PDA

View Full Version : For those who go to Coachella to check out new music....

timmyX
01-22-2008, 12:49 PM
How big is your trust fund?

It's unbelievable how many people on here defend the lineup by saying they go to find new music. That's what myspace and mp3s are for. I didn't know so many people were willing to drop a couple grand to see bands they might like.

It's my first post. Piss off.

Trailmix
01-22-2008, 12:54 PM
While I think this line up is weaker than years past I do go to see new bands as well as some bands I am familiar with. In the past even if I like the headliners I have not been as interested. It is kind of the point of a festival. You see some bands you know and like and hopefully leave with some new bands. I have left every Coachella I have attended with at least one band I did not know much about before ending up in the like column. If you are looking just for bands you want to see attend single concerts and not festivals.

tripcalifornia
01-22-2008, 12:57 PM
I drop the money I do on Coachella for the whole EXPERIENCE, the music is a part of that, but then there's also the camping community adventures, new friends, Do-Lab area, and THE VIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luveebunni08
01-22-2008, 01:00 PM
How big is your trust fund?
I didn't know so many people were willing to drop a couple grand to see bands they might like.

i'm a fan of music. before coachella i would see whatever actually came through my state, which wasn't much, and would travel for the rest. since coachella i don't have to travel as much to see a number of good shows. i drop about $500 or so to go and i don't really have to travel the rest of the year.

almost famous said it best,
"They don't even know what it is to be a fan. Y'know? To truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band, so much that it hurts."

pandaroo
01-22-2008, 01:00 PM
you can really tell if a band is awesome if you see them live. Coachella is a virtual music store really. and i dont know anyone whos spends a couple grand to go to coachella. maybe from europe.

paganman7
01-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Trust fund?

Go fuck yourself junior. Some of us work damn hard and bust our ass so we can afford things like this.

FakePlasticMe
01-22-2008, 01:56 PM
A few grand? Jesus, where are you coming from, Japan? I come from Chicago every year and the most I spend is 700 (including airfare, food, tickets, etc).

wakeupyounger
01-22-2008, 02:06 PM
I don't agree with this thread.