PDA

View Full Version : Kraftwerk vs. Portishead

msklvr
01-22-2008, 12:38 AM
I must say loudly that I am a four year Coachella goer. This year will be five. But if Kraftwerk and Portishead conflict in any way, I will never set foot in Indio again. I feel that strongly about it. Love the festival. Love both acts. But I already see the conflict. Kraftwerk should be on the main stage before Portishead. Anything else is unacceptable. Thanks for listening.

nbvwes
01-22-2008, 12:41 AM
why the fuck would they conflict?? do you really think Kraftwerk is gonna be in the Sahara or the Outdoor? All the top 3 bands on the poster, for each day, are gonna be on the main stage... quote me on it.

dontfeedthebird
01-22-2008, 12:43 AM
They will not conflict. They WON'T. :(

msklvr
01-22-2008, 12:53 AM
why the fuck would they conflict?? do you really think Kraftwerk is gonna be in the Sahara or the Outdoor? All the top 3 bands on the poster, for each day, are gonna be on the main stage... quote me on it.

In 2004, Kraftwerk took the stage at the Sahara tent right after Radiohead stopped playing on the main stage.

But, yeah, I'll quote you on that. Oh, I did. :thu

xxxxxxxxxx
01-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Paul Tollett already said Kraftwerk will be on the main stage.

kaeso
01-22-2008, 12:57 AM
it would be a grossly poor decision to do so...and i severely doubt it will be made since they top saturdays line up and it's pretty reasonable to assume that they share a good number of fans.

Ya, i am fairly likely to attend and seeing them close out on the main stage would likely be a highlight.

msklvr
Thank you for that xxxxxxxxxx. Great weight off my mind.

JSam67
They won't conflict. It will be like RHCP/Tiesto last year, I believe. Portishead then Kraftwerk on the main stage (or possibly vice versa) after DCFC does main stage at sunset (ala Arcade Fire last year).

orbit
Kraftwerk will conflict with Sasha & Digweed.

ThatBul
01-22-2008, 12:59 AM
I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and note that Kraftwerk was in the tent in '04... and that Coachella in general seems to have moved toward always putting dance-oriented electronic music acts in the Sahara... for instance, The Prodigy and the Chemical Brothers were on the main stage in 2002, but were in the Sahara Tent in 2004 and 2005 respectively.

Not saying it has to work like this, but it does seem to be a trend.

Also, I think the tent is set up better for the kind of show Kraftwerk puts on.

In any case, god forbid Portishead and Kraftwerk get put on at the same time; though if they do, well, I already saw Kraftwerk in '04, so...

orbit
01-22-2008, 01:01 AM
And other than Paul Tollett himself said Kraftwerk will be in the main stage.

ThatBul
01-22-2008, 01:01 AM

wish I saw that before I started replying...

msklvr
01-22-2008, 01:03 AM
The thread is now over. Go about your business. Nothing to see here.

suprefan
01-22-2008, 01:04 AM

Yep, there shouldnt be a thread about this.

)|( Senjikyru )|(
01-22-2008, 01:04 AM
All I can say is that from Paul himself he said Kraftwerk WILL be on the main stage ... " with robots "

So no conflict at all and quite possible Kraftwerk will play before Portishead which should make the thread starter very happy. :)

dontfeedthebird
01-22-2008, 01:05 AM
And nobody's seen Portishead in for forever. I love Kraftwerk, but I know where my allegiance lies.

aclockworkapple
01-22-2008, 02:45 AM
Portishead sounds way too mellow to close out the Sahara Tent.

That's like a double-whammy of situations unfriendly to mellow performers: last show and dance tent.

Kraftwerk is also not very dancey, but at the same time they have to put the big EDM acts somewhere

HunterGather
01-22-2008, 03:11 AM
Never saw Kraftwerk, but I hear their live shows are pretty sweet. I'd actually like to see it, so I'm hoping they are with Portishead on the main stage.

shotglass75
01-22-2008, 03:23 AM
Here's my question...will Kraftwerk get a full set or be cut down to 60 minutes? Will Kraftwerk be AFTER Portishead the way Tiesto was? I would think they would need to have Kraftwerk play pretty late for all of the visuals and stuff. Paul's off the cuff comments about their show on the main is encouraging. Same with Roger Waters. They could take these live shows to the next level.

SometimesNJ
01-22-2008, 03:46 AM
during the press conference, paul said that kraftwerk would play the main stage..these shouldnt be a problem

Memorial_07
01-22-2008, 06:05 AM
I think it will Portishead THEN Kraftwerk on main stage.

If this happens, Turbonegro better not have the 11:00 slot.

elChurro
01-22-2008, 06:39 AM
bleep bleep... computer noise. nostalgia is best experienced once every 20 years. I'm checking out portishead.

anonimouse
01-22-2008, 07:08 AM
i think kraftwerk will have to be on the main stage, as last time they played in the sahara it was hard to get near the tent

then again, they really arent main stage material, and daft punk was waaaaaaaaaaaaay more crowded, so i take that back. should be interesting either way