PDA

View Full Version : SCARS ON BROADWAY

scoop49er
01-22-2008, 06:39 AM
i just realised they are playing on sat and this is the system of a down's side project. so im looking forward to that one

rage patton
01-22-2008, 06:46 AM
Its Daron Malakian and John Dolmayan from System. When I saw them I was pretty excited. I still havent heard any of thier music (because they havent released any) but it is rumoured to have a more industrial/experimental feel to it. Lets hope so!

jennygirl
01-22-2008, 06:54 AM
Yeah, this is one of the acts I was pleasantly surprised to see on the poster!

brokendesign
01-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Yeah, this is one of the acts I was pleasantly surprised to see on the poster!

except daron is SCUM
that side project was started by casey from amen with daron involved.

Memorial_07
01-24-2008, 06:49 PM
This should be fun.
I kind of wanted Serj to play solo at Coachella though

scarred
03-15-2008, 09:37 PM
prepare to be SCARRED FOR LIFE everyone!

ON SATURDAY APRIL 26th at COACHELLA!

SCARS ON BROADWAY

ITS ALL ABOUT TO END

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q294/ekimfrederick/scarsonbroadway_gif02.gif

frozen pilgrim
03-15-2008, 09:39 PM
This should be fun.
I kind of wanted Serj to play solo at Coachella though

biggity BAM, motherfucker!

you have some praising of allah to do

or maybe something more like a mild "wow, what a coinkidink- thanks, paul"

rage patton
03-15-2008, 09:54 PM
prepare to be SCARRED FOR LIFE everyone!

ON SATURDAY APRIL 26th at COACHELLA!

SCARS ON BROADWAY

ITS ALL ABOUT TO END

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q294/ekimfrederick/scarsonbroadway_gif02.gif

I wonder if this is actually Darron.

Also, is this when the CD comes out? Or when thier single comes out? Ima check out scarsonbroadway.com to find out the details.

EDIT: Evidently, its their single. They myspace still have no music and the website is merely a countdown.

superfiction
03-15-2008, 09:57 PM
at least they were nice enough to search for this thread to leave their spam

indiekid89
03-16-2008, 12:18 AM
No Thanks, I'll Be Watching Serj.

psycobetabuckdown
03-16-2008, 12:52 AM
No Thanks, I'll Be Watching Serj.

Retroactively?

the long grift
03-18-2008, 12:43 PM
brokendesign is right.... scars on broadway was started by casey chaos and daron.... that system song byob was a scars songs that casey sang on, originally, i think...

i wonder if casey will appear on the record, at all, or if he is not involved at all. i would love it if he got up and did a song or two with them, but i doubt it...

James
03-18-2008, 12:53 PM
I only have one question: does Daron do vocals?

If so, fuck this band.

Blinken
03-18-2008, 01:23 PM
yes he does sing.

rage patton
03-18-2008, 08:58 PM
brokendesign is right.... scars on broadway was started by casey chaos and daron.... that system song byob was a scars songs that casey sang on, originally, i think...

i wonder if casey will appear on the record, at all, or if he is not involved at all. i would love it if he got up and did a song or two with them, but i doubt it...

First, I have heard the name Casey Chaos. But don't know who he is. I heard that 3 year old Scars demo song w/ Darron on guitar and Casey singing, and it fucking sucked. Thank god he isn't in the band anymore.
And he won't be returning to the band. Rumours say Darron started to steer the band towards a more electronic/industrial feel, and Casey wanted all out Metal, but Darron said no. Casey left the band, and Darron decided to do the vocals.

nbvwes
03-19-2008, 01:03 AM
i'm really, really surprised that Scars on Broadway and Serj Tankian are playing on separate days...

superfiction
03-19-2008, 06:55 AM
i'm really, really surprised that Scars on Broadway and Serj Tankian are playing on separate days...

why. neither act is a HUGE draw at this festival. and while we think it wold be cool to see them play system songs together that would completely undermine the point of what they are trying to do with their SEPERATE acts. so...i dont really see it happening

nbvwes
03-19-2008, 07:38 AM
why. neither act is a HUGE draw at this festival. and while we think it wold be cool to see them play system songs together that would completely undermine the point of what they are trying to do with their SEPERATE acts. so...i dont really see it happening

i realize that neither act is a draw for the typical coachella crowd, but i thought it'd would be better promotion if they were say, back-to-back or something... and no, i wasn't expecting to hear any SOAD songs or anything, although from what i hear...

that being said, serj tankian will probably be on the main stage anyway (or the Jarvis slot on Outside), despite what you think of his drawing power... for some sneaking suspicion i think the breeders will end up on the Outdoor...

Weatherman
03-19-2008, 03:40 PM
First, I have heard the name Casey Chaos. But don't know who he is.

He's from Amen/Scum.

sin213
03-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Amen kicks ass!

and Darons' singing is horrible. hopefully he will not sing in this new band, even though he probably does...got my fingers crossed though.

rage patton
03-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Amen kicks ass!

and Darons' singing is horrible. hopefully he will not sing in this new band, even though he probably does...got my fingers crossed though.

I have never heard Amen, but his singing on the SOB demo was attricious. I now have no intent to ever listen to anything he is a part of.
And there is 110% chance Darron will be singing for Scars On Broadway. So don't waste your time crossing your fingers.

rage patton
03-28-2008, 01:57 PM
So, if anyone cares... their website launches in like 2 minutes. I am curious to see what they sound like.

rage patton
03-28-2008, 02:07 PM
It sounds a lot like System... and Darron is definately singing. Its not amazing, but if you SOAD you will probably like Scars. I will check them out if they don't conflict with anyone.

EDIT: I should mention it sounds more like mezmerize/hypnotize SOAD. Not selftitled/Toxicity SOAD.

Blinken
03-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Damn i can't get it to work at work.

Veloco22
03-28-2008, 02:23 PM
i like soad and was looking forward to this. on first listen it's pretty bad. lyrics are less than great. whining about trendiness. guitar is all power chords. drums are standard. vocals sound ok, but overall nothing to get excited about imo :( although i realize mo doesnt mean much until i have 8 trillion posts.

Jason895
03-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Didn't realize they were playing.. thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Blinken
03-28-2008, 02:47 PM
I got to work :) But it isn't as good as i was hoping, not bad but just kinda plain. Nothing intricate like SOAD or Serj's . I will still go see em though.

scoop49er
03-28-2008, 03:28 PM
the song will be good to hear live. good guitar riff and can sing along and rock out to it. notihng too original but a decent start. ill check em out

rage patton
03-28-2008, 05:15 PM
i like soad and was looking forward to this. on first listen it's pretty bad. lyrics are less than great. whining about trendiness. guitar is all power chords. drums are standard. vocals sound ok, but overall nothing to get excited about imo :( although i realize mo doesnt mean much until i have 8 trillion posts.

I pretty much completely agree with you actually. Although, I have to give the song credit, because it is strangely catchy. I couldn't get it out of my head for a while after I first heard it. It just kept coming back to me.
My bet is SOB play around 6ish in the Mojave. Darron wants EVERYONE to hear this and has made this a very important project to himself. I bet anything as part of the deal to make Coachella their very first performance ever, it was agreed they would no conflict with the headliner(s).

msklvr
03-28-2008, 05:26 PM
This song is ok. It is just straightforward rock. Four chords. Catchy, yes, brilliant, no. I will still check them out. When will the album come out now? Will they have another stupid countdown? Geez. All the hoopla for four chords.

rage patton
03-28-2008, 05:55 PM
This song is ok. It is just straightforward rock. Four chords. Catchy, yes, brilliant, no. I will still check them out. When will the album come out now? Will they have another stupid countdown? Geez. All the hoopla for four chords.

Four predictable chords nonetheless. Whatever happened to those electronic/industria/experimental rumours? This song is very generic.

nbvwes
03-29-2008, 04:02 AM
well, yeah... a band's first single going to radio & mtv is gonna be...

what i'm wondering is the rest of the stuff they'll dish out @ coach... (i wouldn't judge Toxicity by hearing 'Ariels')

plus, if you play Scars & Serj at the same time it sounds just like hypnotize/mezmerize...lol

anti-square
03-29-2008, 04:56 AM
All Crap! Witha capital C! Fuck You!

Veloco22
03-29-2008, 03:35 PM
I pretty much completely agree with you
sweet!!! my ego grows. i wouldn't be surprised at all to see them in the mojave. maybe they'll conflict with serj to see who gets a bigger audience. probably not though. seriously though, darron needs to start shooting smack if he wants this thing to go anywhere.

rage patton
03-29-2008, 03:36 PM
sweet!!! my ego grows. i wouldn't be surprised at all to see them in the mojave. maybe they'll conflict with serj to see who gets a bigger audience. probably not though. seriously though, darron needs to start shooting smack if he wants this thing to go anywhere.

Serj is playing Friday. Scars On Broadway are playing Saturday. I highly doubt they will be conflicting.

scoop49er
03-29-2008, 05:01 PM
they r 2 groups i will be watching.. i dig soad big time. that scars song sounds like retro faith no more! what do u think rage?

rage patton
03-29-2008, 05:09 PM
they r 2 groups i will be watching.. i dig soad big time. that scars song sounds like retro faith no more! what do u think rage?

Seriously man? I just listened to this song 3 times in a row to find anything that souds remotesly FNM. I think Jim Martin, Billy Gould and Puffy would kill themselves before playing anything that simple and repetative. What did you find that sounded FNM-esque? I will listen to it again for it.

msklvr
03-31-2008, 06:46 AM
Nothing sounds like FNM. Especially anyone from System of a Down. Fuck that!

dahboom
03-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Here is the first song on the website in case u r curious.

http://officialscarsonbroadway.blogspot.com/

check it yo!

superfiction
03-31-2008, 08:40 PM
i like the vocals a lot. but yes the chord progression is very boring

dahboom
03-31-2008, 08:47 PM
Yea it is a bit. But worth checking out on saturday.

sin213
03-31-2008, 09:53 PM
meh...kinda boring. pass.

psycobetabuckdown
03-31-2008, 10:45 PM

Just wanted to let you know I sigged this, and that you're the first user I have ever sigged. Have a beer.

psycobetabuckdown
03-31-2008, 11:53 PM
It sounds a lot like System... and Darron is definately singing. Its not amazing, but if you SOAD you will probably like Scars. I will check them out if they don't conflict with anyone.

EDIT: I should mention it sounds more like mezmerize/hypnotize SOAD. Not selftitled/Toxicity SOAD.

I don't think it sounds like System besides Daron's voice. It will please radio stations looking for them to sound like System, but it's very different, and yes a lot more simplistic. I wish I could call it minimalist, but it's just simplistic. Still better than most of Serj's solo record.

paulb
03-31-2008, 11:54 PM
pretty generic meh song... Id check them out though if there are no conflicts, considering it will be their first gig.

the long grift
04-01-2008, 05:08 AM
Just heard it... it's not bad, it grows on you, should be good live.... Kind of sounds like a really clean version of an Amen song....

msklvr
04-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Just wanted to let you know I sigged this, and that you're the first user I have ever sigged. Have a beer.

Well, thank you. I just might have a beer. Not at 9am, but later.

ElBlueblazer
04-15-2008, 11:09 AM
I cant get this shitty song out of my head.. i might check them out.

i hope they wear deodorant.

digitaldragon03
04-15-2008, 02:19 PM
The song is growing on me...damn.

D,,d)
04-15-2008, 02:24 PM
i hope they wear deodorant.

Whaaaaat?!?

liddyloo19
08-24-2008, 06:32 AM

ha ha. no surprises there. ;) i better run off and try and convince my famille to get a pug. i don't think its working though.

frozen pilgrim
08-24-2008, 11:00 AM
I can't believe this thread got bumped.

far and above the worst act of 08.

rage patton
08-24-2008, 11:39 AM
I can't believe this thread got bumped.

far and above the worst act of 08.

I dunno... did you see Uffie?

Memorial_07
08-24-2008, 01:00 PM
I dunno... did you see Uffie?

No...but did you see MMJ?
In my personal opinion, worst act that weekend for me

frozen pilgrim
08-24-2008, 01:40 PM
hahaha come on, josh.

"explooodiiiiiinnggg

*two power chords*

reeeloooadiiiiiiiinng

*same two power chords*

I think scars has got to take it. at least uffie is fuckable. with a paper bag over her head.

rage patton
08-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Trust me man. Actually, I am pretty sure Uffie and Scars on Broadway are tired for the two worst acts I have ever seen in my entire life. Wait... were they worse than The Arctic Monkeys and Tokyo Police Club in 07? Hmmm...

No...but did you see MMJ?
In my personal opinion, worst act that weekend for me

I saw MMJ at Pemberton and they were awesome.

paulb
08-24-2008, 01:49 PM
trust me, Uffie was worse than Scars on Broadway...

frozen pilgrim
08-24-2008, 01:53 PM
I'll take your guys word for it.

and didn't she have mr oizo produce some of her shit? how do you fuck THAT up?

Memorial_07
08-25-2008, 07:19 AM
Trust me man. Actually, I am pretty sure Uffie and Scars on Broadway are tired for the two worst acts I have ever seen in my entire life. Wait... were they worse than The Arctic Monkeys and Tokyo Police Club in 07? Hmmm...

I saw MMJ at Pemberton and they were awesome.

From what I've heard, ever other festival they've played is great...Coachella just wasn't their night

digitaldragon03
08-25-2008, 09:23 PM
I saw both Uffie and Scars on Broadway, Scars wins in the suck department. At least Uffie showed up on time. Scars has 30 minutes and they showed up at least 20 minutes late. About 45 seconds into the first song, i left in disgust.

thewindowliquor
08-25-2008, 09:35 PM
stop bumping this thread. worst band ever.

Memorial_07
08-25-2008, 10:05 PM
I saw both Uffie and Scars on Broadway, Scars wins in the suck department. At least Uffie showed up on time. Scars has 30 minutes and they showed up at least 20 minutes late. About 45 seconds into the first song, i left in disgust.

Yeah what the fuck was up with them being so late?
Darren probably had more coke to snort.

And really?
Worst band ever?

How 'bout Good Charlotte?
They are HORRID.

And SOB really isn't that awful

PC-2 Violence
08-26-2008, 12:15 AM
Yeah what the fuck was up with them being so late?
Darren probably had more coke to snort.

And really?
Worst band ever?

How 'bout Good Charlotte?
They are HORRID.

And SOB really isn't that awful

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c46/NoAh2323/gayflutterby-1.jpg

frozen pilgrim
08-26-2008, 07:51 AM
dude, that's a really un-funny picture. you keep using it everywhere on this board, and it never gets any funnier.

in response to the good charlotte comment...
tough one. I saw good charlotte at warped tour like five years ago, and they were so bad that you couldn't even tell when they were and weren't playing a song. but I hit the drum kit with a bottle of yellow gold, so the experience was (over all) a positive one. but yes, I suppose I must cede that GC are even worse live than SOB

Memorial_07
08-26-2008, 08:06 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c46/NoAh2323/gayflutterby-1.jpg

This picture makes no sense...

garrett222
08-26-2008, 07:39 PM
lame

tyles
08-28-2008, 11:16 AM
I just think it's sad that SOAD have solo/side projects that sound exactly like SOAD. The only reason that they are doing these things is because they are sick of each other.

Oh, and yes, Uffie was the worst act I saw at this year's Coachella. On record, good, but live was pretty much a train wreak.

rage patton
08-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Scars on Broadway sound NOTHING like SOAD. That is why they suck.

frozen pilgrim
08-28-2008, 11:38 AM
precisely. they try and copy the rough sonic texture and stop-start approach, and it just comes off as a high school battle of the bands mashup tape played through an aluminum garbage can

rage patton
08-28-2008, 11:41 AM
What I hated most about Scars on Broadway, was that I KNOW that Darron is an extremely talented guitarist. The riffs he came up with in SOAD were unique and original. However, SOB are is generic four chord metal. Nothing creative whatsoever.

frozen pilgrim
08-28-2008, 11:51 AM
I don't know if I would even call it metal. it frankly reminded me of the faster, angrier stuff from fall out boy

Memorial_07
08-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Scars on Broadway sound NOTHING like SOAD. That is why they suck.

The first song SOB played sounded a lot like SOAD.
But the drums are totally SOAD style.

paulb
11-20-2008, 03:11 AM
ya well, they are over..... bring back System!