PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Wave

bludevil007
01-22-2008, 09:49 AM
What's up with Rogue Wave being at the bottom of the lineup? Doesnt that seem weird. I mean, say what you will about them, but arent they just as popular as MMJ or the Raconteurs. Im not saying any of them should be subheadliners, but jeez.

noisemachine
01-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Definitely not as popular as MMJ or the Raconteurs. MMJ sold out 3 nights in a row at the Fillmore in SF. No way Rogue Wave could do that. I don't know how popular Raconteurs are but I know they get a lot of radio play, so probably more popular as well. I like them a lot and probably will check them out, but they aren't as popular as you might think. They may deserve to be a bit higher, but not much.

bludevil007
01-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Ya, i guess it's regional. In NY, very few of my friends have ever even heard of MMJ and most people know of the Raconteurs just as Jack White's side project, but that doesnt really deserve much attention.

On the other hand, bands like Vampire Weekend, Rogue Wave, Hot Chip, etc. get huge press.

Im excited to see a band as good as rogue wave that early in the day. Friday seems great to me.