Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

nothingman00
01-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Board Member of the Week...
Nominations?

I nominate zzz.

bballarl
01-18-2007, 10:24 PM
I vote Brad, because he has compiled a comprehensive list of acts that are, in fact, confirmed. Or at least, should be confirmed when we get the lineup.

nothingman00
01-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Wasn't Brad BMOTW a couple weeks ago?

tessalasset
01-18-2007, 10:34 PM
i nominate nothingman

nothingman00
01-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Somebody second me, dammit.

bballarl
01-18-2007, 11:06 PM
I'll second you. Now I'm going to bed.

nothingman00
01-18-2007, 11:53 PM
I'll start:
1)Desert Album-Sorry, i have a tie with 4. (I'd drown myself if I didn't get to bring each of these to the island).
a)Miles Davis- Bitches Brew
b)Neutral Milk Hotel- On Avery Island
c)The Doors-The Doors
d)Ryan Adams-Love is Hell (bring it on bitches) "It's not even his best album... Ryan Adams... Blah,blah,blah"... Seriously, bring it on.

2)Desert Book-'Big Sur" by Kerouac

Honorable mention: "the Curse of Lono" by Hunter S. Thompson, "Journey to the End of the Night" by Celine, "The Ginger Man" by J.P. Donleavy, the complete works of Arthur Rimbaud. Oh shitty, and "The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe" or "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" by C.S. Lewis.

Note: If my house were to burn down, I'd save my books before my records and CD's...

Area of expertise: sadly, I can probably answer anything pertaining to street drugs (including pharmies). Strange kid back in the day... Also, and probably more appropriate, i think I can claim semi-expert status on Kerouac and Hunter Thompson. And longwindedness.

JelloPuddingChat
01-19-2007, 02:52 AM
How does it feel to finally get your way?

If you could have one band/artist dead or alive to play coachella, who would it be and why?

What's your favorite Fanta flavor?

Who's playing the super bowl?

If you had to kill and eat a fellow human being in order to survive and had the choice to either deep fry, bake, boil or grill them which one would it be and why?

TomAz
01-19-2007, 04:36 AM
You're right, nothingman. It's not even close to his best album.

CuervoPH
01-19-2007, 06:12 AM
I haven't really followed Ryan Adams post-Whiskeytown, but I do really like "Stranger's Almanac" by them. What is your opinion on that one?

amyzzz
01-19-2007, 06:35 AM
Congrats on being BMOTW! (by the way, I was BMOTW back in November I think, but thanks for the nomination).

What are the essential works I should read by Hunter S. Thompson? I haven't read anything yet, but I sure would like to.

TomAz
01-19-2007, 06:37 AM
I haven't really followed Ryan Adams post-Whiskeytown, but I do really like "Stranger's Almanac" by them. What is your opinion on that one?

I like Stranger's Almanac a lot. I think Pneumonia is better but that's an invitation to Yablo to try to kick my ass. Those two, plus the solos Heartbreaker and Gold, are his best work. IMO. got that yablo? I.M.O.

bug on your lip
01-19-2007, 07:25 AM
it's 1974... duh duh duh daddadadad it's when i was born duh dudh duh dadadaddada in 1974 ...duh duh duh dadadadad

Yablonowitz
01-19-2007, 07:40 AM
Earth to Tom: I love Pneumonia, but my favorite track is your least favorite track - "What the Devil Wanted." "Paper Moon" is also just fucking fantastic. Remember this discussion?

However, I do prefer Strangers Almanac to Pneumonia, by a little bit. They're fairly comparable though like Lucinda Williams' last THREE albums. And these are facts, not opinions.

bug on your lip
01-19-2007, 07:45 AM
Earth to Tom ...

chairmenmeow47
01-19-2007, 07:46 AM
what's your favourite article in "the great shark hunt"?

(meins the kentucky derby)

TomAz
01-19-2007, 07:47 AM
Lucinda William's albums, ranked best to not best, with year:

1. Car Wheels (1998)
2. Lucinda Williams (1988)
3. Sweet Old World (1992)
4. Essence (2001)
5. Happy Woman Blues (1980)
6. Rambin' (1978)
7. Live at the Fillmore (2005)
8. World Without Tears (2003)

none of these are bad. #7 and #8 are a little boring is all.

And this is gospel, not opinion.

bug on your lip
01-19-2007, 07:49 AM
i respect anyone who recognizes the Greatness that is Kerouac.

that's why York will always to be dead to me.:nono

JelloPuddingChat
01-19-2007, 08:11 AM
I'm diggin' that shame smiley.

nothingman00
01-19-2007, 09:25 AM
I'll answer all questions later. Errand running. Peace.

thefunkylama
01-19-2007, 10:56 AM
You missed the "childhood pet" question. Unless books are your pets?

nothingman00
01-19-2007, 01:22 PM
How does it feel to finally get your way?

It feels good... Nice and contrived, but good.

If you could have one band/artist dead or alive to play coachella, who would it be and why?

The Doors (pre "Morrison is a clown era)---The Clash would be a close second, Velvet Underground a close third (w/ Nico of couse)

What's your favorite Fanta flavor?

I don't drink many things that don't have alcohol in them (except tons of water). Never had Fanta, don't drink sodas/colas/cokes/etc/. So whatever flavor of Fanta tastes best with Vodka, I guess.

Who's playing the super bowl?

Pats and Bears. Pats win 21-17.

If you had to kill and eat a fellow human being in order to survive and had the choice to either deep fry, bake, boil or grill them which one would it be and why?

Great question (I hope you reside in a penitentiary). Assuming I had a marinade and the body was well preserved so the meat wasn't bad, I'd probably grill Yablo (or whoever else I decided to eat). Maybe a mesquite-honey BBQ sauce and some Soy sauce, slow grilled at about 350 degrees (after searing) until, say, medium well. Normally, I eat my meats medium-rare, but if I was eating a person, I think I'd go that extra mile.

P.S. the answers to several of your questions are in the quoted text. I'm too lazy to do it the right way.

nothingman00
01-19-2007, 02:00 PM

I like the Whiskeytown stuff just fine. Don't get me wrong. Again, there is a boot of "16 days" from a 6-10-05 Adams show that just kills me. I agree with Yablo that "What the devil Wanted" is fantastic. Overall, I prefer Stranger's Almanac though. "Waiting to Derail", "Houses on a Hill" and "Dancing with the Women at the Bar" (fukking awesome song") being three favorites off that album. I also like "Midway Park" off Faithless Street, though its definitely inferior to the other two. As for Ryan Adams solo...

I could probably give you a typical nothingman rant about why "Love is Hell (Pts 1 &2 combined)" is by far his best solo stuff. But I'll save that for another day. here is my ranking of the Ryan Adams solo albums and my 3 top tracks from each:
1)Love is Hell (the entire album from start to finish, but "shadowlands", "English Girls Approximately" and "My Blue Manhattan" are three that are just a tad better than everything else...
2)Heartbreaker ("Damn, Sam, I love a woman that rains", "call me on your way back home", and "To be Young...")
3)Gold-the peaks are great, the rest is just OK--"Stars Go Blue", "Sylvia Plath", "Nobody Girl" then "Harder Now that's it's Over"
4)Cold Roses-"Magnolia Mountain", "Mockingbird Song", "Meadowlake Street"--though I love the entire album with its Dead homage feel. In fact, move this to 3 and Gold to 4.
5) "29"- "Strawberry Wine", "Blue Sky Blues", "Night Birds"--damn, I hate leaving off "Elizabeth, you were born to play that part".
6) Rock N Roll-"Rock N Roll" and "Anybody want to take me home". The rest of that album is mediocre, at best. Maybe "Do Miss America" or "so Alive"...
7) Jacksonville City Nights- the most critically aclaimed of all post-Heartbreaker albums finds itself at seven on my list. I don't even want to describe the disappointment this album brought me. It was supposed to be a "return" to Heartbreaker but it just plain sucks. At least the critics loved it.
8_Demolition-THIS ALBUM WAS NEVER MADE. DO YOU HEAR ME? NEVER MADE. Glad we got that settled.

Well, turned into a typical nothingman rant anyway... Sorry. Any more Ryan Adams/Whiskeytown questions/disagreements?

Yablonowitz
01-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Nothingman - People have told me that my taint is a little "gamey." So, watch out for that part.

nothingman00
01-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Congrats on being BMOTW! (by the way, I was BMOTW back in November I think, but thanks for the nomination).

What are the essential works I should read by Hunter S. Thompson? I haven't read anything yet, but I sure would like to.

The Curse of Lono is probably his best work, though somewhat difficult to find. Also, the volumes of his correspondence are fascinating. Especially the period where he was writing about the Hell's Angels/Kesey/etc. "The Great Shark Hunt" is a great collection of articles that were published in the 70's. And, chairman meow, I think "The Kentucky Derby is Decadent and Depraved", and the Super Bowl piece are amongst my two faves from that book, though a lot of the McGovern articles are great, too. Plus, you get to see the original article that later became "Fear and Loathing in L.V." Oh, and the Freak Power in the Rockies piece is funny as hell, especially HST's platform for sheriff. I mean, so much is made of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" and for good reason. I just think that "Lono", the article compilations, aka "The Gonzo Papers" (I believe there were 3 volumes, but maybe only 2), and the correspondence compilations (again, I believe there were three, but maybe only two--the earlier stuff is the best because he doesn't yet have to live up to the public perception of himself, which he eventually created and milked). I've always thought HST was a better writer than novelist, if that makes sense.

P.S. can't wait for the "Who Killed Hunter Thompson" book to come out later this month. Also, if you can find a copy of "Polo is My Life"---long rumored to be the funniest HST book/article according to friends and family, but never published, then congrats (and hook me up).

thefunkylama
01-19-2007, 02:23 PM
is there a retching smiley?

nothingman00
01-19-2007, 02:35 PM
i respect anyone who recognizes the Greatness that is Kerouac.

that's why York will always to be dead to me.:nono

Kerouac probably influenced the way I look at life more than anyone else, including my parents, friends, wife.

I did the extended European backpacking trip in college and didn't need to take anything with me besides "Desolation Angels", "Big Sur" and "The Dharma Bums"--though I also brought along "The Subterraneans" for kicks... I discovered Kerouac in late high school (1996 or so) and immediately felt connected. He was the saddest, yet most content writer... He loved life, even though he knew that life is suffering and pain. I don't think anyone put such similar thoughts down in such an eloquent way. And, I'll say it again... The last paragraph of "On the Road" is probably the most beautiful paragraph in all of fiction. Definitely, my favorite paragraph. Completely closes the chapter and book beautifully.

Again, in the event of a fire taking my house down, I'd get my wife, baby (soon), and cats out first. Next would be books and guitars, even before CD's and records. Especially the 1st editions of On the Road and Big Sur...

JelloPuddingChat
01-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Nothingman - People have told me that my taint is a little "gamey." So, watch out for that part.

I lol'd

nothingman00
01-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Lama, childhood pet. I completely forgot...

We had a cat named Pete when i was growing up. He was a "Maine Coon" tomcat that came up to our back door when i lived in Arkansas and i was about 3-4 years old. My dad thought he was an old cat and would kindly tell me that Pete probably wouldn't be with us long because he was so old. At that time, he would climb trees and make about a 4 foot jump from the trees to our roof, right outside my parents bedroom. My dad would say "Pete has landed" and they'd let him in through the window. Anyway, we (my parents) moved to St. Louis, San Antonio, Dallas, back to St. Louis and finally back to San Antonio and Pete made every trip with us. We called him "The Elderly Gentleman" because he was, at this time, most definitely quite old. He was great. He died in 2000 (the day before I left to go to backpaking Europe). He had lived with us for 19 years or so, and my dad had thought he was about 14-15 when he first approached us. I think my dad cried more when Pete died than he did when his own father passed away.

nothingman00
01-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Yablo, I laughed at the taint comment myself. I'd stay away from your taint (and surrounding areas) and any part of your body that that Fall Out Boy T-shirt touched.

nothingman00
01-19-2007, 02:55 PM
No, my cat wasn't a racist.

Yablonowitz
01-19-2007, 02:57 PM
He was a "Maine Coon" tomcat

Racist.

nothingman00
01-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Why did this reverse the order of posts?

york707
01-19-2007, 04:29 PM
PLease see Oscar in the random pics thread. He's my parents (although we got him when I was 13; 16 years ago) and he's a maine coon with a heart defect, so, not only is he old, but his head is small due to the heart issue. He got a sonogram when he was little, and he had all the fur on his chest shaved off for that. Then we had to give him an aspirin and a beta blocker every day for 10 years. When we took him off that, we figured he wouldn't last much longer. That was 6 years ago.

nothingman00
01-19-2007, 08:47 PM
York, are you mocking me, you son of a bitch?

(I kid, I kid)...

EDIT: I just saw pictures of Oscar. His head doesn't look that small. Hope he stays healthy for years.

breakjaw
01-21-2007, 06:51 AM
The Curse of Lono is probably his best work
Is that the one that starts out on the plane where the guy's arm is all blue,because he dropped something in the toilet?I read just that chapter years ago,and it's gotta be the funniest thing I've ever read.

nothingman00
01-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Breakjaw, Yes that is Ackerman's arm that gets blue from the toilet on the airplane. Believe me, the rest of the book is every bit as funny as that chapter. And HST's bleak, dark view of Hawaii, coupled with his belief that he is the God "Lono" incarnated (contrived at times to frighten the locals, but definitely quite real in HST's mind)... It's just a dizzying book that takes his Fear & Loathing persona and puts a more "true" face on it. You get more of HST the man, rather than HST the caricature. I think the only version of the book is published by Taschen. It's hardback, about 200 pages, and contains huge illustrations by Ralph Steadman (every couple of pages)... It's on my cofee table at all times, and many of my friends have purchased it for the illustrations alone. In my mind, it's head and shoulders above anything else he's done.

Funniest part involves Hunter clubbing a Marlin to death on a fishing expedition. Highest of comedy.

nothingman00
01-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Breakjaw, I wish I could somehow Bballarl you the entire book. Honestly, if you thought that first chapter was funny, you'll be laughing out loud during parts of it. It may be tough to get and kinda expensive, but I'd recommend it highly. Think of it as a great novel that can also be a nice prop at home (ie coffee table book). Sell your bibles and buy this book!

nothingman00
01-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Who changes thread names around here? Should read BMOTW: Nothingman00... PF, could you please change it so people can harrass me?

amyzzz
01-22-2007, 12:16 PM
I wonder if we can keep this thread up during coachella season?

thefunkylama
01-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Your week is over, meng. Thursday to thursday.

amyzzz
01-22-2007, 12:19 PM
...and it's only Monday. WTF?

TomAz
01-22-2007, 12:35 PM
apparently there were 2000+ people on this board earlier today. I'd say the BMOTW can continue, but, it'll be people we don't know.

thefunkylama
01-22-2007, 01:01 PM
oh, well shit I was wrong. Nevermind, continue BMOTW-ing it.

downingthief
01-22-2007, 01:02 PM
Sorry I'm late to this one...any thread that mentions Dr. Thompson, Kerouac, Miles, etc is tops.
No mention of the exhistentialists? Camus, Beckett, Kakfa...brilliant works.

Forgive me...I'm a former lit major, and this stuff gets me giddy...

TomAz
01-22-2007, 01:11 PM
well, giddy-up then, lil cowboy

nothingman00
01-23-2007, 12:57 AM
Kafka is one of my favorites, as well. The Trial is brilliant, and the Castle is quite excellent.

Camus-I read "The Stranger" sometime ago, but I was fairly stoned during the entire reading and forget whether or not I enjoyed it, so obviously it didn't make quite the impression of Kafka.

Certainly while not an "existentialist"- I love Louis Ferdinand Celine's works. Journey to the End of the Night is in my top 10 novels of all time. Almost flawless...

nothingman00
01-23-2007, 01:02 AM
Tom, I think BMOTW can continue on the new board. The people checking in for lineup complaints/desires will slowly disappear and it will be down to mainly he first generation peeps (longtime boardies) and 2nd generation (people like me) with a few newbies scattered in. Regardless, there are plenty of other BMOTW's that are eligible.

JelloPuddingChat
01-23-2007, 01:05 AM
Regardless, there are plenty of other BMOTW's that are eligible.

Ha ha. Are we talking about BMOTW or coachella headliners?

bmack86
01-23-2007, 01:48 AM
Kafka's a great read.

downingthief
01-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Nothing, you should check out "Why androids dream of electric sheep" by Philip K Dick. It is the novel that was turned into the movie BladeRunner. Exhistential sci-fi at its finest!

Also, Best Camus is "The Fall" in my opinion. Amazing read.

nothingman00
01-23-2007, 01:19 PM
I'll check those out. I just finished reading "American Psycho" by Bret Easton Ellis and was amazed how much better and even more twisted the book was than the movie. I'm not sure if Easton Ellis is a great writer or one bad morning away from going Jack the Ripper on us...

Now I'm being forced to read books on chaos theory for class, so no more fun reading for me (with the exception of an occassional Deepak Chopra chapter or two from "Life After Death").

york707
01-23-2007, 01:29 PM
SO you're saying reading about chaos theory is not fun?

york707
01-23-2007, 01:39 PM
These are the people that seem to be posting a lot. Superfan, Microcuts, Bmack and C Dub would be good candidates. I don't think you guys were BMOTW (even under your old names). Apparently, I'm the new Yablo:

york707 289

TomAz 252

amyzzz 250

suprefan 243

microcuts 217

mountmccabe 205

bmack86 180

C DUB YA 178

woogie846 169

Boourns 167

psychic friend 163

devachan 156

thefunkylama 155

bballarl 154

iDrive1Life 151

tessalasset 144

nothingman00 138

full on idle 136

Alchemy 107

menikmati 102

boyalien0 102

Yablonowitz 99

TomAz
01-23-2007, 04:54 PM
That's some fine research from our legal department.

nothingman00
01-23-2007, 09:04 PM
but york, why not recycle (for the new board) some of the older BMOTW's? Surely, lives have changed.

TomAz
01-24-2007, 01:53 AM
But then we'd be accused of being an unwelcoming clique. Besides, i can't stand all these new people and don't like having them around.

amyzzz
01-24-2007, 07:49 AM
The past couple days were OK in the lounge, but now a lot of people are spilling over from the other forums. Bleh.

nothingman00
01-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Tom, I love your logic in that last post. No recycling because then we'd be labeled a clique by the new people, but new people suck anyways. Again, I think some of these people will die off, leaving a few new quality peeps...

Yablonowitz
01-24-2007, 12:27 PM
I've laughed more in the past three days from the posts around here than I did all last month.

downingthief
01-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Well, I am old and new, I guess...been posting on the boards off an on for about 4 years now. Just not as much as lately. Could care less if you all are a clique...I thouroughly enjoy the posts! And, it's always good to see some people out there with good taste in books, movies, music, etc.
Keep em coming!

nothingman00
01-24-2007, 12:59 PM
I've laughed more in the past three days from the posts around here than I did all last month.

And yet, you look so angry in your avatar.

nothingman00
01-24-2007, 01:02 PM
1 more day until new BMOTW. Will someone please quit tossing me softballs? Let's get to the nitty gritty. Anyone have questions on Anxiety meds? I'm an expert on those as well.

amyzzz
01-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Ok, Zach, what is the best anxiety med to use to come down from a roll?

nothingman00
01-24-2007, 01:49 PM
I don't pop X, Amy. I actually have panic attacks occasionally (probably from past substance abuse) and have tried them all. Popping X is not up my alley, but more power for those who enjoy. I loved it back in the mid 90's when it was pretty much pure MDMA. Now, it seems like they are either speed based (sometimes using Dexedrine, Adderall, and the like as mixing ingredients) or heroin based. Either way, I don't and won't take X again in my life.

york707
01-24-2007, 01:52 PM
How old were you when you first drank? Did drugs?

What are some examples of how drugs have been a problem in your life?

Who is someone close to you that has been negatively affected by your drug use?

Did they confront you about it?

Have you apologized to them for your actions?

nothingman00
01-24-2007, 01:52 PM
As for best anxiety meds, let me throw this out there for anyone with anxiety disorder: DO NOT TAKE PAXIL. Also, I think Xanax is a pretty bad drug if used over a lengthy period of time. I had to come off of about a 8-10MG a day habit (with help from a doctor and therapist) and gradually weaned myself completely off. Horrible stuff, and the anxiety you get when you're trying to get off the medication is actually worse than the anxiety that the med was supposed to be relieving in the first place.

amyzzz
01-24-2007, 01:56 PM
I don't pop X, Amy. I actually have panic attacks occasionally (probably from past substance abuse) and have tried them all. Popping X is not up my alley, but more power for those who enjoy. I loved it back in the mid 90's when it was pretty much pure MDMA. Now, it seems like they are either speed based (sometimes using Dexedrine, Adderall, and the like as mixing ingredients) or heroin based. Either way, I don't and won't take X again in my life.
Why?

I'm not sure if I really want to do it much anymore because the entire week after I'm really depressed, but I have other really pressing issues that compel me to take it on occasion. We usually try to get as pure as we can.

amyzzz
01-24-2007, 01:58 PM
As for best anxiety meds, let me throw this out there for anyone with anxiety disorder: DO NOT TAKE PAXIL. Also, I think Xanax is a pretty bad drug if used over a lengthy period of time. I had to come off of about a 8-10MG a day habit (with help from a doctor and therapist) and gradually weaned myself completely off. Horrible stuff, and the anxiety you get when you're trying to get off the medication is actually worse than the anxiety that the med was supposed to be relieving in the first place.
I actually took some Xanax years ago because I was having panic attacks, and it did help me at the time. My doctor only gave me a few because of the problem you listed above.

What do you think of oxy? I have friends who love this stuff and have to detox themselves a couple times every year. I don't know why they keep doing it.

nothingman00
01-24-2007, 02:00 PM
York, I wasn't particularly young when I started partying. I was probably 15 when I started drinking, then started smoking weed when I was 16. I went through a psychedelic drug phase from 18-20 or so.

I attribute my current anxiety (which has tapered off as my lifestyle has become a little more stable) to my past drug use. That anxiety has led to many awkward situations where I've popped way too many sedatives and made a general fool of myself. I've apologized to numerous people for my past drug use, and believe that, for the most part, i am at peace with most everyone. I went through a coke phase that came and went, but nobody really realized except for the people who I partied with. I was never a cokehead, never did heroin, was never reliant on a drug/medicine until Xanax. Considering I had a semi-Crystal-meth habit for a few months which was easy to kick, I believe that Xanax is possibly the most evil of all drugs, despite it being one of the most prescribed meds out there.

nothingman00
01-24-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm not into pain meds at all, amy. Never was, although I usually have a few Hydro-codeine sitting around. Never taken Oxy, never will. Alcohol, sedatives, weed... Those have been the staples while everything else has come and gone. I don;t really regret much of my experimental phase with drugs because i learned a lot about myself and, as cheesy as it sounds, I probably owe my taste in art in all forms (music, lit, poetry, etc) to past drug experiences, and that culture as a whole.

nothingman00
01-24-2007, 02:05 PM
And with that, I've gotta leave and go hit my Chaos Theory class. I'll get back on tonight around 10'ish. Peace.

amyzzz
01-24-2007, 02:40 PM
I probably owe my taste in art in all forms (music, lit, poetry, etc) to past drug experiences, and that culture as a whole.
Amen to that.

breakjaw
01-24-2007, 09:59 PM
It's midnight here.
I'd like to nominate devachan for a variety of reasons(niceness,awesome photographs that I think people will enjoy,good taste in music,seems to attend a lot of shows,one of the first to test this new board for everyone,etc.),if devachan wants to do it and some kind soul will second it...

nothingman00
01-24-2007, 10:04 PM
I second

breakjaw
01-24-2007, 10:22 PM
OK,I tried to go back to the old board to find the exact wording of this,but I couldn't,so here goes:
What is your favorite "Desert Island Disc"?
The name of your childhood pet?
Particular area of expertise?
And my question to start things off;
If money and time were no object,where is the place you'd like to spend exactly one month and no longer,with the knowledge that after the month was over,you'd not be allowed to return?

dorkfish
01-24-2007, 10:55 PM
you're a board member of the week

devachan
01-25-2007, 11:36 AM
It's midnight here.
I'd like to nominate devachan for a variety of reasons(niceness,awesome photographs that I think people will enjoy,good taste in music,seems to attend a lot of shows,one of the first to test this new board for everyone,etc.),if devachan wants to do it and some kind soul will second it...

Thank you for nominating me for BMOTW, Breakjaw (and seconding nothingman). There was a mutiny at work last week in which both my boss and any possible successors to her position were thrown overboard. I now run the ship. Because of this, I can only answer questions you might have, during the evening. I take this very seriously and will get to this later tonight. Btw, thanks for the mixes BJ!

nothingman00
01-25-2007, 11:50 AM
My main question (which undoubtedly will give me a total and complete psychological profile of you) is simple (and 2 parts): Which is your favorite flavor of otter pop and which is your favorite otter pop character? Yes, there are wrong answers.

Also, if you could be an elephant or a giraffe for a year, which would you pick and why?

breakjaw
01-25-2007, 12:29 PM
BTW,nothingman was a good BMOTW.Thanks for all the info on Xanax and stuff,my brother is on some of this stuff and it is horribly evil(and legal!).

nothingman00
01-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Thank you Breakjaw. I honestly don't think drugs are good, in general. I like altering my mood sometimes, and I now know the exact formula (depending on which route I want to take) so that I can safely and responsibly (in my own house) alter my state. I've had enough experience that it's similar to someone knowing how to perfectly utilize their vitamin intake (something else I try to do). Demonizing certain drugs while pushing people on anxiety/depression/ADD drugs that are every bit as dangerous, often more so, is not the answer to the drug problem. And I think it's a crime that Xanax, Paxil, and a handful of others are literally being thrust down kids/teens/even adults' throats. Look, you want a good medicine for anxiety, try nitrazepam. Good luck finding it. I mean, seriously, in the U.S. you have a better chance of finding a live unicorn than nitrazepam. Best alternative option is probably Klonopin, though I'd advise against ANY anxiety med unless panic attacks make them absolutely necessary. Anxiety compounds, and as your body builds resistance to the meds, your anxiety increases. Getting off Xanax after 3-4 years of steadily increasing dosage was pure hell. My anxiety/panic was almost hallucinatory at times. You want to fall asleep? Don't take Ambien (which will severely fukk with your head after a couple months of reliance upon it)... Take temazepam (aka Restoril). Good luck, finding a doctor who will prescribe it. Apparently, some idiots in the UK started melting and injecting the stuff for a more intense downer effect and now it is almost impossible to find in the states.

Breakjaw, if your brother is taking it regularly (daily) and you are concerned, I can ezinbox you an online article that really got me geared into getting off the stuff. Actually, I'll find it and post it on the board, as I'm sure there are many, many people on this board who are taking Xanax without realizing the future implications.

breakjaw
01-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks,but he's done enough research on his own.He's currently taking alot of Adderall(the only thing he says calms him down) and I think Klonopin or something similar.When he tells various pill-pushers he can't sleep,they all try to push Xanax,without fail,and he's so far just completely ignored their "expert" advice,because he's heard the horror stories.
He checked himself in to an inpatient facility for a week a few months ago and that place was nuts.It was very "Cuckoo's Nest" where they pass out the pills and the look under your tongue.
It's funny we're talking about this now because I just took half an Ambien to try to sleep before work tonight,and I'm getting very drowsy and feel pretty good.
But I avoid pills for the most part and stick to beer and Jim Beam.And Red Bull,Monster,Zipfizz.Elvis would love this century.

psychic friend
01-25-2007, 04:12 PM
who is bmotw ? is it devachan? i can update the title.

breakjaw
01-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Yes it is Devachan,dani.Thanks!

psychic friend
01-25-2007, 05:05 PM
actually i cant change the title, weird. i can change it on the post but not the thread. poo

york707
01-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Yes, that was the point someone made when I accidentally doubled up on some threads earlier. Not even the thread creator can change it.

full on idle
01-25-2007, 07:00 PM
I wanna see some photos!

york707
01-25-2007, 07:28 PM
...from?

full on idle
01-25-2007, 07:30 PM
I'd like to nominate devachan for a variety of reasons(niceness,awesome photographs that I think people will enjoy,good taste in music,seems to attend a lot of shows,one of the first to test this new board for everyone,etc.
good thing you're a READER.

york707
01-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Well when you make a comment to something said 13 posts earlier, you might want to think about quoting what it is you are referencing.

Sayin.

full on idle
01-25-2007, 07:52 PM
I don't pander to retards.

Sayin'.

JK LOL York but for fuck's sake context clues are your friends.

nothingman00
01-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Hi FOI.

devachan
01-25-2007, 08:59 PM
The name of your childhood pet?

I didn't really have any childhood pets. So, I usually ended up stealing them and bringing them home. I got into a great deal of trouble one time when I stole a neighbor's kitten. It was being swung around by it's tail by the neighbor kids. I thought I was helping out. It peed all over the house. My Mom wasn't pleased.

Particular area of expertise?

I'm graduating this spring with a BS in Criminal Justice, so that would definitely be an area of expertise. No, I don't want to be a cop. I'm interested in law and politics. I really want to get into law school but don't have the motivation for more schooling.

I also know everything about Long Beach and Colorado.

If money and time were no object,where is the place you'd like to spend exactly one month and no longer,with the knowledge that after the month was over,you'd not be allowed to return?

Berlin. So much rich history exists there. That's why I loved New York so much. Here, eveything has been built in the last hundred years. There are no ghosts, no stories of battles won or lost.

My main question (which undoubtedly will give me a total and complete psychological profile of you) is simple (and 2 parts): Which is your favorite flavor of otter pop and which is your favorite otter pop character? Yes, there are wrong answers.

I don't eat otter pops. Ever. When I was a kid, maybe. But those days are gone man.

Also, if you could be an elephant or a giraffe for a year, which would you pick and why?

An Elephant. Because giraffes are God's joke on the animal kingdom and everyone knows it. I mean, why grow your neck so fucking long so you can't drink water? And the tongue? What's with the longass tongue?

Now Elephants are a different story alltogether. Being able to drink water with my trunk would rule. Plus, I'd be super smart and live a long time.

CuervoPH
01-25-2007, 09:10 PM
I took a criminal justice class as an elective and loved it. I had a great teacher and that helped. What would you do (careerwise) if you opted not to go to law school (and I can defiinitely undestand not being motivated for more schooling)?

If you could spend longer than a month somewhere, where would you go? (again money and time are no object)

I've never been to Colorado. Where would you recommend visiting in Colorado for a first timer?

devachan
01-25-2007, 09:24 PM
I wanna see some photos!

Alrighty:
Flaming Lips at the Bowl 2006

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/61/196912805_de1866964d.jpg

Immy at Coachella 2006
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/48/139238020_e341b71a0e.jpg

Em at Coachella 2006
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/54/140147728_79b76779b1.jpg

CuervoPH
01-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Ooh! Awesome Immy pic! I was standing almost outside the tent for her performance, and I got a close-up of sorts but nothing of that caliber.

devachan
01-25-2007, 09:42 PM
I took a criminal justice class as an elective and loved it. I had a great teacher and that helped. What would you do (careerwise) if you opted not to go to law school (and I can defiinitely undestand not being motivated for more schooling)?

My teachers were either cops or lawyers. The cops always came to class strapped. The stories they told would give you nightmares.

Careerwise, I am looking into working for the City or County. Specifically, courts and corrections. I'm not sure if you have heard about the "supposed" gang problem in L.A. That's a bunch of B.S. The reports by journalists aren't even based on the stats or real information. Gangs are a problem, sure, but not to the extent they say it is. I just want to be in there.

I'm going to get to your other two questions tomorrow!

Jenniehoo
01-25-2007, 09:55 PM
I didn't really have any childhood pets. So, I usually ended up stealing them and bringing them home. I got into a great deal of trouble one time when I stole a neighbor's kitten. It was being swung around by it's tail by the neighbor kids. I thought I was helping out. It peed all over the house. My Mom wasn't pleased.

That is AWESOME. I did the same thing only I wasn't as sweet about it. I love that you did that, too.

Do you have a really good camera? What type? Or just good crowd positioning?

breakjaw
01-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Show some more of your NYC pictures,please!

devachan
01-26-2007, 09:14 PM
If you could spend longer than a month somewhere, where would you go? (again money and time are no object)

Lumbini, Nepal. Yeah.

I've never been to Colorado. Where would you recommend visiting in Colorado for a first timer?

I would and always recommend Boulder. Downtown, they have these great little shops and excellent restaurants. They also have quite a few bed and breakfasts that are reasonable. Take a drive up Canyon Blvd and check out the Boulder Falls (http://www.flickr.com/photos/fairangels/243970571/) which are quite spectacular. If you're feeling adventurous, you can always go all the way up to Nederland (http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=24964758&size=m). It's not much of a town but we always just went for the drive. Watch for falling rocks.

Next I would recommend skiing at either Loveland (http://www.skiloveland.com/) or Keystone (http://keystone.snow.com/indexmountains.asp). I found these were the best resorts for people just starting out. They have some beginner runs that are a lot of fun. Bring gum. 13,000 ft will kill your ears. On the way back you can always stop on by the casinos in Central City along I-70.

If you have another couple of days, I would say go check out the Garden of the Gods down in Colorado Springs. Here is a picture (http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=248843570&size=m) that I didn't take. If you go during the spring, the contrast between the green prairie and the red rocks will blow your mind. Damn, I miss that place.

devachan
01-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Ooh! Awesome Immy pic! I was standing almost outside the tent for her performance, and I got a close-up of sorts but nothing of that caliber.

This was weird. Some guy just started talking to me during her set and telling me where to focus my camera. His tips really helped.

devachan
01-26-2007, 09:30 PM
That is AWESOME. I did the same thing only I wasn't as sweet about it. I love that you did that, too.

Do you have a really good camera? What type? Or just good crowd positioning?

Hi Jenniehoo. I always remember you from your story about getting stuck halfway in your bathroom window with bla bla bla. My ribs hurt from lolling at that one.

I don't have a really good camera. It's only 5MP. But the cool thing about it, is that I can adjust the shutter speed and aperture. I want an SLR but am going to wait until they come down in price. For the Immy shot, I had good crowd positioning, but most of the time it's just luck, available light and fast shutter speed.

devachan
01-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Show some more of your NYC pictures,please!

Hi Breakjaw!

Here are three from last June:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/119/256757079_b9d11ae957.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/102/288199703_ee8e99a76b.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/102/299780277_ddba4df646.jpg

breakjaw
01-27-2007, 04:42 AM
Those are great!Thanks for posting!

nothingman00
01-28-2007, 07:16 PM
OK, new question for the BMOTW...
devachan, Why oh why do you force yourself to survive on this planet without the occasional delicious ambrosia that is an Otter Pop? I'm 28 years old, don't really eat much sweet stuff or ice cream, get most of my calories through alcohol and yet, I can't begin to imagine life without Otter Pops. Maybe it's because I live in a state that seemingly has about 325 days of summer and I enjoy the icy treats. And, if you won't let yourself succumb to the pleasures of Alexander the Grape, that's fine with me, but you have to have some guilty pleasure. You come across as being one of the nicest people on this board, but what's your vice? Everyone has a vice, even if it is as benign as unprotected sex with underage goats (looking in your direction, ragingdave)... What's your vice?

Tylerdurden31
01-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Sushi question: Octopus or Eel?

full on idle
01-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Nikki your photographs are fucking fierce. I'm totally jealous of your talent. What brought you to New York? Have you ever visited our fine midwest?

Also, what is your best flavor of jelly belly?

nothingman00
01-29-2007, 12:28 PM
FOI, do you honestly think that someone who abstains from otter pops would be a jelly belly lover? They go hand in hand...

Tylerdurden31
01-29-2007, 01:21 PM
FOI, do you honestly think that someone who abstains from otter pops would be a jelly belly lover? They go hand in hand...

can I just say, I have no fucking idea what an Otter Pop is.

CuervoPH
01-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Beautiful B&W shot of NYC. All three are great, actually, but I love the B&W there.

My Criminal Justice teacher was a district judge and he told a story one time of a police officer testifying in a case and saying (regarding a car they had pulled over), "The smell of marijuana was loud..." That became a catchphrase for us for a while. I loved it.

I love food, btw, so that being said, do you have a favorite type of food? Also, any favorite restaurants in the NYC area (since I'll be there a lot sooner than I'll be in Boulder)?

pewter14
01-29-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm mad at NYC right now ... several of my friends have moved there recently, and now one of my best friends and biggest concert buddies is moving there.

bad NYC ... BAD BAD!

chunk
01-29-2007, 02:54 PM
can I just say, I have no fucking idea what an Otter Pop is.

think popsicles melted down, scraped off concrete, and eventually transferred into double sealed recycled newspaper wrappers to be frozen again.

Tylerdurden31
01-29-2007, 02:55 PM
think popsicles melted down, scraped off concrete, and eventually transferred into double sealed recycled newspaper wrappers to be frozen again.

ah...must be a west coast thing...or just not an east coast thing. I mean...we have something like that...not otter pops though...i forget what they're called. Something less creative I'm sure.

devachan
01-29-2007, 03:59 PM
OK, new question for the BMOTW...
devachan, Why oh why do you force yourself to survive on this planet without the occasional delicious ambrosia that is an Otter Pop? I'm 28 years old, don't really eat much sweet stuff or ice cream, get most of my calories through alcohol and yet, I can't begin to imagine life without Otter Pops. Maybe it's because I live in a state that seemingly has about 325 days of summer and I enjoy the icy treats. And, if you won't let yourself succumb to the pleasures of Alexander the Grape, that's fine with me, but you have to have some guilty pleasure. You come across as being one of the nicest people on this board, but what's your vice? Everyone has a vice, even if it is as benign as unprotected sex with underage goats (looking in your direction, ragingdave)... What's your vice?

Dammit Nothingman. I used to like the Rocket Popsicle's that were colored red, white and blue and tasted like heaven in my mouth. Otter Pops (from what I remember) were really small and tasted chemically. In the summer they would melt in like 30 seconds and colored sugar water would be all over the place. I think maybe you need to raise your standards for a guilty pleasure because Otter Pops suck.

amyzzz
01-29-2007, 04:32 PM
I don't really care for Otter Pops either. Sorry, nothingman.

devachan
01-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Sushi question: Octopus or Eel?

Octopus.

Nikki your photographs are fucking fierce. I'm totally jealous of your talent. What brought you to New York? Have you ever visited our fine midwest?

Also, what is your best flavor of jelly belly?

Thank you Valarie. Mostly modern art and it looked exciting. The coolest thing by far was seeing Sandra Oh in a play in Greenwich. I was in the front row and had eye contact with her a couple of times. Grey's Anatomy does her acting ability no justice. I have not visited your fine midwest. Are you talking Cincinnati? Or Chicago-Detroit? I'd like to see Chicago sometime. I am however planning to visit NYC again this summer.

My favorite Jelly Belly flavor is cotton candy.

I'm mad at NYC right now ... several of my friends have moved there recently, and now one of my best friends and biggest concert buddies is moving there.

bad NYC ... BAD BAD!

I Love NYC. I'd move there right now if I didn't love Cali just a tad more.

I don't really care for Otter Pops either. Sorry, nothingman.

Even Amy agrees.

You come across as being one of the nicest people on this board, but what's your vice? Everyone has a vice, even if it is as benign as unprotected sex with underage goats (looking in your direction, ragingdave)... What's your vice?

Smoking. Any others are way too personal for a public forum.

Beautiful B&W shot of NYC. All three are great, actually, but I love the B&W there.

My Criminal Justice teacher was a district judge and he told a story one time of a police officer testifying in a case and saying (regarding a car they had pulled over), "The smell of marijuana was loud..." That became a catchphrase for us for a while. I loved it.

I love food, btw, so that being said, do you have a favorite type of food? Also, any favorite restaurants in the NYC area (since I'll be there a lot sooner than I'll be in Boulder)?

I'm going to get back to you on these. Damn man, you ask some tough questions.

CuervoPH
01-29-2007, 08:21 PM
yeah...the questions were basically an excuse to post my "the smell of marijuana was loud" story...but I still am interested in your answers...I do love food...

breakjaw
01-30-2007, 09:40 PM
You come across as being one of the nicest people on this board
Ditto to this.

bug on your lip
02-01-2007, 09:24 AM
i nominate comiddle

2nd it you bitches

Yablonowitz
02-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Seconded.

Matty22Fatty
02-01-2007, 09:37 AM
I've never heard of Otter Pops either. That must be a Cali thing. Sound a little like Water Ices though.

Those are great photos of NYC. I'm from NY, but moved down to Philly 3 1/2 years ago for law school. If you ever have any questions about law school, let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

nothingman00
02-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Dammit Devachan, you kinda avoided my question there. What is your main vice?

Lamedar
02-01-2007, 10:00 AM
I nominate Bug

nothingman00
02-01-2007, 10:07 AM
I was going to nominate Breakjaw... I guess next week will work.

bug on your lip
02-01-2007, 10:10 AM
comiddle

its you brotha, start answering questions

comiddle
02-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Do I win?
Desert Island: Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Rust Never Sleeps. Or Greendale. I really like Greendale.

Childhood pet: I had a white cat named Chicken and another cat named Cleo. Chicken was the shit. I remember him getting out and fighting with the strays and stuff. He kept the yard clean like that.

Area of expertise: I really haven't got one. I'm a young'un, didn't do the college/uni thing and instead chose to bum around in the mountains camping & hiking and junk. I haven't really got a hobby... I used to play guitar a lot, now I rarely touch them. I got nothin' here.

nothingman00
02-01-2007, 10:22 AM
So your area of expertise is relaxation. Not a bad thing at all.

bug on your lip
02-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Area of expertise: I really haven't got one. I haven't really got a hobby... I used to play guitar a lot, now I rarely touch them. I got nothin' here.

Don't fill the void with Islam, that's all i can say

comiddle
02-01-2007, 10:30 AM
I just ordered a Qu'ran from Amazon.

bug on your lip
02-01-2007, 10:35 AM
i'm too late

comiddle
02-01-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm pretty good at making bad decisions.
I have an appointment next week to have two 6ga needles pushed into my face, and then a couple of days later I have a meeting with some bigwigs regarding a promotion. I think I'll call that my area of expertise: bad decisions.

Matty22Fatty
02-01-2007, 11:14 AM
What are ga needles? More importantly, why did you make this decision?

bmack86
02-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Gauge. For piercings. That's my guess at least

thefunkylama
02-01-2007, 12:59 PM
And if you're right, those will be some pretty big piercings.

nothingman00
02-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Comiddle, what's your favorite soup?

Also, apply the desert island concept to books and video games. You can only have one book and one video game from any system (assume that the system is somehow on the island and doesn't require electricity).

comiddle
02-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Yes yes, 6ga piercings. I've been waiting for these sweet plugs to be made and they're finally ready for me. Unfortunately, I've got this Ass. Man. interview that same week. It's not that they're high strung on that sort of thing, it's just the whole swollen/bloody mess is bad. I might have to reschedule that, which would put it back about a month as my favourite needle pusher is going out of town.

Desert island book: Fifty Wooden Boats: A Catalog of Building Plans, Vol.1 (Paperback) - Woodenboat Magazine
However, if the airport bookstore for some reason hasn't got that in stock on my way out to this island, I'd probably go with The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury

Video Game: Easy, Tetris! I love video games, but I always find myself going back to Tetris. I'm really digging FFXII right now though.

As for favourite soup: Vegetarian Mulligatawny. It's aces, and my carnivore grandmother whips it up just for me every now and then.

nothingman00
02-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Tetris is a good answer. I'd probably go Tecmo Bowl or the original Zelda...

devachan
02-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Congratulations Comiddle on becoming BMOTW! :dumbo

Do you like zombies? I do. What is your favorite zombie movie?

I've never heard of Otter Pops either. That must be a Cali thing. Sound a little like Water Ices though.

Those are great photos of NYC. I'm from NY, but moved down to Philly 3 1/2 years ago for law school. If you ever have any questions about law school, let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

I definitely will. Thank you!

Nothingman I heard you and no comment.

comiddle
02-04-2007, 03:50 PM
I love zombies and everything zombie. My favourite day of the year is the Calgary Zombie Walk, which is always a blast. I hope to make it out to the Vancouver Zombie Walk this year as well, as theirs seems to be much bigger than ours.
I think my favourite zombie movie of all time would be Zombie (Zombi 2) by Lucio Fulci. I like Romero's movies as well, but wouldn't put them as #1.

I think Hollywood needs to start making more 'classic' zombie movies. I think the only zombie movie from the last few years that was remotely decent and zombie like was Shaun of the Dead.

amyzzz
02-04-2007, 07:26 PM
How many piercings do you have? I got my ears pierced when I was 7, and I hardly ever wear earrings. My ears always end up infected if I do anyway.

comiddle
02-05-2007, 09:15 PM
I have five at the moment, but they come and go.
Nostril/Nostril
Nape
Subdermal on the chest.
The last is third date material. Dinner?

amyzzz
02-06-2007, 07:20 AM
Excuse me if I sound naive, but what is a nape? I can only think "neck" here.

TomAz
02-06-2007, 07:23 AM
The nape is the back of the neck.

bug on your lip
02-06-2007, 07:24 AM
man. what is Calgary like ?

amyzzz
02-06-2007, 07:30 AM
Yeah, but a piercing on the back of the neck? That just sounds wrong.

HowToDisappear
02-06-2007, 07:44 AM
Hi comiddle - from photos I've seen, Alberta is a beautiful part of the world. You've spent a lot of time in the mountains, so tell us about your favorite camping spots and/or most epic hikes there (or anywhere for that matter).

Matty22Fatty
02-06-2007, 08:03 AM
I'd also like to know where you have travelled to around Canada, the US, and elsewhere.

comiddle
02-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Calgary is bunk. Avoid the place like the plague. It's boring, expensive and devoid of culture. There's a flood of people coming here looking for jobs, but what they don't realize is that there are only service jobs in the city, the big jobs that they're hearing about at home are in fact up at Fort MacMurray working on the rigs... and rig pigs are assholes, so nobody wants to go up there. The low paying service jobs aren't enough to pay the ridiculous rent in this city.

However, I'll give Calgary credit for being close to the mountains. The location is pretty great as you can have the big city comforts with the Rockies a quick drive away. There are a lot of great trails and camping between here and Vancouver.

Some of the good ones in the area (Montana, BC, AB): Emerald Lake, Hamilton Falls, Medicine Grizzly Lake, Tonquin Valley, Gunsight Pass.

My girlfriend and I are in discussions about attempting the Pacific Crest Trail. We're both really excited to give it a shot, but it's still at least a year away. In the meantime I'm planning a trip to the island to do the West Coast Trail.

I haven't really travelled much. I've visited the major cities between Vancouver & LA, most of the major cities between Vancouver and Toronto (no Montreal as of yet), made quick jaunts to Grand Cayman, Mexico, Jamaica, New Orleans, driven to the NWT. None of this is travel though. I haven't spent more than a couple of weeks in any of these places. I've got a trip to Costa Rica in the near future.

As soon as the special lady friend is done her schooling (year and a bit), we'd like to go to Argentina & Peru and explore around there for a couple of months and to take a ride to Antarctica. I think that'll be the first big trip. But I'm young, plenty of time for that stuff.

For Amy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqOoWQVk6-k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqOoWQVk6-k

keriann
02-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Is Ass. Man. a common abbreviation for assistant manager in Canada? That entertains me.

comiddle
02-07-2007, 02:24 AM
I said that in front of a big wig the other day. The office fell silent.

I don't think he got it.

I haven't flown in a while and I've never used an e-ticket. Is it easy? I just booked a flight and it's all e-ticketed. I'm prefer a paper ticket, but I guess I can't get one. From what I understand, I just walk up to the kiosk, punch in the confirmation # and it prints a boarding pass for me, right? I hate this crap. I want real tickets.

bug on your lip
02-07-2007, 06:08 AM
Argentina & Peru don't border each other, pretty big jump.
just thought i'd throw that out there

amyzzz
02-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Comiddle,
All I'm seeing is a white box. Is the Youtube below that the same as the white box? I watched that.

comiddle
02-07-2007, 07:39 AM
I'd like to go to Argentina, she'd like to go to Peru. Maybe we'll take the road, maybe we'll fly. I've heard Chile is great.

And yea, same video. I suck at this embedding thing.

bug on your lip
02-07-2007, 07:43 AM
i def want to go 2 Chile. but Neruda is my favorite poet of all time, so i have a real romantic view of that country.

Peru does have the Inca stuff, as well as the Amazon. those are 2 huge pluses in my book

TomAz
02-07-2007, 07:52 AM
I want real tickets.

no you don't. srsly. real tickets can, and do, get lost. Real tickets are just another thing you have to remember to bring. etickets are easy. very easy. just show up and show your ID. or punch the # into the kiosk. whatever. it's easy.

Matty22Fatty
02-07-2007, 01:13 PM
just show up and show your ID. or punch the # into the kiosk.

Its actually easier than that. All you have to do is stick any credit/debit card in the machine. It doesn't even have to be the one you used to purchase your tix, so long as its in your name (or whoever purchased the ticket).

The only place I've been in South America is Ecuador, but it was amazing.

breakjaw
02-08-2007, 06:25 AM
I nominate Tom(The OG BMOTW!)

TomAz
02-08-2007, 06:39 AM
are we gonna start repeating?

if so I nominate yablo.

breakjaw
02-08-2007, 06:42 AM
If we don't repeat,there's only 1 guy for the job:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/SublimeRHCP/070205_101846.jpg
PassiveTheory Rules!
(and he's a Decemberists fan,so I like him already)

Tylerdurden31
02-08-2007, 07:53 AM
some people have never been nominated....ahem

Matty22Fatty
02-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Am i veteran enough to nominate one tylerdurden31...?

chairmenmeow47
02-08-2007, 08:08 AM
i'll second tylerdurden31

TomAz
02-08-2007, 08:37 AM
tylerdurden31 it is then!

1. Desert island record?
2. What were your childhood pets?
3. What are you an expert at?

Tylerdurden31
02-08-2007, 09:52 AM
tylerdurden31 it is then!

1. Desert island record?

I'd have to go with Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I. It's got a nice variety and I can listen to it straight through, possibly numerous times. Every song has it's place and mood and 8 Minutes is great for being on a desert island being that it's pretty much about the end of the world.

I only had fish...15 in a year...they all died.

I'm not sure I'm an expert at anything. But I will say that I'm really good at learning how to use hardware, software, most anything when I do it hands-on. I'd much rather use something than read about it. If this doesn't satisfy, I'll come back later and come up with something else.

bug on your lip
02-08-2007, 09:57 AM
I'd have to go with Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I.

STUD !
one of the greatest albums ever made

Tylerdurden31
02-08-2007, 02:07 PM
I'd have to go with Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I.

STUD !
one of the greatest albums ever made

damn skippy. Every note is perfect

bmack86
02-08-2007, 03:52 PM
That is indeed a great album.
What kind of fish, and do you know how they died?
What did you think of Travis Morrisson's solo album?

Tylerdurden31
02-08-2007, 04:41 PM
What kind of fish, and do you know how they died?

some goldfish, some beta fish and I think one catfish...small catfish. They all probably died because I was an irresponsible pet owner and didn't feed them enough.

What did you think of Travis Morrisson's solo album?

I think the shit this album got was due to the fact that everyone compared his solo stuff to D-Plan. I will say that some of the lyrics are fucking cheesy as hell. But for what it is...it's not bad. It's not great, though. I actually went to see Travis & The Hellfighters last summer I think. It was pretty good stuff. He didn't play anything off of Travistan, everything was new.

mountmccabe
02-08-2007, 05:35 PM
What is the 31 in your handle for.

Do you have a camera. What kind is it.

What is your favorite thing on the wall in your room.

Matty22Fatty
02-08-2007, 06:39 PM
What band is that in your avatar?

Tylerdurden31
02-08-2007, 08:24 PM
What is the 31 in your handle for.

March 1st...birthday, which I share with

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/72/Zackmorris.jpg/220px-Zackmorris.jpg
http://www.therockradio.com/roger-daltrey.jpg
http://www.oncolink.org/types/images/prostate/harry_b.jpg

and last but not least
http://wgngold.com/photos/caray-harry-250w.jpg

Do you have a camera. What kind is it.

Sony DSC-H2 (http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=DSCH2&Dept=cameras&CategoryName=dcc_DIDigitalCameras_style_fullfeatur ed)

I got it with Hannukah money, specifically because a 3x zoom just doesn't cut it at coachella. A 12x zoom should do quite nicely

What is your favorite thing on the wall in your room.

either this

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/179/384357170_ade30ad0f0.jpg

or this

http://www.musicartsjapan.com/shoping/shop_emek/img/em_1.jpg

Tylerdurden31
02-08-2007, 08:28 PM
What band is that in your avatar?

that would be Broken Social Scene I believe a snippet from the video 7/4 Shoreline

Uev2J_cBHjQ

bmack86
02-08-2007, 08:33 PM
when you saw Travis, did he play any D-Plan stuff?
I've got some Dismemberment bootlegs, and their live show sounded amazing.

Tylerdurden31
02-08-2007, 08:47 PM
when you saw Travis, did he play any D-Plan stuff?
I've got some Dismemberment bootlegs, and their live show sounded amazing.

Negative...everything they played was brand new. None of it had been recorded yet.

I have one D-Plan bootleg...it's pretty sweet.

I saw them once during their final tour. I had tickets to 2 nights, but no one to go with and it was a pretty shitty time of my life at that point. I went to one night alone, which was fun. Sold my second night tickets and regretted ever since.

pewter14
02-08-2007, 08:50 PM
or this

http://www.musicartsjapan.com/shoping/shop_emek/img/em_1.jpg

I'm totally doing the Germany Pearl Jam trip on the TenClub site, decided today ... have friends in Germany too, double bonus.

Are you a huge PJ Fan? Where and when have you seen them?

Tylerdurden31
02-08-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm totally doing the Germany Pearl Jam trip on the TenClub site, decided today ... have friends in Germany too, double bonus.

Are you a huge PJ Fan? Where and when have you seen them?

I used to be a bigger fan, but there's too much music to be that big of a fan of anyone. I've seen them 8 times

Randall's Island, NY 9/29/1996

looooooooooong span

Nassau Coliseum 4/30/2003
MSG 7/8 and 7/9 2003
Hershey Park Stadium 7/12/2003
PNC Bank Arts Center, NJ 7/14/2003
Bridge School Benefit 10/2003
Vote For Change Show in Kissimmee 10/8/2004
Continental Airlines Arena, NJ 6/3/2006

pewter14
02-08-2007, 09:29 PM
I used to be a bigger fan, but there's too much music to be that big of a fan of anyone. I've seen them 8 times

Randall's Island, NY 9/29/1996

looooooooooong span

Nassau Coliseum 4/30/2003
MSG 7/8 and 7/9 2003
Hershey Park Stadium 7/12/2003
PNC Bank Arts Center, NJ 7/14/2003
Bridge School Benefit 10/2003
Vote For Change Show in Kissimmee 10/8/2004
Continental Airlines Arena, NJ 6/3/2006

Totally agree, there is too much music to get focused on one band, I don't follow anyone around, but they're probably the only band who play 3-4 shows in a city and I'll see every show of when their in town ...

First time I saw them, they played my college for $4 in the fall of 1991 ...

oh, your shoreline vid is a splendid choice ... first time I heard that was at Coachella 2004 ... I have a boot of that you're interested, after all you are BMOTW!

Matty22Fatty
02-08-2007, 09:41 PM
I thought that might have been Axl in a kilt...in your avatar

Tylerdurden31
02-09-2007, 05:19 AM
I thought that might have been Axl in a kilt...in your avatar

Feist is definitely hotter than Axl

Matty22Fatty
02-09-2007, 07:31 AM
Feist is definitely hotter than Axl

Agreed - Feist is definitely hot!

Of course, I did look pretty hot a couple of years ago when I dressed up as Axl for halloween. I had the wig, bandana, kilt, combat boots and aviator shades (from my gf). Plus, I grew out my beard which is surprisingly red.

amyzzz
02-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Wait until Thursday at midnight, California time.

mob roulette
02-12-2007, 07:31 PM
K

three character minimum?

!!! bitches

K thanks

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-12-2007, 08:43 PM
bump.

i don't know how this works, if it's tyler's turn or what, but i'd like to cast my BMOTW vote to my long-suffering and invisible fiancee, hannahrain. her acerbic wit and captivating smile keeps all the smart boys entertained.

seconds?

Some people will do anything for a litle sumpin',sumpin'!

bmack86
02-13-2007, 10:36 PM
BMOTW is dying on us. Revive this motha!

Tylerdurden31
02-14-2007, 03:47 AM
i feel unwanted and unquestioned

sonofhal
02-14-2007, 04:05 AM
i feel unwanted and unquestioned

Ok - Out of the many BSS related artists, (Metric, Stars, Fiest, Memphis, Emily Haines etc) - If you could choose only one to be added to this years coachella lineup, who would it be?

Tylerdurden31
02-14-2007, 06:24 AM
Ok - Out of the many BSS related artists, (Metric, Stars, Fiest, Memphis, Emily Haines etc) - If you could choose only one to be added to this years coachella lineup, who would it be?

Well...being that Metric was there last year, I saw Stars @ lolla, Feist I feel like wouldn't be as exciting for me...soooooooo I'm gonna go with Do Make Say Think. Never seen them and I like their stuff.

Of course Broken Social Scene would be my #1, but you said BSS related

bmack86
02-14-2007, 08:39 AM
What sets you apart from all the other Tyler Durdens of the world?

Tylerdurden31
02-14-2007, 09:27 AM
What sets you apart from all the other Tyler Durdens of the world?

I'm not 100% obsessed with fight club. I pick this name because I used to love the movie and I've used it for so many other things already that it's just easier.

I don't feel the need to live my life based on a character from a novel. The ideas in the book were good, but not always so realistic for some people.

bmack86
02-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Did you prefer the novel or the movie?

Matty22Fatty
02-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Have you read any other CP books? I love them - most of them. My favorite is Survivor. That book is crazy!

amyzzz
02-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Do you have a Valentine?

Tylerdurden31
02-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Did you prefer the novel or the movie?

the Fight Club movie was probably one of the best made from a novel. I like both one way or another. I'd probably say the movie, because of Ed Norton and Helena Bonham Carter, but not by much.

worst movie representation of a book...Battle Royale. The book was incredible, the movie was terrible

canexplain
02-14-2007, 10:51 AM
one day when i grow up, maybe i can be the MBOTW lol ... cr*****

Tylerdurden31
02-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Have you read any other CP books? I love them - most of them. My favorite is Survivor. That book is crazy!

I've read all his books except for Haunted. I can't really get into Haunted. That story with the carrot and the pool vacuum was pretty nasty though.

my favorite was Invisible Monsters. I even read that book about Portland. There were a few cool stories in there.

Hannahrain
02-14-2007, 10:58 AM
after reading haunted, have you ceased any calamari eating?

Tylerdurden31
02-14-2007, 11:03 AM
Do you have a Valentine?

that would be my girlfriend

after reading haunted, have you ceased any calamari eating?

actually, I try to eat it as much as possible now ;)

CheersDarlin
02-14-2007, 11:16 AM

Invisible Monsters.

Matty22Fatty
02-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Invisible Monsters is the only one that I haven't read yet (I think). What do you guys think about Survivor and Lullybye? I think they'd both make great films. I also love the Fight Club movie. It is one of my favorite movies and definitely helped propel Ed Norton to the very top of my actor list.

I actually like the Battle Royale movie, but I've heard from others that the book is much better as well.

I hear what you're saying about Haunted. Its a tough one, but what a way to start (the pool vaccuum). I think those were the most disturbing ten (or so) pages I've ever read. What is the calamari story? Did calamari and carrots just come out? I can't remember...

Hannahrain
02-14-2007, 11:23 AM
"if I told you how it tasted, you'd never eat calamari again."

haunted.

invisible monsters is amazing. lullabye as well. never read survivor.

Tylerdurden31
02-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Invisible Monsters is the only one that I haven't read yet (I think). What do you guys think about Survivor and Lullybye? I think they'd both make great films. I also love the Fight Club movie. It is one of my favorite movies and definitely helped propel Ed Norton to the very top of my actor list.

I actually like the Battle Royale movie, but I've heard from others that the book is much better as well.

I hear what you're saying about Haunted. Its a tough one, but what a way to start (the pool vaccuum). I think those were the most disturbing ten (or so) pages I've ever read. What is the calamari story? Did calamari and carrots just come out? I can't remember...

they're making invisible monsters...I believe Jessica Biel is the main character.

Survivor, I've heard rumors about a movie and Lullaby could be a movie, but I haven't heard about that.

mob roulette
02-14-2007, 11:27 AM
invisible monsters is quite good. choke is underrated. he should do a children's book next. and radiohead a blues album. then i might care again.

CheersDarlin
02-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Invisible Monsters is the only one that I haven't read yet (I think). What do you guys think about Survivor and Lullybye?

I forgot about Lullaby. I've read most of his novels but the only one I didn't really care for was Diary.

Tylerdurden31
02-14-2007, 11:41 AM
I forgot about Lullaby. I've read most of his novels but the only one I didn't really care for was Diary.

really? I thought Diary was a pretty good one.

thinnerair
02-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Mike,
If you had to choose one, which would you pick. Remember...you have to pick one. No wussing out.

Would you either:
Cut off both your big toes and thumbs

or

have sex with your dad

Tylerdurden31
02-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Mike,
If you had to choose one, which would you pick. Remember...you have to pick one. No wussing out.

Would you either:
Cut off both your big toes and thumbs

or

have sex with your dad

I'd cut off my toes and thumbs and have bionic toes and thumbs installed. And I will use them to slay you.

thinnerair
02-14-2007, 12:03 PM
bullshit answer.

thefunkylama
02-14-2007, 12:12 PM
I dunno, the slaying portion seemed pretty sincere.

Tylerdurden31
02-14-2007, 12:19 PM
I dunno, the slaying portion seemed pretty sincere.

i always find that the word "slay" is taken more seriously than most other threatening words.

Matty22Fatty
02-14-2007, 01:01 PM
I liked Diary too. There all pretty good, but Survivor is the best.

"Slay" is only taken seriously b/c SLAYER RULES!!! YEAH!!!

thefunkylama
02-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Yes. Exactly the reason why. Slayer strikes fear in my heart just to say the name. Sla-- I can't. No. Stop.

breakjaw
02-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Week 1 - TomAz (Tom)
Week 2 - Jackstraw94086 (Jack)
Week 3 - Mountmccabe (John)
Week 4 - Schoolofruckus (Gabe)
Week 5 - Jenniehoo (Jennie)
Week 6 - Full on idle (Valarie)
Week 7 - Tessalasset (Tessa)
Week 8 - Menikmati (Erik)
Week 9 - Caco0283 (Ronnie)
Week 10 - ItsAllTooMuch (Dustin)
Week 11 - Buddy6pt2 (Rey)
Week 12 - Ocpathfinder (Kirk)
Week 13 - Thinnerair (Nando)
Week 14 - Bballarl (Andrew)
Week 15 - Yablonowitz (Greg)
Week 16 - Stefinitely Maybe (Stefan)
Week 17 - mmmmmdonuts (Justin)
Week 18 - hawking vs reeve (Brandon)
Week 19 - bug on your lip (Bug)
Week 20 - Adamnikyo(Adam)
Week 21 - MisterTaco(Adam's cousin)
Week 22 - The FunkyLama(Alma)
Week 23 - ewiggy/fortydollarsworthofmeat(Kristen)
Week 24 - CuervoPh(Trey)
Week 25 - breakjaw(Robert)
Week 26 - amyzzz (Amy)
Week 27 - york707 (Jeff)
Week 28 - chrislasf (Chris)
Week 29 - vinylmartyr (Jeff)
Week 30 - keriann02 (Keriann)
Week 31 - dorkfish (Brad)
Week 32 - woogie846 (Joey)
Week 33 - ragingdave (Dave)
Week 34 - nothingman (Zach)
Week 35 - devachan (Nikki)
Week 36 - comiddle (?)
Week 37 - tylerdurden31 (Mike)
EDIT
Went back and filled in some of the names.If I left yours out,I'm sorry,my eyes are just swimming from going back 35 or so pages on this and the old thread,and I don't want to post any wrong names.

bmack86
02-14-2007, 07:01 PM
how was mistertaco bmotw before vinyl?

Tylerdurden31
02-14-2007, 07:23 PM
how was mistertaco bmotw before vinyl?

Well...someone most likely nominated him and someone else seconded that nomination. This probably occurred prior to someone nominating vinyl.

Matty22Fatty
02-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Damn breakjaw. I'm impressed that you were able to keep track of that shit.

breakjaw
02-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Tom did all the work,I went back and found his list on the old boards and just added in the ones since.If someone knows all the changed aliases/real names feel free to fill them in and update the list!

Mr.Nipples
02-14-2007, 09:16 PM
they're making invisible monsters...I believe Jessica Biel is the main character.

Survivor, I've heard rumors about a movie and Lullaby could be a movie, but I haven't heard about that.

survivor wont be made into a film because it will offend to many people who havent gotten over the events of september 11th(nearly everyone).

breakjaw
02-14-2007, 11:35 PM
I nominate BMack86 because Life Won't Wait.
And because I liked his radio show.

idrive1life
02-15-2007, 12:12 AM
I second.

breakjaw
02-15-2007, 12:54 AM
1. Desert island record?
Do you not feel bad sometimes for your young counterparts that have to attend USC while you are living it up in Westwood?
(This was just to stir things up,I will have a real question fo you in the morning.)

bmack86
02-15-2007, 01:03 AM
1.I've got alternating feelings about the Desert Island record. My gut tells me that I would go with Can-Tago Mago. It's my favorite album of all time, and the scope of the album pretty much ensures that I'd never get bored with it. But, The Beatles-White Album would put up a good fight because of the variety of songs. I'd go with Can.

2.Before my parents had me, they got an orphaned tabby with an eye infection, which they named Rusty. I was a premie, and when they brought me home they were afraid that the cat would hurt me because I was so small. He jumped into my crib, curled around me and slept with me my first night home. For the next 16 years of my life, anytime I was at home, Rusty would follow me, sleep on my chest and act as a "protector" (if people he didn't know came too close to me, he would hiss unless I picked him up). Having to put him down was like losing a family member, but he was nearly 20 years old.

3.I'm too young to really claim an expertise in anything, but I do know quite a bit about music history and music in general. That's a tad bit redundant on a music board, but I've got a pretty extensive knowledge of music from at least the 50s onward.

And, I do honestly feel kinda bad for them. I like being able to walk to the grocery store at 2 in the morning and feeling safe. I'm from a small town, and that feeling of safety is something i took for granted there.

breakjaw
02-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Thank you for taking my USC/UCLA question seriously,now I feel bad for trying to bait you into putting USC down.
OK a quick Coachella question,of the acts that'll most likely be in the Mohave or Gobi,who would you be most excited to check out each day?(with the understanding some might get an early set on the Main or Outdoor,like Wolfmother did,etc.)

bmack86
02-15-2007, 01:21 AM
Yeah, I love UCLA and am not a fan of SC, but I do pity those fools.

As far as the acts go,
Day 1: Right now, I'm probably most excited to see Gogol Bordello just based on their live reputation, but Gabe's raised my expectations for Silversun Pickups, who I'll check out)
Day 2:This is the toughie. I'm not sure where they'll play, but if Justice is in one of those tents they are most definitely the ones i'm most excited for. They'll probably be in Sahara tent tho, and I'm almost as excited to see Girl Talk. That day has the most bands I want to see overall.
Day 3:I would say Grizzly Bear, but I'm seeing them twice next week. I'm more excited about the small bands playing that day as well, but when I heard that Konono No. 1 were gonna be there, I flipped my lid.

TomAz
02-15-2007, 05:54 AM
Tom did all the work,I went back and found his list on the old boards and just added in the ones since.If someone knows all the changed aliases/real names feel free to fill them in and update the list!

not me. I C&P the list from an earlier post.

bmack86
02-15-2007, 11:02 AM
How did we not get Comiddle's name when she (he?) was BMOTW?

Tylerdurden31
02-15-2007, 11:13 AM
bmack...what the hell is your avatar?

and

who do you think is the most overrated rock band of all time?

bmack86
02-15-2007, 11:38 AM
bmack...what the hell is your avatar?

and

who do you think is the most overrated rock band of all time?

My avatar is the cover of Boredoms-Super AE. It's in my top ten favorite albums of the 90s, without a doubt.

Most overrated rock band...I'd go with the Rolling Stones. There were plenty of other bands of their era who were churning out similarly good music, and I won't deny that, during the 60s, they put out some great stuff. However, bands like the Kinks and the Who and, to a lesser extent, the Yardbirds, etc. were playing similar music. Also, the Stones haven't released anything truly worthwhile since Exile on Main St. yet they are still revered, and each album is praised as a "return to form." I like em, but they're overrated.
And, the Kinks had better riffs.

Tylerdurden31
02-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Most overrated rock band...I'd go with the Rolling Stones.

I like you

bmack86
02-15-2007, 12:11 PM
high five!

breakjaw
02-16-2007, 10:39 PM
Bryan,have you had a chance to ride on a train?What was your favorite train ride?

bmack86
02-17-2007, 01:21 AM
I rode the train around washington, but i was a mere two years old. I don't really recall most of my train experiences, except for metro trains. I liked the DC metro the best, because it was the most logical system to my 12 year old brain. Also, there is a train museum in my home town, so i've seen the roots of the railroad firsthand.

omg wtf bbq
02-17-2007, 01:30 AM
i nominate myself

bmack86
02-17-2007, 01:34 AM
hey, hey now. Wait until thursday.

omg wtf bbq
02-17-2007, 01:38 AM
spot on.. spot on

bmack86
02-17-2007, 01:41 AM
I think we're the only two people awake at this point. How are you BBQ?

omg wtf bbq
02-17-2007, 01:43 AM
I think we're the only two people awake at this point. How are you BBQ?

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41088000/jpg/_41088327_xuanminh203.jpg

IMGOODIJUSTDRANK2REDBULLSANDIMROCKINGOUTTOSOME KRAUTROCK

http://www.ilcannocchiale.it/blogs/bloggerimg/200481365601650.jpg

omg wtf bbq
02-17-2007, 01:43 AM
and yourself?

worldwide2020
02-17-2007, 01:44 AM
Good call. It's like he wants us to be liked by everyone. I mean Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes everybody liked. They left that to the Bee Gees.

bmack86
02-17-2007, 01:45 AM
That's a damn good album. If i weren't going to bed, I'd listen to this
http://www.pooterland.com/images/covers/Can_Ege_Bamyasi.jpg

omg wtf bbq
02-17-2007, 01:47 AM
That's a damn good album. If i weren't going to bed, I'd listen to this
http://www.pooterland.com/images/covers/Can_Ege_Bamyasi.jpg

great album

do ya dig brainticket, cluster, neu!, embryo, ash ra tempel, annexus quam, xhol caravan, birth control?

bmack86
02-17-2007, 01:50 AM
I really like Cluster, Neu! and Ash Ra Tempel. Haven't heard the rest. I'll have to check em out. I love me some Krautrock

vinylmartyr
02-17-2007, 01:56 AM
The Rolling Stones pre 1980 were awesome. After 1980's they should have retired. They have some off my favorite songs of all time. Tumblin Dice, Rocks Off, Can Ya Here Me Knockin, Wild Horses, anything off their satanic majesties request. I could go on and on. They were fucking brilliant.

vinylmartyr
02-17-2007, 01:58 AM
I would have accepted the Eagles as overrated. They had some ok songs though. That Eagles greatest hits vol one is like the best selling album ever.

vinylmartyr
02-17-2007, 02:00 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Their_Greatest_Hits_(1971-1975)

Ya its the top selling album of all time in the US with 29 million copies sold. That would rank them HIGH in the overrated category.

bmack86
02-17-2007, 08:29 AM
I don't think of the Eagles as very highly critically rated, despite the fact that they've sold well. I liked a few of the songs on releases after exile, but as a whole i was always underwhelmed.

vinylmartyr
02-17-2007, 08:41 AM
Ever just been whelmed by a band?

bmack86
02-17-2007, 11:37 AM
i've had that feeling. Like, hey, these guys, they're playing music. It's not great, but not bad, completely whelming.

vinylmartyr
02-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Interpol Live=Whelming

bmack86
02-17-2007, 11:40 AM
That's a perfect example. I'm very whelmed by Iron and Wine and The Shins.

breakjaw
02-22-2007, 11:45 AM
I nominate idrive1life!
(for letting us know about Tim Finn and CH among other reasons)