PDA

View Full Version : Best Day?

braundiggity
01-22-2008, 05:18 PM
What's your most anticipated day?

I'm only definitely going on Sunday. I like Friday's lineup also, but Saturday is sorely lacking for me; the only people I want to see at all are Death Cab, Rilo Kiley (though I know they're boring, and I've already seen them), and Cold War Kids. This is super frustrating, because it'd be hard to go for just Friday and Sunday...

In all, Sunday's the only day that compares to Coachellas past for me (Waters, MMJ, Streets, Metric, Annuals, Shout Out Louds, Gogol, Les Savy Favy, Justice). I'm gonna buy all three days and hope for some good additions, but if there aren't, I really hope I can sell those other two days.

hypervera
01-22-2008, 05:22 PM
friday the verve, the breeders, raconteurs and of course jack johnson fucking sucks!!!!!

damagedsiren
01-22-2008, 05:31 PM
friday has so many smaller acts i'm dying to see. but saturday is a close second.

braundiggity
01-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Just to add, for my own selfish sake, who are you psyched about from your favorite day?

Cydewonder
01-22-2008, 05:53 PM
i think saturday is the best day, and the only day that would sell out...if they even sell that many tickets at all this year.

ech1375
01-22-2008, 05:53 PM
roger waters !

Crackerfromcrenshaw
01-22-2008, 06:18 PM
I am stoked for all the days of coachella this year ugh im gonna have a blast

whomod
01-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Each day has one or two bands that I'd like to see but not enough to say it's a good day.

I'd have to vote 'none of the above'.

earlgrey
01-22-2008, 07:07 PM
saturday, mainly because of cold war kids, MIA , kraftwerk , portishead,
better acts that day!

bakersfield
01-22-2008, 07:20 PM
friday the verve, the breeders, raconteurs. madness could be fun too.

cansei de ser sexme
01-22-2008, 08:21 PM
i think you all are to stuck up by jack johnson to see how much better friday is.

Verve, Raconteurs, Fatboy Slim, Madness, the National, ANIMAL COLLECTIVE, Pendulum, Battles, Midnight Juggernauts, Does it offend you, yeah?, Dan le sac vs. Scroobius Pip, Jens Lekman, Vampire Weekend, Dan Deacon, Black Lips, Datarock, the bees, and modeselektor.

I already think there will be too many conflicts and i haven't done any research. For some reason i don't seem to know anyone on Saturday. I don't know 23/46. oh wow. exactly halve. nice.

Although i will admit the headliners saturday do look better.

unknowndrummer66
01-22-2008, 09:04 PM
i think you all are to stuck up by jack johnson to see how much better friday is.

Verve, Raconteurs, Fatboy Slim, Madness, the National, ANIMAL COLLECTIVE, Pendulum, Battles, Midnight Juggernauts, Does it offend you, yeah?, Dan le sac vs. Scroobius Pip, Jens Lekman, Vampire Weekend, Dan Deacon, Black Lips, Datarock, the bees, and modeselektor.

I already think there will be too many conflicts and i haven't done any research. For some reason i don't seem to know anyone on Saturday. I don't know 23/46. oh wow. exactly halve. nice.

exactly man

deacon verve madness and animal collective alone make up for jack john and then some

morphous12
01-23-2008, 10:00 PM
I like all three days. Overall, I think Sunday is the best line up.

This is going to be a very good year.

You wait and see.

Oh yes.

rage patton
01-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Friday is pretty fucking incredible. There is going to be sooooooooo many conflicts for me on that day.
Saturday and Sunday are damn good too though.

What's your most anticipated day?

I'm only definitely going on Sunday. I like Friday's lineup also, but Saturday is sorely lacking for me; the only people I want to see at all are Death Cab, Rilo Kiley (though I know they're boring, and I've already seen them), and Cold War Kids. This is super frustrating, because it'd be hard to go for just Friday and Sunday...

If you don't plan on seeing Kraftwerk, then don't even bother attending Coachella.

JSam67
01-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Personally, I'm most excited for Saturday: Portishead, Kraftwerk, MGMT, Hot Chip, DCFC, Rilo Kiley, etc.

There isn't really a bad day, probably better overall days, but Saturday is the only day where I'm pumped for all 3 of the top-line bands.

All that said, I feel like everyone will have different perspectives when set time conflicts come out.

kroqken
01-24-2008, 07:37 PM
I would say Friday narrowly wins but their are good bands on all three days. It is a matter of taste.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Saturday has: M.I.A, Cafe Tacvba, Kraftwerk, Portishead, DCFC, and Spiritualized...no dice on any other day...unless Pink Floyd shows up on Sunday...

Memorial_07
01-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Saturday can't be matched.
Kraftwerk, Portishead, Flogging Molly, Turbonegro, Rilo Kiley.
Enough said

Boourns
01-30-2008, 08:31 PM

Verve, Raconteurs, Fatboy Slim, Battles, Dan Deacon...sure. The rest are either meh or awful or not playing anymore.

Saturday is by far the strongest...it has twice as many must-sees.

SFChrissy
01-07-2009, 07:58 AM
every day of the entire festival is the best day...there is no option for me to cast an accurate vote but I'd say friday since that's the first time my barefeet have touched the polo fields in a year!!!

HEADSTRUCK
01-07-2009, 09:06 AM
I have the most fun friday cause its the first day

algunz
01-07-2009, 09:12 AM
I like Sunday, because the energy is usually very mellow. It's the wind down, and we may be exhausted but we're happy.

Y0UNGBL00D
04-02-2013, 01:57 PM
just realized i voted for the best day of 2008. whatever.