PDA

View Full Version : Poster Changes

Pages : 1 [2] 3

el chango
02-27-2008, 06:41 AM
It's actually Cafe TacUba. They're a mexican band...pretty cool :)

No, it's not. They changed the name to Café Tacvba because Café Tacuba is the name of a restaurant in México City. They originally had the same name, but the owner of the restaurant changed it's mind later. So, the official name is Café Tacvba

grantgti1039
02-28-2008, 12:28 PM
It just doesn't make sense to have so few acts on Sunday unless this is the case. Even if Waters gets 2 1/2 hours, that just means eliminating 1 or 2 acts from the main stage. But if you shut down everything else for 2 1/2 hours, that's 8-10 less.

Well, since Waters is just performing Dark Side of the Moon in it's entirety, I'd be super surprised if he played for 2-1/2 hours.

damon8
02-28-2008, 12:34 PM
they may need time to set up his stage before he goes on... i beleve i read in other posts that its gonna be the full dark side stage set up...i wonder if they'll bust out the three storie high disco ball in the center of the feild where during the encore it rises and makes everyone appear to melt!! lol wouldnt it be great if the pigs were inflated and flown over the grounds as well!!! maybe no artist wants to play during his set because they all wanna watch and enjoy as well.

starrdogg
02-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Well, since Waters is just performing Dark Side of the Moon in it's entirety, I'd be super surprised if he played for 2-1/2 hours.

I believe Paul Tollett said in his press conference that it won't just be Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety. It's going to be Roger Waters' Dark Side set, which includes Dark Side in full, as well as a slew of other Pink Floyd hits. Dark Side in itself is only about 45 minutes long.

M Sparks
02-28-2008, 01:42 PM

What gives you that idea.

M Sparks
02-28-2008, 01:47 PM
I believe Paul Tollett said in his press conference that it won't just be Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety. It's going to be Roger Waters' Dark Side set, which includes Dark Side in full, as well as a slew of other Pink Floyd hits. Dark Side in itself is only about 45 minutes long.

The Dark Side Of The Moon Live tour setlist...

Set One

1. In the Flesh
2. Mother
3. Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
4. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts II - V)(abridged)
5. Have a Cigar
6. Wish You Were Here
7. Southampton Dock
8. The Fletcher Memorial Home
9. Perfect Sense, Parts 1 and 2
10. Leaving Beirut
11. Sheep

Set Two (The Dark Side of the Moon)

1. Speak to Me/Breathe
2. On the Run
3. Time/Breathe (Reprise)
4. The Great Gig in the Sky
5. Money
6. Us and Them
7. Any Colour You Like
8. Brain Damage
9. Eclipse

Encore

1. The Happiest Days of Our Lives
2. Another Brick in the Wall, Part II
3. Vera
4. Bring the Boys Back Home
5. Comfortably Numb

M Sparks
02-28-2008, 01:56 PM
wouldnt it be great if the pigs were inflated and flown over the grounds as well!!!

I'm sure they will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflatable_pigs_on_Roger_Waters%27_tours

You guys don't really get this, do you? It's the Dark Side of The Moon tour. Been going on for a long long time. Coachella is one of the stops this year. Why would they ask the top headliner to scale back the show?

pinguinotonto
02-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Curses, added to the lineup....I think...(as a part of the Institubes Terror Club)

M Sparks
02-29-2008, 04:47 AM
Curses, added to the lineup....I think...(as a part of the Institubes Terror Club)

....more than 2 weeks ago.

pinguinotonto
02-29-2008, 08:35 AM
wow. can't believe I hadn't noticed that, lol.

M Sparks
02-29-2008, 08:38 AM
wow. can't believe I hadn't noticed that, lol.

At least you're IN the right thread. :D

Two weeks from now, someone will start a whole new thread called "Curses just added!"

boyalien0
02-29-2008, 10:59 AM
From that Wikipedia page:

"During select performances at open-air venues the pig was released to fly away."

This is going to be so fucking awesome.

shakermaker113
02-29-2008, 01:19 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflatable_pigs_on_Roger_Waters%27_tours

it took me a moment to realize that the pigs themselves have their own wikipedia page.

rage patton
02-29-2008, 01:30 PM
From that Wikipedia page:

"During select performances at open-air venues the pig was released to fly away."

This is going to be so fucking awesome.

THAT would be fucking awesome.

IDEA. On Saturday, before the performance on Sunday, they should have a line up to write stuff on the pig! They could provide sharpies, paint and spray paint and everyone would have a minute or two to write something on the pig.

msklvr
02-29-2008, 01:33 PM
I firmly believe that the flying pig will be one of the talked about moments in Coachella history. Like Wayne's ball or the Pyramid.

M Sparks
02-29-2008, 01:36 PM
it took me a moment to realize that the pigs themselves have their own wikipedia page.

I think Wikipedia is closing in on 96% of all people, places, and things having their own page.

paulb
02-29-2008, 01:46 PM
ok, im a retard and admit to not knowing what this pig is about. Someone explain to me the pig and Pink Floyd and dark side of the moon or whatever.

brando4n82
02-29-2008, 01:52 PM
I firmly believe that the flying pig will be one of the talked about moments in Coachella history. Like Wayne's ball or the Pyramid.

It's not That big a deal. I mean, I'm way down for the pig, who isnt? It definitely has its nastolgic value, but I'd say The Flaming Lips Bubble is more of a spectacle....unless the pig blows up over the crowd and releases absurd amounts of confetti....thatd be pretty cool.

rage patton
02-29-2008, 01:52 PM
The pig is from the Pink Floyd album "Animals." On that album, all the song titles were named after animals. Pigs, Dogs, Sheep, etc. It was a concept albums loosely based of of George Orwells Novel "Animal Farm." The animals used in the album were meant to represent people in society. Its up for interpretation, but Im sure you can guess who the pig represents.
The pig is released when Waters plays "Sheep." Which is my favorite song off of Animals.

paulb
02-29-2008, 01:58 PM
ok, interesting...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-29-2008, 02:19 PM
The pig is from the Pink Floyd album "Animals." On that album, all the song titles were named after animals. Pigs, Dogs, Sheep, etc. It was a concept albums loosely based of of George Orwells Novel "Animal Farm." The animals used in the album were meant to represent people in society. Its up for interpretation, but Im sure you can guess who the pig represents.
The pig is released when Waters plays "Sheep." Which is my favorite song off of Animals.

Sheep is also my favorite track on the album...

summerkid
02-29-2008, 02:21 PM
It's not That big a deal. I mean, I'm way down for the pig, who isnt? It definitely has its nastolgic value, but I'd say The Flaming Lips Bubble is more of a spectacle....unless the pig blows up over the crowd and releases absurd amounts of confetti....thatd be pretty cool.

yeah...i mean that was the first time the lips did that bubble thing too the pig has been around forever.

shakermaker113
02-29-2008, 05:28 PM
IDEA. On Saturday, before the performance on Sunday, they should have a line up to write stuff on the pig! They could provide sharpies, paint and spray paint and everyone would have a minute or two to write something on the pig.

how big do you think this pig is that 50,000 people can write on it?

I think Wikipedia is closing in on 96% of all people, places, and things having their own page.

this post even has its own wikipedia page.

rage patton
02-29-2008, 05:31 PM
how big do you think this pig is that 50,000 people can write on it?

Obviously everyone couldnt write on it. It would be on a first come, first serve basis. At a certain point, they would have to end the line.

boyalien0
02-29-2008, 05:37 PM
I approve of this idea.

summerkid
02-29-2008, 05:40 PM
I don't because typically the pig has relevant things written on it and instead we would get a bunch of stupid shit scribbled all over it.

rage patton
02-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Sure some people would write stupid shit. But you forget Coachella atracts the artsy crowd. There would be lots of revelvant stuff on there. And it would be even more relevant because it is written by the fellow festival goer.

summerkid
02-29-2008, 05:51 PM
I think your opinion of people in general is too high rage and I think all I really have to do here is point to the fact that Jack Johnson is headlining not just Coachella, but every god damn festival in the US.
( :

boyalien0
02-29-2008, 08:24 PM
I think the graffiti on one of the cardboard trash bins a few years ago says everything we need to know about the sort of things that would be scribbled on the Pig:

"Even Jesus Hates Creed."

I wish I still had a pic of this, but I know someone on this board saw it. Anyway, I still approve.

BlueDevil50
03-01-2008, 12:15 AM
just saw they finally fixed the "love THE rockets" to "love and rockets"...blah

im still not counting on anything but it would be a nice present to see an addition now

rage patton
03-01-2008, 12:22 AM
Im not counting on any major additions until APW sells out or in close to selling out.

I think your opinion of people in general is too high rage and I think all I really have to do here is point to the fact that Jack Johnson is headlining not just Coachella, but every god damn festival in the US.
( :

Are you still just pissed that the White Stripes cancelled thier tour? Because I think you are being far to negative here.
Anyways, I said Saturday for a reason. All the people there just to see Jack Johnson will be gone. Instead some of the more inteligent music fans (Portishead/Kraftwerk fans) will be there. I just thought it would be a cool idea because, while watching that pig, it would represent what all of us attending the festival believed in, had an opinion about or thought about. And whether or not we agree with what is on the pig, we can respect what the other person wrote.

thelastgreatman
03-01-2008, 12:57 AM
I don't think Roger Waters has any interest in turning any part of his show over to 60,000 douchebags in the desert considering the fact that he didn't even let his bandmates hardly have a say.

EDIT: Nor should he. I don't give a fuck what those idiots think should be on the pig.

brando4n82
03-01-2008, 06:44 AM
I don't think Roger Waters has any interest in turning any part of his show over to 60,000 douchebags in the desert considering the fact that he didn't even let his bandmates hardly have a say.

EDIT: Nor should he. I don't give a fuck what those idiots think should be on the pig.

yep

M Sparks
03-01-2008, 08:03 AM
I don't think Roger Waters has any interest in turning any part of his show over to 60,000 douchebags in the desert

Awesome. :)

thelastgreatman
03-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Seriously, what the fuck... I've watched two bootlegs and still nobody told me that this wild and woolly motherfucker actually has a big fake black pyramid prism that shoots lasers to replicate the cover of the album hanging over the fucking stage? IS THIS ***** FOR REAL?!

http://camura.com/thumbs/o/33188.jpg

gratytrainridesagain
03-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Yeah but when I seen him we were really close so the pyramid was over us I didn't even notice it for like fifteen minutes. That pic does no justice to the show though.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Seriously, what the fuck... I've watched two bootlegs and still nobody told me that this wild and woolly motherfucker actually has a big fake black pyramid prism that shoots lasers to replicate the cover of the album hanging over the fucking stage? IS THIS ***** FOR REAL?!

http://camura.com/thumbs/o/33188.jpg

Christ Randy, you know it is because of you that I am excited to see this....

rage patton
03-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Oh my god... I think I see Daft Punk in there!

ghettojournalist
03-02-2008, 12:47 AM
Yeah but when I seen him we were really close so the pyramid was over us I didn't even notice it for like fifteen minutes. That pic does no justice to the show though.

it does no justice because it's from the end of the show, you know, when they do a curtain call.

thelastgreatman
03-02-2008, 01:06 AM
I was just looking for another photo with the pyramid in it--I had no idea that was in his show, it didn't show up on any of the clips I've seen. That shit is so fucking gangster. I can't believe people are actually assholes enough to say they're not interested in seeing this performance. Thank god there's going to be no conflicts so they'll be FORCED to recognize the genius.

mikebspeedracer
03-02-2008, 01:13 AM
I was just looking for another photo with the pyramid in it--I had no idea that was in his show, it didn't show up on any of the clips I've seen. That shit is so fucking gangster. I can't believe people are actually assholes enough to say they're not interested in seeing this performance. Thank god there's going to be no conflicts so they'll be FORCED to recognize the genius.

dude search for videos under "Roger Waters dark side of the moon set" and it should have videos with the pyramid in them. I found plenty on you tube. This should be one of the biggest performances coachella has ever seen!

mikebspeedracer
03-02-2008, 01:16 AM
goto Roger "Waters barcelona april 21 2007" has a great shot of the stage and even better shots of the pyramid

thelastgreatman
03-02-2008, 01:35 AM
I was watching a lot of those Barcelona vids--those are really good quality for Youtube. Totally didn't notice the pyramid though, gonna have to go back and look harder.

JSam67
03-02-2008, 06:54 AM
That pyramid prism is pretty intense! I'm starting to realize that I can't even comprehend how awesomely psychedelic this show is gonna be.

scoop49er
03-02-2008, 07:11 AM
ive done some checking too and it looks like it is a great way to close coachella 08!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-04-2008, 08:32 AM
I am doing my best to ignore watching any and all videos of Roger Waters' shows..I want to be as surprised as possible...

sbessiso
03-04-2008, 08:46 AM
me too!

M Sparks
03-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Already mentioned elsewhere...Serj Tankian add to Friday.

AND...

(drumroll)

Minus The Bear back to Saturday.

Again.

M Sparks
03-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Oh, and The Horrors are gone entirely.

MassiveChemicalPunk
03-04-2008, 01:46 PM
WTF!

The horrors are not there any more!!!!!!!!!!

WTF is going on. This sucks.

starrdogg
03-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Serj Tankian's spelling was fixed and DJ Mehdi was added on the bottom, playing with Uffie.

scoop49er
03-04-2008, 02:38 PM
the horrors are gone? that sux a little but getting serj makes up for it for me! :)

kingdumb
03-04-2008, 02:39 PM
WTF!

The horrors are not there any more!!!!!!!!!!

WTF is going on. This sucks.

AHHHHHHHHHH nooooo
please god no!
afghhh

bobert
03-04-2008, 03:02 PM
AHHHHHHHHHH nooooo
please god no!
afghhh

The Horrors, The Horrors.......

drowningmatt
03-04-2008, 03:14 PM
the horrors going the way of madness and that soad guy being added sucks.

JClemy
03-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Im not counting on any major additions until APW sells out or in close to selling out.

Are you still just pissed that the White Stripes cancelled thier tour? Because I think you are being far to negative here.
Anyways, I said Saturday for a reason. All the people there just to see Jack Johnson will be gone. Instead some of the more inteligent music fans (Portishead/Kraftwerk fans) will be there. I just thought it would be a cool idea because, while watching that pig, it would represent what all of us attending the festival believed in, had an opinion about or thought about. And whether or not we agree with what is on the pig, we can respect what the other person wrote.

You definitely have to much faith in other people. The pig would have a lot of stuff like this:

http://www.flashasylum.com/db/files/Comics/Dave/comicbored1.png[/URL]

captncrzy
03-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Goddammit that fucking sucks. The Horrors are on my must see list.

FUCK.

rage patton
03-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Seriously... wtf is going on this year?

rage patton
03-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Wait... am I just blind... or have they taken the day by day poster off the website???

EDIT: They have the day by day line up still up... but no day by day poster. What the hell?

Blinken
03-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Not a poster change but what the hell, this is some crazy shit

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09004032D175637C?artistid=806308&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

victor831
03-04-2008, 04:16 PM
That sucks I was hoping to see the horrors, instead of improving the lineup it seems that as the time goes by it's looking less and less appealing, nothing against the acts that have been added though....

luckyface
03-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Not a poster change but what the hell, this is some crazy shit

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09004032D175637C?artistid=806308&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Honestly folks, this is most likely the trick up PT's sleeves that was referred to at the press conference. I would imagine it has more to do with festival features and not lineup.

MassiveChemicalPunk
03-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Honestly folks, this is most likely the trick up PT's sleeves that was referred to at the press conference. I would imagine it has more to do with festival features and not lineup.

yeah, and also the "now you see them, no you don't" infinite band changes/day swapping.

orbit
03-04-2008, 04:24 PM
And the 'check the poster every 5 minutes if you want to know the latest additions/cancellations.'

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Wait... am I just blind... or have they taken the day by day poster off the website???

EDIT: They have the day by day line up still up... but no day by day poster. What the hell?

Wow...Sunday and Friday look so sparse compared to Saturday...

mandelbaum
03-04-2008, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=rage patton;486822]Im not counting on any major additions until APW sells out or in close to selling out.
QUOTE]

My lord. When are you kids going to stop associating these two festivals like they have anything to do with each other than having a mutual promoter? Seriously. What is a matter with you people? They are separated by almost 4 months. The lineups have nothing to do with each other. They are on separate budgets. AEG/Goldenvoice do a hell of a lot more than these two festivals and ticket revenue for one has nothing to do with the support for the other.

rage patton
03-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Wow...Sunday and Friday look so sparse compared to Saturday...

I definately noticed that too. It really shows how lacking in totaly number of acts Sunday has. Friday only has marginally more as well.

crazzz2007
03-04-2008, 07:19 PM
THAT would be fucking awesome.

seriously, the flying pig thing is old news.

crazzz2007
03-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Goddammit that fucking sucks. The Horrors are on my must see list.

FUCK.

not anymore they're not

drowningmatt
03-04-2008, 07:27 PM
seriously, the flying pig thing is old news.

Truth

captncrzy
03-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Unless that hotel tent has air conditioning-it's not worth the money.

Ardentbiscuit
03-05-2008, 10:07 AM
I wish they would officially announce changes to the line up instead of making it a psychotic where's waldo poster search.

M Sparks
03-05-2008, 11:04 AM

As long as they're changing it every other day, it makes sense to go to a text list.

Plus, I'd rather have the text list. Tracking the poster was getting maddening.

Typing up the lineup this year is like nailing pudding to a board.

M Sparks
03-05-2008, 11:08 AM
I wish they would officially announce changes to the line up instead of making it a psychotic where's waldo poster search.

I don't expect them to issue a press release every time a minor act moves days, but you'd think they'd put additions on the news page. Especially Serj...I don't care about him, but I would imagine that could be considered a major add.

The hush-hush attitude is a bit of a puzzler this year. I'm beginning to think GV hired the Vegoose publicity team away from Supafly.

rage patton
03-05-2008, 11:10 AM
The hush-hush attitude is a bit of a puzzler this year. I'm beginning to think GV hired the Vegoose publicity team away from Supafly.

Hahaha, not THAT bad. But I agree. They seem FAR more disorganized this year compared to last year.

boyalien0
03-05-2008, 11:13 AM
From day 1 this has been the most obviously mismanaged coachella I've been to to date, and I only missed the first.

menikmati
03-05-2008, 11:15 AM
hire me!

psychic friend
03-05-2008, 11:19 AM
You guys are lame. bands move, add and vanish each year. this is nothing out of the ordinary. we don't make a news announcement everytime a band sneezes either.

annoying.

rage patton
03-05-2008, 11:22 AM
You guys are lame. bands move, add and vanish each year. this is nothing out of the ordinary. we don't make a news announcement everytime a band sneezes either.

annoying.

All we are saying is the APW website has gotten more frequent updates then we have. We havent gotten ANY updates since tickets went on sale. While last year at this time, we have plenty of more updates. And the band moves in the past have been nowhere near as frequent as this year.

psychic friend
03-05-2008, 11:26 AM
All we are saying is the APW website has gotten more frequent updates then we have.

first of all,that is a lie. we have made uptdates almost daily. its annoying

also apw has nothing to do with coachella.

betao
03-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Dani, why wasnt their an announcement on the official site when Kate Nash and Serj were added?

I'm just curious, i'm not trying to be negative or critical.

betao
03-05-2008, 11:33 AM

annoying.

Sorry, but some of us are spending quite alot of money to go to this. You can call us overreacting, and throw the "lineup subject to change" excuse at us (which is valid, don't get me wrong), but we do have a right to be a bit pissed. It is very annoying when stuff like this happens, even more so when it is done with no announcement.

M Sparks
03-05-2008, 11:35 AM

I think he just meant on the news page. The updates have been dorks like me squinting at the poster every couple days trying to figure out what's different, and posting it here.

Thanks for bringing back the text list.

psychic friend
03-05-2008, 11:44 AM
same amounts of news as in previous years.

shakermaker113
03-05-2008, 11:44 AM

I'm betting a lot of people with tickets don't know that the horrors have dropped out. or that serj has been added. or above & beyond.

ThomThom
03-05-2008, 11:46 AM
I think spending almost $2,000 in gas, hotel, and tickets and quite possibly another $300-$500 in food and merchandise when I go to this fucking festival sure as hell earns me the right to know if somebody has been added or removed from the lineup without having to decrease my vision by 20% or solve a puzzle several times a week by looking at a poster that I'm already sick of looking at.

psychic friend
03-05-2008, 11:48 AM
yep its always been like that, not sure why. I think "line up subject to change" covers that. sorry :(

M Sparks
03-05-2008, 11:54 AM
same amounts of news as in previous years.

So, zero? Because that's how many entries there have been since Jan 21st.

Again, I totally understand you shouldn't have to announce each minor change, and that you don't WANT to announce when people drop out. I just don't understand why you wouldn't want to announce additions.

Really though, thanks for the text list, I was really tired of squinting at that mess. I'm sure doing 140 different artist pages was keeping you busy, and I appreciate the effort.

That sounded sarcastic. It wasn't. Except the first line.

menikmati
03-05-2008, 11:57 AM
you guys sure seem up to date on all the news, so why even complain?

psychic friend
03-05-2008, 11:58 AM
because it makes people feel good.

ThomThom
03-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Yep, I feel great!

M Sparks
03-05-2008, 12:07 PM
you guys sure seem up to date on all the news, so why even complain?

Technically speaking, I wasn't complaining. I was just backing up the complainers complaints.

I really don't care about the news page. Actually, I never check it. (Though I might check it more often if there was ever anything posted.) Secretly, I like finding the changes and being the first to post them. I'm a dork.

But as someone who works in advertising, I PERSONALLY would want to make a big deal everytime an artist was added if I was working there.

boyalien0
03-05-2008, 07:24 PM
So, zero? Because that's how many entries there have been since Jan 21st..

This sounds less like complaining and more like calling someone out on what is obviously BS. How hard is it to add: "________ added to lineup!" to the homepage?

kreutz2112
03-05-2008, 08:36 PM
radiohead has been removed from the poster.

JClemy
03-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Bands will be added and removed as they see fit. PF will continue to make fun of all of you for complaining and the board will continue as usual.

Thanks to alll of you for putting the artists that have been added and removed in this section of the board. It's handy. I think the people who really care about changes will be on here.

scoop49er
03-05-2008, 09:34 PM
honestly they can use the lineup subject to change method but as a consumer and a paying customer I could see how it is very disrespectful to not post updates in a professional way. that is not acceptable in any buisness period

psychic friend
03-05-2008, 09:37 PM
we let the bands dictate what they want. if they want to announce they are playing, great, if they want to say they dropped off, great, if they want to lie, great,. we just bend over. sorry its for the bands. i would personally rather post their every move.

Ardentbiscuit
03-06-2008, 06:06 AM
You don't have to post adds or deletions. You don't even have to post news. I just think it's a nice courtesy and makes people feel like they matter and not just a customer who is buying a product.

scoop49er
03-06-2008, 08:32 AM
i think pf does a great job with what she has to work with... i do think additions and deletions info are poorly done in regards to giving info. nothing against pf on that, that stuff comes from the big dogs and any business knows u keep your consumers informed or in the long run, you lose them.

im not saying the board is gospel, but like with any business, you have to keep a form of communication open in regards to updates, etc. conert promoters have alwyas been lazy with info since the bill graham days. so it snot surprising, but now that there are more festivals popping up, it now becomes a choice for consumers so all festivals need to step it up with thier soft skills and there info.. end of story.

captncrzy
03-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Who cares if it's posted in the news or announced by PF? As soon as there's a poster change, someone comes in here and announces it.

M Sparks
03-06-2008, 12:39 PM
No fair...I was teasing PF about this in another thread...she called me an asshat and closed it.

I was just kidding PF. You must be under a lot of stress. We should lay off this topic all together.

What is an asshat? I like it...interesting turn of phrase.

M Sparks
03-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Who cares if it's posted in the news or announced by PF? As soon as there's a poster change, someone comes in here and announces it.

Not anymore, cause the day by day poster doesn't exist.

This thread should have been called "line-up changes" to begin with. People arguing about fonts and spacing are even douchier than me.

rage patton
03-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Everytime I see this thread bumped, I think it is about another change to the poster. Especially when you post Marc. You seem to be quite on top of the poster changes.

luckyface
03-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Everytime I see this thread bumped, I think it is about another change to the poster. Especially when you post Marc. You seem to be quite on top of the poster changes.

No kidding. He should have his title changed to "Poster Change Tracker Guy".

M Sparks
03-06-2008, 12:54 PM
No kidding. He should have his title changed to "Poster Change Tracker Guy".

There's no more poster! :)

Seriously, I never notice it first. I just see that someone else has started a thread on ONE change, and then I go check and find a bunch of other changes.

I've got 6 monitors in front of me, I leave one on this forum. But I'm not anal enough to be constantly checking the list for changes. I'm just good at spotting them once I know they are there.

Should be easier now. I can just spot if any of the lists get longer or shorter. Need to print a reference list...

funkinger
03-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Would be easier if that's all that was in here instead of lots of posts that don't mention one band in or out.

(like this)

M Sparks
03-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Would be easier if that's all that was in here instead of lots of posts that don't mention one band in or out.

(like this)

:lool

Maybe I'll throw a lineup change history/tracker page up on my server this weekend. If anybody wants to bookmark it, they can just check there, but I can't promise it will always be the absolute most up to date.

I'll put it HERE (http://www.creativesparksproductions.com/Media/coach08.html). If the link doesn't work, I haven't done it yet.

psychic friend
03-06-2008, 01:31 PM
I can't promise it will always be the absolute most up to date.

helpful

funkinger
03-06-2008, 03:08 PM
:

Maybe I'll throw a lineup change history/tracker page up on my server this weekend. If anybody wants to bookmark it, they can just check there, but I can't promise it will always be the absolute most up to date.

I'll put it HERE (http://www.creativesparksproductions.com/Media/coach08.html). If the link doesn't work, I haven't done it yet.

That's generous - thank you.

menikmati
03-06-2008, 03:13 PM

When are you redesigning that site?

rage patton
03-06-2008, 06:47 PM

The link doesn't work yet, but that would be helpful.

Fuck. Madness just came up on random on my iTunes. Perfect fucking timing...

M Sparks
03-07-2008, 07:49 AM
What part of "this weekend" don't you guys understand? ;)

OK, so there's interest. My workload is light today...I'll try to put it together sometime today instead of posting stupid shit here. :)

M Sparks
03-07-2008, 08:31 AM
OK, the page is live (http://www.creativesparksproductions.com/Media/coach08.html). Quick and dirty text page.

There really weren't as many changes as I thought once I filtered out 1)bogus changes from Pollstar ... 2)people who just had never noticed that certain acts were on the lineup from the beginning ... 3)weird rumors like the Spiritualized thing ... and 4)generally stupid shit.

I might have missed a few changes from the first couple days. I went by this thread only.

Now that I've done this, we probably won't see any more changes, but I'll try to stay on top of it. Maybe later, I'll try to post an alphabetical list for each day.

luckyface
03-07-2008, 08:40 AM
OK, the page is live (http://www.creativesparksproductions.com/Media/coach08.html). Quick and dirty text page.

There really weren't as many changes as I thought once I filtered out 1)bogus changes from Pollstar ... 2)people who just had never noticed that certain acts were on the lineup from the beginning ... 3)weird rumors like the Spiritualized thing ... and 4)generally stupid shit.

I might have missed a few changes from the first couple days. I went by this thread only.

Now that I've done this, we probably won't see any more changes, but I'll try to stay on top of it. Maybe later, I'll try to post an alphabetical list for each day.

Awesome, thanks for doing this! For your "???", Black Kids originally were on Sunday and Animal Collective was on Friday.

M Sparks
03-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Alphabetical list added. I had to remove "The" from band names to alphabetize, and didn't bother to add them back, so suck it. Thought about alpha by last name, but didn't... oh well.

JSam67
03-07-2008, 08:56 AM
So Minus the Bear went Fri --> Sat --> back to Friday --> back again to Saturday? lol

And thanks for this M Sparks, very helpful.

M Sparks
03-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Awesome, thanks for doing this! For your "???", Black Kids originally were on Sunday and Animal Collective was on Friday.

Added. And put the "THE"s back in. So, no need to suck it.

menikmati
03-07-2008, 09:06 AM
you forgot DJ Mehdi spinning with Uffie.

shakermaker113
03-07-2008, 09:25 AM
you should keep copies of the different posters too. there was a post a few pages back that had them all together.

rAnimatorX2
03-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Thanks alot for the Change Page. Brilliant!

tripzz
03-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Way cool M Sparks, Nice to see all the info in one place instead of searching thru all these post to find changes. Thanks :thu

luckyface
03-07-2008, 10:17 AM
I updated the first post and included M Sparks' link. Thanks again for doing this.

rage patton
03-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Awesome! But you are forgetting a couple. The same day Animal Collective moved, Man Man moved from Sunday to Saturday. As well, Les Savy Fav moved from Sunday to Friday.

M Sparks
03-07-2008, 10:53 AM
I'll get those up today or tomorrow. Gotta try to get my Contribute server working again so I can update anywhere.

orbit
03-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Nice. I was getting tired of searching thru all the threads in the lineup/rumors section to find the latest updates.

noisemachine
03-07-2008, 11:33 AM
I just realized Minus the Bear back on Saturday thing. That sucks. One more damn conflict on Saturday. Anyways, the page is cool, Sparks. Thanks.

M Sparks
03-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Rage & Menik's changes added. That should be it until something else changes. Which it won't now, since I've gone to the trouble. :)

Is the alpha list appreciated? Should I keep it up if it changes?

amyzzz
03-07-2008, 01:07 PM
That list is awesome. So Spiritualized is still Sunday then? God my Sunday is full of potential conflicts. :/

ghettojournalist
03-07-2008, 01:12 PM
wow. this turned into a mini-pf situation. how does it feel, M?

Cpt. Funkaho
03-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks a lot for the page, M Sparks... I've already bookmarked it.

paulb
03-07-2008, 01:22 PM
good job on the site....now, lets just hope for more adds.

BobCaygeon
03-07-2008, 06:11 PM
What is an asshat? I like it...interesting turn of phrase.

I thought it came from "Office Space", but according to this I'm thinking of "assclown":

http://www.mtannoyances.com/?p=341

victor831
03-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Thx man, way cool and helpful, I wish "certain" other people were more like you, either way thx and like someone else said now lets hope for some good additions.

victor831
03-11-2008, 08:00 PM
APEX TWIN, hell yeah thats a good one..

rage patton
03-11-2008, 08:06 PM
I don't see Aphex Twin on there...

Oh wow. Holy fucking shit.

Wait... this now basically 100% means The Prodigy won't be there. That sucks.

ghettojournalist
03-11-2008, 08:07 PM
they will be, hopefully. Aphex twin and Goldfrapp=official!

joytop
03-11-2008, 08:08 PM
The announcement is on the front page for Goldfrapp and Aphex Twin. I like it.

M Sparks
03-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Holy crap...I leave the office for a few hours and all hell breaks loose.

Since no one else seems to care...REDD KROSS! Hell yeah!

Do we have days on these? I didn't see any changes on the lineup page.

captncrzy
03-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Geez. Cool. Finally some adds.

jonnypark
03-11-2008, 09:09 PM
just looked into them and wow Red Kross is damn good

menikmati
03-11-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm too excited for Red Kross. Glad to be able to finally see these guys, should be amazing.

miscorrections
03-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Who is Red Kross? Their name is stupid but I'm trying not to judge.

menikmati
03-11-2008, 09:19 PM
only a very classic alternative band that formed in the early 80's...think like sonic youth kinda.

captncrzy
03-11-2008, 09:20 PM
When I saw Red Kross, I thought for a second of Kriss Kross.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000284P.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

betao
03-11-2008, 09:25 PM
I can not wait to see how outrageously sexy the poster looks when Aphex's and Goldfrapp's names are added.

rage patton
03-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Holy crap...I leave the office for a few hours and all hell breaks loose.

Since no one else seems to care...REDD KROSS! Hell yeah!

Do we have days on these? I didn't see any changes on the lineup page.

Dani said the days they are playing on should be anounced in the next couple days.

Who is this Red Kross you speak of? Can you suggest anything to me?

menikmati
03-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Redd Kross:

ugPj3W-zc_k

don't miss them

menikmati
03-11-2008, 09:33 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NFoxVofwVbs

(embedding disabled for vid)

menikmati
03-11-2008, 09:35 PM
cN4kgQvHFTg

rage patton
03-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Hmmm... youtube doesn't seem to want to work for me.

I will look into them later.

EDIT: Nevermind... I am watching.

menikmati
03-11-2008, 09:36 PM
NoD5S8vgA3Y

gratytrainridesagain
03-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Red Kross is a great addition never really heard them before but what I am hearing I like

rage patton
03-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Oh wow. That "Annies Gone" video... I don't even know what to think. They look delightfully eccentric and odd. And the lead singers bangs make me think he is a chick.

menikmati
03-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Jimmy's Fantasy (first vid - working now) is fucking awesome. April can't get here fast enough.

rage patton
03-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Holy shit... a young, young, young Jason Lee!

M Sparks
03-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Who is Red Kross? Their name is stupid but I'm trying not to judge.

First of all, it's Redd Kross.

Second, I believe they named themselves after the scene in The Exorcist where Regan masturbates with a crucifix.

M Sparks
03-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Oh wow. That "Annies Gone" video... I don't even know what to think. They look delightfully eccentric and odd. And the lead singers bangs make me think he is a chick.

They were a semi-hardcore punk band in the early 80's I thought you might have known them from that scene. They kind of developed the retro style in the early 90's.

I think Greg Hetson from Circle Jerks was a member for a while.

M Sparks
03-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Stars moved from Friday to Sunday.

New Young Pony Club removed.

rage patton
03-13-2008, 11:53 AM
They were a semi-hardcore punk band in the early 80's I thought you might have known them from that scene. They kind of developed the retro style in the early 90's.

I think Greg Hetson from Circle Jerks was a member for a while.

Yeah, as it turns out my girlfriend is a huge Redd Kross fan. She is soooo excited about this addition haha. She is completely indiferent about Aphex Twin, but head over heels about Redd Kross haha.

rage patton
03-13-2008, 11:55 AM

Stars probably moved so they could make room for Goldfrapp and possibly Aphex On Friday. Perhaps they finally realized Sunday was lacking in acts.

And I don't remember if I liked New Young Pony Club. What day were they on?

M Sparks
03-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Stars probably moved so they could make room for Goldfrapp and possibly Aphex On Friday. Perhaps they finally realized Sunday was lacking in acts.

And Friday was lacking in top line acts. If this happens, hypothetically, it will knock The Swell Season and The National down to the small print on a hypothetical day-split poster. Hypothetically.

And I don't remember if I liked New Young Pony Club. What day were they on?

Saturday.

ThomThom
03-13-2008, 11:58 AM

Keep'em moving, I need Aphex on Friday. Please Jesus!

captncrzy
03-13-2008, 12:46 PM
New Young Pony Club is still on the day by day lineup. On Saturday.

M Sparks
03-13-2008, 12:53 PM
New Young Pony Club is still on the day by day lineup. On Saturday.

Nope. Hit refresh.

They are off the mishmash poster too.

captncrzy
03-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Fuck me. Another one bites the dust.

paulb
03-13-2008, 02:57 PM
nice find, thats really unfortunate...my girlfriend was really lookin forward to them... they arent on the poster either...

ghettojournalist
03-13-2008, 03:12 PM
neither is Adele. i apologize for harping so much but i still don't see her name.

Somewhat Damaged
03-13-2008, 03:17 PM

Damn it, that sucks. I hope it's simply an oversight, like someone got delete happy, 'cause I was really looking forward to them. I love their song "Ice Cream."

scoop49er
03-13-2008, 03:21 PM
i was looking forward to seeing new young pony club... that one sux a bit!

sddoctor
03-13-2008, 04:37 PM
I was looking forward to seeing NYPC as well! Damn! Well, at least we got Aphex and Goldfrapp.

victor831
03-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Bummer about nypc, I was too hoping to see them, although now with the recent additions it hurts a bit less.

JClemy
03-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Redd Kross is pretty good. I hadn't heard them before.

starrdogg
03-13-2008, 08:56 PM
For what it's worth, NYPC still has Coachella up on their Myspace page. Also, Adele isn't on the poster either, maybe it's just a mistake?

M Sparks
03-14-2008, 05:56 AM
For what it's worth, NYPC still has Coachella up on their Myspace page. Also, Adele isn't on the poster either, maybe it's just a mistake?

You can forget to add someone to the poster.

You can't forget to NOT take someone off.

Also, two different people have to remove them in two different places.

captncrzy
03-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Yeah, if it's gone from the day by day lineup, it's gone for sure.

M Sparks
03-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Yeah, if it's gone from the day by day lineup, it's gone for sure.

Actually, it's probably easier to make a mistake there. Highlight the wrong line of code, Ctrl-X...it's gone.

You have to make an effort to change the poster.

shakermaker113
03-14-2008, 08:59 AM
apologies, but who is NYPC?

M Sparks
03-14-2008, 09:09 AM
apologies, but who is NYPC?

It's all right HERE (http://www.creativesparksproductions.com/Media/coach08.html) my polite friend.

(I don't know why I'm plugging this. Why would I want my bandwidth usage to go up? I didn't even link it to my actual page.)

menikmati
03-14-2008, 03:19 PM
You must be all out of bandwidth because it won't load for me. You should also consider redesigning your main site.

Cpt. Funkaho
03-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Fuck, NYPC is gone? I really wanted to see them.

I mean, I guess it makes it less likely that I'll have to make hard choices on Saturday (I'm sure there will be a few no matter what), but that's not much consolation.

EDIT: Checked for their artist page and it's gone too. They're definitely out. Fuck.

Boourns
03-14-2008, 06:16 PM
New Young Pony Club gone? Fucking lame!

Stars moved to Sunday? Also lame.

shakermaker113
03-14-2008, 07:44 PM
It's all right HERE (http://www.creativesparksproductions.com/Media/coach08.html) my polite friend.

thanks! another silent cancellation. sad.

PassiveTheory
03-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Stars on Sun.? I can dig it.

Is it just me or is this year, like, fucking batshit insane in terms of bands moving and what-not?

menikmati
03-14-2008, 08:01 PM
it happens more often than we remember. Anyone remember Armin Van Buuren to Sunday in 2005? That was whack, I couldn't miss New Order.

ghettojournalist
03-14-2008, 09:59 PM
is Adele officially added? since the official news bulletin, she wasn't added to the poster and she wasn't named in the new e-mail i received today.

M Sparks
03-15-2008, 10:04 AM
You must be all out of bandwidth because it won't load for me. You should also consider redesigning your main site.

Been trying for two years...just don't have time. I never get any business that way anyway. As long as the phone keeps ringing, I won't worry about it.

EDIT- Oh and I don't know what the problem was, but it appears to be working now.

orbit
03-15-2008, 10:58 PM
I forgot to point this out a couple of days ago, but it's not James ZaMbiela, but James Zabiela.

in the lineup per day.

M Sparks
03-16-2008, 10:38 AM
I forgot to point this out a couple of days ago, but it's not James ZaMbiela, but James Zabiela.

in the lineup per day.

Ahh...thanks, I meant to fix that. Though it's not my fault. I just copy/pasted the links from the lineup page into Word, hit Alpha-Sort, repasted.

They've still got it wrong here.

EDIT-Fixed

rage patton
03-16-2008, 10:51 AM
So Redd Kross are playing Friday. Its on the line up on the website. I just noticed this yesterday... I don't know how long thier name has been there.

M Sparks
03-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Yeah, Amy pointed that out this morning...I just put it up on my page.

rage patton
03-16-2008, 11:18 AM
I was really hoping Redd Kross were going to play Sunday. Oh well...

sbessiso
03-16-2008, 11:20 AM
wow, consider me late to the game, but who the fuck are redd kross, haha

M Sparks
03-16-2008, 11:39 AM
wow, consider me late to the game, but who the fuck are redd kross, haha

I can't tell if you're asking, or you're just being a douchebag.

Either way...this is the thread (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16840) to learn about Redd Kross, or to be a douchebag about them.

sbessiso
03-16-2008, 11:48 AM
c'mon sparks, let me tell you, i'm never a douchebag, that job is for others on here, I really have never heard of them, I laugh because this seems to be a recurring theme for me (aphex, red kross, kraftwerk etc. etc.)

thelastgreatman
03-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Does not knowing who Redd Kross is make you a douchebag now? That's setting the bar a little low.

M Sparks
03-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Does not knowing who Redd Kross is make you a douchebag now? That's setting the bar a little low.

No no...Massive Chemical Punk and a few other people were coming into any thread that mentioned Redd Cross and saying "Nobody's ever heard of Redd Kross". Including that particular thread, which was like 98% positive.

Then later, he complained that there were all these adds and no rock music. And when I pointed out that Redd Kross was a rock band, his answer was still "Nobody's ever heard of Redd Kross".

I couldn't remember if sbessio had been over there or not.

M Sparks
03-16-2008, 11:55 AM
I laugh because this seems to be a recurring theme for me (aphex

I forgot you started that thread. :)

EDIT-I enjoy helping people get up to speed on the acts from "my day". I just get irritated by the people who assume everything they've never heard of stinks, AND they've never heard of anything from more than a few months ago.

There was some guy this morning who declared that anything he's never heard of should go in the Gobi...in reference to Carbon/Silicon. I'm not a fan of the C/S stuff I've heard so far, but they're not going to put a member of the fucking Clash at 1pm in the Gobi.

sbessiso
03-16-2008, 11:57 AM
yeah man, I just live under a rock I suppose

M Sparks
03-16-2008, 12:03 PM
yeah man, I just live under a rock I suppose

No, you're just young. You were probably 5 last time Redd Kross had a hit.

Ardentbiscuit
03-16-2008, 06:15 PM
I thought the guys were great in Spirit of 76, hilarious film. How could you not like a film with Leif Garrett, Redd Kross, Devo, David Cassidy, Don Novello and others. I know it's non-music related but I can't think of them without thinking about that movie...

That's too bad about NYPC, I saw them at the Echo and wanted to see them again. :(

They did a cover of "Pump up the Jam" when I saw them...

MassiveChemicalPunk
03-16-2008, 06:28 PM
No no...Massive Chemical Punk and a few other people were coming into any thread that mentioned Redd Cross and saying "Nobody's ever heard of Redd Kross". Including that particular thread, which was like 98% positive.

Then later, he complained that there were all these adds and no rock music. And when I pointed out that Redd Kross was a rock band, his answer was still "Nobody's ever heard of Redd Kross".

I couldn't remember if sbessio had been over there or not.

What are u talking about? Im not stalking every Redd Kross thread. All I ever said is "Redd Who?" and that I hadnt heard of them. If you wanna blame me of bashing a band, blame me about Enter Shikari.

Also, I said it would be great if they added a bigger rock act instead of more small acts. Thats nothing to get dissapointed about.

captncrzy
03-16-2008, 08:52 PM
There was some guy this morning who declared that anything he's never heard of should go in the Gobi...in reference to Carbon/Silicon. I'm not a fan of the C/S stuff I've heard so far, but they're not going to put a member of the fucking Clash at 1pm in the Gobi.

I concur...they gave TGTBTQ a closing Outdoor stage slot...I'd expect something similar for two punk pioneers.

M Sparks
03-16-2008, 09:58 PM
How could you not like a film with Leif Garrett

dBh14NceZWs

JClemy
03-16-2008, 10:00 PM
The light at the end is awesome!

send me ctrpllrs
03-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Not too happy Stars moved to Sunday.

paulb
03-18-2008, 03:13 PM
The poster has changed again, on the very bottom line it says

Lucent Dossier

The Do Lab

orbit
03-18-2008, 03:16 PM
good find. so will they announce all the acts in the dome (if there are one) or the do lab in the poster this year?

paulb
03-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Perhaps, Lucent Dossier is a Do Lab act.

M Sparks
03-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks, Paul

ArcadeParade
03-18-2008, 05:01 PM
http://lucentdossier.com/

matsuolost
03-19-2008, 12:57 AM
stars looked better on friday

nbvwes
03-19-2008, 11:03 AM
i don't see why this is in Misc. Babble...

betao
03-19-2008, 11:14 AM
As it is being discussed in the Lineup forum, the Streets are no longer listed under the lineup section. We should keep an eye on their spot on the poster.

MassiveChemicalPunk
03-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Shit. Yeah they're not there anymore.

psychic friend
03-19-2008, 11:37 AM
i don't see why this is in Misc. Babble...

because you are just talking about a poster.

duh

line up section is to discuss a band

for example

Fatboy Slim appreciation thread

or

APHEX TWIN

or

[band name] discussion

geez. sorry if that is too hard for you.

captncrzy
03-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Jesus, now The Streets are gone? They're dropping like flies.

Blinken
03-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Shit is crazy this year

orbit
03-19-2008, 12:13 PM
they are making space for Prince.

M Sparks
03-19-2008, 12:40 PM
or

The lineup.

Thanks for The Streets mention. I hadn't looked at that thread because I don't care for him.

rage patton
03-19-2008, 01:09 PM
they are making space for Prince.

Thats what I was thinking... *sigh*

paulb
03-19-2008, 01:14 PM
no more Streets? sucks that they're droppin bands...but at least it wasnt a band I was gonna check out anyways.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-19-2008, 02:04 PM
seems every year bands drop off. just the way it goes

ArcadeParade
03-19-2008, 02:52 PM
because you are just talking about a poster.

duh

line up section is to discuss a band

mmm no.

poster of lineup = relevant to lineup

it is obvious most of these changes are not wanted to be advertised..

ghettojournalist
03-19-2008, 06:59 PM
yeah, this poster thread is relevant to the lineup, so your reasoning is flawed PF. i know you have your company redtape bs, but don't say things that can be negated.

dammit! someone that i actually wanted to see falls. The Streets have been on a must-see basis for a while now and this year's lineup made me happy.

PrettyRagdoll
03-19-2008, 07:05 PM
dammit! someone that i actually wanted to see falls. The Streets have been on a must-see basis for a while now and this year's lineup made me happy.

Completely agree on this. Now I can only hope he comes to LA sometime this summer

shakermaker113
03-19-2008, 08:15 PM
this could at least be in music lounge or misc lounge. misc babble is just degrading.

Alchemy
03-19-2008, 08:19 PM
When the Hell did the Horrors drop out? I wanted to see them... Dang it. I'm not super big on The Streets... or the New Young Pony Club...

But Madness and The Horrors are heavy losses. At least Aphex Twin got added.

I don't know how I feel about Stars moving to Sunday.

I highly doubt that Prince will be added to the lineup.

captncrzy
03-19-2008, 08:33 PM
The Horrors dropped a while ago (in Coachella time). I'd actually forgotten that they were on my must-see list until just now.

Thanks for bringing up a sour memory for me. I'm going to go cry in the car.

psychic friend
03-19-2008, 09:08 PM
this could at least be in music lounge or misc lounge. misc babble is just degrading.

i can change name to misc coachella lounge if it would make you feel better. let me know the votes.

ArcadeParade
03-19-2008, 09:18 PM
of all the comments to respond to, you choose that one

paulb
03-20-2008, 01:29 PM
what the hell is up with Adele? that was wack...added? when she already has concerts in another continent?

M Sparks
03-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Adele's not happening. Kevin Bronson said so, so it it must be true.

Genedefekt
03-21-2008, 10:33 AM
I sincerely apologize if this has been noted already, but looks like they are starting to post the stages that artists will be playing.

Example: On the day-by-day list, click on VHS or Beta, and you will see that they are playing the Sahara.

I haven't seen any others yet...

betao
03-21-2008, 10:50 AM
I sincerely apologize if this has been noted already, but looks like they are starting to post the stages that artists will be playing.

Example: On the day-by-day list, click on VHS or Beta, and you will see that they are playing the Sahara.

I haven't seen any others yet...

That was posted, but no one noticed it. VHS or Beta has had that listing for a few days now.

I havent seen any others either.

Genedefekt
03-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Okay, I'm giving VHS or Beta my first real listen. Can someone please explain to me how these guys are fit for the Sahara?

dontfeedthebird
03-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Okay, I'm giving VHS or Beta my first real listen. Can someone please explain to me how these guys are fit for the Sahara?

i think it's the same as people saying goldfrapp is sahara? or cut copy?

oh nevermind. i thought you were talking about speculation on stages being played. i didn't know this was legit. (crazy i say!)

paulb
03-21-2008, 01:20 PM
VHS or Beta in the Sahara? thats a mistake and a 1/2

Blinken
03-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Crazy.

matsuolost
03-21-2008, 01:40 PM
and what is ada info? why dont i have access to it huhhh

luveebunni08
03-21-2008, 01:42 PM
i can see vhs or beta in the sahara. lcd soundsystem was in the sahara, happy mondays was in the sahara. vhs or beta, upon listening to all their material, is quite dancey. goldfrapp would be too but i've read in other thread that they aren't going to cover any of their older stuff, so i think them to be outdoor theater.

rage patton
03-21-2008, 04:12 PM
So Dani confirmed Aphex Twin on Friday...

Marc, are you waiting for coachella.com to update before you update your site? Or is Dani's confirmation enough?

Oh, and she also confirmed Goldfrapp for Friday.

M Sparks
03-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Marc, are you waiting for coachella.com to update before you update your site? Or is Dani's confirmation enough?

Oh, and she also confirmed Goldfrapp for Friday.

I wasn't sure what she was saying "yes" to. I actually added both of them to the Friday list down at the bottom a couple days ago, and threw up that little rumor link thing. I've just been trying to keep the tracking as "official" as possible.

BTW, I really REALLY hope that's what she was saying yes to. Aphex on Friday just "fixes" that whole day for me. Actually, I'm worried about Friday conflicts for the first time now. Aphex, GoldFrapp & Redd Kross are my top three for Friday if they're really all going there.

Sushov23
03-21-2008, 04:27 PM
yes, Friday just got a lot better. Now we need just sunday, one more add, and it will be great.

rage patton
03-21-2008, 04:39 PM
I wasn't sure what she was saying "yes" too. I actually added both of them to the Friday list down at the bottom a couple days ago, and threw up that little rumor link thing. I've just been trying to keep the tracking as "official" as possible.

BTW, I really REALLY hope that's what she was saying yes to. Aphex on Friday just "fixes" that whole day for me. Actually, I'm worried about Friday conflicts for the first time now. Aphex, GoldFrapp & Redd Kross are my top three for Friday if they're really all going there.

I am deathly afraid of Friday conflicts. If I get to see full sets from Fatboy Slim, Battles, Sharon Jones and Aphex Twin, I will be as happy as can be. If the numerous other acts I want to see on Friday fit in too, well then even better! But those 4 are my major MUST see acts.

clumsy342
03-21-2008, 06:20 PM
I am deathly afraid of Friday conflicts. If I get to see full sets from Fatboy Slim, Battles....

I'm kind of thinking now that Battles will close the Mojave on Friday.

Last year, we had Gogol Bordello and The Black Keys to close the night.
So yeah.. It seems about right to me.

But then, I still imagine Battles on the Outdoor Theater. so...
What do I know?

rage patton
03-21-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm kind of thinking now that Battles will close the Mojave on Friday.

Last year, we had Gogol Bordello and The Black Keys to close the night.
So yeah.. It seems about right to me.

But then, I still imagine Battles on the Outdoor Theater. so...
What do I know?

Battles closing the Mojave would be a nightmare for me. I more imagine Battles playing the outdoor theatre around 3 or 4, or the mojave around 5 or 6. Yeah. Either of those would likely work out perfect for me.
Actually, what would be perfect would Sharon Jones playing right after Battles on whatever stage they play. I full realize they wouldn't make any sense... but neither does a lot of the stage pairs at Coachella. So it could happen.

redthreat
03-22-2008, 05:31 PM
I never thought I'd say this but Muse should be a headliner.

muse is a pretty killer show. i'd be down for that.

Stork
03-23-2008, 02:21 AM
Battles are fun live. Seen em twice.

whynotsmile99
03-23-2008, 11:04 AM
when was Sharon Jones moved to Friday? I could have sworn she was on Saturday. this is good though. helps relieve some saturday conflict

betao
03-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Every time I see this thread is bumped, I take a deep breath, hoping it is not another band dropping from the bill.