PDA

View Full Version : crap

Coates
01-22-2008, 05:17 AM
extremely disappointed with this line up, not one of my favourite bands are playing, there are few i will watch but in all honesty i couldn't care less about seeing any of them with the possible exceptions of roger waters (though why i don't know, i'm not a massive PF fan really), rilo kiley (i saw them last year anyway) and the verve (i USED to like them when i was 15...)

i must totally be out of the loop musically as well cos i havent heard of most of these bands and i run an independent label in the UK as well, i always thought i had a clue but it appears i don't know shit anymore.

this festival will be all about the people there, you guys so you better be worth the flight and expense! it certainly isn't about the music this year!

Cpt. Funkaho
01-22-2008, 05:20 AM
this festival will be all about the people there, you guys so you better be worth the flight and expense! it certainly isn't about the music this year!

It's always about the music. Start broadening your horizons and you'll have a great time. As long as you've got a good attitude, we'll be glad to party with you.

bullokz
01-22-2008, 05:23 AM
Yes ... Coachella 2008 = YAWN, Jack Johnson = CRAP

Coates
01-22-2008, 05:31 AM
i always thought i had broad horizons musically, is liking interpol, radiohead, arcade fire, maximo park, editors, klaxons, css, the strokes, yeah yeah yeahs etc etc that middle of the road these days?

there doesn't appear to be any big names there, i'm all for discovering new music so this will be an interesting journey but i quite like my massive bands at festivals where i spend a small fortune going to.

MrSheen
01-22-2008, 05:35 AM
i'd have classed those sort of bands as middle of the road fare to be honest. i wouldnt have watched any of them if they'd have been playing. i would've liked better headliners, but it's gonna be fun checking out lots of new bands and just hanging out in the desert with my mates! :D

coldstart
01-22-2008, 05:48 AM
The lineup seems decent to me (lots of good electronic music). Jack Johnson sucks, but Fatboy Slim will fill his timeslot for me nicely.