PDA

View Full Version : We could really use a Great White Hope...

ThatBul
01-22-2008, 02:05 AM
...to take the Friday headlining slot back from Jack Johnson.

Much respect to anyone who gets this.

)|( Senjikyru )|(
01-22-2008, 02:27 AM
Honestly Jack Johnson headlining Friday may allow me to see the following:

the Breeders -> the Raconteurs -> the Verve -> Fatboy Slim

without any conflicts so personaly for me Jack headlining may be a good thing.

Seeing though that Jack has performed at this festival already though lets you know that he DOES pull a crowd though.
Otherwise GV wouldnt have paid him to headline.

There will be other stages, possibly some domes again, the camp ground or Cycle-Cide to do though while Jack is playing.

Maybe even a chance Jack Johnson " accidently " gets electrocuted by the Tesla coil :D

You never know.

Jakedeez
01-22-2008, 02:46 AM
Maybe even a chance Jack Johnson " accidently " gets electrocuted by the Tesla coil :D

You never know.[/QUOTE]

Why the hate on JJ? It's Goldenvoice you should be mad at not Johnson, even if his music isnt that appealing

)|( Senjikyru )|(
01-22-2008, 03:03 AM

You never know.

Why the hate on JJ? It's Goldenvoice you should be mad at not Johnson, even if his music isnt that appealing[/QUOTE]

-------------------------------------------

Was typed as a joke since I know there are people that love the coil so much for some odd reason lol

Besides there has been worse than Johnson.
Madonna is first to my head.

NOT because of her music, set time or even what she performed.
I wouldnt know since I didnt stay in the tent long due to the main reason Madonna was a " bad choice ".
That reason is in the tent that day there were people camped around laying all over the place or crowding the area making it hard to move.
There were RUDE Madonna fans jsut about fighting for " their spot "
I recall my girlfriend and I trying to get more towards the front exit/entrace to hear Kaskade and having a chance to leave the tent with ease but some 40+ year old male Madonna groupie was tossin elbows at anyone that came near " his spot " and happened to hit my girlfriend as she passed.
As much as I wanted to knock the dude out we just moved on and didnt let the " vibe " of " that " crowd ruin our time.
I recall that morning to Madonna was doing soundchecks so no one was allowed to enter Mohave and Sahara tents due to being taped off.

Due to that I got to see The Infadels who I never knew of until then rock the Gobi.

So Jack Johnson in my opinion is far from " being bad " since I dont think nothing will top the attitudes of the Madonna fans that day and I surely dont hate Jack Johnson and realy want the coil to fry him lol

ThatBul
01-22-2008, 03:11 AM
Yea the problem with having an act like Madonna at Coachella is that people who can't afford the $500 or whatever for front row tickets to one of her stadium shows will grab an $80 single-day ticket and just park their ass next to the stage all damn day.

Well, joke's on them for sitting there for hours waiting for her 15 minute show, lol

ThatBul
01-22-2008, 03:12 AM
Also, since no one got the joke yet...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Johnson_%28boxer%29

Cpt. Funkaho
01-22-2008, 03:14 AM
Also, since no one got the joke yet...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Johnson_%28boxer%29

I think most of us got the joke... we just didn't acknowledge. There are a lot of anti-Jack Johnson threads and it's kind of sapping our will to post.

M Sparks
01-22-2008, 04:52 AM
http://www.headpins.net/ccr/roster/photos/greatwhite.jpg

trentmorrison
01-22-2008, 04:54 AM
Why the hate on JJ? It's Goldenvoice you should be mad at not Johnson, even if his music isnt that appealing

He should have not accepted being a headliner, he should know his place and tell GV that he is not headlining material.

insbordnat
01-22-2008, 05:15 AM
He should have not accepted being a headliner, he should know his place and tell GV that he is not headlining material.

LOL. Know his place?