PDA

View Full Version : Simple Observation This Year VS. Last

normalone75
01-22-2008, 11:29 AM
It has come to my attention that after looking at last years poster there are approx. 5 more artists on Sunday, than this year. Does this mean we will see some additions on sunday or is Rodger Waters set 3 hrs long? I would say there are more slots available.

microlovebeat
01-22-2008, 11:30 AM
if his set was three hours long......................my god. LAME.

Wheres the beef?
01-22-2008, 11:51 AM
It has come to my attention that after looking at last years poster there are approx. 5 more artists on Sunday, than this year. Does this mean we will see some additions on sunday or is Rodger Waters set 3 hrs long? I would say there are more slots available.

Its because of Roger Waters.

Also, they only have to have the minimum 20 bands per day so if we get more thats cool.

normalone75
01-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Its because of Roger Waters.

Also, they only have to have the minimum 20 bands per day so if we get more thats cool.

So Waters set is really long right? Im guessing at least 2 hrs? Or close?

pandaroo
01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
the length of dark side of the moon

quicksand
01-22-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm also curious to see how long his set is

rage patton
01-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Roger Water wont ONLY be playing Dark Side of The Moon...

I am betting he gets between 90 and 120 mins. No more. No less.

SnowShoe
01-22-2008, 12:03 PM
the length of dark side of the moon

In the press conference, Paul specifically explained the Roger Waters set as:

he starts with some hits
then plays Dark Side in its entirety
then plays music from the wall

it's probably 2 hours minimum.

thelastgreatman
01-22-2008, 12:09 PM
At least two hours. They've got a lot riding on how awesome that will be, I can't imagine they're going to want to limit the most interesting performance of the weekend. Here's what I'm hoping for, copying the set list he used all tour last year and bolding the songs that should be excluded.

Set One

In the Flesh
Mother
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts II - V)(abridged)
Have a Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Southampton Dock
The Fletcher Memorial Home
Perfect Sense, Parts 1 and 2
Leaving Beirut
Sheep

Set Two (The Dark Side of the Moon)

Speak to Me/Breathe
On the Run
Time/Breathe (Reprise)
The Great Gig in the Sky
Money
Us and Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse

Encore
The Happiest Days of Our Lives
Another Brick in the Wall, Part II
Vera
Bring the Boys Back Home
Comfortably Numb

Take those out, you have the most amazing concert I've ever been to easily.

microlovebeat
01-22-2008, 12:11 PM
you haven't been to very many concerts then.

thelastgreatman
01-22-2008, 12:13 PM
God, your dumb ass is going on ignore now finally. Go hang out with the rest of the monkeys, little kid.

normalone75
01-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Damn. I was hoping someone was going to agree and say that they thought several artists would be added. I am NOT going to Roger Waters.

orbit
01-22-2008, 12:16 PM
So, will he improve his usual set up (big screen and light show)?

kaeso
01-22-2008, 12:19 PM
There is certainly room for it. If ticket sales lag, they will probably try to add enticing artists.

thelastgreatman
01-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Well his set up last year from what I've seen was pretty fucking impressive, but Paul did mention something about how Waters was going to be doing something "very special" for this show, I think.

tripcalifornia
01-22-2008, 12:21 PM
I don't know why "Dark Side of the Moon" would be specifically listed if he was going to be playing some of his other stuff. Otherwise, wouldn't they have just listed "Roger Waters" by itself? Considering the history of the set times at Coachella, my bets are that it's only Dark Side for this event. Trust me, we would only be so lucky to have him perform the other stuff. I've seen him live a few years ago, un-freakin-believable!!!! Really, all the people saying more than Dark Side would be too much or suck, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT...to each their own, though

summerkid
01-22-2008, 12:23 PM
he wont' be excluding bring the boys back home there is no way. You can bank on that being played with pictures of the Iraq War in the backround.

summerkid
01-22-2008, 12:24 PM
I don't know why "Dark Side of the Moon" would be specifically listed if he was going to be playing some of his other stuff. Otherwise, wouldn't they have just listed "Roger Waters" by itself? Considering the history of the set times at Coachella, my bets are that it's only Dark Side for this event. Trust me, we would only be so lucky to have him perform the other stuff. I've seen him live a few years ago, un-freakin-believable!!!! Really, all the people saying more than Dark Side would be too much or suck, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT...to each their own, though

because he will be playing dark side of the moon in its entirety start to finish, but he will play other stuff trust me. I just saw him on this tour.

tripcalifornia
01-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Well his set up last year from what I've seen was pretty fucking impressive, but Paul did mention something about how Waters was going to be doing something "very special" for this show, I think.

Maybe have David Gilmour join him on stage......:pulse

Cdubby
01-22-2008, 01:15 PM
God, your dumb ass is going on ignore now finally. Go hang out with the rest of the monkeys, little kid.

I agree completely, every fucking thread.

Death
01-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Maybe have David Gilmour join him on stage......:pulse

If Gilmour walked out on that stage with Waters, it would be worth every dime I'm spending and the cleaning bill for shitting my pants.

Ritestyl
01-22-2008, 02:21 PM

you are a child

thestripe
01-22-2008, 02:30 PM
I think you have to get over Gilmore not being there...just say'n. Waters is going to play Dark Side of the Moon, and then some cuts off of the Wall, with extra emphasis on the stage show.

sacleonard
01-22-2008, 04:02 PM
because he will be playing dark side of the moon in its entirety start to finish, but he will play other stuff trust me. I just saw him on this tour.

I agree. DSOTM runs about 45-50 minutes, so it's simply the centerpiece of his set. Paul said that he would play some older material, then DSOTM, then a few other songs.

breakjaw
01-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Is he gonna have all those little kids running out on stage during Another Brick In The Wall,like he did recently for that other concert?If so,Michael Jackson could be a possibility.

thelastgreatman
01-22-2008, 05:51 PM
you are a child

Ah, fuck it, you too. I'm throwing everybody on ignore, there's too much to read anyway.

scoop49er
01-22-2008, 05:56 PM
if roger is smart, he will start with the dark side of the moon set, then come back and do a mix of all his hits . ID GIVE HIM 90-105 MIN

scoop49er
barrett was the soul of pink floyd, gilmour was the heart, roger was the brains

crazzz2007
At least two hours. They've got a lot riding on how awesome that will be, I can't imagine they're going to want to limit the most interesting performance of the weekend. Here's what I'm hoping for, copying the set list he used all tour last year and bolding the songs that should be excluded.

Set One

In the Flesh
Mother
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts II - V)(abridged)
Have a Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Southampton Dock
The Fletcher Memorial Home
Perfect Sense, Parts 1 and 2
Leaving Beirut
Sheep

Set Two (The Dark Side of the Moon)

Speak to Me/Breathe
On the Run
Time/Breathe (Reprise)
The Great Gig in the Sky
Money
Us and Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse

Encore
The Happiest Days of Our Lives
Another Brick in the Wall, Part II
Vera
Bring the Boys Back Home
Comfortably Numb

Take those out, you have the most amazing concert I've ever been to easily.

you are crazy if you think roger waters is the most interesting performance of the weekend.

interesting? it's the same show he has rehearsed and played dozens of times already. it's an awesome show, but not interesting. been there, done that.

it may be interesting to you because you missed his 75 shows in so cal.

crazzz2007
01-22-2008, 05:58 PM

BECAUSE PAUL TOLLET SAID SO DURING THE PRESS CONFERENCE, you fucking ignorant asshole.

thelastgreatman
01-22-2008, 06:02 PM
BECAUSE PAUL TOLLET SAID SO DURING THE PRESS CONFERENCE, you fucking ignorant asshole.

You as well are long overdue for ignore, you've never said anything worth reading ever.

Dude, this ignore shit is great. And this thread is really helpful for drawing you all in.

crazzz2007
01-22-2008, 06:42 PM
You as well are long overdue for ignore, you've never said anything worth reading ever.

Dude, this ignore shit is great. And this thread is really helpful for drawing you all in.

Go ahead. But if I recall correctly, you have always insisted that putting people on ignore is a moronic thing to do. Of course, nothing you say can ever be taken at face value because you are a blaberring idiot douche cunt-face mother fucker.

Also, you think Roger Waters' performance is the most exciting thing at Coachella. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. You fail at everything. I think it's time for you to O.D.

microlovebeat
01-22-2008, 07:17 PM
I agree completely, every fucking thread.

ah shut the hell up you whiner. i'm glad you finally admitted your feelings for lastgreatdouche. you two will have a great life together beating each other senseless with dumb fucking observations about things you know nothing about.

you could even be his study buddy, had he graduated high school and gone to college.

and randy i know you can't read this but before the lineup came out, all you did was bitch about roger fucking waters and the possibility of him headlining. now you're yearning for his cock like a scalper yearns for a presale. both of you fucks can go to hell.

tripcalifornia
01-22-2008, 10:36 PM

Wow, I'm just so terribly sorry that little ol ME offended you SO MUCH that I deserve the title "fucking ignorant asshole" - I can only imagine the raging frustration and violent language you would have for someone who cuts you off in traffic or forgets to bring you ketchup for your fries.

So nice to hide behind the anonymous wall of a messege board, isn't it? :thu

tripcalifornia
01-22-2008, 10:42 PM
barrett was the soul of pink floyd, gilmour was the heart, roger was the brains

I've never thought of it until you wrote it, but I definitely AGREE! :)

tripcalifornia
01-22-2008, 10:47 PM
My god, why the hell is everyone so mean to eachother on this board? So many good threads where people are sharing ideas, opinions, and interests eventually spiral down into such junior high school bullshit.

interpolado
01-22-2008, 11:08 PM
of course roger will play more than darkside... also i could say that including the equipment setup and stuff could take easily an hour plus two of his show.. 3 hours sounds reasonable.. but still.. needs more additions that day..
and friday too...

Cdubby
01-22-2008, 11:08 PM
ah shut the hell up you whiner. i'm glad you finally admitted your feelings for lastgreatdouche. you two will have a great life together beating each other senseless with dumb fucking observations about things you know nothing about.

you could even be his study buddy, had he graduated high school and gone to college.

and randy i know you can't read this but before the lineup came out, all you did was bitch about roger fucking waters and the possibility of him headlining. now you're yearning for his cock like a scalper yearns for a presale. both of you fucks can go to hell.

Eh, I don't use the ignore button but the constant shitting on Roger Waters when there is an infinitely larger douche bag with the initials J.J. on the poster is annoying. One man wrote Darkside of the Moon and is a legend in rock and I can get excited about, the other is a fruitbasket with an unplugged guitar. The lineup needs some additions (see sig), but I am looking forward to hearing on my all-time favorite albums being played live. Thank you and I hope you don't go to hell!!!!