PDA

View Full Version : WTF? No "The Knife"?

NoGwenPlease
01-22-2008, 11:18 AM
pissed am I.

Still enjoy the lineup very much but damn it.

HERETIC
01-22-2008, 11:19 AM
The Sword?

suprefan
01-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Always next year.

shoegazer76
01-22-2008, 11:21 AM
The Sword?

NO SHIT! We want The Sword Goldnevoice!

orbit
01-22-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm still wondering where is Goldfrapp

shoegazer76
01-22-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm still wondering bout Michael Jackson. I thought his comeback would be this years Coachella.

nocigarettes
01-22-2008, 11:29 AM
they better be one of the added mixtures later on. along with Cat Power

kingdumb
01-22-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm still wondering where is Goldfrapp

really with the Goldfrapp?!? i heard her new stuff and it is crap crap crap

orbit
01-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Well, they were confirmed by MSN and a couple of other sources methinks.

SurLaCarte
01-22-2008, 01:27 PM
There's almost no way the Knife would do Coachella, unfortunately (not saying Coachella wouldn't want them, but I don't think they'd take it).

pandaroo
01-22-2008, 02:46 PM
she has a newborn baby

scarlettred217
01-22-2008, 04:12 PM
I know! I had a feeling The Knife was too good to be true! I'm still hoping they get added.....Goldfrapp too! Not too much into their new album but it would be awesome to Alison live!

damagedsiren
01-22-2008, 05:58 PM
i was really hoping but i knew with a new baby it would be unlikely, but one could still dream.

gratytrainridesagain
01-22-2008, 06:12 PM
I'll be shocked if they ever tour again honestly, the 06/07 tour was their first ever and after the baby most likely their last. It's just a hunch I hope I'm wrong cause I never got to see it except on youtube, so hopefully I'm wrong.

mysnakesashark
01-22-2008, 06:30 PM
http://www.windishagency.com/artists/the_knife

It says they are available for 2008 sometime...not specified. I was hoping this meant they would be at Coachella

WeGoSublime
01-22-2008, 11:44 PM
id be joyous

gratytrainridesagain
01-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Add The Knife to any day and this line up is the best Coachella ever.

dorkfish
01-23-2008, 12:27 AM
The Knife's performance is completely visual and requires a lot of darkness. They'd have to headline either the Sahara or the Mojave for their show to even be possible, and it would require hours of setup beforehand. They're not big enough to headline the Sahara, and no headliner would be fine with playing around their gear since they'd likely have brought their own light show and such being a headliner and all.

microcuts
01-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Olof said they were taking a 3-year hiatus after Silent Shout, anyway. They're not going to be doing anything for quite some time.

gratytrainridesagain
01-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Daft Punk's setup I'm sure took more than 3 hours or are you saying setting up 12 tons of equipment can be set up right after the shit called Audio Bullys if Daft can do it bring me The Knife piss off Dorkfish, and mind you I have little faith in The Knife ever being around again.

TonyWonder
01-23-2008, 05:57 AM
The Knife's performance is completely visual and requires a lot of darkness. They'd have to headline either the Sahara or the Mojave for their show to even be possible, and it would require hours of setup beforehand. They're not big enough to headline the Sahara, and no headliner would be fine with playing around their gear since they'd likely have brought their own light show and such being a headliner and all.

Pfft...You are silly. The Knife's performance is obviously not completely visual. The Knife could easily headline the Sahara and the buzz leading up to the show would be massive. It would be an insult to put them in the Mojave. Their setup wouldn't be that bad. Do you think they will have the main stage shut down all day on Sunday to prepare for Roger Waters? No. The stage crews are pros and can set up even the most elaborate sets relatively quickly.

Daft Fro
01-23-2008, 06:48 AM
They could redo the exact same set I saw them do @ the El Rey, in the Sahara tent, and I'd be more than happy.

I also think they can headline the tent. Just purely cause they are so damn rare.

1st November, US, New York, Webster Hall, two shows, sold out
3rd November, US, San Fransisco, sold out
4th November, US, Los Angeles, El Rey Theater, sold out

Webster hall capacity 1800 x 2
El Rey capacity 900
SF venue? anyone see them there? lets just say 1500

So, maybe 6,000 people across entire NA have seen their show before. Very low considering their popularity and remix notoriety attention they've been given.

A lot of people are thirsty for knife, but not many were lucky enough to quench it.

Memorial_07
01-24-2008, 08:00 PM
I so fucking agree!!!!!!!!

That would've been killer!

dorkfish
01-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Pfft...You are silly. The Knife's performance is obviously not completely visual. The Knife could easily headline the Sahara and the buzz leading up to the show would be massive. It would be an insult to put them in the Mojave. Their setup wouldn't be that bad. Do you think they will have the main stage shut down all day on Sunday to prepare for Roger Waters? No. The stage crews are pros and can set up even the most elaborate sets relatively quickly.
I saw them on their tour. The music isn't done live. There's live vocals. The rest is all visual elements. It's wonderful, but it's a completely visual show.

Elements of Roger Waters equipment will already be set up. Anything that requires special light shows is already on stage.

The Knife have about 60 minutes of live material to work with based on ALL of the songs they toured with for the past few years. Their US shows were about 40 minutes long. There's no way that they could headline the Sahara. Not everyone reads internet blogs or Pitchfork. They have pretty much zero name presence for the other 70% of people that would be expected to fill up their tent.

Justice, for example, didn't play to a full tent. Now they've had mainstream play and they're coming back as a likely headliner. The Knife aren't so blessed.

betao
01-25-2008, 06:14 PM
i'm gonna have to agree with dorkfish on this one.

i mean, i didnt even know who "the knife" were until i got onto these boards (i would love to see them, though).

however, do they really have only like 60 minutes worth of material? I know they have Silent Shout, but dont they have more material than that?

Ulcer
01-25-2008, 06:18 PM
No Knife is playing? sweet! I love No Knife.

dorkfish
01-25-2008, 09:09 PM
No Knife is playing? sweet! I love No Knife.
eh...reach

dorkfish
01-25-2008, 09:11 PM
i'm gonna have to agree with dorkfish on this one.

i mean, i didnt even know who "the knife" were until i got onto these boards (i would love to see them, though).

however, do they really have only like 60 minutes worth of material? I know they have Silent Shout, but dont they have more material than that?
They have way more material, but in the last few years, they've only performed about 60 minutes worth of material total.

All in all, they've only played something like 25 gigs ever.

kitt kat
01-26-2008, 12:50 AM
i heard they're planning a solo tour this year...so that could be why

nbvwes
01-26-2008, 10:07 AM
GOLDFRAPP!

Ritestyl
02-08-2008, 03:26 PM
i heard they're planning a solo tour this year...so that could be why

WTF where did you here this? Source NOW!

merznerve
02-10-2008, 04:03 AM
went to both shows in nyc. very elaborate production. Although, it didn't seem very live.(olof's vocals were programmed, and it looked like his drumming was only for show, not producing any sound)Of course for a band that rarely plays live the execution didn't disapoint. Karins angelic vocals with the dark sythny beats accompanied with wild visuals and props. i'm glad i was able to catch it.