01-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Would you like to see them added?

61R0LO9Sa0k

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-22-2008, 05:46 PM
I sure as hell would

hypervera
01-22-2008, 06:10 PM
stone temple pilots is a headliner material!!! STP would kill jack johnson!!

MarkO
01-22-2008, 06:17 PM
......... STP would kill jack johnson!!

Probably literally.

brando4n82
01-22-2008, 06:29 PM
for sureeeeeeeeeee

lostsoul86
01-22-2008, 07:48 PM
STP would be a great show for friday to replace jack .. honestly sounds like if that happened it would save coachella.. but its not likely to happen

JoshTheBoyd
01-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Scott Weiland? Seriously? We could use our imagination so much better.

hypervera
01-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Scott Weiland? Seriously? We could use our imagination so much better.

haha ok keep jack johnson! stp fucking rules!

JoshTheBoyd
01-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Velvet Revolver.

There's some shit that you just can't wash off.

hypervera
01-22-2008, 08:23 PM
stp wont play velvet revolver songs.

woogie846
01-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Not a chance, Velvet Revolver are busy touring and are at the height of their career.

karecares
01-22-2008, 08:26 PM
I'd love it, don't know the likelyhood of it happening but I would most definately love seeing them again

sacleonard
01-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Would you like to see them added?

61R0LO9Sa0k

I have seen them several times, including the performance you showed (Rolling Rock Town Fair 2.0). They owned that festival, and they would be a great add for Coachella in 2008!

goodgrl
01-22-2008, 10:10 PM
ABSOLUTELY!
Wieland was born to be a rock star.
I saw velvet revolver this summer and was totally
surprised by their awesomeness.

Cdubby
01-22-2008, 11:14 PM
yup i would take this addition, really I am easy GV, just add something!!!! fuck.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Not a chance, Velvet Revolver are busy touring and are at the height of their career.

SCOTT WEILAND Says STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Reunion Is Imminent - Jan. 21, 2008
VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland has told MiamiHerald.com that fans should be on the lookout for a reunion of his previous band, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, in the coming months. The singer made the announcement during an appearance this past Saturday (January 19) at an all-star gala event benefiting the AROD Family Foundation. The event took place at the Ritz Carlton hotel in South Beach, Florida. Hosts included Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez and his wife Cynthia, who founded the non-profit organization to support programs focused on improving quality of life, education and mental health for families in distress.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS guitarist Dean DeLeo and bassist Robert DeLeo confirmed the band's split in 2003 following the release of the group's greatest-hits package, "Thank You".

"It was time to move on to other things," Dean told Guitar One magazine at the time. "Life and personalities and brotherhood took its course."

"Dean and [drummer] Eric [Kretz] and myself, I think, all feel a sense of sadness, relief, anger, melancholy about it," said Robert. "But to try and go and accomplish something with this band after we've already peaked is a bit cheesy. There's a cheese factor with guys hitting 40 trying to recapture glory.

"There's no way to go but out."

Weiland was expected to appear in a Los Angeles courtroom last Thursday (January 17), where his recent DUI case was to be continued. The singer was charged with driving under the influence of drugs after being pulled over by police in late November.

VELVET REVOLVER will begin a new U.S. tour on January 24 in Chicago, with dates confirmed through February 9.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=88936

kretz
01-23-2008, 09:32 PM
i heard the tour will start at some ohio festival in may, so no coachella, they'll obviously play southern california though.

alex97
01-24-2008, 10:46 AM
"......... STP would kill jack johnson!!"

Probably literally.

:lool

well, seriously, that would be a great add, i've always wanted to see STP live, since i was 9 i think..

shotglass75
01-24-2008, 10:49 AM
When we got back to the Indian Palms last year on Sunday we hopped in the car to drive to our rental house and STP was playing on the radio and I said to my friends how awesome it would be if they got back together and played Coachella. True story. I think eventually it might happen

kretz
01-24-2008, 05:38 PM
i could see them doing weenie roast if its not the same weekend as the ohio gig, since they headlined it 3 times including the 1st one in 93.

waxybk
01-24-2008, 05:46 PM
I think it would be awesome if STP performed!!!

menikmati
01-24-2008, 07:30 PM
No thanks. I can bore myself to death listening to Jack Johnson...no need to do it again with STP.

hypervera
01-24-2008, 07:37 PM
No thanks. I can bore myself to death listening to Jack Johnson...no need to do it again with STP.

STP plush rocks!!!!!
JJ cartoon monkey song sucks and fucking boring!!!!

chiapet
01-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Wow. I was really obsessed with STP for a few months in 92 or so. I'd go see them. I have this thing about seeing bands I used to like but am not that into now. Maybe just in case there is never a chance again. Probably still trying to compensate myself for the fact that I never got to see AiC.

luckyface
01-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Interesting (http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003702045)

They would be an awesome addition at this point.

JSam67
01-25-2008, 09:49 AM
I got STP's live DVD a couple years ago from the greatest hits CD package (with the lovely woman in the field of flowers on the inside cover) and loved it. I would definitely see them, and am starting to wonder if they could do like Portishead this year (re:the States, I know their 1st show is earlier and they're touring Europe preceding and still a little after Coachella) and do a big reunion show and then do a short tour in the coming months. Hoping for an STP Friday.

Tylerdurden31
01-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Interesting (http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003702045)

They would be an awesome addition at this point.

summer dates...sounds like an All Points West headliner...teehee

orbit
01-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Yeah, APW should get them.

hypervera
01-25-2008, 11:11 AM
summer dates...sounds like an All Points West headliner...teehee

hahaha again, i fuckin hates that festival!! the problem is that i cant get to that fest driving just for 2.5 hrs!

noisemachine
01-25-2008, 11:14 AM
I would like to see them, but not at Coachella.

Tylerdurden31
01-25-2008, 11:22 AM
hahaha again, i fuckin hates that festival!! the problem is that i cant get to that fest driving just for 2.5 hrs!

i can't get to coachella by driving 2.5 hours, but that's not stopping me

hypervera
01-25-2008, 11:35 AM
i can't get to coachella by driving 2.5 hours, but that's not stopping me

I dont live in the U.S. and i dont have enough money to go long distances. if i were american everything would be more easy you can travel anywhere without trouble :thu

prettydirtything
01-25-2008, 01:44 PM
billboard his seconded this report, and said reunion shows are imminent.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003702045

SCOTT WEILAND Says STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Reunion Is Imminent - Jan. 21, 2008
VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland has told MiamiHerald.com that fans should be on the lookout for a reunion of his previous band, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, in the coming months. The singer made the announcement during an appearance this past Saturday (January 19) at an all-star gala event benefiting the AROD Family Foundation. The event took place at the Ritz Carlton hotel in South Beach, Florida. Hosts included Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez and his wife Cynthia, who founded the non-profit organization to support programs focused on improving quality of life, education and mental health for families in distress.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS guitarist Dean DeLeo and bassist Robert DeLeo confirmed the band's split in 2003 following the release of the group's greatest-hits package, "Thank You".

"It was time to move on to other things," Dean told Guitar One magazine at the time. "Life and personalities and brotherhood took its course."

"Dean and [drummer] Eric [Kretz] and myself, I think, all feel a sense of sadness, relief, anger, melancholy about it," said Robert. "But to try and go and accomplish something with this band after we've already peaked is a bit cheesy. There's a cheese factor with guys hitting 40 trying to recapture glory.

"There's no way to go but out."

Weiland was expected to appear in a Los Angeles courtroom last Thursday (January 17), where his recent DUI case was to be continued. The singer was charged with driving under the influence of drugs after being pulled over by police in late November.

VELVET REVOLVER will begin a new U.S. tour on January 24 in Chicago, with dates confirmed through February 9.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=88936

humanoid
01-26-2008, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't really care to see them at Coachella, unless of course they were replacing Jack Johnson

SecretPrescription
01-27-2008, 11:01 AM
they would be awesome. it's not all grunge, they have some mellow ass tunes too.

stp would make me VERY happy

M Sparks
01-27-2008, 11:11 AM
STONE TEMPLE PILOTS guitarist Dean DeLeo and bassist Robert DeLeo confirmed the band's split in 2003

Wow, 2003? I seriously don't remember ever hearing/seeing them after 1994 or so. I was even managing a music store from '97-'99.

What was that song they did that ripped Pete Shelley off? That's the only one I liked...cause it sounded like Pete Shelley.

nbvwes
01-27-2008, 11:37 AM
yawn...

i'm sick of seeing this thread duplicated, like it's gonna get them on the bill...

STP = Jack Johnson = Velvet Revolver = Coldplay

kretz
01-27-2008, 11:41 AM
theyd draw a hell of a lot more people and put on a way more exciting show than shitty ass portishead or jack johnson. some people here hate everything that isn't pretentious industrial/indie. shame they wont be on the show.

menikmati
01-27-2008, 12:10 PM
I'll take Jack Johnson over STP.

TheWatcher
01-27-2008, 12:18 PM

STP > Funyons > Jack Johnson

suprefan
01-27-2008, 12:18 PM
I love STP, but they should play the polo fields. Scott has a great voice, but it just wouldnt do them justice playing here.

vogina
01-27-2008, 12:57 PM
STP > Funyons > Jack Johnson

:thu

hypervera
01-27-2008, 01:00 PM

all the universe know that STP >>>>>>>>>>>> jack

i think you must have a trauma about nirvana, i dont know, cobain hated stp, or stp said shit about nirvana, i dont know, must be something about nirvana. a fan of nirvana sounds more like a stp listener than a jj listener

Gypsy_Punk
01-28-2008, 01:55 AM
STP at Coachella? That's a really weird idea. And we just got rid of all the crappy rage fans..

hypervera
01-28-2008, 02:13 AM
STP at Coachella? That's a really weird idea. And we just got rid of all the crappy rage fans..

stp is less violent than rage :thu

alex97
01-28-2008, 03:02 AM

you're talking oranges and apples.. stp is a whole different story

Gypsy_Punk
01-28-2008, 12:00 PM
you guys are probably right about the fans, but damn. Weiland kinda makes me wanna throw bricks at shit. Maybe I'm not taking enough heroin or something.

jonnypark
01-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Stone Gossard Pirates

gibsonorbust
01-30-2008, 02:06 AM

This coming from a guy with Nirvana all over his profile? Give me a break. STP wouldn't make or break anyones Coachella. Agreed?

JSam67
01-30-2008, 02:27 AM
STP = Jack Johnson = Velvet Revolver = Coldplay

This is ridiculous. Coldplay and STP both >>>>>> Velvet Revolver >>>>>> Jack Johnson.

I'd like to see STP there, they're a good rock band. "Core" and "Purple" are as good as any band's debut and follow-up CD's, I think.

It'sTheWhiskeyTalking
01-30-2008, 02:38 AM
This coming from a guy with Nirvana all over his profile? Give me a break. STP wouldn't make or break anyones Coachella. Agreed?

Make or break is tough to say. I am going regardless, BUT, if I still lived in NY I don't know if I would be going this year. If STP got added, I would make sure I was here for it. It would be great -- I never got to see them.

It'sTheWhiskeyTalking
01-30-2008, 02:40 AM
This is ridiculous. Coldplay and STP both >>>>>> Velvet Revolver >>>>>> Jack Johnson.

I completely agree with this assessment. I might throw a few more >>>>> between Coldplay/STP and VR though. I don't think it's even close.

hypervera
01-30-2008, 11:00 AM

yeah stp would save the fest

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-30-2008, 11:27 AM
yeah stp would save the fest

the fest is good regardless of STP being there. but if they are there..... i'm going fucking nuts. they're gonna tear the desert a new ass.

hypervera
01-30-2008, 02:00 PM
the fest is good regardless of STP being there. but if they are there..... i'm going fucking nuts. they're gonna tear the desert a new ass.

maybe good but with STP better!

gibsonorbust
01-31-2008, 12:50 AM
Scott would put on a good show so long as the heroin doesnt wear off.
Haha

alex97
01-31-2008, 01:08 AM

maybe if weiland died (god forbid) this guy would have stp all over his profile... being someone that loved nirvana BEFORE cobain died, i can't help but wonder.. regardless of their wonderful kickass music, which i've LOVED for the past fifteen years or so, would nirvana be as popular, loved and praised if cobain hadn't died, and instead they'd just split??

gibsonorbust
01-31-2008, 01:37 AM
i can't help but wonder.. regardless of their wonderful kickass music, which i've LOVED for the past fifteen years or so, would nirvana be as popular, loved and praised if cobain hadn't died, and instead they'd just split??

In response to your rhetorical question: I think people wanna be apart of something larger than themselves, and the grunge movement was that for some.

:2c

alex97
01-31-2008, 01:56 AM
In response to your rhetorical question: I think people wanna be apart of something larger than themselves, and the grunge movement was that for some.

:2c

ok, before there's any confusion with what i posted..

i was in the fourth grade when i started listening to nirvana, and inmediatly fell in love with their music, as i've always had a thing for rock in all its subgenres.. (thanks in laaarge part to my older brother).. the more i grow the more i realize how wonderful it is that i was so fully aware of everything going on around me, musically etc..

and this is mainly the reason i ask myself this question...

mmm i'll edit this again later cause i think i may not be making any sense right now.. :o

SFChrissy
01-31-2008, 08:57 AM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003702045

After Velvet Revolver wraps a spring tour in support of its second album, "Libertad," frontman Scott Weiland will rejoin his former bandmates in Stone Temple Pilots for a handful of summer reunion shows, guitarist Slash tells Billboard.com.

STP broke up in late 2002; the band's last album was the previous year's "Shangri-La Dee Da." No other details have yet been revealed about STP's plans.

In the meantime, Weiland and his Velvet Revolver bandmates are still plugging away in support of "Libertad" with dates that run through early April. There's also the hope that recording for album number three could begin in the spring.

"I don't think anybody knew the second one came out," Slash admits. "We didn't promote it, for one. The first record I remember going out for three weeks on the road and just promoting, with (bassist) Duff (McKagan) and myself going to Europe, Japan and the States.

"This time around we actually went on the road way before the album came out. It's just a different kind of promotion," he continues. "People are just going to a concert, and you're not necessarily drilling into their head about the new album. So I think that had a lot to do with it. All things considered, it doesn't matter to me. It's still just a really good record."

On the current tour, which plays Milwaukee tonight (Jan. 25), Velvet Revolver has added additional Guns N' Roses and Stone Temple Pilots covers it hadn't performed previously.

"There was a point there where I thought that we felt like we were sort of obligated to do them, like people really, really were expecting that," Slash says. "And once we got a bigger catalog by putting out another record, there was a feeling like we don't necessarily have to do any Guns N' Roses and Stone Temple Pilots songs."

"It was more like Pete Townshend feeling like he didn't have to smash his amps every night," he continues. "So for a second there, that was the plan, but then we personally started missing it. They were like the easiest cover songs for us to cover because we wrote them, so we just sort of got over that."

Speaking of Guns N' Roses, Slash admits he has no contact with Axl Rose, nor has he heard material from the long-awaited "Chinese Democracy." But any silence between the camps is bound to end come 2012, when the influential hard rock act becomes eligible for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Slash, McKagan and drummer Matt Sorum experienced firsthand what could be in store based on the drama that ensued last year around Van Halen's induction into the Rock Hall. With Eddie Van Halen in rehab and David Lee Roth refusing to attend after a set list squabble, Velvet Revolver ended up jamming with Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar.

"I never even thought about it until we had to do that," Slash says. "Somebody asked me, 'Do you think you guys will be able to show up for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (induction ceremony) in five years?' I was like, 'Oh, I guess we're eligible.' It never dawned on me before then. If this comes up, I'd hope we'd be mature enough to get up and do that, but I have no idea."

When asked what his gut feeling is about Rose and the other original members coming together, Slash says, "My gut doesn't count because it's not just about me. It's about everybody. And if it was easy to predict, we probably wouldn't have had so many hassles in the first place."

F00FIGHTER20
01-31-2008, 09:26 AM

STP would definitely make the weekend for me......fyi

flowbee
01-31-2008, 11:08 AM
The dropping of Madness and addition of Kate Nash made the festival -2 weaker. STP would be a much needed boost.

gibsonorbust
01-31-2008, 05:26 PM
I love how we need to pray for bygone bands of the 90s to fill the void of decent bands nowadays.

ayates
01-31-2008, 05:36 PM
I love how we need to pray for bygone bands of the 90s to fill the void of decent bands nowadays.

I agree. I mean there are solid new acts out there. Why can't we get Billy Talent, Panic! at the Disco, and Fall Out Boy? Let's complete the trifecta of shit. Let's add a bonus band, Suicide City, to the list...why not!?

menikmati
01-31-2008, 06:30 PM

Please, continue listening to crappy rip-offed boring shitty piss-water radio/KROQ friendly bullshit, otherwise known as STP. They rock and are awesome man, god I would love to listen to those wannabe glammers at sunset!

menikmati
01-31-2008, 06:32 PM
maybe if weiland died (god forbid) this guy would have stp all over his profile

and you are just a fucking moron, next...

gibsonorbust
01-31-2008, 06:43 PM
^ You clearly didn't understand my post.

menikmati
01-31-2008, 06:44 PM
and you clearly didn't understand my original either, so there...

gibsonorbust
01-31-2008, 07:49 PM
If STP did show, id hope they would be better than, oh, say... Velvet Revolver, Army of Anyone, Talk Show, and any other orgy of half-bands.

F00FIGHTER20
01-31-2008, 09:06 PM
i don't really understand what that means.....they aren't a "half band"...and they are definitely better than all of those you mentioned.....

feel free to quote me on this........if Stone Temple Pilots were to play, they would blow away everyone else's performances.

Listen to No. 4 (1999 release...thats the name of the album for all you non-fans and fans who bailed after Purple or Tiny Music).
key track : Sex and Violence

here is Crackerman and Vasoline live.....

R-XTLpVoiuA

hypervera
02-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Please, continue listening to crappy rip-offed boring shitty piss-water radio/KROQ friendly bullshit, otherwise known as STP. They rock and are awesome man, god I would love to listen to those wannabe glammers at sunset!

Stone temple pilots is a great band and you know it! :lips

alex97
02-01-2008, 12:14 AM
and you are just a fucking moron, next...

well you got upset, now, didn't you?

boo hoo

by the way, nice manners, only a fucking moron calls a girl a fucking moron :thu

get over yourself, i bet you discovered nirvana when you were in high school...

gibsonorbust
02-01-2008, 01:57 AM
@ FOOFIGHTER20

I am fully aware of STP's content, and the band has been split and associated with so many other projects, half the band is always doing something else. They would put on a good show, they just wont make the 08 lineup "mind-blowing" or anything.

Memorial_07
02-01-2008, 06:36 AM
Yes!!!
So long as they play "Plush" last

menikmati
02-01-2008, 12:29 PM
well you got upset, now, didn't you?

boo hoo

by the way, nice manners, only a fucking moron calls a girl a fucking moron :thu

get over yourself, i bet you discovered nirvana when you were in high school...

Right...you know exactly what you're talking about don't you? Want a cookie?

Hawkings
02-01-2008, 04:49 PM
mainstream drek

oh boy KROQ....

KROQ music now is like a parody of itself, they don't find anything new or orginal, play System of a down, Lincoln Park, Sublime and RHCP (and not like FreakyStyley MOthers Milk stuff) to death. When the metal station (KNAC) in LA went under all the fans like got absorbed into KROQ and it skewed like 'asskick' type music.

Indie 103.1 (despite rightwing political BS with joe Escalante), FM 94/9 (if near San Diego) or KCRW are much more with the Coachella vibe and artists.

sonicdeath
02-01-2008, 05:01 PM
fuck I only got to see the Rolling Rock Town Fair 1.5 beta version mac OS

Ulcer
02-01-2008, 05:01 PM
fuck I only got to see the Rolling Rock Town Fair 1.5 beta version mac OS

Does that run on UNIX? If so, Yes!

F00FIGHTER20
02-01-2008, 05:23 PM

First off, you don't need to use the word bygone if you are going to say "of the 90's", it is implied...
there was plenty of praying for newer bands, i guess most people are over it.....
I think there are plenty of good bands nowadays, they just aren't playing..
Portishead made their living in the 90's, in the shadows of the whole "grunge" movement
Kraftewerk, 80's and 90's
Love and ROckets, 80's and 90's
The VErve, 90's

whats wrong with requesting to have one more (which happens to be the biggest of them all)?

alex97
02-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Right...you know exactly what you're talking about don't you? Want a cookie?

if only you were half as clever as you love to think you are...

menikmati
02-01-2008, 08:56 PM
if only you were half as clever as you love to think you are...

and if you only knew what you were actually talking about. Hmm let's see, here's what you said:

maybe if weiland died (god forbid) this guy would have stp all over his profile... being someone that loved nirvana BEFORE cobain died, i can't help but wonder.. regardless of their wonderful kickass music, which i've LOVED for the past fifteen years or so, would nirvana be as popular, loved and praised if cobain hadn't died, and instead they'd just split??

So you're assuming I love Nirvana and worship Kurt as some God like figure because he killed himself, which therefor made Nirvana bigger than what they were. You're wrong on both accounts there.

And I'm glad you enjoy Nirvana too, but I'm sorry that you probably feel his death has contributed to them being "big". Perhaps you should join the thread in the music lounge.

hypervera
02-02-2008, 03:02 AM
i really like nirvana too, but we have to admit that his death helped nirvana to be what is today. if cobain were alive nirvana could be popular as radiohead or something like that and the death of cobain gave to nirvana that little extra

menikmati
02-02-2008, 03:36 PM
no we don't have to admit that....it's like you all have forgotten that Nirvana was "big" well before Kurt died.

hypervera
02-02-2008, 03:39 PM
no we don't have to admit that....it's like you all have forgotten that Nirvana was "big" well before Kurt died.

dude, read again
nirvana was big when they rocked and kurtīs death gave to the band that iconic, legend etc thing they have now

alex97
02-02-2008, 03:41 PM
and if you only knew what you were actually talking about. Hmm let's see, here's what you said:

So you're assuming I love Nirvana and worship Kurt as some God like figure because he killed himself, which therefor made Nirvana bigger than what they were. You're wrong on both accounts there.

And I'm glad you enjoy Nirvana too, but I'm sorry that you probably feel his death has contributed to them being "big". Perhaps you should join the thread in the music lounge.

t's just a thought, i never thought it would hurt you this much.... you okay?
i never understood the big difference between nirvana b. kurt's death and nirvana a. kurt's death, since i loved nirvana before he died..

if cobain was alive today, perhaps 15-23 year olds wouldn't know who he is, or wouldn't respect him as much.. people tend to have extra respect and admiration for people who have done good work or created or contributed to something great, and being dead, what's left is all that's left, and maybe that's why it creates a phenomenon around'em..

i never got the whole "wow, i didn't quite get nirvana, but hey this dude died, nirvana's music was awesome, he's gonna change lives now" thing... their music seemed as amazing to me before the whole dark april 94 as it seems now..

you might only be hurt if the shoe fits.. an you come off as someone who HAS to prove something... if this is not your case, then you should just say so, you know.. geez.. relax..

ETA: big isn't huge.. they weren't as famous globally... i remember them being big.. smashing big, not pink floyd huge.. someone might have never listened to a pinkfloyd record but can still know who floyd are.. kids today might have never listened to a nirvana album but they know who kurt and nirvana are..

dorkfish
02-05-2008, 09:08 AM
"According to HardDrive Radio, the reunited STONE TEMPLE PILOTS will perform at the Rock on the Range on May 17 in Columbus, Ohio."

microlovebeat
02-05-2008, 09:55 AM
jeez is this a STP thread or a nirvana thread?

lostsoul86
02-05-2008, 01:46 PM

i use to listen to nirvana there an OK band .. but thats it . and well its true the only reason they are as big as they are is because kurt is dead ..if he hadnt died then Nirvana prabably would have just dissapeard like many other bands and just borken up ..
anyways BACk To STP

there an awsome band id like to see them at coachella ..but it prabably wont happen

hypervera
02-05-2008, 01:58 PM
i use to listen to nirvana there an OK band .. but thats it . and well its true the only reason they are as big as they are is because kurt is dead ..if he hadnt died then Nirvana prabably would have just dissapeard like many other bands and just borken up ..
anyways BACk To STP

there an awsome band id like to see them at coachella ..but it prabably wont happen

yeah STP

and the nirvana stuff thats something we will never know unless we get a delorian

lostsoul86
02-05-2008, 02:02 PM
yeah STP

and the nirvana stuff thats something we will never know unless we get a delorian

DUDE funny u should say that i was driving to work yesterday and on the freeway i saw a fucking Delorian !... that shit was ugly and slow! lol

Ritestyl
02-05-2008, 03:17 PM
DUDE funny u should say that i was driving to work yesterday and on the freeway i saw a fucking Delorian !... that shit was ugly and slow! lol

i am still waiting for my hoverboard godammit

alex97
02-06-2008, 01:55 AM

delorians are the coolest thing ever.. i heard they're making a comeback.. :thu

Sladokusac
02-06-2008, 06:08 AM
would love to see STP at chella this year

lostsoul86
02-06-2008, 07:26 PM
delorians are the coolest thing ever.. i heard they're making a comeback.. :thu

ya i heard that too .. if that thing could really go back in time id buy it .. but if it cant then it better be 12 sec car oon the 1/4 mile lol

DrDank551
02-06-2008, 07:37 PM
I dunno after seeing this video and hearing all the people who dont want them there, FUCK YEAH BRING EM ON!!!!

flowbee
02-12-2008, 11:20 AM
http://www.livedaily.com/news/13659.html

BOOOO, they're first show's in Ohio in May.

kreutz2112
02-12-2008, 11:22 AM
http://www.rockontherange.com/images/lineup.jpg

bludevil007
02-12-2008, 01:53 PM

WOW! That is a lot of absolute garbage under STP. I understand why scott weiland would associate himself with that less than average crew of bands (since he was in the most douchetronic band of all time - velvet revolver), but the rest of the guys, im shocked.

i mean, Filter is pretty good i guess. but the rest, jeez - this alone should disqualify them from coachella - as much as i love STP.

alex97
02-12-2008, 04:56 PM
i mean, Filter is pretty good i guess. but the rest, jeez - this alone should disqualify them from coachella - as much as i love STP.

you guess? yikes. quite de person with own opinions there...

as much as you love them? i don't think you do..

Memorial_07
02-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Aaron Lewis solo is better than Staind.

Coachman
02-12-2008, 06:28 PM
how the fuck do u no who drive a is im friends with the bassist

Coachella Bound
02-12-2008, 08:47 PM
So I guess this eliminates STP as any kind of late addition. Bummer cause that would have been huge for me. Not the biggest fan but I do enjoy alot of their music.

gibsonorbust
02-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Aaron Lewis solo is better than Staind.

Aaron Lewis' mom solo is better than Staind. :rolleyes

Im not as confident STP is completely out of the Coachella 08 future. Considering Rage's public bombshell tied to Coachella, its logical they could bill STP in a similar manner.

garrett222
02-12-2008, 09:36 PM
i saw STP in their hay day at a radio festival in Florida...they were blahh at best. No interest on my part. Bring REM instead, i don't care how many festivals they play.

No STP
No Beastie

gibsonorbust
02-12-2008, 09:59 PM
No Beastie

No Beastie...ality?

msklvr
02-13-2008, 01:05 PM
With STP and Filter both playing, they could put together the Army of Anyone reunion. They've been on hiatus for so long now.

gibsonorbust
02-13-2008, 04:48 PM
With STP and Filter both playing, they could put together the Army of Anyone reunion. They've been on hiatus for so long now.

Army of Anyone is kaput. Considering their talent I respect, they were utterly underwhelming.

msklvr
02-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Army of Anyone is kaput. Considering their talent I respect, they were utterly underwhelming.

The only good thing about AoA was the individual playing. Great playing, bad songs.

paganman7
02-14-2008, 11:06 AM

Sevendust are, by far, the most talented band on that lineup.

msklvr
02-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Sevendust wish they were Living Colour.

paganman7
02-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Sevendust wish they were Living Colour.

That's funny...but I still love them.

gibsonorbust
02-14-2008, 04:17 PM
New Killswitch album in May. Meh.

BlackSwan
02-14-2008, 04:21 PM
i would see STP if they toured and didn't play lame venues

hypervera
02-14-2008, 04:43 PM
i would see STP if they toured and didn't play lame venues

their music is the important thing!

BlackSwan
02-14-2008, 04:50 PM
their music is the important thing!

that's true, but I hate arenas

alex97
02-15-2008, 12:46 AM
that's true, but I hate arenas

yup that sucks..

fikus222
03-06-2008, 10:42 PM
SFGate.com:

"Rocker Scott Weiland has pleaded innocent to drunk-driving charges following his November arrest in Los Angeles.

The Velvet Revolver singer entered his plea in a L.A. court through his attorney on Wednesday.

Weiland is free on $40,000 bail and is due back in court for a hearing on April 4.

If convicted, he faces up to one year behind bars because he has a prior conviction for driving under the influence.

He was pulled over by police on November 21 on a Hollywood freeway and was taken into custody after refusing to take a sobriety test."

bludevil007
03-07-2008, 06:07 AM
i saw STP in their hay day at a radio festival in Florida...they were blahh at best. No interest on my part. Bring REM instead, i don't care how many festivals they play.

No STP
No Beastie

that wouldnt have been Zetafest would it???

floridastylee
03-11-2008, 11:17 AM
that wouldnt have been Zetafest would it???

ZETAFEST!!!! Yay! Memories!