PDA

View Full Version : to all the coachella vets

rkawar
01-22-2008, 12:17 AM
isnt jack johnson kind of a middle finger to us?

i mean you grow to hope for some awesome reunion or some out of the park band that is worthy of a good headlining position, but instead they get a poppy guy who will attract a "different" crowd to sell tickets.

iono i feel like its kind of a middle finger

breakjaw
01-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Wasn't Tiesto?

Sci-Fi
01-22-2008, 12:19 AM
kanye must of been a kick in the ass

Poguish
01-22-2008, 12:20 AM

I don't think he even has the balls to be a middle finger, he is more of a diapper full of yellow baby poo.

microcuts
01-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Again, I must point out that Jack Johnson played in 2002 and 2003. I guess GV gave the middle finger lots of times. Shit, they're such an evil company. Let's lynch them.

rkawar
01-22-2008, 12:38 AM
was he a headliner then? plus things are different. there are so many opportunities at better bands. so what if one costs more. make it happen for the fans

crazzz2007
01-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Wasn't Tiesto?

Tiesto was not a headliner

greenplastic875
01-22-2008, 12:42 AM
Red Hot Chili Peppers anyone?

Amneeziac
The headliner thing is what people are going off on. I will not be surprised if he gets pushed to the second line. I don't think he'd mind. I hear he's a really chill guy.

The Chilis are a band. Jack Johnson appeals to people who like John Mayer and Dave Matthews Band.

I miss Bjork.

Trudeau
Tiesto's show last year was awesome.

Poguish
01-22-2008, 12:44 AM

Tiesto sounds like something spring breakers would dig, wich would surely suck btw.

microcuts
The headliner thing is what people are going off on. I will not be surprised if he gets pushed to the second line. I don't think he'd mind. I hear he's a really chill guy.

And people bitch about headliners every year. They pick good bands, people bitch. They pick Jack Johnson, people bitch. GV really can't win.

orbit

"It's the world's largest ice cream truck."

RecycleYourPets
01-22-2008, 12:46 AM
look at it this way, people who are going to go see jack johnson will make more room at the other tents.

but srsly.. Shouldnt the verve be above jack johnson atleast?

microcuts
01-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Based on musical relevance, yes. But Jack Johnson has sold a shit ton of albums. The Verve do have a platinum album in the U.S. - which is actually better than most usual sub-headliners at Coachella. And Portishead is headlining with only one Gold album. That doesn't add up. At all.

luckyface
People need to chill the fuck out. Boohoo, so one headliner sucks. It isn't a fuck you to the members here. If you view it that way, there are tons of festivals popping up that you can give your money to instead. The crying has gotten old real fast.

cured
Tiesto wasn't the headliner? Who came on after the Red Hot Chili Peppers to close the main stage last year then?

As far as middle finger, I'm pretty sure I win this contest when I say "Madonna."

The thing about Coachella isn't the headliner. There are tons and tons and tons of great stuff to explore before they come on. Some of the best stuff I've ever heard has been in the early afternoon somewhere when it's extremely hot still and the band is someone I've never heard of.

Jack Johnson? Who cares? I hope he's on at the same time as Fatboy Slim. One good thing nobody is mentioning is that there are going to be other stages with headlining acts and obviously there won't be much of a decision to make for you people when it comes to the other headliners on other stages.

microcuts
01-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Choosing between Jack Johnson and Fatboy Slim is like wanting to get your teeth kicked in or getting your nuts in a vice. Hopefully the Outdoor Theatre is hopping with someone good at that time.

Dj Oso Fresh
01-22-2008, 01:05 AM
Yeah but Jack Johnson? come on.

Madonna played a tent didn't she?

not the mainstage.

Yes there are many other artists that I've never heard of that I'm sure are wonderful acts.

but be real.

the thing that attracted me to Coachella in the first place were the headliners.

If I were a first-timer I wouldn't be attracted to it.

I'm not a first timer and i'm not that excited.

I was more excited about the line-up being announced than the actual line-up itself.

crazzz2007
01-22-2008, 01:57 AM
Based on musical relevance, yes. But Jack Johnson has sold a shit ton of albums. The Verve do have a platinum album in the U.S. - which is actually better than most usual sub-headliners at Coachella. And Portishead is headlining with only one Gold album. That doesn't add up. At all.

it doesn't add up? that's because album sales are not very relevant in the grand scheme of things.

crazzz2007
01-22-2008, 01:58 AM
Tiesto wasn't the headliner? Who came on after the Red Hot Chili Peppers to close the main stage last year then?

TIESTO WAS NOT THE HEADLINER. stfu with your ignorant posts.

xxxxxxxxxx
01-22-2008, 01:59 AM
it doesn't add up? that's because album sales are not very relevant in the grand scheme of things.

It's very important when they are the face of the festival that expects to sell 60,000 tickets per day.

cured
01-22-2008, 02:52 AM
TIESTO WAS NOT THE HEADLINER. stfu with your ignorant posts.

Call it what you want. He was the final performer on the main stage on the Saturday of last year's event.

whomod
01-22-2008, 03:32 AM
Like I said, I've attended every Coachella. This Will lbe my 1st time not booking a room in Palm Springs for the weekend and buying tix.

On the bright side, I'm about $1000.00 ahead now. :)

what would have made it worth it would have been something more dramatic like say reuniting The Jam and having another headline worthy act that didn't have their heyday almost 40 years ago.

Ok, scratch that, reuniting The Kinks would have been awesome but i digress... I've always understood this gig being about art rock/punk/new wave/alternative/electronic music and it's heroes and brightest up and comings. I see little of that this year.

coofal
01-22-2008, 03:56 AM

i mean you grow to hope for some awesome reunion or some out of the park band that is worthy of a good headlining position, but instead they get a poppy guy who will attract a "different" crowd to sell tickets.

iono i feel like its kind of a middle finger

Yup

crazzz2007
01-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Call it what you want. He was the final performer on the main stage on the Saturday of last year's event.

what's your point?

in 05, Black Star played after NIN on the main stage. are you saying Black Star was the headliner?

you sound ignorant when you say stupid shit like that.

RockStr4Life
01-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Jack Johnson is cool...just not a headliner. I'm thinking Flogging Molly and Slightly Stoopid are more middle fingers than Jack Johnson.

fober
01-22-2008, 03:00 PM
There's always plenty of crap on the lineup.

Thankfully it's easy to avoid.

devon
01-22-2008, 03:02 PM
late additions. Think '06. What's his name pretty much said there will be late additions during the mexican radio station conference. Whether those will be as good as Daft Punk and Massive attack, i dunno, we'll have to wait and see. I think most of the lineup is pretty good

daftmonkey64
01-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Red Hot Chili Peppers anyone?

Id rather see Jack Johnson than rhcp. So I guess based solely on that he is headliner material.

rkawar
01-22-2008, 03:06 PM
flogging molly is just a small name on the list. wasnt like coheed and cambria there in 2006?

whether or not people wanna admit it, the first name people see usually eludes to the type of festival. When you have bands like the raconteurs portishead, justice, and other names that are not exactly completely underground but kinda there, you dont see it as a festival for intelligent mind blowing music when Jack Johnson is the first name you see.

and roger waters was a waste. That guy comes to san jose every year.

whatever im still going.

portishead then kraftwerk back to back is like opening a present and finding a nintendo wii with every game you ever wanted for it.

just saying jack johnson = no

goatparade
who the fuck on this board goes for the headliners anyway?? keep reading and quit whining

aprillynnn

I thought it was a good show too ... didn't know what to expect, it was great dancing at the end of an awesome day!

thepoetblue
Um, guys, doesn't just about anyone who's been to a few Coachellas and been through this a few times assume that A LATE ADD, not Jack Johnson, will be Friday's headliner? Isn't that obvious?

People keep mentioning it to me irl and I simply reassure them that Coachella is 93 days and a few adds, including Friday's headliner, away.

*started typing about ten minutes ago, stepped away, didn't see Devon's post before finishing mine

M Sparks
01-22-2008, 03:08 PM

So Black Star was a headliner too?

EDIT Ooops...Crazz beat me to it...

daftmonkey64
01-22-2008, 03:09 PM
all im sayin' is there is plenty of room for sahara headliners still. I'll bet either thievery corp or chemical brothers.

thepoetblue
01-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Chems just played L.A. I don't think it's gonna happen. Fatboy Slim and Kraftwerk are totally legit Sahara headliners.

ecalcott
01-22-2008, 03:13 PM
jack johnson is not a middle finger. madonna wasn't a kick in the crotch. james blunt on the other hand...

humanoid
01-22-2008, 03:14 PM
I've also been to every Coachella, and I believe there are plenty of crap bands in the lineup every year....but thankfully, there are usually many great ones, and new ones for me to discover that make it all worth while..in my eyes, many of the headliners have been kind of ridiculous.....RHCP, Beastie Boys, Coldplay are a few that come to mind

JBird
01-22-2008, 03:14 PM
What can I say that hasn't already been said, other then that despite who is going to be there we will all find some band to jam out to at the festival, we'll drink a bunch of beer, smoke some joints and be merry. Agreed.

daftmonkey64
01-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Chems just played L.A. I don't think it's gonna happen. Fatboy Slim and Kraftwerk are totally legit Sahara headliners.

except kraftwerk is playing the mainstage

devon
01-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Yeah but Jack Johnson? come on.

Madonna played a tent didn't she?

not the mainstage.

Madonna played a tent because she's madonna and she said "I wanna play the dance tent" No other reason. I'm pretty sure I read that they tried to convince her to play Main stage cause they knew how big of a crowd she would draw. She refused so they ended up making the sahara tent WAY bigger than it was previous years.

Swiss Misstery
01-22-2008, 03:32 PM
At least the Jack Johnson fans will be nicer than some of the fans that have come in the past years. Last year I was beat to hell during Arcade Fire by irrate/drunk Chili Pepper fans. Thank god for some of the awesome bands they booked for the daytime. Plus I think Portishead will be a nice chill way to end an evening.

masks
01-22-2008, 03:38 PM
portishead will totally be a cool way to end the evening, but i feel like they should follow up a "big guns" kind of band, like tiesto following the chilli peppers. don't get me wrong though, i like portishead way more than most of the bands on this lineup.
--about moving jack down a spot--do they ever really do that? i don't know if the raconteurs or verve are the material to headline either, even though i like them. can they ever sign on another headliner? like the white stripes or something? that doesn't sound like the biggest stretch...

Swiss Misstery
01-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Well I must say that I am holding my breath for some additions. They added Daft Punk and they were by far one of the biggest acts that night. So really we have some time to see if things change up a bit.

New_Paradigm
01-22-2008, 03:41 PM
I've been to Coachella the past 6 years and this years lineup to me all depends on perspective. I mean that in the sense that it all depends on what you are looking for. If I hadn't seen Kraftwerk 4 years ago and then saw them on this years bill, I'd shit my pants to see them. However, since I saw them at Coachella and a few times since, it doesn't excite me that much. Coachella has always been about bringing in those "once in a lifetime" acts and this year doesn't have a single one. I think this years festival is aimed at bringing new people and it might be one for the veterans to sit out. And that's fine. But for some of us who've been Coachella regulars, seeing a lot of the same acts on the bill year after year can get a little frustrating and that's why I'm passing on this year but can't wait to see what they offer for 2009...No hard feelings GV.

MaxPowers
01-22-2008, 03:56 PM
who the fuck on this board goes for the headliners anyway?? keep reading and quit whining

Here Here!

Headliners have never decided it for me, sure they've had unforgetable act's and then there were some headliners I've waited for a good spot for that made me wish I had'nt - for what? a shitty camera shot and stuck between bunch of trendy bitches who only know the hook of the most radio played song?

If it's the smaller font on the poster that makes my day so be it,

bliss209
01-22-2008, 03:56 PM
cool...... so what if the line up doesn't appeal to newbies......YEAH!! now it wont be so crowded.
Man did you guys have a fit when JJ played years before??? SO WHAT!? I actually thought Coachella '05 sucked music wise, but that was my own opinion since i already had seen NIN and Coldplay numerous times before and was wanting to see something new.
And that is exactly what I did...... in case some of you didn't know, there are other stages, and there are other performers at this event. Heaven forbid you find an artist you have NEVER HEARD OF BEFORE and you actually like them. Imagine expanding your mind and broadening your horizons on your musical tastes........wow. It can happen people.
kinda the reason why i remember going to Coachella in the first place back in '02.

GROW UP PEOPLE!! You all should be lucky and happy with having such an awesome festival such as Coachella. I really don't see any of you trying to put together the same huge festival every year for hundreds of thousands of other peoples enjoyment? If you don't like , don't go. But honestly its your loss.

I go out of tradition and the music has NEVER let me down

fsm10
01-22-2008, 03:58 PM
You know what? This whole lineup fiasco suddenly reminds me of a Simpsons episode where this happened:

(copied text from some Simpsons script site)
Lisa: Hey, I _am_ above average! So what if Alison's ahead of me?
There's no shame in being second.
[imagines]

Announcer: And now, Avis Rent-A-Car is proud to present the second best
band in America. Will you welcome Garfunkel, Messina, Oates,
and Lisa singing their number two hit, "Born to Runner-up".
[Audience boos]

Lisa: Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?

This year's headliners and to a lesser extent the rest of the lineup are that second best "band" and people have come here to boo... Not saying it's right or wrong, it's just an analogy that came to me...

GianCG
01-22-2008, 04:03 PM
I don't think he even has the balls to be a middle finger, he is more of a diapper full of yellow baby poo.

Best reply ever.

eturnol
01-22-2008, 04:03 PM
I have been to every Coachella since 2001, and have loved every one, but it's hard not to be dissapointed this year. I agree with the notion that the best thing about coachella, besides hanging out with friends in a beautiful field, are all the up and coming bands that you get to see, some of which you didnt know about before and now love. This year, the bulk of the lineup looks solid, with an especially awesome Sahara lineup (though where are underworld and goldfrapp =)

However, to say that the headliners do not matter is just not true. Acts like Radiohead, New Order, NIN, Depeche Mode, The Cure, The Pixies, Massive Attack, Daft Punk, etc mean something to a lot of people, and they are certainly a part of why i go to coachella. To belittle the headliners of the past really does a disservice to coachella and to all the amazing times that we have had during the headlining sets. Sure we might get the next up and coming Bowie or Orbital. But I want David Bowie and Orbital!

I'll go and ill have tons of fun. I always do, and its great partying in the desert with you all, but i have given goldenvoice and the town of indio thousands of dollars now, and I feel like we deserve more than this. i feel like we're getting short changed here, as goldenvoice uses the revenue they receive from coachella to fund more festivals for other places. First Stagecoach, and now Coachella East. I actually wouldnt have had a problem with it if the quality of the festival had been the same, but for the first time, it is starting to look like goldenvoice isnt putting their fair share into coachella.

I want to skip friday, more as a matter of principle than anything else. but i know i wont be able to resist and go anyways. goldenvoice is going to get my money again this year, but this just might be the first time i am not happy about it.

DayvanCowboy
01-22-2008, 04:07 PM
fsm i cant stop cracking up at that comment. - hilarious !!
p.s. I l0ve the Simpsons.

PrettyRagdoll
01-22-2008, 04:25 PM

Jesus has he? That's just.. sad.

I love Coachella and I'm definitely still going but the headliners this year just seem so sub-par.

At least there will still be a lot of bands worth seeing every day.

sithlord
01-22-2008, 04:29 PM
the chili peppers / tiesto thing last year felt like a finger. jack johnson is just diversity. he's not my cup of tea, but the floyd are and portishead certainly are. so, i'm waaaay happy, jack johnson or no. its not like we don't have 4 other stage options while he plays.

p.s. - i've been to every coachella including '99. short of the pixies / radiohead / air year, i've never been more pumped about a lineup. but that's just me.

insbordnat
01-22-2008, 04:33 PM
And people bitch about headliners every year. They pick good bands, people bitch. They pick Jack Johnson, people bitch. GV really can't win.

Hasn't everyone been bitching about Portishead for the last 7 years? I haven't seen too many "Thank You GV" posts.

Ardentbiscuit
01-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Whenever they add people they always adjust the lines and the text size of the poster.

This isn't even the final poster, trust me it will change a bunch of times. It's almost unreadable in its current form.

There is so much good stuff on the line up and lots of new artists to discover.

Who knows if they will add anyone?? 2006 they added Madonna, Daft Punk, Massive Attack and Kanye West.

2007 they only added smaller acts.

Paul did say they had some tricks up their sleeve so we will wait and see.

Maybe they want to have rounds of additions to build excitement like Bonnaroo and others...

nationocean
01-22-2008, 04:47 PM
hey what's shirley manson doing? lets get garbage to play friday night!

if jack johnson sticks to being the headliner this year.. then look forward to Creed, Vanilla Ice and Marky Mark :)

PrettyRagdoll
01-22-2008, 05:07 PM
hey what's shirley manson doing? lets get garbage to play friday night!

if jack johnson sticks to being the headliner this year.. then look forward to Creed, Vanilla Ice and Marky Mark :)

GV wouldn't dare make Creed a Headliner. Because in that same year they'd be obligated to make the Mickey Mouse kids do a reunion tour.. circa Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and Kerrie Russle

wakeupyounger
01-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Madonna played a tent because she's madonna and she said "I wanna play the dance tent" No other reason. I'm pretty sure I read that they tried to convince her to play Main stage cause they knew how big of a crowd she would draw. She refused so they ended up making the sahara tent WAY bigger than it was previous years.

How would you know that if '06 was your first?

User Name
01-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Maddona is a fucking cunt

menikmati
01-22-2008, 05:15 PM

So the Chems headlined in 2002 then (since they played after Bjork - WHO HAD TOP BILLING ON THE POSTER)? Stupid fuck.

victor831
01-22-2008, 05:17 PM
shitty fucking lineup, our coachella tradition has come to an abrupt and sad end.

JustSteve
01-22-2008, 05:21 PM
I always do, and its great partying in the desert with you all, but i have given goldenvoice and the town of indio thousands of dollars now, and I feel like we deserve more than this.

seriously, goldenvoice doesn't owe you shit.

they can't force a band to play, no matter how much money they offer. if a band isn't already touring then there may not be any motivation for them to get together for one show.

User Name
01-22-2008, 05:24 PM
seriously, goldenvoice doesn't owe you shit.

they can't force a band to play, no matter how much money they offer. if a band isn't already touring then there may not be any motivation for them to get together for one show.

I say Goldenvoice eats my ballz

JustSteve
01-22-2008, 05:26 PM
why, is your mommy full?

User Name
01-22-2008, 05:29 PM
why, is your mommy full?

Ha is that a feeble attempt at comedy?

Look guys JustSteve got sand in his vagina

I take it back

Screw you whiny bitches!

How dare you insult the great Goldenvoice

better?

smoke
01-22-2008, 05:42 PM
its real simple, if you don't want to go (for whatever reason) than don't go.

the end.

DnBGoon
01-22-2008, 07:02 PM
"It's the world's largest ice cream truck."

Haha...I see you were watching last year's sleeper performance! Damon and the band were superb that night. The Good the Bad and the Queen, what an album!

RockStr4Life
01-22-2008, 10:17 PM
They're not gonna bump a headliner down from the headliner spot once it's announced.

kroqken
10-23-2009, 10:30 PM
To all the vets, was Portishead demoted in 2008 once Prince was added?

mobius9
10-29-2009, 02:39 PM
outcome likely

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2260/2211029742_7ce8f0c903.jpg

Coachella Bound
10-29-2009, 02:58 PM
outcome likely

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2260/2211029742_7ce8f0c903.jpg

ahhh such a beautifull poster.... best COACHELLA ever...

MantisMel
10-29-2009, 03:37 PM
ahhh such a beautifull poster.... best COACHELLA ever...

My words exactly!!!!

MantisMel
10-29-2009, 03:46 PM
To all the vets, was Portishead demoted in 2008 once Prince was added?

YEP! Thats why he literally closed that Saturday night down at almost 1am and the day he was announced to perform the only thing on the line-up poster that day was......

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv105/Melermanie/prince_coachella_poster.jpg

So yeah he pretty much trumped that years line-up...

Aurgasm
10-29-2009, 04:11 PM
YEP! Thats why he literally closed that Saturday night down at almost 1am and the day he was announced to perform the only thing on the line-up poster that day was......

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv105/Melermanie/prince_coachella_poster.jpg

So yeah he pretty much trumped that years line-up...

i remember getting the news and rushing to my puter to see that gorgeous image.

thats what it was like, when doves cry

algunz
10-29-2009, 04:14 PM
I love how we begin to relive and rejoice in the past in preperation for the future. How many days is it?

kroqken
10-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Prince was my favorite Jehovah's Witness musician to ever play Coachella.

blackchango
10-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Hahahaha

Coachella Bound
10-30-2009, 07:55 AM

how can Prince be a Jehova's Witness and still be the cause for so much celebration.....?

kroqken
10-30-2009, 06:24 PM
how can Prince be a Jehova's Witness and still be the cause for so much celebration.....?

Life is full of contradictions, like an atheist getting a psychic reading.

MantisMel
10-30-2009, 07:39 PM

Jehova's Witness FAQs...

Why don't you celebrate holidays?

We commemorate the Memorial of Christ's death, the most important religious event of the year for Jehovah's Witnesses. Throughout the year, Jehovah's Witnesses enjoy parties, picnics, and other events without feeling bound to obligations or to a fixed date. We may also celebrate special events such as weddings and anniversaries. However, we do not celebrate holidays that have non-Christian religious origins or those that promote nationalism. We are not opposed to celebrations in general or to the giving of gifts.

So there you have it. Jehova's Witness can celebrate and be the cause of celebration.

Party on Prince!

kroqken
10-31-2009, 12:23 PM
Jehovahs WItnesses do not vote. I think that hurts the Republicans more than the Democrats overall.

TheNurse
01-17-2010, 03:01 PM
Jack Johnson was probably the worst idea for a headliner, that whole year was kind of a downer. It was the only year that I didn't go all 3 days due to money problems and the only day I could go Jack was headlining. That year was just a disappointment.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Jack Johnson was probably the worst idea for a headliner, that whole year was kind of a downer. It was the only year that I didn't go all 3 days due to money problems and the only day I could go Jack was headlining. That year was just a disappointment.

maybe to you, Saturday was filled with so much win I thought I was going to explode

Sonicifyouwantit
01-17-2010, 03:38 PM

There was too much good stuff going on Friday to worry about JJ.

digitaldragon03
01-17-2010, 05:32 PM

2008 was the best year IMO. I doubt that anything will ever match the perfection of the lineup and set times of Saturday 2008.

joppy-slow
01-17-2010, 06:13 PM
2008 was the best year IMO. I doubt that anything will ever match the perfection of the lineup and set times of Saturday 2008.
that Sat. line-up is just stacked.. So many conflicts.. Who headlined the Sahara that night? was it sasha&digweed?

Mickjagger00
01-17-2010, 09:34 PM
its real simple, if you don't want to go (for whatever reason) than don't go.

the end.

Thanks!!!

microcuts
01-17-2010, 09:56 PM
that Sat. line-up is just stacked.. So many conflicts.. Who headlined the Sahara that night? was it sasha&digweed?

Above & Beyond were playing in the Sahara during Prince. Not sure if that makes them the sahara headliner or not.

C DUB YA
01-17-2010, 10:08 PM

Um try 1999-2004

oh_no_eric
01-18-2010, 05:01 AM
Madonna as a headliner was a big kick in the pants.
I was like, "really?"

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-18-2010, 05:01 AM
Madonna wasnt a headliner moron. Ya she headlined the sahara tent, but as a festival headliner? uhh no.

scoop49er
01-18-2010, 05:04 AM
Prince-Portishead-Kraftwerk... best 1-2-3 main stage combo ever...IMO

Weatherman
01-18-2010, 12:54 PM
I don't think Madonna was even the last performer in the tent, wasn't it some trance dj?

Bud Luster
01-18-2010, 01:04 PM
performing last doesnt = headliner.

Weatherman
01-18-2010, 09:42 PM

*gulp*

Bud Luster
01-18-2010, 11:04 PM
whats to gulp about? The Headliner does not always play last. No one will dispute this.

arya.
01-18-2010, 11:07 PM
tis so

MeekRegime
01-19-2010, 11:45 AM
the chili peppers / tiesto thing last year felt like a finger. jack johnson is just diversity. he's not my cup of tea, but the floyd are and portishead certainly are. so, i'm waaaay happy, jack johnson or no. its not like we don't have 4 other stage options while he plays.

p.s. - i've been to every coachella including '99. short of the pixies / radiohead / air year, i've never been more pumped about a lineup. but that's just me.
i feel kind of dumb after reading this thread...i had never even heard of tiesto before looking at the lineup, actually had to wiki him. can someone please educate me?

PrettyRagdoll
01-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Prince-Portishead-Kraftwerk... best 1-2-3 main stage combo ever...IMO

I was just thinking about that. THAT Will go down in Coachella history

FoxeyLady
01-19-2010, 11:47 AM
i feel kind of dumb after reading this thread...i had never even heard of tiesto before looking at the lineup, actually had to wiki him. can someone please educate me?

He sucks. That is all.