PDA

View Full Version : ADA camping

bigwheelie2000
01-22-2008, 03:26 PM
this is an email i wrote to info@coachella.com, i was wondering if anyone on the board could enlighten me on the subject with past experiences or whatever:

i am a power wheelchair user and i would really like to attend coachella this year. my dilemma is that i will not have transportation to & from the festival each day, so the only way i will be able to attend is onsite camping. on coachella.com it states that there will be no electrical outlets provided & no generators allowed. i need electricity to charge my power wheelchair. is there any possible way electricity could be provided or i could be allowed to bring a generator to charge my wheelchair so onsite camping can be wheelchair accessible and ADA compliant and so i can have an equal opportunity to attend the festival? please get back to me.

thanks,
(my name)

p.s. what is "onsite lodging"? i saw a link on coachella.com, but it led nowhere. could this be a more viable option for me?

psychic friend
01-22-2008, 03:33 PM
There are tons of plugs at the cyber cafe, where people plug in there cell phone recharges. Also Im pretty sure the medical people would let you use their power to charge. or Head of camping. They would not leave you with a dead power wheelchair.