PDA

View Full Version : Bonde do Role

brando4n82
01-22-2008, 05:20 PM
i thought they broke it, does anyone know if it will be the original line up?

L7slap
01-22-2008, 05:56 PM
i thought they broke it, does anyone know if it will be the original line up?

not original line up... marina is out... but right now they're doing a contest here in Brazil to choose another girl... I think coachella will be her first international show... should be fun anyway...

nationocean
01-22-2008, 05:57 PM
marina gasolina! chu cha cha chu (then some really funky brass horns)

bonde do role rocks :)

brando4n82
01-22-2008, 06:10 PM
not original line up... marina is out... but right now they're doing a contest here in Brazil to choose another girl... I think coachella will be her first international show... should be fun anyway...
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

higgybaby23
02-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Anyone have the dirt on why Marina left the band? They canceled their show here in Tucson due to "exhaustion". Shortly thereafter, they broke up. Just wondering.

brando4n82
02-07-2008, 12:44 PM
it is so fucking pointless to have them without the original singer.

FUCKING LAME!

rage patton
02-07-2008, 07:10 PM
They are the second worst band on this year line up.

Truta
02-07-2008, 07:37 PM
They are the second worst band on this year line up.

I bet the first one is Yo! Majesty, hheheh I agree.

gratytrainridesagain
02-07-2008, 07:57 PM
it is so fucking pointless to have them without the original singer.

FUCKING LAME!

What about mum (not original line-up, new members) their new album blows dogs for quarters compared to their previous works.

Sushov23
02-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Bonde fucking kicks ass, I've been listening to the record and I'm loving this shit. That does suck it's not the original girl, but hey what can you do?

psychoc&ndy
02-10-2008, 02:42 PM
buncha trendy hipster shit

jack the ripper
02-10-2008, 09:10 PM

that just broke my heart. i mean coachella is the place for reunions right?, why not just one more show marina? please?

summerkid
02-10-2008, 09:55 PM

they are fun.

rage patton
02-10-2008, 10:10 PM

A-fucking-GREED! High five!

I bet the first one is Yo! Majesty, hheheh I agree.

Yeah, tied with MIA.

summerkid
02-10-2008, 10:20 PM
yo! majesty is pretty fucking terrible.

Sushov23
02-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Bonde Do Role is pretty sick, Yo Majesty is whack, and I love MIA.

andnonewasthewiser
02-10-2008, 10:41 PM
No original line up? Sadness. I like that Marina. She's got pizazz.

brando4n82
02-11-2008, 07:08 AM
just read this off wikipedia, take it for what it is.

"On December 12, Gorky and Pedro announced on a MySpace bulletin that Marina had left the band. However, on Jan 17, they were unexpectedly included as part of the announced Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2008 lineup, seemingly dispelling fears of a break-up."

I think there is hope MArina will show up for Coachella. one can only hope

Somewhat Damaged
02-11-2008, 09:41 AM
I thought someone had said in another thread that they were auditioning a replacement singer and that Coachella would be their first show with her. Whatever the case, I got their CD (and the remixes, too) yesterday and they are fucking AWESOME. Can't wait to see them. Hopefully they play into MIA. (And rage, your irrational hatred of both is really unbecoming of you. :nono)

brando4n82
02-11-2008, 10:43 AM
well, if that is true, her vocals better be fucking spot on. they seem like theyd be a reallly fun live show.

rage patton
02-11-2008, 12:10 PM
(And rage, your irrational hatred of both is really unbecoming of you. :nono)

Im sorry, but my hatred for both is completely rational.

I have TRIED to listen to MIA. When she first came out, she had HUGE buzz around her, so I decided to try it out. To me, it wasn't anything special. Her beats sounded just like everyone elses and her monotonous voice got on my nerves. Then last year, before Kala came out... the buzz came around again. I tried listening to her old music again and still, it did nothing for me. Then I listened to some new songs off of Kala, and it just confirmed my dislike for her.
The defining moment where I really discovered what the extent of dislike for her was when I was at a party. There was an iPod hooked up to the stereo for music. This popular sounding R&B song came on, I THINK it was Rihana but Im not to sure. Anyways, I didn't think anything of it because the whole night has had a wide variety of music playing. Then right after, another song came on. So, as a joke, in a sarcastic tone I said "ANOTHER Rihana song?" Then, these two hipster kids looked over at me and on said "This is MIA."
As for Bonde De Role... I read up on them on wiki and they actually sounded really promising. So I checked out their myspace. Damn was I ever disapointed. Her voice bothers me and her music is like TRYING to be funk... but failing hard.
So yeah, its no irrational. I have given MIA a listen on MANY occasions in many different moods. Im glad you all like, and I actually hope Bonde Do Role plays into MIA. Hell, why not have Yo! Majesty play before Bonde De Role too. It would make conflicts a lot easier for me.

brando4n82
02-11-2008, 12:22 PM
fair enough

jonprc
03-01-2008, 09:20 AM
new BDR lineup announced:

http://maddecent.com/blog/2008/02/29/bonde-do-role-redux-v20/

http://www.maddecent.com/blog/blogphotos/bonde3p.jpg

brando4n82
03-01-2008, 09:43 AM
fucking lame!. this pisses me off real bad, i really wanted to see the original lineup. ugh. thanks for the post though, jonprc

ArcadeParade
03-01-2008, 11:15 AM
ya that sucks

went from being a 'maybe' to a 'stars really need to align'