PDA

View Full Version : I'm feeling this year's lineup.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-22-2008, 02:56 PM
At first I was a little disappointed by the lineup but now I am FEELING IT. The Sahara tent is going to be in full effect this year and I'm going be there for it. Yeah, Jack Johnson is wack as hell (Bro-chill-a, more like) and Portishead and Waters aren't great headliners but the rest of the card is just filled with acts that're gonna rock the shit out of my brain (and your brain, too). At least for me, the headliners have NEVER been the reason to go to Coachella. There are 100 amazing acts playing, I'm not gonna freak out because this year the mainstream headlining act is worse than last year's mainstream headlining act. AND this means no Tool/Rage fans this year, and that's something I'm personally very excited about.

Yeah, some acts played last year, some acts are a little tired, but personally I'm not gonna freak out over bands having played a year ago or not having any new material when they are melting my face off. If you like dance music then '08 is YOUR YEAR. If you don't like dance music, I don't know what to tell you. Except "loosen up, square."

So anyway, what I'm trying to say is that if you're on the fence this year remember that Coachella is always a blast and even if you hate the lineup now you'll grow to love it and when the festival comes around you will have a blast (or more than one blast, depending on how many drugs you do).

Westy
01-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Well said!!

Foucault
01-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Let me just second this keen observation:

"No Tool/Rage fans this year"

brycerosen
01-22-2008, 03:00 PM
bravo

jtovar21
01-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Ditto.

thedevious
01-22-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm a dance fan!

Swiss Misstery
01-22-2008, 03:03 PM
I agree with Trick good ridance to those psycho beer drinking crazies. Personally, I am looking foward to the plethora of glow sticks that will be walking about at night. Looks like this year it all about the dance music and that is totally fine by me.

chimpat
01-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Well said,I'm down with this lineup too. Last year was my first trip and I LOVED it. I probably spent about 10% of my time at the main stage (KOL, Arcade Fire, RATM and a bit of Bjork). I was there all 3 days from 12 noon until midnight and loved seeing the smaller bands in the tents. Not to mention checking out new bands I hadn't heard of, that was definitely the best part......and the Sahara Tent is cool as shit. Throw in some soju and vodka and pretty good food in paradise and the whole thing is a GREAT time. See you on the polo grounds!!!

donkey sex
01-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Jack Johnson is a really nice guy, but I'm not a fan...even though I surf.

Wish The Black Kids were playing Friday. That might push me over the edge to buy a ticket.

coldstart
01-22-2008, 03:12 PM
It's all about the Sahara.

unce unce unce unce

ifulmer
01-22-2008, 03:12 PM
Guess it must be the drugs because half the time all you sahara nut heads are just sitting on the grass underneath your big tent hiding from the sun and missing the rest of the show. Quite the rave!

donkey sex
01-22-2008, 03:14 PM
I saw an italian woman being gropped and practically raped by a group of italian men in the Sahara tent once. Yes, I lurk and watch.

msklvr
01-22-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm feeling your post Trick. It will be a great festie. It'll be fun waiting around for some additions until then.

coldstart
01-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Guess it must be the drugs because half the time all you sahara nut heads are just sitting on the grass underneath your big tent hiding from the sun and missing the rest of the show. Quite the rave!

The only stage I ever sat down at was the Main and that was during Willie Nelson last year because everyone was so mellow :P

nationocean
01-22-2008, 03:23 PM
i sat down many times, waiting for arcade fire, sitting in the spiral mist tent.. i also ran from the war of the worlds machine... laid out from exhaustion in the beer tent after 8 hours of dancing..

insbordnat
01-22-2008, 03:24 PM

Take the time to walk past the mixing board in the middle of the tent. You won't see too many sitters.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-22-2008, 03:27 PM
this thread is NOT for discussion of sitting. if you want to sit take it elsewhere because my coachella experience is 110% high energy 110% of the time.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-22-2008, 04:16 PM
this thread is NOT for discussion of sitting. if you want to sit take it elsewhere because my coachella experience is 110% high energy 110% of the time.

A-raving-MEN!

James
01-22-2008, 04:55 PM
this thread=win. I was wondering when all the lineup-hating would let up and the Sahara excitement would begin.

Mr.Wyndham
01-22-2008, 05:01 PM
im going to dance my socks off. haha

scoop49er
01-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Let me just second this keen observation:

"No Tool/Rage fans this year"

I am a proud Rage fan thank you very much! but then again i feel like you do but mine is towards ed banger fuckwads that i have to deal with! ugh!

jayce
01-22-2008, 05:10 PM
I'll challenge anyone wearing a Dave Wang t-shirt to a motherfucking dance off.

:P

geare213
01-22-2008, 05:12 PM
i agree with trick. at first, i wasnt too excited about the lineup. but since i have been researching and just thinking about how much fun its going to be to dance all day in the sahara, i am way more amped on the entire lineup. Now that i think about it, i didnt even see a headliner last year and as far as im concerned, the headliners dont even matter

whynotsmile99
01-22-2008, 05:14 PM
the lack of tool fans is something i am very happy about as well. I am still bitter for them flat out ruining Massive Attack for me.

The thing that bugs me about this Coachella is the price increase + sub par line up.

Theres probably an 80% chance i'm going to this. Mayyyyybe Bonaroo instead if I can get a buddy to go with, otherwise this is fine. I'm sure i'll have just as great a time as the last few years.

I was looking forward to paying $200 for the presale. with it now being 275, thats like almost an extra day i wasn't planing on paying for. plus the lineup could use some some big improvements. I'm sure ill dig tons of new acts, but few really grab. Im just glad Hot Chip and Gogol returned because i missed em last year. Spank Rock too.

But...
Super Fury Animals
Tricky
Nas
Jay Z
big name Djs/electronic headliners. fatboy and kraftwerk i haven't seen so i guess thats ok.
Dengue fever
Balkan Beat Box
blackalicious
pigeon john
fatlip
Nick Cave and so many more
david grey
shit, even the musicians performing the Once soundtrack would have been nice

where they at?

internal wrangler
01-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Have you also never seen most of these people live already? This line up can only be satisfying if a person locks themselves in a closet all year, and then only comes out for Coachella OR this is their first Coachella. For many people it's not that the bands aren't good, but they've probably already seen them. Also, spending 500 plus dollars mainly on up and coming bands is not desirable as spending it with several (new) landmark acts on board. The strength of Coachella was in the originality, not the rehashing.

jayce
01-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Im just glad Hot Chip and Gogol returned because i missed em last year. Spank Rock too.

I think I missed Hot Chip last year. Definitely looking forward to seeing them.

Spank Rock was the shit, but I was way too tired at the end of Sunday night to fully appreciate their craziness. I'll be more prepared this year.

faxman75
01-22-2008, 05:23 PM
I would like to thank you Trick for bringing some peace to this madness. You are like the calm before the storm that takes place at the Sahara.

I'm guessin' it would be a good idea to follow you from artist to artist since I'm not as electronic savvy as you.

Anyway, I dig the post.

rkawar
01-22-2008, 05:25 PM
yes! we should have like a giant forum meetup before one of th acts... maybe justice?

B∞Rdomž
01-22-2008, 05:28 PM
THANK YOU!
until reading this I was the only one excited about the line-up

and is anyone else starting to get (or already) obsessed with MGMT?

damagedsiren
01-22-2008, 05:29 PM
i really idg the line-up this year, and the dance tent will be amazing. i don't go for the headliners (although i am one of the few that is so excited about portishead), the only thing i find disappointing this year is the lack of hip hop, but i'm sure i'll be happy when i get there and soon forget about it.

mysnakesashark
01-22-2008, 05:38 PM
shit, even the musicians performing the Once soundtrack would have been nice

where they at?

They actually are there under their band name (The Swell Season)...hope that helps!

Agree, it took me a bit, but I'm actually really excited for the lineup. I haven't spent a LONG period of time in the Sahara tent (I'm more of a wanderer), but I'm looking forward to being able to plant myself for a while this year in the Sahara

ech1375
01-22-2008, 05:48 PM
i really like the line up too ! theres tons of shit i want to see
m.i.a. devotchka, cafe tacvba, roger waters, portishead, justice, porter, austin tv, the verve, im loving it. it does take a while to get into put its definitely worth it...

mvanwinkle
01-22-2008, 05:49 PM
The vibe this year is going to be a lot better then last years.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Yeah, wait, who the FUCK are the Swell Season?

coldstart
01-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah, this year is going to rock! I'm really getting into the lineup....it's a creeper.

mvanwinkle
01-22-2008, 06:06 PM
08>07

elvia
01-22-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm really feeling Calvin Harris. He's an electronic artist with a-mazing beats and hooks and funny-ass lyrics.

I'm totally psyched to have the chance to see Sharon Jones (the real Amy Winehouse) and the Dap Kings perform this year.

Santogold is amazing and I'm glad she's on board. I feel like people are gonna be singing along to "LES Artistes" just as people were all chanting along to Peter Bjorn & John's "Young Folks" last year.

Austin TV will be great. I've seen them here in New York. They're a fantastic Mexican band. You can't even get their album in the States. My brother got it off a Mexican music site, and paid foreign shipping. Still worth it.

I feel like this year's Coachella is all about Sahara. Dance music/electronic artists are EXTREMELY well-represented this year. Fatboy Slim? Battles? Does it Offend You, Yeah? The Ed Banger crew (Justice, Uffie, et al)? Cinematic Orchestra? Junkie XL? Kid Sister? That. Sht. Is Going to. Mthr. Fcking. Rock.

So the top-billed headliner is wack. Fine with me. My confession? I skipped out on that Rage set last year anyway, and only half paid attention to RHCP. Jack Johnson is a less than inspiring headliner, but honestly, they're never where the magic is at Coachella. Hell, I didn't even stay for most of Bjork's set. And did anyone remember that Mica was a headliner in the day time at the fest? Okay? It's like, whatever, who cares.

The magic of this festival is being exposed to people you never would have heard of before.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-22-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm really feeling Calvin Harris. He's an electronic artist with a-mazing beats and hooks and funny-ass lyrics.

I'm totally psyched to have the chance to see Sharon Jones (the real Amy Winehouse) and the Dap Kings perform this year.

Santogold is amazing and I'm glad she's on board. I feel like people are gonna be singing along to "LES Artistes" just as people were all chanting along to Peter Bjorn & John's "Young Folks" last year.

Austin TV will be great. I've seen them here in New York. They're a fantastic Mexican band. You can't even get their album in the States. My brother got it off a Mexican music site, and paid foreign shipping. Still worth it.

I feel like this year's Coachella is all about Sahara. Dance music/electronic artists are EXTREMELY well-represented this year. Fatboy Slim? Battles? Does it Offend You, Yeah? The Ed Banger crew (Justice, Uffie, et al)? Cinematic Orchestra? Junkie XL? Kid Sister? That. Sht. Is Going to. Mthr. Fcking. Rock.

So the top-billed headliner is wack. Fine with me. My confession? I skipped out on that Rage set last year anyway, and only half paid attention to RHCP. Jack Johnson is a less than inspiring headliner, but honestly, they're never where the magic is at Coachella. Hell, I didn't even stay for most of Bjork's set. And did anyone remember that Mica was a headliner in the day time at the fest? Okay? It's like, whatever, who cares.

The magic of this festival is being exposed to people you never would have heard of before.

Best first post ever.

elvia
01-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Also, I couldn't help but think "Our House....in tha mid-dle of tha street" when I saw that Madness will be playing the festival.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Ehhh ... should've just stopped with the first post.

boyalien0
01-22-2008, 06:32 PM
I fully support this thread.

emptypoint
01-22-2008, 06:32 PM
YEAH. My first reaction to the lineup was "huh" re: the headliners, and once I read the whole thing I was totally stoked! Fatboy, Aesop, DCC, Kraftwerk, Roger, Gogol, Chromeo, Stars, Spiritualized, Metric, Cold War Kids, Black Mountain, SOLs (who by the way put on a KILLER set but will be missed by many since they are gonna be on so early). There's still likely gonna be a cool add or two but even if not, aside from the bands I'm planning to see there's gonna be a bunch or early/ midday surprises. On top of all that it's gonna be warm & sunny and who can complain about the killer sounds coming out as the sun sets behind the palm trees? Sure it woulda been nice to see Gram Rabbit, BRMC, Goldfrapp, Mofro, Ministry, Spearhead, more hiphop, a different country act than Dwight like Emmylou or Lucinda, an NWA (sort of) reunion, PE, Ed Rush, Aphex Twin, Dieselboy... but they're not gonna be there so I'll enjoy what will be on stage.

I hope most of the complainers stay home cuz it's always more fun when the stoked peeps are in attendance, besides why would you pay $$$ just to get more pissed off? If you can find a reason to not go, like JJ headlining (hello Coldplay headlining a few years back didn't f*ck it up, just made the mass exit easier) or Radiohead not being there then you're missing the big picture. Besides, it's not like you're ever gonna see a show that mirrors your IPOD play list.....deal with it.

Props to the OP for helping mitigate the surprisingly large amount of whiners with this thread!!

malcolmjamalawesome
01-22-2008, 06:37 PM
This lineup is fucking sweet with one weakass headliner. And just wait until Underworld gets announced. All bets are off.

emptypoint
01-22-2008, 06:48 PM
This lineup is fucking sweet with one weakass headliner. And just wait until Underworld gets announced. All bets are off.

Bingo! A few years late but tell me will anyone be in a bad mood when Born Slippy starts???

malcolmjamalawesome
01-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Probably Orbit.

traviscanada
01-22-2008, 06:51 PM
I agree with this thread.

faxman75
01-22-2008, 07:00 PM
It just gets more fucking fun each year. I really need to follow someone around so I don't spend the hot parts of the day away from music in the shade like I did part of last year. I think I know a lot less bands than others but this year I know more than I have previously. Anyway Rock On.

mysnakesashark
01-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Yeah, wait, who the FUCK are the Swell Season?

It is the male-female duo from the movie "Once"...Glen Hansard (lead singer of the Frames) and Marketa Irglova...great movie if you haven't seen it

malcolmjamalawesome
01-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the info, amigo.

elvia
01-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Cinematic Orchestra will be amazing, as well, I surmise. Their latest album is nice.

This is absolutely a dance music lover's year. I feel like telling all these people sippin' that Haterade, "There is still a free market economy in America. Nobody is forcing your ass to come to a festival where you don't like the acts. Goldenvoice is not ruining your life. Make the choice and spend your money at the festival that you're really feeling. Stop bitchin' that some of these acts that--let's face it--should or would not ever play at Coachella--are not on the schedule. Coachella is not the Vans Warped Tour."

Trick Loves The Kids
01-22-2008, 08:52 PM
DAMNNNNN BOY I am listening to the Boyz Noize album (for the first time! I know I know!) and it is rocking my face off!!!!!!!!!

It'sTheWhiskeyTalking
01-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Cinematic Orchestra will be amazing, as well, I surmise. Their latest album is nice.

I agree. I just gave them a chance a few minutes ago, and it turns out that I've heard a few songs of theirs. (This is where I must confess that I heard them on Grey's Anatomy -- hopefully you people overlook anything in parentheses so I don't get a big picture of a vagina as a reply). But anyway, does Cinematic Orchestra always have a singer? Or are the singers always guest performers? In which case...will they bring someone like Patrick Watson with them for the show? Either way, I am very excited.

luckyface
01-22-2008, 08:57 PM
I agree. I just gave them a chance a few minutes ago, and it turns out that I've heard a few songs of theirs. (This is where I must confess that I heard them on Grey's Anatomy -- hopefully you people overlook anything in parentheses so I don't get a big picture of a vagina as a reply). But anyway, does Cinematic Orchestra always have a singer? Or are the singers always guest performers? In which case...will they bring someone like Patrick Watson with them for the show? Either way, I am very excited.

A lot of their earlier stuff doesn't have singing, save for the Fontella Bass appearance here or there. I caught them at the El Rey back in September, and Heidi Vogel does a lot of the singing live. There was a solid mix of vocal and non-vocal songs though. If they open with Burn Out like they did at the El Rey, they are going to convert many a non-believer right off the bat.

smoke
01-22-2008, 08:59 PM
i give this thread two thumbs up!

http://blog.theavclub.tv/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/borat-high-five.jpg

Lurker_in_a_tree
01-22-2008, 09:06 PM
I've never been more excited than this year, for 2 reasons

1) I know lots more of the 2nd and 3rd tier bands this time

2) I have never heard of Jack Johnson until yesterday. So I didnt have a chance to get angry about it. Like many here, Coachella is almost never about the headliners for me. (although I like the other headliners this time).

elvia
01-22-2008, 09:06 PM
To WhiskeyTalking: Good question if Cin.Orch. will feature Patrick Watson.

Well, much like a Zero 7, Cin.Orch. is a producer--Jay Swinscoe--who works with an army of session players and vocalists. I don't know how they've got shit set up for shows, having never seen it live. I hope that GV will work that out so that most session players come from the UK. We have to wait and see.

Where I live, I've noticed that out of town acts, especially Europena, often hire session players and it usually is a nice surprise. Sometimes not.

Hmmm, after noticing the Brit hip hop act Little Brother on the schedule, I got pangs of wanting to have 4HERO added to the festival, an all-time favorite group of mine. I have no idea how realistic that is. Little Brother did guest MC duty on a track of 4HEROs.

I have to say, considering the majority of dance acts on the slate, the festival is taking on a different vibe for me--and I like it.

ttboy80
01-22-2008, 11:50 PM
great thread!

I actually like two of the headliners, which is more than the lasst two years... I am just hoping for more sub-headliners and more bands that I have not seen. The majority of the bands I am excited for I have already seen... my history is catching up with me :)

CoachellaFriendly
01-22-2008, 11:54 PM
I 100% thank coachella....thank Coachella....for turning around all the bro dog deush bags that come to the show with their thumbs up their ass's until the headliner goes on. This years for the true fans....the soul coachella goers. Less new comers this year, more veterans :). I'm fucking stoked to mellow out to all the 30+ bands that I'm into on the line up. This thread kicks ass for positivity by the way.

darrocknroll
01-23-2008, 12:04 AM
im going to dance my socks off. haha

me too,
I'm so excited!

gratytrainridesagain
01-23-2008, 12:05 AM
MADNESS

gratytrainridesagain
01-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Enough said

musicfan66
01-23-2008, 09:59 AM
I agree 100%. I've had my hotel booked since last fall, got my airline ticket yesterday. Really looking forward to The Verve again. I saw them about ten years ago and they were fantastic! Also really lookin forward to Kraftwerk, Portishead, Shout Out Louds and many more.

Westy
01-23-2008, 10:22 AM
DAMNNNNN BOY I am listening to the Boyz Noize album (for the first time! I know I know!) and it is rocking my face off!!!!!!!!!

Boys Noize is going to be insane!!!

gratytrainridesagain
01-23-2008, 10:26 AM
The more I look at this poster the more I love it but Sunday is going to be a problem I like almost half the bands on Sunday, going to be a lot of conflicts.

flowbee
01-23-2008, 10:55 AM
I didn't even notice Pendulum was on there. I have a feeling thats gonna be the highlight of Friday for me. Cant wait.

Harrisment
01-23-2008, 11:25 AM
As I've started to check out some of the bands I am starting to get more excited about this year. At this point I think we're gonna plan to go to Friday and Saturday, but maybe skip Sunday and spend that day checking out Cali since we've never been there (live in Texas.) Unless you guys can convince me there are so good acts on Sunday that I need to see.

gratytrainridesagain
01-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Sunday is not the day to be missed. Waters doing Darkside is amazing to say the least if you've never seen it. Then there's everyone else which is pretty much the top 3 lines and plenty others.

MrSheen
01-23-2008, 02:06 PM
good to see that all the complaining seems to have stopped. i'm really starting to look forward to seeing some of the smaller bands and to just be there. i fucking enjoyed last years so much, not just the bands but just wandering around! :D

Sonicifyouwantit
01-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Everyone got their rants out of the way, we all heard the booos about jack im just glad we can focus on some positive, move on/get over it, and most importantly...have fun...is that so hard?? Filter Preparty here I come!

Sonicifyouwantit
01-23-2008, 02:23 PM
As I've started to check out some of the bands I am starting to get more excited about this year. At this point I think we're gonna plan to go to Friday and Saturday, but maybe skip Sunday and spend that day checking out Cali since we've never been there (live in Texas.) Unless you guys can convince me there are so good acts on Sunday that I need to see.

just keep researching the music...one thing about this year is its forcing us to not be lazy in our music search...we are all discovering new bands even if we already know 70% of the line up.

otherwise head north into mojave desert on sunday! or the beach...

leo01g
01-23-2008, 02:41 PM
SMD is going to have everyone in that tent dancing! I cant fucking wait for Kraftwerk, Boyz Noize, Deadmous5, Justice again, Hot Chip, Institubes DJS, BUKA SHADE!, modeselektor, its going to be a damn party in the sahara!

Noble Rabbit
01-23-2008, 03:40 PM
HA!!!

This years lineup is the worst kind of shit. Only self-deceived fools could value such filth.

I assume the promoters of Coachella realized that they could still have a super profitable festival without a single 'real' headliner or big act. This is most likely why Jack the crap-weasel Johnson is headlining Friday. How the fuck could anyone think Jack Johnson is a big enough act to headline a festival like Coachella. Granted, the other two days have headliners that are much more fitting for a festival the size of Coachella than Jack looser Johnson is; nonetheless, neither Portishead, nor Roger Waters are anything special. Unfortunately, because Coachella realizes that there are enough idiots out there who will pay a premium price to see crap, they can get away with booking these artists. I only hope that this trend doesn't continue for years to come, but it is probable that it will; if you can sell out a festival without paying outrageous amounts of money to get huge headliners, then why would you (capitalism at its best).

I also want to address the post by this looser calling himself Foucault. Listen fool, you may not like either Tool or Rage, but you will have to admit that both of these bands are more suited for headlining a major festival than Jack Johnson is. You people have a problem with bands like Tool and Rage; and yet, the former transcends base aesthetic appeal on every album they release, whether it is through their experimentation with alternating time measures, or through any of the other technical aspects of their sound, and Rage is just fucking bad ass. It boggles my mind how people are willing to trade musical excellence for primitive computer generated beats. Foucault, why don't you go get deconstructed, Derridean style.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-23-2008, 04:14 PM
HA!!!

This years lineup is the worst kind of shit. Only self-deceived fools could value such filth.

I assume the promoters of Coachella realized that they could still have a super profitable festival without a single 'real' headliner or big act. This is most likely why Jack the crap-weasel Johnson is headlining Friday. How the fuck could anyone think Jack Johnson is a big enough act to headline a festival like Coachella. Granted, the other two days have headliners that are much more fitting for a festival the size of Coachella than Jack looser Johnson is; nonetheless, neither Portishead, nor Roger Waters are anything special. Unfortunately, because Coachella realizes that there are enough idiots out there who will pay a premium price to see crap, they can get away with booking these artists. I only hope that this trend doesn't continue for years to come, but it is probable that it will; if you can sell out a festival without paying outrageous amounts of money to get huge headliners, then why would you (capitalism at its best).

I also want to address the post by this looser calling himself Foucault. Listen fool, you may not like either Tool or Rage, but you will have to admit that both of these bands are more suited for headlining a major festival than Jack Johnson is. You people have a problem with bands like Tool and Rage; and yet, the former transcends base aesthetic appeal on every album they release, whether it is through their experimentation with alternating time measures, or through any of the other technical aspects of their sound, and Rage is just fucking bad ass. It boggles my mind how people are willing to trade musical excellence for primitive computer generated beats. Foucault, why don't you go get deconstructed, Derridean style.

One. Hundred. Percent. Dildo.

thelastgreatman
01-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Tool would smack the shit out of you for disrespecting Roger Waters.

gratytrainridesagain
01-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Tool would smack the shit out of you for disrespecting Roger Waters.

I'm sure Rage would too. Considering what Waters did for rock music

Trick Loves The Kids
01-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Okay keep your bullshit about Tool's complex time signatures out of this thread. PLEASE.

thelastgreatman
01-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Maybe they would, except that Rage is kinda the exact opposite of Floyd, so who would possibly give a shit what they think on the matter? Rage is a perfect example of why this year owns last year already.

carokube
01-23-2008, 04:27 PM
noble rabbit is a ******. i only posted this because it rhymed and made me laugh. other wise would have just added to my block list.

thelastgreatman
01-23-2008, 04:28 PM
I would have gone with "Noble Rabbit, hop away, ******" personally. But that's just me.

Now please, no more gay bashing. It makes Trick uncomfortable.

carokube
01-23-2008, 04:29 PM
sorry, i really honestly wouldn't have said it if it hadn't rhymed. i love gay people! if i were a man i would be gay, i swear!

emtgreg
01-23-2008, 04:54 PM
A-raving-MEN!

literally...

raving men!

Fashionista347
01-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Trick, you ruuuule!!
I am ready to dance for sure.
Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed when I first saw the lineup but Coachella is a blast in general, so I am excited.
I am excited to see that The Cool Kids and Little Brother are on the lineup.

whynotsmile99
01-23-2008, 09:01 PM
i just checked out the Itunes demos of Sharon Jones & the dap kings and they are fantastic. I want their albums and look forward to seeing them. Im glad some real soul music got into Coachella. never even heard of them before.

Every time I you tube/I tune a band i haven't heard of the more this years line up just gets better and better . awesome stuff.

jjbaldwi
01-23-2008, 09:36 PM
you guys suck @ life if you think this lineup is up to par with Coachella past. Get off the drugs and wake up and quit flushing your $ down the toilet.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-23-2008, 09:40 PM

jasonllester
01-23-2008, 09:46 PM
The degree of positivity in this thread is awesome. I'm glad I'm not the only one in love with the lineup, because it seemed that way for a while.

elvia
01-24-2008, 12:10 AM
This year's Coachella is for anyone who...

...Got completely bored and felt hopeless about his friends' musical tastes during the Rage set as they were standing on the fringes of the crowd, and then wandered over to notice the stills from "The Warriors" on a big screeen at the Gobi tent, and proceeded to gleefully bask in the zaniness of the Teddybears show.

....repeated the same procedure at Spank Rock's show, except grinding their ass to the floor, pushing hands up 'til the end of that night's performances. You got to your car with tenitis and a scratchy throat and fucking loved yourself.

----wandered into Junior Boys' show as "In the Morning" started up. As you stood there captivated by melody and and a steady, deep bassline, you realized that you wanted to follow this band around the country.

----was dancing to the sounds of the Rapture's "Olio" at their performance, then saw the guys slip onstage, grab their intruments and seamlessly continue playing the song live and then singing...and your endorphins suddenly seemed to flood your bloodstream.

If you remember any of these magical moments, then this year's Coachella lineup is for you.

musicfan66
01-24-2008, 05:48 AM
HA!!!

Actually, I think this years lineup is much better than last year. And, I'm glad that there isn't a headliner like RATM or tool. Some idiot Tool fans almost ruined my enjoyment of Massive Attack in 2006 until I moved closer to the stage. Yeah, Jack Johnson would not have been my choice to headline (how about The Verve?), but with other stages WHO CARES!!???

morelifefucker
01-24-2008, 06:24 AM
it couldve been worse....it couldve went back to being a 2 day festival....it couldve been cancelled all together .... shit, someone shittier couldve headlined
on friday . its still gonna be bad ass ....

johnnypolite
01-24-2008, 06:45 AM
Focus on the positives and ignore the negatives.

faxman75
01-24-2008, 06:48 AM
----was dancing to the sounds of the Rapture's "Olio" at their performance, then saw the guys slip onstage, grab their intruments and seamlessly continue playing the song live and then singing...and your endorphins suddenly seemed to flood your bloodstream.

If you remember any of these magical moments, then this year's Coachella lineup is for you.'

Forgot about that. Pretty fucking amazing. I was one who watched Rage from the fringes and giggled.

That reminds me, I hope to god they don't have those Hulkamania/MIlitary style impeach headbands and arm bands. That was pretty umm silly.

sbessiso
01-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Actually, I think this years lineup is much better than last year. And, I'm glad that there isn't a headliner like RATM or tool. Some idiot Tool fans almost ruined my enjoyment of Massive Attack in 2006 until I moved closer to the stage. Yeah, Jack Johnson would not have been my choice to headline (how about The Verve?), but with other stages WHO CARES!!???

i agreee wholeheartidly

while one minute i say yes im going and the other minute i say no, i ultinately still wanna go, already started research on some of the bands and have my fingers crossed that the additions will be good enough to just put this coach over

at least theres no angry rap metal!!

edit: just listened to chromeo, looks like im gunna be rolling a lot at coach, and theyre real cute to boot!

drugks Gillespie
01-24-2008, 11:12 AM
The lineup is solid. The crowd will be better. I love Tool about as much as anything, but some of their fans are simply insufferable. I think the band would agree.