PDA

View Full Version : after this lineup, who's still going from Miami??

sbessiso
01-22-2008, 07:49 AM
i'm still considering it, but doubtful

Melanie.Dawn
01-22-2008, 08:01 AM
I don't know if I would still go after I saw this line up... if I had a choice! I'm coming from Canada, and we got out house rental and plane tickets before the line up came out... because who worries about a Coachella line up!?
I'm still excited, just not as much... there's a couple bands I LOVE playing... Akron Family, Animal collective, Les Savy Fav... and a couple more, not as many as I'd hoped... but now I can just relax more inbetween instead of running around

Aphxtwinin
01-22-2008, 10:22 AM
im from miami...im still gonna go..the experience will be great again and ill just be in the sahara most of the time. not going was a serious option but i said to myself last year when packing up my tent that even if the line up is shit ill be there and so im keeping my word and my faith in GV for additions. also since getting the 3day pass is three seperate tix if there are certain days i dont want to attend i can just sell those for face value and chill in the campground. btw what part of miami are you from?

MiamiNate
01-22-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm still going. there are at least 30 bands I want to see. divide the ticket price up and its worth it to me.
I've already got plane, hotels and cars paid for so I'm there regardless.

sbessiso
01-22-2008, 12:38 PM
im from miami...im still gonna go..the experience will be great again and ill just be in the sahara most of the time. not going was a serious option but i said to myself last year when packing up my tent that even if the line up is shit ill be there and so im keeping my word and my faith in GV for additions. also since getting the 3day pass is three seperate tix if there are certain days i dont want to attend i can just sell those for face value and chill in the campground. btw what part of miami are you from?

i'm in miami beach

Aphxtwinin
01-22-2008, 12:45 PM
i'm in miami beach

were you there last year? and if so did you see bjork? im wondering because i may have met you

sbessiso
01-22-2008, 12:50 PM
we have not met, i missed coach last year (tickets sold out wayy too fast), i went in 06 though

Aphxtwinin
01-22-2008, 03:45 PM
o ok just wondering

miseducation
01-22-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm from Miami (downtown and Westchester) and I did see Bjork, but I can't say I remember meeting anybody but old' Tommy from the UK.

This year = not for me. I'm going to All Points West, instead. My desire to see Radiohead in that setting is greater than my desire to see anyone else at Coachella.

A lot good bands, especially Friday, but I just can't get excited about it the same way. It's always a maybe until I see the lineup but this one doesn't stir the same kind of excitement.

I love Coachella but a Miami trip is a least a grand per person and I want to keep my options open.

sbessiso
01-22-2008, 04:14 PM
a grand per person?? how is that possible?

Aphxtwinin
01-22-2008, 04:16 PM
im from westchester...and go to FIU. I met someone who said they were from south beach during bjork and we were both staring at the react table in awe as we smoked

sbessiso
01-22-2008, 04:22 PM
i still really wanna go to coach, i just wish i had more money or something

Aphxtwinin
01-22-2008, 04:41 PM
well you can buy a three day pass and since its three seperate tix you can sell tix accordingly if you don't want to attend all three days and you can chill in the campgrounds and still have a jolly ol time

sbessiso
01-22-2008, 04:45 PM
fuck it dude, if i go, im going for all three days, maye ill see you there

Aphxtwinin
01-22-2008, 06:10 PM
i say you should go...definetly worth it...i take the first flight out thursday morning around 8am dont know if im leaving from MIA or Ft. Lauderdale Intl yet.