PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else considering Bonnaroo or Sasquatch! instead of Coachella '08 this year?

Sundermania
01-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Don't get me wrong, the Coachella lineup this year isn't all that bad. I only saw one headliner last year and I had a blast. The Sahara Tent is going to be the best ever.

However, it's not all that great enough to get me to make the trip from New York. I can see all of those bands on tour when they stop here for much less.

That being said, I'm really going to miss out on spending a couple of days away on a kick ass vacation.

Is there anyone else out there underwhelmed by the Coachella lineup this year that is considering Bonnaroo or Sasquatch! this year?

dumbdeath
01-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Why not All Points West?

User Name
01-22-2008, 04:36 PM
As weak as this line up is, Fuck no, I'll stick to Coachella

Sundermania
01-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Why not All Points West?

Eh. Festivals out here would suck. When you're in such a highly populated area (complete opposite of Indio) like this, you'll get a huge percentage of crowds showing up for headliners only.

Also, I would miss out on the whole vacation aspect of it. I like being away from home for these things.

smoke
01-22-2008, 04:39 PM
im going to coachella. dont know if i would if i was you. i live less than an hour drive from indio.

JustSteve
01-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Is there anyone else out there underwhelmed by the Coachella lineup this year that is considering Bonnaroo or Sasquatch! this year?

how can anyone say if they don't even know the fucking lineup yet????

victor831
01-22-2008, 04:45 PM
it is a no go and most of the people I knew were going are not anymore, it's not the joke of headliners (except u portishead) it's the weak lineup, no way worth the 12 hour drive round trip, our coachella tradition has come to an abrupt end, a sad day but it's time to move on.

Sundermania
01-22-2008, 04:45 PM
how can anyone say if they don't even know the fucking lineup yet????

I mean I still want to go to a big music festival this year and Coachella isn't blowing me away. I'm just hoping that another festival will pop up with a stellar lineup.

victor831
01-22-2008, 04:47 PM
I mean I still want to go to a big music festival this year and Coachella isn't blowing me away. I'm just hoping that another festival will pop up with a stellar lineup.

ditto

nationocean
01-22-2008, 04:47 PM
yeah, the people and the weather in the other areas aren't that friendly.

i think i might go to iceland's music festival. was awesome last year!

PrettyRagdoll
01-22-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm definitely still going, but then.. I live in LA. That's only a 3 to 4 hour drive. However, I'm also hoping to go to Sasquatch this year

internal wrangler
01-22-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm going to Europe instead. Coachella's FAIL let me save enough money.

Danica
01-22-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm probably going to check out the All Points West Fest. but I don't know yet. I guess yeah it depends on the lineup at other festivals. And like someone else said, I am going to miss the vacation part but I live in Maine so yeah not paying for that plane ticket.