PDA

View Full Version : Will more acts be added over the next few months?

ireland
01-22-2008, 03:26 AM
Hello

In previous years, were further acts added to the line-up over the weeks preceeding the festival? It's my first time, flights are booked but I'm not overly impressed with the line-up.

Also, is there anything else to do during the day if the music doesn't grab you? Other than sit in a corner with a bottle of Mr. Jack of course. Cinema tent, for example?

Thanks in advance

Tylerdurden31
01-22-2008, 05:12 AM
first off...it's always possible that they'll add acts...they did in 06. Second of all, try listening to the artists you've never heard of...i've always had some pleasant surprises

KilwaukeePutz
01-22-2008, 05:15 AM
from what i remember they usually always have late adds and pleasnt suprise ones as well. it really is an expierence to have, however this year will def not compare at all to last year.

el chango
01-22-2008, 06:36 AM
Hello

Other than sit in a corner with a bottle of Mr. Jack of course. Cinema tent, for example?

Thanks in advance

You just can't do that, you can't bring any kind of bottles into the festival grounds. You can go to the beer garden and have some soju or (obviously) beer...

But there're plenty of things to do, there're some other domes, the Virgin Store, dance performances, art exhibitions, etc.

el chango
01-22-2008, 06:40 AM
first off...it's always possible that they'll add acts...they did in 06. Second of all, try listening to the artists you've never heard of...i've always had some pleasant surprises

I think there has always been some additions, in 06 they were mayor ones (Daft Punk, Massive Attack), last year they were minor acts. So we can expect some additions, I'll go with a number around 8-10 based on my previous experience and I think we'll get some mid level bands, maybe one or two 2nd tier acts, but sadly no one's gonna bump Jack Johnson down, that's for sure. We can also expect some cancellations.

amyzzz
01-22-2008, 07:31 AM
God, I hope so.

luveebunni08
01-22-2008, 07:42 AM

i totally agree here. 2005 i wasn't entirely thrilled about the lineup until i researched the entire lineup. m.i.a. was the best part of my whole weekend and i had no idea who she was prior to that lineup.

there will be a lot to see and a lot to do. the festival changes a bit every year. i, personally, would urge you to give a try anyway. if you want to wait for the east coachella you could do that, but as tollet said at the press conference it's not going to be coacehella.

el chango
01-22-2008, 08:23 AM
More bands will be added. Friday has 41 bands, Saturday 46 and Sunday 36. I know there's not always balance in the number of bands for each day, but 36 bands for a day aren't that much, we'll get around 10 more bands (I hope so).
C'mon, Sunday's lineup even has one less line of bands!! Let's be optimistic

unknowndrummer66
01-22-2008, 09:39 AM
i hear the second coming of jesus is gonna be after jack johnson

to give hope for all of those who sat through it

pandaroo
01-22-2008, 11:50 AM
there are probably less acts on sunday because waters will probably play for 2 1/2 hrs and have a long set up time. that cuts about 2 - 3 bands out. but even then sunday is small

microcuts
01-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Maybe he's also gonna pull a Madonna and refuse to have anything else be going on at the same time as his performance.

dtizzle
01-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Maybe he's also gonna pull a Madonna and refuse to have anything else be going on at the same time as his performance.

xxx

tripcalifornia
01-22-2008, 12:52 PM
I am holding to the belief that GV will not be adding any big names. Simply because they don't have to...Coachella is going to get a HUGE turn out because of all the true loyal fans that come there for everything that is so much more than just who's headlining. Why should they dish out more of their profits than they need to? Trust me, I would like to see some other adds (muse muse muse muse muse!!!!) as well, but it just doesn't make good business sense in my opinion when they could use that cash flow for the big guns they need to have on the All Points West roster.
Sorry

bakersfield
01-22-2008, 08:15 PM
As poor as this year's lineup is. If tickets start slow, they may have no choice but to add to the lineup.