PDA

View Full Version : Wake Up People

nationocean
01-22-2008, 01:42 PM
SUM SUM SUMMA TIIIIME!

Tylerdurden31
01-22-2008, 01:44 PM
bunch of repeat bands with no new material.

you're an idiot...this statement proves it

whynotsmile99
01-22-2008, 01:45 PM
i'll give you bonafide lovin do do do

vogina
01-22-2008, 01:46 PM

your like that annoying kid in school who points out the obvious but at the same time was oblivious to everything else that mattered.

tripcalifornia
01-22-2008, 01:47 PM
The fact is Golden Voice is starting the process of watering down Coachella just like every other endeavour. The fact is the east coast festival has nothing to do with Coachella, it's ethics or anything, it's just another expansion for Golden Voice and they are using Coachella's name and rep to launch it.

The fact also is that the east coast festival is getting Radiohead and Coachella isn't. We just get Jack Johnson and a bunch of repeat bands with no new material.

Don't kid yourself with Roger Waters, he's been touring with Dark Side forever now, it's nothing special and it's just another way to rip people off. If you don't voice your opinions and e-mail/call etc to Golden Voice and get noticed - then Coachella will just be another crap festival with crap bands and no edge anymore.

That's why you should keep complaining and letting GV know. Soon the line up will be so distorted and prices will be so high that it has lost all meaning.

Sooooo...guess you wont be going. That's too bad that all that seems important to you is who's headlining. The festival that we're all paying for is so much more to so many others, I'm sad for you that you haven't experienced that. :sorry

M Sparks
it's just another expansion for Golden Voice and they are using Coachella's name and rep to launch it.

No, they are using Goldenvoice's name and rep.

Don't kid yourself with Roger Waters, he's been touring with Dark Side forever now, it's nothing special

I'll give you that, though I don't know who exactly is "kidding themselves".

C DUB YA
There are a lot of bands coming back with no new material.

just sayin

aen90
umm yeah....

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e74/elinfiel9/1jack1cupoi3.jpg

Tylerdurden31
01-22-2008, 01:49 PM
your like that annoying kid in school who points out the obvious but at the same time was oblivious to everything else that mattered.

that's me...

yes we get it...the headliners "suck"

that's never EVER been what coachella's about. The undercard is always superior. This year is no exception. If you people took your heads out of your asses and tried listening to the other bands and forget for a second that Jack Johnson is playing, you might actually like it. go fuck yourself

neverclever
01-22-2008, 01:50 PM

no no, his eyeglasses haven't been updated. he thinks 3 bands are playing. wait, no, portishead is in big enough letters... last time they played was 1996-97 at the Palladium or something? Maybe he's 1000!

nationocean
01-22-2008, 01:51 PM
i'm just a shit starter.

i've been going to coachella for years.
the only headliner with anything new is portishead.
it's not just the headliners.. but that has been said a hundred times on here..

glad you all feel like spending a thousand bucks for some half assed festival. don't complain as the line ups get worse the next few years.

nationocean
01-22-2008, 01:54 PM
hmm.. how many bands have i seen on that poster... about all but 15. so i know what the fuck i'm talking about.

Tylerdurden31
01-22-2008, 01:55 PM
hmm.. how many bands have i seen on that poster... about all but 15. so i know what the fuck i'm talking about.

and how many have you seen @ coachella?

vogina
01-22-2008, 01:56 PM
If you people took your heads out of your asses and tried listening to the other bands and forget for a second that Jack Johnson is playing, you might actually like it. go fuck yourself

neverclever
01-22-2008, 02:09 PM
i'm just a shit starter.

i've been going to coachella for years.
the only headliner with anything new is portishead.
it's not just the headliners.. but that has been said a hundred times on here..

glad you all feel like spending a thousand bucks for some half assed festival. don't complain as the line ups get worse the next few years.

hehe, i dunno, i don't think the whole "using the brand name" is valid. if you can get radiohead there you could call the festival "loserpaloochellagoosearoo" and people will still go. just last year the tickets were going for $???? dollars because of rage and I think this MAY or may not be a response to that as well. not to mention the competition of OTHER festivals out there. coachella could EASILY sell it's soul and turn it into a BroChella with a bunch of Hoobastank, Linkin Park, Incubus and Vanilla Ice (joke) and shit and it'll be more "successful". they're obviously NOT going for just the money but to giving us a UNIQUE show. seriously, i'd never pay $70+ just to see Roger Waters but i am very excited to see him at coachella. and as always the "sub" bands are the real soul of coachella.

antics823
01-22-2008, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=nationocean;423369]

The fact also is that the east coast festival is getting Radiohead and Coachella isn't. We just get Jack Johnson and a bunch of repeat bands with no new material.

QUOTE]

When will the east coast festival info be released? Does anyone know?

fober
01-22-2008, 02:21 PM
I hadn't realized people would have trouble living without Coachella.

It's a music festival, not a life necessity.

Jakewc151
01-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Right now is just speculation whether Radiohead will be at the east cost fest or not, but that's besides the point. If you were knowledgeable on this topic you'd realize that Radiohead has said in numerous press reports that they are refusing to play shows this year at any venue which requires a mass migration of people flying, driving etc... They only play at venues with close proximity to public transportation and in larger cities where people can carpool.. This may even be Radioheads last tour due to their carbon footprint which they have just got done for their last tour.

tripcalifornia
01-22-2008, 03:11 PM
I hadn't realized people would have trouble living without Coachella.

It's a music festival, not a life necessity.

actually, it is a necessity