PDA

View Full Version : Camping restriction

Bean924
01-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Posted this in another thread but i'm looking for a quick answer. Me and a few mates are flying over from Scotland to Coachella and are hoping to crash in the camping area. The only problem is one of them is under 18 and with no contacts in the US finding an alternative place to stay would be bitch. I was wondering how tight the security are on age checks? The guy concerned looks pretty old for his age defo +18. Help appreciated :)

invisiblerobots
01-29-2007, 07:37 AM
They definitely check IDs at the campground. Your friend is going to have to find someplace else to crash.

Bean924
01-29-2007, 07:40 AM
What type of ID's required? Do they really expect guys to take photo Driving ID's and passports to a fukin festi?

Meadowsmeister
01-29-2007, 08:11 AM
yeah man, im having to take in my fucking passport, if i lose that....wow.
i was considering burying it, but then i would simply forget..

invisiblerobots
01-29-2007, 08:12 AM
I'm sure any photo ID/passport would work.

BoxBro
01-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Posted this in another thread but i'm looking for a quick answer. Me and a few mates are flying over from Scotland to Coachella and are hoping to crash in the camping area. The only problem is one of them is under 18 and with no contacts in the US finding an alternative place to stay would be bitch. I was wondering how tight the security are on age checks? The guy concerned looks pretty old for his age defo +18. Help appreciated :) They will check id's at the campground. If you have the means, I suggest getting him a fake ID in your country because the security guard here will have no clue about your I'd's in Scotland. And they wont expect your passport. You tell them you left it safe in Los Angeles where you flew into. Good luck!!

JCLimited
01-29-2007, 10:46 AM
Just get a valid "fake" id. I'm sure there is someone around where you live who looks like this guy.

davidbarr
01-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Valid fake ID of a drivers licence would be best (someone that looks the same)

If your coming from Scotland, obviously your going to have your passport aren't you, theres no way around having to take that to the festival site!

Bean924
02-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Cheers for the advice folks. Prob look into a fake I.D.

coop_uk
02-05-2007, 10:01 AM
only passports are valid ID in the states for us brits dude

jS_lil
02-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Hey, I did a post on this earlier, but it died pretty quick lol.

My cousin and I are also comming from the UK (from London) but i'm 17 and he's over 21 and we're having a hiccup on finding a place to camp - we're currently looking into some off-site campsites.

Just wondering since we're all comming from the UK, you wanna have a search around together or just hook up ?

I've private messaged your my MSN if you wanna chat about it etc :)