PDA

View Full Version : What are you excited about?

Stefinitely Maybe
01-29-2007, 05:15 AM
Things I am currently excited about, in vague chronological order:

-"Wincing The Night Away" by The Shins. It's ace! Normally I'd be listening to it all the time, but I have been too busy listening to...
-"Neon Bible" by The Arcade Fire. I got it on Friday and I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO IT. Will probably be my album of the year.
-Y The Last Man. An awesome comic book. I finished the third volume last night. Man it's so exciting, I want to know what happens next!
-The competition we ran on the sonicflyer myspace (http://www.myspace.com/sonicflyer), which has already been won by some Japanese girl. The fact that there's sonicflyer posters up in Hollywood right now feels really weird and exciting!
-The email I got from a promoter this morning saying he thinks sonicflyer are "absolutely brilliant" and asking to meet us next week, and offering me a free +1 to see the Arcade Fire in London in March any night I want!! Man!
-The sonicflyer gig tomorrow night! (I am also a bit nervous though cause we have some manager chaps coming to meet us. Argh!)
-The Superbowl! Chicago v Indianapolis! Sunday night! I hope the Colts win but they probably won't!
-Seeing Lady Sov at the Scala next Wednesday!
-The sonicflyer gig on February 16th! (I am also a bit nervous though cause Razorlight's manager will be there to see us. Argh!)
-All the other sonicflyer gigs coming up!
-Seeing The Rapture and Shiny Toy Guns at the London Astoria on 20th February!
-Seeing the Arcade Fire at Brixton Academy on 16th March (thanks to aforementioned promoter)!
-Going to LA in April!!!! 82 days to go! I can't wait!
-Coachella!!!!!!!!! 88 days to go! So many amazing bands! RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!
-Going to Las Vegas from Palm Springs, after the festival! Sunshine and GAMBLING! 91 days to go!
-Indiana Jones 4! Is it ever going to come out!? Argh!

What are YOU excited about?

kreutz2112
01-29-2007, 12:55 PM
I am excited for you

ghettojournalist
01-29-2007, 12:56 PM
new spider-man
new bjork, kings of leon, dizzee rascal, kaiser chiefs
captain n on dvd
plenty of others i can't remember.

bballarl
01-29-2007, 12:57 PM
I think we finally got some decent demos recorded for my group, so I'm excited. They aren't what I want them to be in terms of a finished product, but they are better than those that were done previously. All first takes on guitar and drums and first takes on vocals. Two overdubs (one vocal, one guitar). There will be more, but they won't be fleshed out to the point I want yet. Which is fine, they're demos. Hopefully we can get shows.

J~$$$
01-29-2007, 12:58 PM
I will be super excited and scream and make signs and be all like AHHHHHHH WOOOOO SONICFLYER!!!! STEF AND CO. RULE UR FACE!!!!! If you get me a wrist band for SXSW.

Stefinitely Maybe
01-29-2007, 12:59 PM
We're still not even sure if we can make it to SXSW... we are going to talk to the manager guys tomorrow.

Also, this excites me:

http://pics.livejournal.com/spikevicious/pic/00067rze

downingthief
01-29-2007, 01:16 PM
That's brilliant, Stef!

CuervoPH
01-29-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm excited that one theater finally got "Pan's Labyrinth" and "Volver" here (and "Last King Of Scotland", worth it for Forest Whitaker's performance), and I'm excited about seeing The Hold Steady in March, and I'm excited about starting my new job on February 14th, and I'm excited that I've just managed to create one hell of a run-on sentence.

edit: yeah, the cat thing is awesome.

chairmenmeow47
01-29-2007, 02:11 PM
i'm excited for snowboarding in a few weeks and greece next year. i'm also excited to have a newly remodled bathroom by next week :)

ghettojournalist
01-29-2007, 02:21 PM
i'm excited that a theater brought "pan's labyrinth", "children of men", "the queen", "babel", and "the departed" to my neck of the woods at the same time.

bmack86
01-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Where're you snowboarding? I'm excited about finishing my papers and having some time to breath, and about turning 21 in exactly 2 weeks, and seeing Grizzly Bear, and hopefully having enough snow at Mammoth to be able to use my season pass finally.

thinnerair
01-29-2007, 02:38 PM
pans labyrinth was excellent.

im excited about the 2007 kickball season preparation going smoothly. lots of sponsors are stepping up and offering quite a bit of cash to help out.
a great new venue donated their space for a fundraiser party.

i ll be debt free by the close of 2007

the new gym im joining has a pool and is insanely cheap

CheersDarlin
03-08-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm excited about seeing 300 tomorrow! wooo

AEversW
03-08-2007, 08:20 PM
i cant wait for baseball to be back on tv!

bmack86
03-08-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm excited for the end of the quarter and the rush of shows that come with it.

echolalia
03-08-2007, 08:23 PM
http://www.coachella.com/images/mainPoster.jpg

menikmati
03-08-2007, 08:27 PM
hmmm, nothing in the next few weeks

Alchemy
03-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Spring break

Lounge Fly
03-08-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm going to see 'The Tragically Hip' 2 nights in a row this weekend in Buffalo. Also another kick ass weekend in Montreal at the end of the month with sick tickets for the Sabres/Habs game and then Vegas Easter weekend.
The beginning of my year has been very chill so far (except for seeing the 'Hip' back in Ottawa super bowl weekend) so the next month is going to be good times!!!

All That I Am
03-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Seeing 300 with my friends tomorrow.
There was drunken talk about all of us showing up in red speedo's and dolar store helmets. I'll laugh my ass of if just one of us shows up like that.

C DUB YA
03-08-2007, 09:44 PM
excited to see the 300 movie

Klaxons cd

Albert Hammond Jr concert

new furniture

The View cd

sand volleyball starts up in a month

Cubs baseball

watching my little boy grow

DeltaSigChi4
03-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Everything. And nothing.

E

slurpee
03-08-2007, 10:21 PM
I am excited to stop working 50 hours a week, ditched full time college for a few days, and Coachella out.

Tylerdurden31
03-09-2007, 05:53 AM
I'm excited forrrrrrr:

Getting a MacBook after I get my tax refund.

Taking some time to figure out what the hell my band is gonna do.

The possibility of Daft Punk touring.

The rumors of Daft Punk and Pearl Jam doing lollapalooza.

Explosions in the Sky on march 20th.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (even though I suck at smash bros.)

The trip to the Smokey Mountains in August.