PDA

View Full Version : Drinking

CiaranIRE
01-22-2008, 02:51 PM
I will probably have to go to coachella, but I have no interest in seeing any bands so I presume I'll be around the campsite a fair bit.

Can you bring your own booze?(even though they say you cant, they say the same at Rock Wercther and you can)

Are there many bars on the camp site? How much is a pint and what time does the bar open to/until?

boarderwoozel3
01-22-2008, 04:42 PM
You can totally get booze in. Just don't be super obvious and you'll be a-ok. There is a bar in the campsite but its way overpriced. I think it was $7 for a 16oz beer last year but if the ticket prices are any indication thats only going to go up.

smoke
01-22-2008, 04:45 PM
I will probably have to go to coachella, but I have no interest in seeing any bands so I presume I'll be around the campsite a fair bit.

so are you just going to buy a camping pass and chill at the campgrounds all day?

fasttrack
01-22-2008, 04:52 PM
sounds boring.

BROKENDOLL
01-22-2008, 10:42 PM

Can you bring your own booze?(even though they say you cant, they say the same at Rock Wercther and you can)

Are there many bars on the camp site? How much is a pint and what time does the bar open to/until?
For someone who's concerned about the price of beer and has no interest in the music, why the hell would you go sit in the camp area from open to close? Sounds alittle ill-gotten to me...No?

GauchoGuy17
01-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Well vodka is clear.

So is water.

I'm sure you can see where one could go with that.

In my experience the last two years, the security guards couldn't really give a shit. They take a glance in your bag and cooler, maybe move the top layer of stuff a little bit, but that's the extent of their search.

CiaranIRE
01-23-2008, 02:24 AM
I'm travelling with 15 or so other people from europe for 10 days, if the majority still want to go the festival, we all have to go. But the line up is so deperate, I wouldnt be into any band playing.

Does the bar on the campsite open late? like after 1am?

mvanwinkle
01-23-2008, 02:29 AM
why don't you check out some bands just because jack johsnon and pink floyd is the only thing you are familiar with doesnt mean the line-up is weak

MonsoonSeason
01-23-2008, 07:06 PM
last year some dude in the camping all alone circuit brought in a whole lot of beer, so

tip your bag checker

billtino
01-23-2008, 08:23 PM
The campsite is a good place to be to booze it up in the AM, before ppl start going into the venue. why anyone would want to stay in the campsite and not go in is beyond me. there's something for everyone inside, even if u don't have any band in particular to see.
on the topic of bringing in alcohol to the campsite. just leave the booze in the car, check in, setup your tent, get all situated, then go back to your car/van and bring in your alcohol thru the re-entry gate (no security seaches). ppl were actually wheeling in wagons full of beer and hard liquor in plane site w/o any troubles f/ the staff....but seriously, at least go in and dance like a fool in front of the strange art.

aphrael
01-23-2008, 09:23 PM
The campsite is also a good place to booze up at night after leaving the venue; beer that's been chilled in a cooler all day is a nice, refreshing counterpoint to the heat ... and it's much easier to fall asleep in the noisy campground if you're a little bit (ok, a lotta bit) buzzed.