PDA

View Full Version : Poster Changes

Pages : [1] 2 3

luckyface
01-22-2008, 10:07 PM
I figured that one thread tracking changes in the poster might be beneficial.

I just took a look at the poster that was posted by Goldenvoice's Myspace page earlier today and noticed a slight difference from the one posted on Coachella's main page. Animal Collective is now listed as a Saturday performer.

Anyone have any idea which is the most up-to-date version?

EDIT: Check out this page (http://www.creativesparksproductions.com/Media/coach08.html) for updates on any lineup movements. Thank you to M Sparks for taking care of this.

gmoneyak
01-22-2008, 10:11 PM
This thread is a good idea, i have the feeling that this year's poster is going to be changing weekly..

rkawar
01-22-2008, 10:12 PM
This thread is a good idea, i have the feeling that this year's poster is going to be changing weekly..
seconded

matsuolost
01-22-2008, 10:13 PM
excellent idea

now which one is the updated one

tripcalifornia

This thread is a FANTASTIC idea! I just hope the usual culprits don't turn it into an adolecent bash party

smoke
pf said a new version would be released soon. it will be more readable, with some spelling corrections.

psychic friend
01-22-2008, 10:23 PM
going to update it soon. lots of typos but waiting to get most of them done or else i would be posting one every other email. lol. hang tight

luckyface
01-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the update PF. Keep up the good work. I know it must be a tough time for you right now, so hang in there!

Coffeewhiskey
01-22-2008, 10:26 PM
yeah they misspelled holy fuck.

paulb
01-22-2008, 10:42 PM
who did they misspell? any new additions on this new poster?

There looks like enough room to add 2 big bands to Friday, next to Raconteurs... same with the Portishead and Kraftwerk lines...and some smaller bands on Friday...

microcuts
01-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Dimitri From Paris, from shouldn't be capitalized... um Institubes djs.. should be DJs? or something... dan le sac is probably intentional. Holy F*ck is just censored obviously and probably won't actually say Fuck. Raconteurs should have a "the" before it unless they've dropped it themselves for the new album. I don't see anything else. They already fixed Santogold (was originally two words).

Also, Jack Johnson is a typo and should be spelled Muse.

psychic friend
01-22-2008, 10:47 PM
lucky i am should be luckyiam

the needs to be added and subtracted from some bands

stuff like that

Sushov23
01-22-2008, 10:50 PM
PF did RILO KILEY really cancel? Please tell me its not true

xxxxxxxxxx
01-22-2008, 10:50 PM
it says Boyz Noise on the poster. should be BOYS NOIZE

paulb
01-22-2008, 10:52 PM
true dat! I didnt even notice they misspelt the Z....weird. Is Sasha and Digweed fine? or is it Sasha and John Digweed?

paulb
01-22-2008, 10:54 PM
oh, could we also add a The Prodigy?

psychic friend
01-22-2008, 10:56 PM
PF did RILO KILEY really cancel? Please tell me its not true

i have no idea what you are talking about

psychic friend
01-22-2008, 10:56 PM
true dat! I didnt even notice they misspelt the Z....weird. Is Sasha and Digweed fine? or is it Sasha and John Digweed?

Sasha and John Digweed - yet another change in my mix

Sushov23
01-22-2008, 10:57 PM
OK, will you guys add MUSE to the poster for Friday? You know where Jack Jackoff is in big bold letters?

darrocknroll
01-22-2008, 11:16 PM

I agree! fix that!

hypervera
01-22-2008, 11:17 PM
I agree! fix that!

yeah Muse to save friday!!!!!

gratytrainridesagain
01-22-2008, 11:21 PM
I never thought I'd say this but Muse should be a headliner.

Cpt. Funkaho
01-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Okay, enough with all the Jack Johnson-bashing/suggestions of alternate headliners. I agree totally with the sentiment of wanting a better headliner, but this is the thread to track poster changes and it would be nice if it didn't devolve to the state of the hundred other threads about how Jack Johnson sucks.

cloud9
01-22-2008, 11:29 PM
realy hopped thiey didnt change animals colvetive to saturday

darrocknroll
01-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Okay, enough with all the Jack Johnson-bashing/suggestions of alternate headliners. I agree totally with the sentiment of wanting a better headliner, but this is the thread to track poster changes and it would be nice if it didn't devolve to the state of the hundred other threads about how Jack Johnson sucks.

sorry y'all :(

darrocknroll
01-22-2008, 11:31 PM
realy hopped thiey didnt change animals colvetive to saturday

I actually hope they did because until know the only day I'm planning on going is Saturday. :)

hypervera
01-22-2008, 11:32 PM

hate to say i told you so... alright!!!!

Muse fucking rules!!

cloud9
01-22-2008, 11:32 PM
gvuessed it is good for u then hehe

ttboy80
01-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Thank you for this thread. I would like to keep it near the top :)

MrSheen
01-23-2008, 12:00 AM
yeah, i reckong this should be a sticky thread! the poster's hard enough to read anyway, let alone scan it for changes every day! Hooray for this thread!

crazzz2007
01-23-2008, 12:02 AM
who the hell designed the poster anyways? it's really ugly. it's my least favorite one of all. it looks like a cheap painting you could buy for $25.

coldstart
01-23-2008, 12:12 AM

They always go by Sasha and Digweed when they play together. Sasha and John Digweed just sounds clunky.

ghettojournalist
01-23-2008, 01:55 AM
i thought of this thread as soon as the poster came up. Good Job!
people, stop saying bands need to be added to Friday and Saturday when Sunday had the least number of acts: 7 behind Fri. and 11 behind Sat., initial poster.

wakeupyounger
01-23-2008, 07:04 AM
What happened to Louis XIV?

luckyface
01-23-2008, 08:20 AM
When did Digweed start demanding that "John Digweed" be used in their name?

And here's hoping Louis XIV got dropped.

Daft Fro
01-23-2008, 08:53 AM
I suppose... you could modify Sebastian > SebastiAn

..but honestly, just leave it. Because then most people will think that GV hit cap lock on accident, and not realize its just something stupid.

If you know whether or not 9th Wonder is spinning again with Murs, might wanna add him on there if so.

And don't add on John, S&D for sure.

RedThom
01-23-2008, 09:05 AM
a day or so late but yeah agreed this is an excellent thread

how are you veterans feeling about the line up?

I'm loving it.

instinct
01-24-2008, 09:21 AM

Yeah.. I agree with the other people not to add John... just keep Sasha and Digweed, unless of course John is demanding his first name be on there.

MrSheen
01-24-2008, 10:24 AM
what, still no new additions!!???

:)

Tylerdurden31
01-24-2008, 10:44 AM
And here's hoping Louis XIV got dropped.

when the hell was Louis XIV in there? I really can't stand them, but i'm curious

rage patton
01-24-2008, 10:55 AM
So wait... is Animal Collective now playing Saturday?

I hope so. That way they could bump down Hit Chip off the third line and put Animal Collective in thier place.

Ardentbiscuit
01-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Just put the new changes in red until the next changes like Lollapalooza does..

luckyface
01-24-2008, 11:08 AM

I hope so. That way they could bump down Hit Chip off the third line and put Animal Collective in thier place.

It is still unknown, although the Microcommunity lists AC as Saturday. Then again, the MC has !!! listed as a Sunday artist for 2007.

nahuatldream
01-24-2008, 11:15 AM
You mispelled "Roger Waters". It should read "Pink Floyd". But seriously, best of luck PF and Goldenvoice.

Cdubby
01-24-2008, 12:47 PM
new poster is up

suprefan
01-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Actually Jack Johnson shoudl be readin No Doubt, but I guess they missed that. Maybe it gets fixed in a month.

paulb
01-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Actually Jack Johnson shoudl be readin No Doubt, but I guess they missed that. Maybe it gets fixed in a month.

at this time in life, Ill be lookin forward to seeing No Doubt on the Friday lineup, make JJ a little easier to grasp as a headliner.

ArcadeParade
01-24-2008, 01:49 PM

Nope, Hot Chip above Animal Collective.

amyzzz
01-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Muse would be a better headliner than JJ for sure. I support this.

psychic friend
01-24-2008, 03:00 PM
We don't just decide to change names, we are told to.

coughjohndigweedcough

dummies

ghettojournalist
01-24-2008, 03:14 PM
so act count reads as follows:

Friday- 43
Saturday- 48
Sunday- 34

Mr.Wyndham
01-24-2008, 03:17 PM
sunday needs to catch up.

ghettojournalist
01-24-2008, 03:37 PM
yeah, it's looking pretty anemic right now.

M Sparks
01-25-2008, 03:39 AM
Bump...can we move this to the Line Up Thread and sticky it? There were three threads started yesterday about the poster changing. Suprefan fan is starting to get out of breath from insulting them all.

MarkO
01-25-2008, 04:00 AM
We don't just decide to change names, we are told to.

I'm telling you then to change the top of Friday's poster from Jack Johnson to The Chemical Brothers.

Thanks.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-25-2008, 04:13 AM
I'm telling you then to change the top of Friday's poster from Jack Johnson to The Chemical Brothers.

Thanks.

I Approve this message.

luckyface
01-25-2008, 08:27 AM
If they add a huge act for Friday, I wonder if it will be the first time GV uses two names at the top of the list, sort of a double headliner in order to calm those who are flipping out about Jack being a headliner. That way, they can also claim JJ is still a headliner and it would not disappoint his camp.

I would imagine any additions will have to be added to Sunday. It is serious lacking in terms of number of artists.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-25-2008, 08:30 AM
If they add a huge act for Friday, I wonder if it will be the first time GV uses two names at the top of the list, sort of a double headliner in order to calm those who are flipping out about Jack being a headliner. That way, they can also claim JJ is still a headliner and it would not disappoint his camp.

I would imagine any additions will have to be added to Sunday. It is serious lacking in terms of number of artists.

I can see this happening...it would be the 1st since 1999 for a day to have 2 headliners...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-25-2008, 08:32 AM

actually it is another alias of Richard D James

rage patton
01-25-2008, 08:33 AM

In 1999 Tool and Rage Against The Machine co-headlined. They were both at the top of the poster. With that being said, I know what you mean. If they put "The Chemical Brothers" right besides Jack Jacksons name, I would be rediculously happy.
Remember how Friday was lacking in bands last year? And people kept on saying "If there are any additions, they will HAVE to be made to Friday."? Well, as know, it didnt exactly happen that way.
I am kinda surprised Man Man and Les Savy Fav got moved though. They were two of the best lower billed acts on Sunday. Oh well, at least I still have I'm From Barcelona

Nope, Hot Chip above Animal Collective.

Lame.

BeeII
01-25-2008, 09:25 AM
You misspelled Jack Johnson, its spelled R-A-D-I-O-H-E-A-D

betao
01-25-2008, 09:32 AM
I fear that if they do add a big EDM name (underworld, the chems, prodigy) to friday, they may conflict with fatboy slim.

but thas a nightmare that i hope I dont have to worry about.

Tylerdurden31
01-25-2008, 09:40 AM
I fear that if they do add a big EDM name (underworld, the chems, prodigy) to friday, they may conflict with fatboy slim.

but thas a nightmare that i hope I dont have to worry about.

why would they add another big EDM name to friday? Fatboy Slim is pretty big, I'd say. Plus Prodigy said it's not happening this year

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
01-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Am I the only one that can't seem to locate the updated version of the poster?!

R3d Snapper
01-25-2008, 01:01 PM
try clearing your cache, or looking harder

Cpt. Funkaho
01-25-2008, 02:12 PM
why would they add another big EDM name to friday? Fatboy Slim is pretty big, I'd say. Plus Prodigy said it's not happening this year

I agree that it wouldn't be Friday- more likely Sunday, since the "biggest" name that day is Justice and there are fewer bands overall.

Was it Prodigy themselves that said it wasn't happening? I remember it being the label, and I remember them using kind of fudgy language. Maybe this is just me wanting really badly for Prodigy to play. Does anyone have the verbatim text of the denial?

You misspelled Jack Johnson, its spelled R-A-D-I-O-H-E-A-D

This joke was old after the first six times. Cease and desist.

suprefan
01-25-2008, 02:20 PM

Long time no see, so which days you going?

luckyface
01-25-2008, 02:29 PM

Here is the most up-to-date poster.

http://www.coachella.com/images/mainPoster.jpg

BeeII
01-25-2008, 02:30 PM
This joke was old after the first six times. Cease and desist.

Watch yourself you little punk bitch queer beta male. Do you fucking know who you're talking to right now? God damn I bet you're some fucking skinny ass ****** who's never touched a boob in his life. You come say that sort of shit to me and I'll fuck you up three times before you hit the mother fucking ground. Don't fucking blink bitch, I'll tear your vocal cords straight out of your gaping vagina of a throat once I punch a fucking hole the size of Chine through you with my bare hands before I shove that bloody mass straight up your eurethra and clog your sperm so far back up that you'll be seeing tadpoles the rest of your life.

leo01g
01-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Watch yourself you little punk bitch queer beta male. Do you fucking know who you're talking to right now? God damn I bet you're some fucking skinny ass ****** who's never touched a boob in his life. You come say that sort of shit to me and I'll fuck you up three times before you hit the mother fucking ground. Don't fucking blink bitch, I'll tear your vocal cords straight out of your gaping vagina of a throat once I punch a fucking hole the size of Chine through you with my bare hands before I shove that bloody mass straight up your eurethra and clog your sperm so far back up that you'll be seeing tadpoles the rest of your life.

blah blah blah. I like how people think they are so tough

Cpt. Funkaho
01-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Watch yourself you little punk bitch blah blah blah

That joke wasn't even funny the first time.

wakeupyounger
01-25-2008, 02:43 PM

LOL

mvanwinkle
01-25-2008, 02:46 PM

Damn dude chill the hell out.
dont worry capt. even though you dont need it i got your back

captncrzy
01-25-2008, 03:14 PM

Hey, someone has a small penis!

Ban.

suprefan
01-25-2008, 03:15 PM
So now we need to see the updated poster with Kate Nash on it.

coldstart
01-25-2008, 03:32 PM

Hahah, wow. It's funny when people get pissed over the internet and think they are making someone feel threatened when they aren't.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-25-2008, 03:35 PM

someone has something to prove....

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-25-2008, 03:37 PM

Do you by any chance like Rage Against the Machine?

MantisMel
01-25-2008, 03:48 PM

HAHAH... Your post aptly depicts your shameful existence as a human being...

frozen pilgrim
01-25-2008, 04:02 PM
hey bee- watch your fuckin mouth around here, or we'll hog-tie you to the mainstage railing for jack johnson.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
01-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Long time no see, so which days you going?

Hey, yeah it's been a while, but you know me I'm still lurking around. :)

I've yet to actually decide whether I am going or not this year. I mean there is a lot on the line up that interests me, but as 2007 for me was very monetarily draining, I'm not sure that I can spare the cash. But the more time I spent round here, the more I keep thinking about how much fun I had last year and how badly I want to go. I'm gonna file my taxes next week sometime and hopefully I'll come out on the positive and if that's the case then I think I'll be able to make it work at least for Friday and Saturday which are the strongest days IMHO. The same people I went with last year are going this year too and they've already promised me a place in their hotel room if I want it, so it's really looking more likely than not. Haha, we'll see.

Which day did Kate Nash get added on?

shakermaker113
01-25-2008, 04:40 PM
we're about to get another change. I'll quote my post in the spiritualized thread...

from their official website (http://www.spiritualized.com/prescriptions/story.php?id=75&PHPSESSID=bbb5bfdbf1449b022785f2b782a5b3a0):

25.01.08 | April Acoustic Mainlines USA

There will be two additional Acoustic Mainline dates prior to the show at Coachella on April 26th (change of day to that advertised).

April 23rd Santa Barbara - Lobero Theatre <www.loberotheatre.com>

April 25th San Diego -4th & B <www.4thandb.com>

Electric Mainlines tour will begin in May.

also, when they get moved on the poster, I want to see the ® by their name.

rage patton
01-26-2008, 12:25 AM
So wait... spiritualized are getting moved too?

Sunday is going to have NO ONE left on it. So far Man Man, Les Savy Fav and Spiritualized have all been moved FROM Sunday... which already had the least amount of acts in the first place. Hmmm.

Also, I hope this will FINALLY knock Hot Chip and/or M.I.A. off of the third line. Ugh.

breakjaw
01-26-2008, 12:32 AM
I could live with seeing Spiritualized,Kraftwerk and Portishead all in a row,however it works out.Damn!

rage patton
01-26-2008, 12:42 AM
Im betting it would go Spiritualized-->Death Cab-->Portishead-->Kraftwerk

Which would be perfect. I can watch spiritualized, leave, eat, go to the bathroom, etc during Death Cab... and get back with enough time to get a good spot for Portishead, and I will try to get an even closer spot for Kraftwerk.

gmoneyak
01-26-2008, 12:55 AM
So wait... spiritualized are getting moved too?

Sunday is going to have NO ONE left on it. So far Man Man, Les Savy Fav and Spiritualized have all been moved FROM Sunday... which already had the least amount of acts in the first place. Hmmm.

Also, I hope this will FINALLY knock Hot Chip and/or M.I.A. off of the third line. Ugh.

This just means Sunday will be the most watched day for new additions, I'm down w/that..

Amneeziac
01-26-2008, 01:47 AM
All of the acts that have been moved away from Sunday leads me to believe that there's something going on Sunday that's big and definitely hasn't been announced.

My guess is that Roger Waters is going to end up being a full-on Pink Floyd reunion. I assume they'll also add one more strong act that fits in the first three lines (PJ Harvey or Goldfrapp being my top two guesses).

dorkfish
01-26-2008, 01:59 AM
I've said this many times. Pink Floyd reunited once to help raise money for AIDS and famine by playing a few songs... They're not going to reunite to please a bunch of rich Americans in California. It's beyond ludicrous to think there's even a chance of having hope for that to occur.

coldstart
01-26-2008, 02:35 AM
Maybe they were moved away from Sunday because everyone complained of Friday being weak with Jack Johnson.

grantgti1039
01-26-2008, 10:40 PM

Not gonna happen. Why does it even matter if Hot Chip and MIA are in the third line. They both BELONG there. (And no, I'm not a fan of MIA, but Hot Chip is the sex.)

grantgti1039
01-26-2008, 10:45 PM
I've said this many times. Pink Floyd reunited once to help raise money for AIDS and famine by playing a few songs... They're not going to reunite to please a bunch of rich Americans in California. It's beyond ludicrous to think there's even a chance of having hope for that to occur.

I've heard rumors from reliable sources (I work in the radio industry) that Floyd was offered a ridiculous sum of money to reunite and they wouldn't do it.

I'm hoping they're still in talks with Led Zeppelin to play. That would be INSANE. Robert Plant finishes his tour with Alisson Krauss on the 26th, so Led Zeppelin could, conceivably, play on Sunday.

Fingers crossed.

el chango
01-26-2008, 10:48 PM
and now the poster doesn't even mention the days, just a list of all the acts. Something is going on...

luckyface
01-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Wow, this is all very odd. Seems very hectic around here.

grantgti1039
01-27-2008, 10:17 AM
and now the poster doesn't even mention the days, just a list of all the acts. Something is going on...

As posted previously, you can see the most up-to-date poster here:

http://www.coachella.com/event/Lineup%20by%20day

bballarl
01-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Maybe Coachella 08 is a hoax.

bballarl
01-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Like, the most elaborate internet scam ever.

shakermaker113
01-28-2008, 08:11 AM
As posted previously, you can see the most up-to-date poster here:

http://www.coachella.com/event/Lineup%20by%20day

that's not totally up to date. we at least know that spiritualized has been moved.

M Sparks
01-28-2008, 09:06 AM
that's not totally up to date. we at least know that spiritualized has been moved.

How do you know if it hasn't been put on the poster? Forgive me, I haven't been following the Spiritualized situation. But I don't consider anything to be known until it appear here.

Madness is off, Kate is on...it was just updated over the weekend..

Daft Fro
01-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Lol, ironically enough, this is Madness (or lack there of =\)

But yea, if GV is going to juggle around the upper tiers for the days, what about the single day tix people already bought?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/slickx01/2008_1.jpg

microcuts
01-28-2008, 09:25 AM
I do believe the line-up has always been subject to change and buy tickets at your own risk.

Daft Fro
01-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Ah, this is true.

grantgti1039
01-28-2008, 10:06 AM

Right, but this is the MOST up-to-date...

RedThom
01-28-2008, 10:12 AM
really I am thinking of just buying my tickets now incase they announce some more of the acts that will get a draw.

jonnypark
01-28-2008, 10:26 AM
really I am thinking of just buying my tickets now incase they announce some more of the acts that will get a draw.

and if they don't?

M Sparks
01-28-2008, 10:42 AM
How do you know if it hasn't been put on the poster? Forgive me, I haven't been following the Spiritualized situation. But I don't consider anything to be known until it appear here.

Sorry Shaker...I just found the post with your source. I thought it was just in the random rumor category.

Still, until they update the lineup HERE, it's not official. Especially since they don't claim to be playing somewhere ELSE on Sunday.

PrettyRagdoll
01-28-2008, 12:33 PM
I love how Uffie is just last on the poster

rage patton
01-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Madness is off, Kate is on...it was just updated over the weekend..

:(.

microcuts
01-28-2008, 01:38 PM
I've heard rumors from reliable sources (I work in the radio industry) that Floyd was offered a ridiculous sum of money to reunite and they wouldn't do it.

I'm hoping they're still in talks with Led Zeppelin to play. That would be INSANE. Robert Plant finishes his tour with Alisson Krauss on the 26th, so Led Zeppelin could, conceivably, play on Sunday.

Fingers crossed.

New Billboard interview with Jimmy Page (http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003702751) today squashes all hopes of any kind of Led Zeppelin performances until at least September 2008.

Doors2time
01-28-2008, 01:42 PM
mirco your a liar

grantgti1039
01-28-2008, 05:02 PM
New Billboard interview with Jimmy Page (http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003702751) today squashes all hopes of any kind of Led Zeppelin performances until at least September 2008.

Lame. :(

But at least he didn't close the door on them EVER doing a proper tour. Just not till September. I can live with that.

joshc
02-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Holy F*ck should be spelled Holy Fuck.

BlueDevil50
02-04-2008, 04:20 PM
anyone notice that kraftwerk is now on the same line as portishead for saturday? go look at the day by day lineup

ThomThom
02-04-2008, 04:28 PM
anyone notice that kraftwerk is now on the same line as portishead for saturday? go look at the day by day lineup

Yep, and Cafe Tacuba has been bumped to second line status with Death Cab...weird

kreutz2112
02-04-2008, 04:37 PM
hopefully portishead and kraftwerk will be moved to second line status and underworld will take the headlining spot.

ThomThom
02-04-2008, 04:39 PM
If anything Underworld should be the Sahara headliner on Sunday...How the fuck they think Justice can headline the Sahara on Sunday is beyond me.

kreutz2112
02-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Agreed. Supposedly Justice is going to have a new set and lightshow/effects. I still think they suck though. However, if Underworld conflicted with Roger Waters I would explode. So I am glad Justice may be playing during Waters.

scoop49er
02-04-2008, 04:59 PM
definetely some changes have been made! very interesting. saturday is so packed! 49 bands! friday at 42 could get a couple more but i think sunday with it being at 34 is gonna get the additions to complete the weekend... we shall see. i think kraftwerk is really gonna goall out with their light show. im assuming portishead will go on at the 830 slot and kraftwerk will close out sat.

kreutz2112
02-04-2008, 05:02 PM
yes kraftwerk is closing saturday.

rage patton
02-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Weird. Cafe Tacuba is definately billed to high.

I wonder if anyone is going to ask "Who is Portishead Kraftwerk?"

Agreed. Supposedly Justice is going to have a new set and lightshow/effects. I still think they suck though. However, if Underworld conflicted with Roger Waters I would explode. So I am glad Justice may be playing during Waters.

I am betting Justice are going to conflict with Love & Rockets. Danny Tenaglia will probably close the Sahara.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Yep, and Cafe Tacuba has been bumped to second line status with Death Cab...weird

not that I am complaining but WTF is going on!!!

scoop49er
02-04-2008, 05:32 PM
if they do any additions, it will be at the earliest, next week. they will give bonnaroo the floor this week to do their announcements.

kreutz2112
02-04-2008, 05:34 PM
fuck that. take the flame away from bonnaroo by announcing a shit load of additions.

rage patton
02-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Thats what I am thinking! Wouldn't that be great if they like added a whole bunch of big acts right now, like Underworld or MBV, and stole the spotlight from Bonnaroo?

Seriously... they cannot add anymore acts to Saturday though. It is WAY to packed. But having Cafe Tacuba that high... just doesn't make any sense.

suprefan
02-04-2008, 07:43 PM
But having Cafe Tacuba that high... just doesn't make any sense.

Yeah it does, do you know how big of a draw they are? They deserve their billing for sure. This is their 3rd Coachella so why not give them what they deserve?

Weird. Cafe Tacuba is definately billed to high.

No they are not, My Mornign Jacket is the band thats billed too high if you want to have an argument. JJ wins by default, but we cant do anythign about it.

fasttrack
02-04-2008, 07:52 PM
if the bonnaroo line-up is supposed to come out next week, it would make sense for coachella to announce any major additions this week.

it could be the boost they need to sell those 3 day passes.

ThomThom
02-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Yeah it does, do you know how big of a draw they are? They deserve their billing for sure. This is their 3rd Coachella so why not give them what they deserve?

No they are not, My Mornign Jacket is the band thats billed too high if you want to have an argument. JJ wins by default, but we cant do anythign about it.

Cafe Tacuba billed as a sub-headliner on the second line? Being billed under my balls would be more suitable for them.

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-04-2008, 08:14 PM
if the bonnaroo line-up is supposed to come out next week, it would make sense for coachella to announce any major additions this week.

it could be the boost they need to sell those 3 day passes.

Isnt the Bonnaroo line up announced this week? I thought I read someone saying on wednesday.

fasttrack
02-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Isnt the Bonnaroo line up announced this week? I thought I read someone saying on wednesday.

i could be wrong. i don't know much about bonnaroo.

ThomThom
02-04-2008, 08:19 PM
I believe a local radio station is stating that they will have the lineup on Wednesday Feb 6th

microlovebeat
02-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Cafe Tacuba billed as a sub-headliner on the second line? Being billed under my balls would be more suitable for them.

THANK YOU. i've yet to understand the big deal about this band.

rage patton
02-04-2008, 08:27 PM
I like Cafe Tacuba... they sound fun. If they don't conflict with anyone, I will see them. However, I think Sasha & Digweed are more suitable for a second-tier act.

Cpt. Funkaho
02-04-2008, 08:29 PM

Based on what he said in the press conference, Paul Tollett sounds like he expects them to be a big selling point for Mexicans & Hispanic folks in Cali. That's why they're higher than would otherwise make sense, I wager... especially since they're far and away the biggest Hispanic act on the bill. No Manu Chao this year...

microlovebeat
02-04-2008, 08:32 PM
none of you guys think they're going to add a headliner on saturday????

it would make perfect sense to knock down portishead and kraftwerk to sub-headliners.

why else would they put portishead and kraftwerk on the same line?

ThomThom
02-04-2008, 08:35 PM
none of you guys think they're going to add a headliner on saturday????

it would make perfect sense to knock down portishead and kraftwerk to sub-headliners.

why else would they put portishead and kraftwerk on the same line?

Portishead and Kraftwerk are enough for Saturday, Friday and Sunday could use a nice top tier act, particularly in the Sahara. Saturday, to me, is fucking brilliant.

Cpt. Funkaho
02-04-2008, 08:37 PM

You cannot possibly be serious. You must just be saying that to stir up shit.

I'm not biting.

microlovebeat
02-04-2008, 08:40 PM
You cannot possibly be serious. You must just be saying that to stir up shit.

I'm not biting.

no i'm saying in terms of why they put those two on the same line.....not talent-wise. i'm super excited to see both of those acts.....

i'm not stirring shit up. i'm just wondering why they're now double billed.

ThomThom
02-04-2008, 08:42 PM
no i'm saying in terms of why they put those two on the same line.....not talent-wise. i'm super excited to see both of those acts.....

i'm not stirring shit up. i'm just wondering why they're now double billed.

Yeah, it's the most interesting move they have made so far.

luckyface
02-04-2008, 08:45 PM
While I most certainly think Cafe Tacuba is billed way too high, I think their positioning is right on par with Manu Chao being listed as the #2 act on Sunday last year. That to me was a bigger joke.

orbit
02-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah, it's the most interesting move they have made so far.

And I'm afraid it could be the worst. Adding a big act on saturday would be disastrous.

microlovebeat
02-04-2008, 08:47 PM
And I'm afraid it could be the worst. Adding a big act on saturday would be disastrous.

why???

unless the act is horrible, then i don't see why it would be bad.

more conflicts or something?

orbit
02-04-2008, 08:48 PM
While I most certainly think Cafe Tacuba is billed way too high, I think their positioning is right on par with Manu Chao being listed as the #2 act on Sunday last year. That to me was a bigger joke.

Manu Chao is much bigger than Cafe Tacuba. I think Manu Chao had well deseved that spot.

orbit
02-04-2008, 08:49 PM
why???

unless the act is horrible, then i don't see why it would bad.

more conflicts or something?

Yeah, what do you think would happen if Underworld is added on saturday?

Portishead/Kraftwerk vs Underworld?

microlovebeat
02-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah, what do you think would happen if Underworld is added on saturday?

Portishead/Kraftwerk vs Underworld?

for me, portishead no question.

orbit
02-04-2008, 08:52 PM
For perhaps 59,000 other people, one of the worst conflicts in the whole history of US festivals. Probably worse than ACL's White Stripes vs Arcade Fire.

Cpt. Funkaho
02-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Jesus that conflict would be horrible.

Thankfully, their audiences overlap so much as to make it blindingly obvious, so it could pretty much never happen.

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Yeah, manu chao is bigger than Cafe Tacuba, but Manu Chao is not a latin act. He's French. And Cafe Tacuba are big in Latin America. Add that to their 3rd appearence at Coach, and that might justify their billing. Still.... couldn't care less where they are billed.

I personally feel Fatboy Slim has been billed low. Hell, Cafe Tacuba and Justice are billed above him. WTF? I like both cafe and justice but he deserves better..... and PLEASE PF, change the name on the poster to Fatboy Slim, not Fat Boy Slim

betao
02-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Update :

check out the poster under the Line Up by Day - it has both Portishead and Kraftwerk headlining saturday night.

weird.

rage patton
02-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Saturday cannot hold any more big acts.

I want either Underworld or Chemical Brothers to be added to Friday.

Fatboy --> Underworld or The Chemical Brothers in the Sahara would be AMAZING.

EDIT: Or even better would be The Prodigy. The PERFECT act to conflict with Jack Johnson.

microlovebeat
02-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Saturday cannot hold any more big acts.

I want either Underworld or Chemical Brothers to be added to Friday.

Fatboy --> Underworld or The Chemical Brothers in the Sahara would be AMAZING.

EDIT: Or even better would be The Prodigy. The PERFECT act to conflict with Jack Johnson.

you know has much as i don't like the prodigy, they could very well be the trick up their sleeve.

back when cooking vinyl announced they were playing and then immediately retracted it...maybe that was GV's surprise or something and they didn't want it out.

rage patton
02-04-2008, 09:21 PM
If the Prodigy were added... I would go apeshit. I don't use that term often... but my excitement would be hard to contain. It would be ALMOST as intense as when I saw Madness were on the line up this year.

Almost.

paulb
02-04-2008, 09:46 PM
If the Prodigy were added... I would go apeshit. I don't use that term often... but my excitement would be hard to contain. It would be ALMOST as intense as when I saw Madness were on the line up this year.

Almost.

I agree.... if they are added I will eat this post....thats how you say it, right Josh?

paulb
02-04-2008, 09:48 PM
you know has much as i don't like the prodigy, they could very well be the trick up their sleeve.

back when cooking vinyl announced they were playing and then immediately retracted it...maybe that was GV's surprise or something and they didn't want it out.

oh god, i hope so... Any additions would be appreciated at this point.

betao
02-04-2008, 10:06 PM
I am in the same boat as you guys.

I am a die hard prodigy fan, have been for the past 5 years - I used to follow the likes of this band religioiusly, had every track and remix they had made.

If they added, forget this post - I will devour this entire thread.

paulb
02-04-2008, 10:10 PM
I am in the same boat as you guys.

I am a die hard prodigy fan, have been for the past 5 years - I used to follow the likes of this band religioiusly, had every track and remix they had made.

If they added, forget this post - I will devour this entire thread.

I was one second away from buying tickets to Rock Im Park since they were added... but after lookin at the budget, no way i could drop 3G for a weekend in Germany with the girlfriend....so I vowed, 1st north american Prodigy date, im there! No matter what!

betao
02-04-2008, 10:11 PM
oh man, I caught their last tour in 06, in DC.

They played Break and Enter at the start of their set. It was unbelieveable. The entire crowd was drenched in sweat after 5 mins.

damon8
02-04-2008, 10:13 PM
hmmm..prodigy perhaps, but the california radio stations that leaked that coachella was gonna announce some additions this week and update the poster said they were adiing rock acts.....

betao
02-04-2008, 10:14 PM
a HAH - here is what it was like. Amazing.

Hl948MgUJqA

best opener ever.

paulb
02-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Have you seen their dvd? so EPIC... amazing performance at Brixton Academy 97... opening up with Smack My Bitch Up...

Cpt. Funkaho
02-04-2008, 10:22 PM
a HAH - here is what it was like. Amazing.

Jesus Christ, the things I would give to see that show.

betao
02-04-2008, 10:22 PM
nah i've yet to get it, havent been able to find it. But i used to have about 20 gigs of theirs recorded, from the 90s and from 2004-2007. Opening up with SMBU is pretty sick - but I think it makes for a better closer.

There is nothing more magical than yelling "smack my bitch up" at the top of your lungs with 2,000 other people.

paulb
02-04-2008, 10:24 PM
nah i've yet to get it, havent been able to find it. But i used to have about 20 gigs of theirs recorded, from the 90s and from 2004-2007. Opening up with SMBU is pretty sick - but I think it makes for a better closer.

There is nothing more magical than yelling "smack my bitch up" at the top of your lungs with 2,000 other people.

buy the dvd! trust me, you'll love it to death. no, it looks unreal as an opener...

ATamreLion
02-05-2008, 12:17 AM
hmmm..prodigy perhaps, but the california radio stations that leaked that coachella was gonna announce some additions this week and update the poster said they were adiing rock acts.....

Good. No more dance music please.

rage patton
02-05-2008, 06:37 AM

If thats the case, I can see someone like The Mars Volta or Queens of the Stone Age being added to Sunday and playing before Roger Waters.

You obviously haven't listened to The Prodigy.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2008, 06:39 AM

Prodigy is no mere dance music....they put on a freaking show....

summerkid
02-05-2008, 07:31 AM
i feel the need to post this in any thread that contains talk of additions because of Kraftwerk moving up to coheadline status. Remember Spiritualized is being moved to saturday this move by kraftwerk simply allows them to keep their third line billing without kicking hot chip down to the fourth line. Now if you are expecting additions I say look at sunday and the biggest the additions could possibly get is third line billing. NO SUBHEADLINERS WILL BE ADDED!

rage patton
02-05-2008, 11:03 AM
I bet people said that in 06 as well...

bludevil007
02-05-2008, 11:06 AM
dude, you are the only one who "feels a need" for you to post. Take a hint and shut the fuck up - you already posted that comment six ways from sunday on this board - im getting bored on this board already with the repetitive garbage. none of us knows whether any subheadliners will be added, so stop acting like the goddamn authority. no matter how many times you capitalize "NO SUBHEADLINERS WILL BE ADDED", nobody wants to see that crap. you probably arent even going to the show, so you should similarly stay off the board.

hugs & kisses,

sir douche a lot

nationocean
02-05-2008, 01:05 PM
snf... and?

nationocean
02-05-2008, 01:07 PM
dude, you are the only one who "feels a need" for you to post. Take a hint and shut the fuck up - you already posted that comment six ways from sunday on this board - im getting bored on this board already with the repetitive garbage. none of us knows whether any subheadliners will be added, so stop acting like the goddamn authority. no matter how many times you capitalize "NO SUBHEADLINERS WILL BE ADDED", nobody wants to see that crap. you probably arent even going to the show, so you should similarly stay off the board.

hugs & kisses,

sir douche a lot

the message board gets really old really fast.

and there are many idiots on this board, including me.

..some could say it's as mediocre as the line up itself.. wahwaah..

paulb
02-05-2008, 01:07 PM

you make some of the worst posts ever... Prodigy will fuckin kick you in the nuts...

Sonicifyouwantit
02-05-2008, 02:39 PM
yeah i dont know if I believe these radio stations, sounds like a way to drum up listeners. A radio station in vegas said kraftwerk were playing vegoose, but it never happened

damon8
02-05-2008, 03:10 PM
yeah i dont know if I believe these radio stations, sounds like a way to drum up listeners. A radio station in vegas said kraftwerk were playing vegoose, but it never happened

TRUE!! hmm Mars Volta or even Omar's side project would be cool!!! Omar released a album today so who knows eh?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2008, 03:29 PM

god that was such a let down....

Sonicifyouwantit
02-05-2008, 03:52 PM
they announced some one else to vegoose too that didnt show

betao
02-05-2008, 04:20 PM
modest mouse.

Alchemy
02-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Weren't The Animals playing on Sunday? Did they get dropped the fuck out?

theonewiththewurlitzer
02-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Weren't The Animals playing on Sunday? Did they get dropped the fuck out?

I dont see them on the old posters, I only see the Annuals on Sunday.

Alchemy
02-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Hmm... Nevermind, I think I'm thinking of the Paul Tollett list that was written out by somebody. Confusing Annuals with one of the later incarnations of The Animals.

grantgti1039
02-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Yeah, manu chao is bigger than Cafe Tacuba, but Manu Chao is not a latin act. He's French.

From Wikipedia:
Manu Chao (born José-Manuel Thomas Arthur Chao on June 21, 1961 in Paris, France) is a French-born singer of Spanish origin. He sings principally in French, Spanish and English and occasionally in a number of other languages.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manu_chao

Manu Chao is most definitely a "latin act," even though he was born in France.

msklvr
02-07-2008, 03:16 PM
modest mouse.

yes

Cpt. Funkaho
02-07-2008, 03:30 PM
yes

no.

emtgreg
02-07-2008, 04:51 PM
no.

yes

if only due to the fact that MM >>>>>>>>>>> JJ

Cpt. Funkaho
02-07-2008, 05:27 PM
yes

if only due to the fact that MM >>>>>>>>>>> JJ

There are plenty of bands better than Jack Johnson; that's hardly a reason in itself to support an add. Modest Mouse would be expensive and I'm not particularly excited about them.

M Sparks
02-07-2008, 05:38 PM
There are plenty of bands better than Jack Johnson; that's hardly a reason in itself to support an add. Modest Mouse would be expensive and I'm not particularly excited about them.

SIGH :rolleyes

they announced some one else to vegoose too that didnt show

modest mouse.

yes

A few CBS radio stations put a graphic on their site that said Kraftwerk & Modest Mouse were playing Vegoose. They didn't. That's all.

BlueDevil50
02-13-2008, 02:48 PM
so it looks like orgasmic got dropped from the institubes dj set and they added curses instead...

paulb
02-13-2008, 02:57 PM
so it looks like orgasmic got dropped from the institubes dj set and they added curses instead...

it has all of them on the new poster... Surkin, Curses, Para One & Orgasmic.

sddoctor
02-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Yes, Curses is a great add.

BlueDevil50
02-13-2008, 03:20 PM
ah, good look paul. i could of sworn orgasmic wasnt there but the more the merrier.

M Sparks
02-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Minus The Bear has moved to Saturday.

What the hell is going on? How are they possibly going to fit everyone in AND have two headliner sets?

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Fuck. Saturday is gonna blow up anytime now. Too many bands.

Hey, who the hell is Linton Kwesi Johnson? was he in the sunday line up?

paulb
02-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Minus The Bear has moved to Saturday.

What the hell is going on? How are they possibly going to fit everyone in AND have two headliner sets?

wow, excellent find... they must have changed that within the past few hours, cause I had this new lineup with Curses saved from just 12h ago...and this minus the bear is still on friday with Curses on it...and now its on sat...another poster to save to my files...

paulb
02-14-2008, 10:51 AM

reggae stuff.

BeHereNOW
02-14-2008, 10:54 AM
can we translate these updates into a proper graphic?

captncrzy
02-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Geez, how is that all going to go down on Saturday? Are they going to start at 8am?

paulb
i can upload all the posters and post them...although im only missing 1 which someone claimed was missing Justice...

MassiveChemicalPunk
I assume many of those small electronic acts on saturday are playing the dome or something like that.

rage patton
02-14-2008, 11:00 AM

He is gonna lay the reggae down hard! Thats who he is! And yes, he was always on Sunday.

drowningmatt
02-14-2008, 11:06 AM
I assume many of those small electronic acts on saturday are playing the dome or something like that.

They've never put Dome acts on the poster. But who knows, there's a first time for every thing.

paulb
02-14-2008, 11:09 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2248/2264891741_a3308709c4.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2139/2264892323_7c203ce6c5.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2114/2265683212_56d9f69eb0.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2188/2265683884_22b528cc20.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2261/2264893483_94b78c3bc5.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2158/2264893565_d683329135.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2397/2265684516_2ebb5ecb37.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2122/2265684750_6873c65394.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2121/2265685022_8d38edabe4.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2324/2264894595_6226b2b5dd.jpg

luckyface
02-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Seriously, what a weird and confusing year this has been.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-14-2008, 11:17 AM

I still say Jack Johnson is really going to be Karl Hyde in disguise and then the entire polo field will break out into a rave when he takes off his jj suit and launches into Born Slippy

Derekx
02-14-2008, 11:32 AM
I still say Jack Johnson is really going to be Karl Hyde in disguise and then the entire polo field will break out into a rave when he takes off his jj suit and launches into Born Slippy

That would be epic and I would probably have a heart attack.

M Sparks
02-14-2008, 11:35 AM

But most of us won't be there to see it.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-14-2008, 11:36 AM

that is why we all need to keep that eye out for this years Daft Punk surprise....

AEversW
02-14-2008, 02:27 PM
I really hope they sale the lineup by days poster. There is no way in hell im going to put that Bonneroo look a like on my wall.

M Sparks
02-14-2008, 05:14 PM

that is why we all need to keep that eye out for this years Daft Punk surprise....

So you're saying that in 2006, Daft Punk were billed/disguised as Three Doors Down?

sbessiso
02-14-2008, 05:18 PM
who the fuck is CAFE TACVBA??

suprefan
02-14-2008, 07:09 PM

Dont even say you are being serious. I swear you neeed to get smacked on the head.

luckyface
02-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Dont even say you are being serious. I swear you neeed to get smacked on the head.

In all fairness, the first time I ever heard of them was when they were announced as the headliner for Groove Armada at the Bowl.

mvanwinkle
02-14-2008, 07:57 PM

I have no clue who these guys are either. sorry supre.

mvanwinkle
02-14-2008, 08:10 PM
It should have remained unheard of to me. Did not enjoy that. I should have known better coming from supre.

boyalien0
02-14-2008, 09:27 PM

This is what happens when you have to exhaust every possible marketing angle to try and sell 3-day passes that, after an initial surge of sales, are no longer selling.

sbessiso
02-15-2008, 03:32 AM
i have nothing to be ashamed of, ive never heard this name before in my entire life

you can still spank me if you want

Heresy
02-25-2008, 09:59 AM
who the fuck is CAFE TACVBA??.

It's actually Cafe TacUba. They're a mexican band...pretty cool :)

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-25-2008, 10:18 AM

"Eres" by Cafe Tacuba

I31X6Y-pfms

This song is amazing. Too bad many of you don't understand spanish cause the lyrics are the best part of the song, and I feel the video is great as well. This is one of many great songs they have. I have seen them before live, so I really don't know if i'll catch their set at coach, cause saturday is just going to be too complicated with so many awesome bands.

luckyface
02-25-2008, 01:46 PM
As pointed out here (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=480692&postcount=20) by PierogiHead, Black Kids have been moved to Friday.

M Sparks
02-25-2008, 02:04 PM
As pointed out here (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=480692&postcount=20) by PierogiHead, Black Kids have been moved to Friday.

And Minus The Bear moved back to Friday from Saturday.

And Modeselektor moved Friday to Sunday.

EDIT: And Above & Beyond are official now for Saturday.

DOUBLE EDIT: Grand Ole Party moved Saturday to Sunday

FINAL EDIT:That appears to be everything...

gratytrainridesagain
02-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Is it me or do they seem to be moving the poster around more than previous years

TickleMeElmo
02-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Just noticed it says Above THE Beyond on the main poster. Are they anything like Above AND Beyond?

Oh, and apparantly Black KidsArchitecture In Helsinki are a supergroup now...

M Sparks
02-25-2008, 02:21 PM
Is it me or do they seem to be moving the poster around more than previous years

It's not so much that the poster is moving around, but the LINEUP is moving around. Yet we aren't supposed to talk about it on the Lineup forum. :rolleyes

But yeah, there wasn't near this amount of shifting days last year. I think VNV Nation was the only one to switch days. Maybe one other.

Interesting to see some stuff moving TO Sunday instead of away. They are still way lopsided though, and Saturday got ANOTHER addition.

Friday-42
Saturday-49 (or 52 if you count the Institubes acts separately.)
Sunday-35

I really think Roger Waters is getting a Bonnaroo style set. All other stages closed by 9:30 or so.

JClemy
02-25-2008, 02:31 PM
"Eres" by Cafe Tacuba

I31X6Y-pfms

This song is amazing. Too bad many of you don't understand spanish cause the lyrics are the best part of the song, and I feel the video is great as well. This is one of many great songs they have. I have seen them before live, so I really don't know if i'll catch their set at coach, cause saturday is just going to be too complicated with so many awesome bands.

I kinda like the song but the video kinda makes the singer dude look like a pedo. These lineup shifts would mess things up for people trying to go for just one day.

luckyface
02-25-2008, 02:31 PM

It's not just you. It seems very disorganized this year.

Ardentbiscuit
02-25-2008, 03:01 PM
So why did they add above and beyond but not yeasayer?

rage patton
02-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Weird... Minus The Bear were moved back to Friday?

And who wants to bet Modeselektor and deadmau5 play back to back in the Sahara now?

Bosco
02-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Modeselektor wont play the Sahara, me thinks. Gobi or Mohave. Think Coldcut (2006).

Hope they play late in the day, either way.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Modeselektor wont play the Sahara, me thinks. Gobi or Mohave. Think Coldcut (2006).

Hope they play late in the day, either way.

probably 3 or 4pm

summerkid
02-25-2008, 06:01 PM
I really think Roger Waters is getting a Bonnaroo style set. All other stages closed by 9:30 or so.

I think you are right...I really don't like that.

EDIT: And Above & Beyond are official now for Saturday.

hmmm with the addition of Above and Beyond to saturday the sahara tent looks completely full. I do not think that Hot Chip will be playing in there because they have enough EDM acts to fill it up. I also think we'll see Above and Beyond vs Portishead and Sasha and Digweed vs Kraftwerk.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-25-2008, 06:41 PM

hmmm with the addition of Above and Beyond to saturday the sahara tent looks completely full. I do not think that Hot Chip will be playing in there because they have enough EDM acts to fill it up. I also think we'll see Above and Beyond vs Portishead and Sasha and Digweed vs Kraftwerk.

what stages are you guessing for the above vs?

M Sparks
02-25-2008, 06:43 PM

Actually, I bet there will be minor alternatives. Someone will be spinning in the Sahara probably. But I bet Justice will be out before Waters starts, and I bet Outdoor Theater doesn't get used while he's on.

It just doesn't make sense to have so few acts on Sunday unless this is the case. Even if Waters gets 2 1/2 hours, that just means eliminating 1 or 2 acts from the main stage. But if you shut down everything else for 2 1/2 hours, that's 8-10 less.

As long as there's no Waters/Gogol conflict, I'll be happy. If it was just me, I'd go to Gogol and then catch the rest of Waters. But my wife's head would explode trying to decide.

Edmontonian
02-25-2008, 07:00 PM
OK so I don't know what yous guys are talking about, I see above and beyond have been added to the main poster but the lineup by day poster still has black kids on sunday, modeselektor on friday, minus the bear on saturday and no above and beyond. Are you looking at a different poster? this is what comes when you click on the lineup by day link
http://coachella.com/coachella_v7_3day_web_poster_sat_1_26.jpg

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Delete caché.

summerkid
02-25-2008, 09:30 PM
what stages are you guessing for the above vs?

well kraftwerk and Portishead are playing the main stage (as confirmed by paul tollet) and above and beyond and Sasha and Digweed are EDM so they will be in the Sahara.

ghettojournalist
02-25-2008, 10:02 PM
and Spiritualized is still on Sunday...

Boourns
02-25-2008, 10:09 PM
There's no dot between Black Kids and Architecture in Helsinki

STALINZZZ
02-25-2008, 10:54 PM
hahaha

paulb
02-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Im hoping Above and Beyond get erased and replaced by The Prodigy.

JSam67
02-26-2008, 12:03 AM
Im hoping Above and Beyond get erased and replaced by The Prodigy.

I'm not sure it would be possible for me to agree more.

breakjaw
02-26-2008, 12:21 AM
I miss Black Kids listed after Holy Fuck!I think they should be listed right before Does It Offend You,Yeah? or right before Black Lips.

PassiveTheory
02-26-2008, 12:29 AM
LOL

Holy Fuck Black Kids
Black Kids Does It Offend You, Yeah?
Black Kids Enter Shikari
Black Kids Black Lips Black Mountain
Black Kids Justice
Slightly Stoopid Black Kids
Turbonegro Black Kids
The Streets Black Kids
Black Kids The Horrors
Grand Ole Party Black Kids

paulb
02-26-2008, 12:36 AM
LOL

HAHAHAHA, thats hilarious dude.

Cpt. Funkaho
02-26-2008, 12:37 AM
LOL

Holy Fuck Black Kids
Black Kids Does It Offend You, Yeah?
Black Kids Enter Shikari
Black Kids Black Lips Black Mountain
Black Kids Justice
Turbonegro Black Kids
The Streets Black Kids
Black Kids The Horrors
Grand Ole Party Black Kids

:yyablo

PassiveTheory
02-26-2008, 12:45 AM
C'mon Walrus...

rage patton
02-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Holy Fuck Black Kids was hilarious. I miss that already. Holy Fuck Black Mountains... just doesn't have the same ring.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Stagecoach lineup:

I just noticed how few acts (12 to 15) are playing each day compared to last year. George Jones and Ralph Stanely not to be missed sunday for sure.

maybe goldenvoice did some market research and figured the people coming to stagecoach will not want to travel from stage to stage and be overwhelmed by so many acts going on all day. Leave the mayhem to us at coachella.

paulb
02-26-2008, 02:01 PM
well, they fixed the error about Black KidsArchitecture in helsinki, and now they have a dot between them... but for some reason it still says Jack Johnson on top of Friday.

rage patton
02-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Look at the big jumbled poster.

Love the Rockets.

Hahaha. Oh goldenvoice. You are so silly.

ghettojournalist
02-26-2008, 07:45 PM
that is hilarious.

M Sparks
02-26-2008, 07:55 PM
maybe goldenvoice did some market research and figured the people coming to stagecoach will not want to travel from stage to stage and be overwhelmed by so many acts going on all day. Leave the mayhem to us at coachella.

From last years schedule, the stages seemed like they were all aimed at different audiences. Mainstage was mainstream crap. Outdoor Theater was Willie and the other old schoolers. "Mojave" was REALLY old school...like Sons Of The Pioneers type stuff. Sahara was bluegrass.

M Sparks
02-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Look at the big jumbled poster.

Love the Rockets.

What the hell? Has that always been like that?

It's the phantom floating "the". Yesterday, didn't it say "Above The Beyond"?

MarkO
02-26-2008, 09:40 PM
well, they fixed the error about Black KidsArchitecture in helsinki, and now they have a dot between them... but for some reason it still says Jack Johnson on top of Friday.

Subtle while still putting the boot in.

I like it.