and the song didnt sound like the big shit nothing wow complex, dont compare muse music with other genres. and when we talk about comercial rock muse have complex music

Um... Squarepusher doesn't have a bassplayer. It's just one guy. He's an electronic act. I'll compare muse with whatever fucking genre I want if I feel the analogy works, and it does. Muse is radio-friendly early Radiohead with a little bit of guitar wailing thrown in there. They're not complex. They're not Pink Floyd, or DMB (who I don't like), or Rush (ditto), or Yes, or Tool. They're not some wacky musical geniuses who wow the rest of the music world with their off-the-wall variation on what rock music usually is. They're just good rock music. THAT'S ALL.

hypervera
02-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Um... Squarepusher doesn't have a bassplayer. It's just one guy. He's an electronic act. I'll compare muse with whatever fucking genre I want if I feel the analogy works, and it does. Muse is radio-friendly early Radiohead with a little bit of guitar wailing thrown in there. They're not complex. They're not Pink Floyd, or DMB (who I don't like), or Rush (ditto), or Yes, or Tool. They're not some wacky musical geniuses who wow the rest of the music world with their off-the-wall variation on what rock music usually is. They're just good rock music. THAT'S ALL.

well in the video i watched he was playing the bass too. and your analogy didnt work. early radiohead???? thats shit. yeah muse is not pink floyd but they are making their way. and at this moment muse is one of the bands (comercial rock) that are closer to that wacky stuff you said

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Muse is a band that wants to be Queen...that is about it...I love Muse but they are no Queen, Radiohead or Pink Floyd...they have a long way to go...

hypervera
02-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Muse is a band that wants to be Queen...that is about it...I love Muse but they are no Queen, Radiohead or Pink Floyd...they have a long way to go...

yeah queen is an influence
and youre right muse is not pink floyd or radiohead or queen, they are Muse!!! :thu

CzarValvador
09-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Wait, so is muse officially Headlining? Cause if they are, I'm for sure getting Tickets!

TommyboyUNM
09-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Wait, so is muse officially Headlining? Cause if they are, I'm for sure getting Tickets!

That is one of the best first posts I've seen in quite some time. Welcome! Lol.

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Um... Squarepusher doesn't have a bassplayer. It's just one guy. He's an electronic act.

Erm... true enough. Squarepusher is just one guy, but.. that one guy.. plays the bass. Yeah, he's an electronic act, but it's not really accurate to say that Squarepusher doesn't have a bass player. If you ever seen him live, it's pretty much just a dude with a bass guitar on stage. Yeah, he's got a grip of pedals and processors and synths and other electronic shit, but to the untrained eye, when he's on stage, it's a guy with a beard and a bass guitar.

CzarValvador
09-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Haha, thanks, I've been a Muse fan since I heard "Our Time is Running Out" for the first time. So, if they play, it's a huge go for me.

My friends went to Coachella last year and told me of the bands that played there, like Pendulum and Justice. So Obviously, Coachella is pretty much amazing. I listen to all sorts of music, it's just that Muse would tie the knot for me.

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 09:28 PM
My friends went to Coachella last year and told me of the bands that played there, like Pendulum and Justice. So Obviously, Coachella is pretty much amazing. I listen to all sorts of music, it's just that Muse would tie the knot for me.

Pendulum was fucking terrible. I was in the front row, and caught their shitty drummer's stupid broken drumstick. My biggest regret was not skipping them for Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings.

Also, Muse sucks.

CzarValvador
09-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Although I really couldn't give two shits about your opinion.

Everyone has been avoiding my question.

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Yes, Muse is confirmed.

CzarValvador
09-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Hokay, thankyou. Appreciate it, even though our opinions are at an impass!

PassiveTheory
09-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Muse is confirmed. Yep. Confirmed to the max. Superconfirmed, indeed.

There couldn't be an act more confirmed than Muse at this point in time.

CzarValvador
09-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Awesome... So now... I just gotta subtract 300$ whenever I look at my Savings from now on.

TommyboyUNM
09-10-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm so happy that Muse has a confirmed confirmation. As confirmed as confirmed can be. Enjoy Muse at Coachella 2009.

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Awesome... So now... I just gotta subtract 300$ whenever I look at my Savings from now on.

yeah, so, I think you just overdrafted your savings account by about $298.

Get a fucking job.

mind tricks
09-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Muse headlining would be amazing. Way better than Jack Johnson.

Backwater
09-11-2008, 12:03 AM
I heard Muse's albums and thought they were good, but not amazingly great. I heard about how awesome their live show is so I saw them at Vegoose and, while I thought they were great, I was disappointed considering all the hype I heard about it.

JSam67
09-11-2008, 12:07 AM
They were pretty great at Lolla last year. I'd love to see them in the desert.

thewindowliquor
09-11-2008, 02:47 AM
Muse is not a worthy headliner. Thread over.

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 04:22 AM
Muse can suck my balls. Fucking garbage, keep them away from Indio, Lolla can keep them JSam

TommyboyUNM
09-11-2008, 07:15 AM
I heard Muse's albums and thought they were good, but not amazingly great. I heard about how awesome their live show is so I saw them at Vegoose and, while I thought they were great, I was disappointed considering all the hype I heard about it.

They are actually really damn good live. You saw a stripped down Muse show at Vegoose.

TommyboyUNM
09-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Muse headlining would be amazing. Way better than Jack Johnson.

Did people from a Muse message board decide to come over here?

TommyboyUNM
09-11-2008, 07:17 AM
Muse can suck my balls. Fucking garbage, keep them away from Indio, Lolla can keep them JSam

Muse>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cher and Duran Duran :)

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 07:29 AM
Cher and Duran Duran are original acts that have influenced generations of bands and have somehow managed to stay relevant in 2008. Whereas Muse is a carbon copy of countless other bands and hide behind lasers and oversized sattelites

thewindowliquor
09-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Muse>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cher and Duran Duran :)

This is not true at all.

M Sparks
09-11-2008, 12:04 PM
You saw a stripped down Muse show at Vegoose.

Yeah, that was REALLY stripped down. Both in stage show and setlist. I had just seen them do a headline show a few weeks before that, and I was very disappointed in the Vegoose show. Though, they did sound fantastic, considering the setting. I wound up leaving early to see UNKLE, but that was a mistake.

Blinken
09-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Cher and Duran Duran are original acts that have influenced generations of bands and have somehow managed to stay relevant in 2008. Whereas Muse is a carbon copy of countless other bands and hide behind lasers and oversized sattelites

No. Cher and Duran Duran are not relevant in 2008, they haven't been relevant for well over a decade.

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 01:55 PM
That's where you're wrong Blink, just because you're not a fan doesn't make those two musical acts any less relevant.

This is not true at all.

I love you

Backwater
09-11-2008, 02:35 PM
I wonder why Muse stripped down the show so much for Vegoose. Daft Punk certainly didn't.

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 02:51 PM
they weren't headlining.

sbessiso
and they suck

Sushov23
That's where you're wrong Blink, just because you're not a fan doesn't make those two musical acts any less relevant.

I love you

actually man they aren't relevant anymore.

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Yeah, they are actually

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Cher? fuck no, duran duran, ummmmm sure, ok buddy.

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Only because you're not a fan of either one. I will killa puppy if muse plays next year

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 03:00 PM
I actually like old school Duran Duran tracks, the new album? sucked major balls. therefore not relevant. Cher, yeah I don't care for her AT ALL.

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 03:04 PM
still doesnt mean shes not relevant in 2008

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-11-2008, 03:10 PM
MUSE are the best Queen cover band ever!!!!!!!!!!

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 03:11 PM
muahahaha

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-11-2008, 03:15 PM
It wasn't meant as a insult! I love Queen!

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 03:16 PM
I :pulse QUEEN as well, not muse

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Muse is what Queen would have sounded like if Freddie was straight.

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 03:20 PM
you shouldve seen the face I made when I read that! yikes marco, yikes

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Was it shock or awe?

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 03:22 PM
hahahaahahaahahah, salah you take it way too serious brotha.

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 03:56 PM
you're right, I need to chillax a bit. I was a little cranky back there

boarderwoozel3
09-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Muse would make a fine headliner and from what I've heard about their live show, convert quite a few haters. I'd be thrilled have them come to Coachella.

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 03:59 PM
but theyre not a headliner BW3! at least give me that!

I would love to be converted, I imagine I would be if I saw them live

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 04:00 PM
they can pull off headlining friday night.

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 04:02 PM
crankiness....coming....back....must....fight it...the white stripes will headline friday......muse can sub its fine by me.......

phew that was a close one! I almost popped a vein :)!

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 04:05 PM
I would be fine with that honestly, the thing is Muse better get an hour and 10 minutes AT LEAST.

boarderwoozel3
09-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Muse are too headliners! They're stage presence, sound, and following warrant that billing. And think of how happy it would make all the people coming over from the UK.

Sbess, you like accents, there would be even more Euro folk than usual if Muse played.

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 04:10 PM
the only other issue is while I've never seen the white stripes, I don't think the white stripes could match the intensity, and epicness of a muse show.

boarderwoozel3
I would be fine with that honestly, the thing is Muse better get an hour and 10 minutes AT LEAST.

I don't think they would agree to playing anything outside of a headlining spot. Unless they were playing in front of Radiohead or Bowie ala Pixies '04.

thestripe
Muse were meh in 04. Just say'n.

boarderwoozel3
09-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Muse were meh in 04. Just say'n.

That was pre Black Holes & Revelations.

TommyboyUNM
09-11-2008, 04:18 PM
they weren't headlining.

No I don't think that was it. I think they just didn't want to haul all of their stage set overseas for what was essentially a one-off in the states. They finished touring the US in September and were playing Europe for almost a month before Vegoose. Financially, it may not have made sense. Matt Bellamany really loves Rage. If they could've done their entire show then I'm sure they would've, considering they went on right before Rage did.

thestripe
09-11-2008, 04:20 PM
That was pre Black Holes & Revelations.

and? I don't really care for Black Holes & Revelations. Muse to me are just okay and I hope Paul T picks a higher caliber act to headline.

TommyboyUNM
09-11-2008, 04:23 PM
but theyre not a headliner BW3! at least give me that!

I would love to be converted, I imagine I would be if I saw them live

Salah, you would have a lot of fun at a Muse show. I promise. The music is loud and energetic and the lights are off the hook. Before I saw MMJ and Radiohead, Muse was the best live band I had seen. Muse at Red Rocks last September was a glorious night.

TommyboyUNM
09-11-2008, 04:26 PM
and? I don't really care for Black Holes & Revelations. Muse to me are just okay and I hope Paul T picks a higher caliber act to headline.

I'm a huge Muse fan, but I'd actually like it if they were a sub-headliner. I've seen them 5 times already so I'd like a headliner I've never seen. They need a time slot in the dark, though.

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Salah, you would have a lot of fun at a Muse show. I promise. The music is loud and energetic and the lights are off the hook. Before I saw MMJ and Radiohead, Muse was the best live band I had seen. Muse at Red Rocks last September was a glorious night.

I thought Muse live was better than Radiohead live. Matt has that crazy stage presence, that I noticed Thom doesn't have.

thestripe
09-11-2008, 04:27 PM
It's so funny how things work. In 04 people were questioning why people in the U.S don't really care for Muse. Now every Guitar Hero playing nerd on the planet thinks they are the shit. Blah.

TommyboyUNM
09-11-2008, 04:32 PM
I thought Muse live was better than Radiohead live. Matt has that crazy stage presence, that I noticed Thom doesn't have.

I think I've said this before. I'm a Muse fan, but Radiohead is just a better band. I think that's pretty clear. They are better musicians on stage and the sound was just freakishly crisp. And the light show, though not as over-the-top as Muse, was excellent. The Radiohead show gave me chills throughout the entire show. Muse really didn't, but I had a fucking blast.

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Muse has gotten bigger in the states over the last two years, I that's great. I've been a fan since high school(2000). I found out about them because they opened for the chili peppers around that time. I was supposed to go see them(another one of my supposed to be 1st concerts) it didn't work out, but I found out about muse. I bring that up because at school I would tell my friends about them, and they would all just say that muse sucked. when in fact they never even bothered listening to them. Now a lot of the same friends are fans of Muse.

TommyboyUNM
09-11-2008, 04:34 PM
It's so funny how things work. In 04 people were questioning why people in the U.S don't really care for Muse. Now every Guitar Hero playing nerd on the planet thinks they are the shit. Blah.

That's funny. I have a friend who is really into Guitar Hero. One day he asked me "Have you ever heard of Muse? Knights of Cydonia is so hard to play." I said "Yeah, remember FOUR years ago when I invited you to see them at the Sunshine (a very small club) and you said 'no'?" Ugh.

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 04:35 PM
I think I've said this before. I'm a Muse fan, but Radiohead is just a better band. I think that's pretty clear. They are better musicians on stage and the sound was just freakishly crisp. And the light show, though not as over-the-top as Muse, was excellent. The Radiohead show gave me chills throughout the entire show. Muse really didn't, but I had a fucking blast.

yeah that is why I was specific about the LIVE part. Radiohead are better musicians, well I think Matt can compare to any one member of Radiohead because he is fucking amazing. I just thought Muse live was better, it was more epic, and every song from Muse sounds better live. some of the Radiohead tracks don't translate live.

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 04:35 PM
That's funny. I have a friend who is really into Guitar Hero. One day he asked me "Have you ever heard of Muse? Knights of Cydonia is so hard to play." I said "Yeah, remember FOUR years ago when I invited you to see them at the Sunshine (a very small club) and you said 'no'?" Ugh.

hahahahaha, we had the same experience then with Muse and our friends.

TommyboyUNM
09-11-2008, 04:40 PM
yeah that is why I was specific about the LIVE part. Radiohead are better musicians, well I think Matt can compare to any one member of Radiohead because he is fucking amazing. I just thought Muse live was better, it was more epic, and every song from Muse sounds better live. some of the Radiohead tracks don't translate live.

Yeah Matt is good, but I really think Thom has a better voice. I think people have been arguing about this for the past 10 years, haha. I think Muse are worthy headliners on Friday night. They would convert so many people, like Daft Punk did to me (and do to a lot of other people).

Sorry Salah, but a Muse show would probably be a bit more grand and epic than a White Stripes show.

thestripe
09-11-2008, 04:41 PM
hahahahaha, we had the same experience then with Muse and our friends.

Point proven. Knights of Cydonia sucks, as a matter of fact most of their songs are not very good. They have a couple good singles but other than that.....

I'm going to stop now.

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 04:44 PM
dude go back and listen to muse, they are fucking epic man. Stop playing around. they will headline next year with a new stage show, and new songs.

TommyboyUNM
09-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Point proven. Knights of Cydonia sucks, as a matter of fact most of their songs are not very good. They have a couple good singles but other than that.....

I'm going to stop now.

Muse is a classic example of a band that gets shit on because of all the hype, or hype about their live show in this case. If loud, fun and energetic music and lights raping you for the duration of the show doesn't sound like a good time then I feel sorry for you.

How many people do you know actually like Gogol Bordello on cd? Now how many of them who don't like them on record make it a point to see Gogol at any music fest they attend? That's what I equate it to.

boarderwoozel3
09-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Muse is a classic example of a band that gets shit on because of all the hype, or hype about their live show in this case. If loud, fun and energetic music and lights raping you for the duration of the show doesn't sound like a good time then I feel sorry for you.

How many people do you know actually like Gogol Bordello on cd? Now how many of them who don't like them on record make it a point to see Gogol at any music fest they attend? That's what I equate it to.

Gogol is the shit on record and in person!

TommyboyUNM
09-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Gogol is the shit on record and in person!

Ok, but wouldn't you say there are a great amount of people who don't necessarily like them on record, but have a fucking blast at their shows?

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Ok, but wouldn't you say there are a great amount of people who don't necessarily like them on record, but have a fucking blast at their shows?

truth.
When my brother, a friend and I went to vegoose I played Gogol in the car. I told them they would be the first band we saw that day. They got all pissed telling me that shit sucks, what the fuck, and blah blah blah. once we got there and they played they wouldn't shut up about how awesome it was. Now my brother has seen them 3 times with me(Vegoose, Coachella 08, and lolla). He went to coachella 08 on sunday for two reasons Gogol, and justice. That says something.

boarderwoozel3
09-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Yes, I totally agree with you UNM. There are a number of people who don't like their sound on record. If Muse are that much better live than on record I need to see them ASAP.

boarderwoozel3
09-11-2008, 04:59 PM
truth.
When my brother, a friend and I went to vegoose I played Gogol in the car. I told them they would be the first band we saw that day. They got all pissed telling me that shit sucks, what the fuck, and blah blah blah. once we got there and they played they wouldn't shut up about how awesome it was. Now my brother has seen them 3 times with me(Vegoose, Coachella 08, and lolla). He went to coachella 08 on sunday for two reasons Gogol, and justice. That says something.

Get your brother to a regular Gogol show. Its on a whole other level from their festival sets.

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 05:01 PM
yeah I know, I've never seen them in a club. I will though in Anaheim. I've been waiting a long time for this. 2 hour set time right? well on average.

boarderwoozel3
09-11-2008, 05:05 PM
yeah I know, I've never seen them in a club. I will though in Anaheim. I've been waiting a long time for this. 2 hour set time right? well on average.

Yeah. It's just fucking nuts, the whole thing. Every time it takes all the energy I have to make it trough the set.

Can't wait to see them again on the Seattle stop of the upcoming west coast swing.

ArcadeParade
09-11-2008, 05:14 PM
I've seen Muse twice, and would love if they were at '09.

Seen them in Portugal, '04. It was at a festival and it was such a great show, amazing. Then I saw them back in Canada later that year. 200 people showed up to a 1900 capacity venue..brutalness.

TickleMeElmo
09-11-2008, 05:41 PM
As much as I love Muse, I'll admit seeing them headline '09 would be kinda disappointing. Goldenvoice can do better than that. Even though I like Muse more, I'd way rather see The White Stripes headline over Muse. They're just more deserving of that spot than Muse. I say give Muse one more album or two THEN they can headline with no complaints. But they can subheadline next year no problem.

boarderwoozel3
09-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Shit, I'm all for Muse sub-headlining. Thats half a really good tandem on whichever day its on.

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 06:41 PM
yeah man, when I saw gogol a couple months ago, I was soo exhausted by the end of it, I was definitly not prepared. They're much better live than on cd, and I love gogol.

But fuck guys, we cant have three fucking euro bands playing coachella, coldplay, muse AND radiohead??

and yes, the white stripes are FUCKING intense, the memories of their Bonnaroo set still give me goosebumps.

rage patton
09-11-2008, 06:45 PM
No more Euro acts playing Coachella Salah? Well, I guess they don't need to invite Bowie now...

boarderwoozel3
09-11-2008, 06:46 PM
No more Euro acts playing Coachella Salah? Well, I guess they don't need to invite Bowie now...

hahaha

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Bowie is a given at MY coachella

Sbess, you like accents, there would be even more Euro folk than usual if Muse played.

this is very true. you know how to convince me!

boarderwoozel3
09-11-2008, 07:06 PM

Just play the percentages.

TommyboyUNM
09-11-2008, 08:00 PM

And don't forget. Ummm....if you've been reading this thread from the beginning of today you would know that Muse is very confirmed for Coachella '09. So just accept it Salah. :)

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-11-2008, 08:03 PM
I should have went to their Red Rocks show....fucking work.

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 08:04 PM
confirmed by someone's asshole. this thread makes me angry!!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-11-2008, 08:06 PM
I love this thread.

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 08:07 PM
yeah man, when I saw gogol a couple months ago, I was soo exhausted by the end of it, I was definitly not prepared. They're much better live than on cd, and I love gogol.

But fuck guys, we cant have three fucking euro bands playing coachella, coldplay, muse AND radiohead??

and yes, the white stripes are FUCKING intense, the memories of their Bonnaroo set still give me goosebumps.

was it the drugs? or the actual music?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-11-2008, 08:09 PM
see Salah? When you do drugs your taste is called into question.

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 08:11 PM
was it the drugs? or the actual music?

the music all the way. the drugs played a small part in it sure, but the shrooms didnt make the show, the show made the shrooms. if that makes sense. but there was a lot of emotion in it for me, finally seeing my favorite band, you know what I mean.

TommyboyUNM
09-11-2008, 09:37 PM
I should have went to their Red Rocks show....fucking work.

It was a great one Marco. The best show of my life up until 3 weeks ago (MMJ and Radiohead).

boarderwoozel3
09-11-2008, 09:54 PM
When was the Muse's last US tour? 2004?

TommyboyUNM
09-11-2008, 10:00 PM
When was the Muse's last US tour? 2004?

2007. I'm not entirely sure how big it was, but I know I saw them 3 times. They toured the U.S. in 2004 and that's when I first saw them....in a really small club. They also toured the U.S. in 2006 and I saw them in Phoenix.

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 10:02 PM
2007. Well 2006 into late 2007. I remember they played SOMA in the summer of 06.

TommyboyUNM
09-11-2008, 10:05 PM
2007. Well 2006 into late 2007. I remember they played SOMA in the summer of 06.

I think they took a break in early 2007. I could be wrong. I can't believe I've seen them 5 times in 5 different states. Haha. Probably doesn't sound crazy to some hardcore Radiohead fans, but it's something.

emtgreg
09-11-2008, 10:12 PM
i would see muse 5 times

but i would see radiohead everytime...

boarderwoozel3
09-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Damn, I'm going to have to check tour archives. Missed that one.

TommyboyUNM
09-11-2008, 10:15 PM
i would see muse 5 times

but i would see radiohead everytime...

Oh believe me....me too! Radiohead = best concert of my life.

aleydars
09-30-2008, 03:05 PM
I really want them to headline, it would be amazing.

Sushov23
09-30-2008, 03:12 PM
same here, same here.

robotrock1382
10-02-2008, 12:43 AM
they would be awesome.

JSam67
10-02-2008, 12:51 AM
I don't care if they're headlining or not, I'd love to see them in the desert next spring.

aychsands
10-09-2008, 04:47 PM
I would LOVE for Muse to headline. And even though My Morning Jacket was there last year, they are also amazing live.

On Jack Johnson: He headlined last year, and as much as I do enjoy his music, his performance was insanely underwhelming.

CalmerThanYou
10-09-2008, 05:50 PM
And even though My Morning Jacket was there last year, they are also amazing live.

On Jack Johnson: He headlined last year, and as much as I do enjoy his music, his performance was insanely underwhelming.

No fucking shit?

http://www.meldrum.co.uk/mhp/identzone/itn/images/tbs_itn_newsflash4.jpg

great first post. : /

Amneeziac
10-09-2008, 06:10 PM
MUSE is 10000000000000 times better than jack johnson and you know it, youre trying just to be so cool indie shit or a radiohead hardcore fan that thinks that everything that is not radiohead sucks

Muse takes Radiohead's rock strengths and commercializes them, just like Coldplay takes Radiohead's piano / soft rock strengths and commercializes them.

That being said, I guarantee you no Radiohead fan thinks everything that isn't Radiohead sucks. That's just ignorant. Thom Yorke has a solo album.

boarderwoozel3
10-09-2008, 06:49 PM
haha

microcuts
10-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Muse owes more to Queen or Rage Against the Machine than they do Radiohead... other than the falsetto vocals, there's nothing about Muse that even sounds remotely similar to Radiohead.

sbessiso
10-09-2008, 07:46 PM
EFF MUSE

TommyboyUNM
10-09-2008, 08:26 PM
EFF MUSE

You know who else is good. Arcade Fire.

sbessiso
10-09-2008, 08:34 PM
my

balls

eNVyartist
10-15-2008, 12:18 AM
I remember people saying muse is not headliner material and now what?? haha we have jack johnson!!! :nono

hate to say i told you so... alright!!!!

I second that..
MUSE!!!!

TOLD YA SO....I've got my list for 09 already too...I'm betting an early bet.... not for headlining but maybe sahara or gobi Ne-yo with Deadmau5 "returning", and Cascade/Kaskada, ne-yo (however a risky hip-hop bet
) I have my ears to the rail, and there is so much on my satellite radio right now, I've been neglecting my ipod...Ida Corr a guessed bet too. I'm also hoping for Simon

thedevious
10-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Fuck those talentless, sound like a million other common mutherfuckers, cunts

Fixed

aleydars
10-23-2008, 08:11 PM
I second that..
MUSE!!!!

YES PLEASE!!

amyzzz
10-24-2008, 02:54 AM
I support this, although I really wish their songs were more meaningful lyrics-wise. The lyrics seem so vague and empty somehow, although I agree that Matt is one extremely talented individual and I would have a great time at their show.

Boourns
10-24-2008, 03:28 AM
Yeah, their lyrics aren't that good. Not as bad as Interpol, but yeah.

10-28-2008, 12:46 AM
gawd muse would be epic. i've somehow failed to see them or TMV live

faxman75
11-12-2008, 08:42 AM
So, I was Muse ignorant until I started reading threads on this board. At this point I would totally be happy with Muse headlining. I downloaded the catalog and some live shows over the weekend and can't stop listening. Amazing. Love it. :) Muse, Outkast, Bowie might be my 3 headliners.

sbessiso
11-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Faxman! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Don't join the darkside!!!!!!!!!

EFF MUSE
EFF MUSE
EFFFFF MUUUUUUSSSSEEEE

HEADSTRUCK
11-12-2008, 10:28 AM
muse would be a great headliner