PDA

View Full Version : predict sahara times

buymarshon
01-22-2008, 05:47 PM
predict this years Sahara set times/order

orbit
01-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Don't worry. You won't notice the difference between acts.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-22-2008, 05:48 PM
WINNER FOR BORINGEST COMMAND EVER

malcolmjamalawesome
01-22-2008, 05:48 PM
Orbit, are you miffed that we button pushers got an exciting lineup and the rest of the lineup is so so?

orbit
01-22-2008, 05:49 PM
No, I'm pissed that the Sahara tent is about to die.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Please.

crazzz2007
01-22-2008, 05:54 PM
enough of your whining about the lack of DNB. DNB is whack.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Ewwwww who wants DnB? Orbit? They should put all of the DnB in one of those nice little side-domes that's just about big enough to fit ALL of the DnB fans.

orbit
01-22-2008, 05:57 PM
I don't want dnb, I want different things, other than the same electro fidge bullshit we are getting since last year. Bring trance, techno, minimal, breaks, idm, whatever other styles there are out there. I know there are a couple of acts who are into that, but the proportion between those and the cobrasnake ones is ridiculous. I'm not asking my favorites, I'm asking diversity.

crazzz2007
01-22-2008, 05:58 PM
fair enough

malcolmjamalawesome
01-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Very fair. I love cobrasnake as a genre also. Like, I love it as a term, AND I'm pretty sure I love the acts who comprise the cobrasnake genre. Whoopsy daisy.

crazzz2007
01-22-2008, 06:26 PM
orbit, there are plenty of non-electro acts.....

Fatboy Slim
Pendulum
Diplo
Adam Freeland
Sanda Collins
Kraftwerk
Sasha and Digweed
Junkie XL
James Zabiela
Danny Tenaglia
Spank Rock
Modeselektor

Crackerfromcrenshaw
01-22-2008, 06:33 PM
All i Know about the sahara tent is that this year They Better do something crazy with the setting, also probably doubling the size of it seeing that so many folksz are gonna be in there... But i would so be down for like 80's theme'd disco arena place, its a dream that will only be shattered.

instinct
01-22-2008, 06:37 PM
I don't want dnb, I want different things, other than the same electro fidge bullshit we are getting since last year. Bring trance, techno, minimal, breaks, idm, whatever other styles there are out there. I know there are a couple of acts who are into that, but the proportion between those and the cobrasnake ones is ridiculous. I'm not asking my favorites, I'm asking diversity.

I agree.. I hate to say this.. but there needs to be more BIG BEAT (LOL MTV TERM!)

joppy-slow
01-22-2008, 06:41 PM

I'm not feeling the Sahara Tent this year either.. sorry guys.. I really want to share your happiness.. I could care less about Para-One, Sandra Collins Kavnisky, Simian Mobile Disco, Dimitri from Paris, Fat Boy Slim, Modeselektor, Adam Freeland, Uffie (blah) Ed Banger crew..

I noticed that Coachella went away from booking any really big house or trance DJ's this year.. the only 3 DJ's listed in the top 50 are Sasha and Digweed, Danny Tenaglia and James Zabiela.

I would love to see Diplo, Pendulum, Deadmau5, Bookashade, A-Track, Justice (again).. but it just doesn't get my wheels turning like last years line-up..

malcolmjamalawesome
01-22-2008, 06:42 PM
I kinda feel Uffie will not be in the Sahara

rkawar
01-22-2008, 06:45 PM
WTF is cobrasnake

buymarshon
01-22-2008, 06:49 PM
give us Eric Prydz, Armin Van Burren. Although I wish we had Underworld and Chemical Brothers.

Daft Fro
01-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Greenskeepers woulda been tight. Actually, they'd be better in throwing it down in the do-lab.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-22-2008, 06:52 PM
oh yeah! I forgot all about the do lab.

joppy-slow
01-22-2008, 06:57 PM
oh yeah! I forgot all about the do lab.

Are they bringing that back this year??? Seeing Cut Chemist in the do-lab was very fun..

JoshTheBoyd
01-22-2008, 07:00 PM
i think there's gonna be a lot of acts that will lose some of their effect in the daytime... namely i'm thinkin modeselektor and deadmau5. from what i've seen on youtube, they're both perfect for the "as dark as possible, silly lights all around" aesthetic. unfortunately they'll probably both get thrown on pretty early.

anyone else want m.i.a. and/or hot chip in the dance tent on saturday?

malcolmjamalawesome
01-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Only if you flash that peace sign the whole time so I can find you and get to know you.

JoshTheBoyd
01-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Only if you flash that peace sign the whole time so I can find you and get to know you.

it gets more exhausting than one would think

joppy-slow
01-22-2008, 07:07 PM
i think there's gonna be a lot of acts that will lose some of their effect in the daytime... namely i'm thinkin modeselektor and deadmau5. from what i've seen on youtube, they're both perfect for the "as dark as possible, silly lights all around" aesthetic. unfortunately they'll probably both get thrown on pretty early.

anyone else want m.i.a. and/or hot chip in the dance tent on saturday?

They will put them both on the outdoor theatre stage.. Hot Chip was way too packed last year.. and too much demand for MIA..

joppy-slow
01-22-2008, 07:08 PM

so malcomjamalawesome.. how are you going to cover all of these electro acts on your guitar this year?? i'm really psyched to hear what you have in store for us..

crazzz2007
01-22-2008, 08:22 PM
All i Know about the sahara tent is that this year They Better do something crazy with the setting, also probably doubling the size of it seeing that so many folksz are gonna be in there... But i would so be down for like 80's theme'd disco arena place, its a dream that will only be shattered.

why would they double it? there isn't a single act in the sahara that will cause the tent to fill up, and i like it like that.

crazzz2007
01-22-2008, 08:25 PM
They will put them both on the outdoor theatre stage.. Hot Chip was way too packed last year.. and too much demand for MIA..

the sahara is like 3 times the size of the mojave. sahara is perfect for them

jayce
01-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Are they bringing that back this year??? Seeing Cut Chemist in the do-lab was very fun..

I thought he was in the dome?
Pretty sure it was the dome. I wasn't that out of it.