PDA

View Full Version : THIS LINEUP IS REALLY WEAK YOU GUYS!

yonicsouth
01-21-2008, 11:55 PM
I understand you work hard on this stuff, but come on.... Jack Johnson???? That was the best you were able to pull off? First, no Bowie, then no Prince, and not even so much as a fuckin Peter Gabriel or Tony Bennet even. Yes for Raconteurs and Madness. Boo on Fat Boy Slim

Second day isn't too bad....Kinda strange that Portishead take the head spot, but they are still awesome enough to just show up that day....could do without the Rilo Kiley and Death Cab.

Third day.... Why Roger Waters??? Was never a Pink Floyd fan, but Man, I can hear dark side of the moon in my sleep. And My Morning Jacket?? Oh God...and Once again, no Major Hip Hop or Industrial act....

BOO ON 2008!!!!!!!!!!

But you guys have a great time anyway!

greenplastic875
01-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Where's that Who Gives a Fuck image?

Sci-Fi
01-21-2008, 11:56 PM
portishead is crap

Mr.Nipples
01-21-2008, 11:56 PM
who gives a fuck.

greenplastic875
01-21-2008, 11:57 PM
portishead is crap

Sci-Fi is crap.

Sci-Fi
01-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Do you kiss both your dad's with that mouth?

Lurker_in_a_tree
01-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Your mom is really weak.

Wait til you start listening to the bands you haven't heard of. Start with Holy Fuck.

greenplastic875
01-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Perhaps. At least I got chicken and don't retort to retardation.

bigc1
01-22-2008, 12:08 AM
portishead is crap

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/STFU/2/STFU-Bruce_Lee.jpg ([url="http://www.funnyforumpics.com)

yonicsouth
01-22-2008, 12:25 AM
I just think the lineup could be stronger, but whatever... Cool to see Love and Rockets and Turbonegro too. And I happen to like Holy Fuck, idiot.

Trudeau
01-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Respect Roger Waters, maggot.

RickeyinLA
01-22-2008, 12:33 AM
I nearly had a heart attack when I read the lineup this evening.

I have almost nothing but conflicts all three days and that is fucking amazing.

This is quite potentially the Best One Yet, seriously.

LKJ? Be still...

bullokz
01-24-2008, 06:14 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/music/Rant-Coachella-08-Blows-8468.html

Rant: Coachella '08 Blows

It looks like it’s gonna be an especially dry desert this year.

If this rant seems abrasive, maybe even rash, it’s obviously out of my own personal disappointment. You don’t need to be Freud to figure out that psychological mousetrap—past years of Rage Against the Machine, the Mars Volta, Radiohead and the Red Hot Chili Peppers are apparently long gone. Even the old standards—!!!, LCD Soundsystem or the Roots, who love touring and making festivals worth going to—are nowhere in sight. So, yes, part of this is a personal vendetta. But part of it isn’t.

If it were just me, then the Coachella forums wouldn’t be riddled with threads titled “Portishead??? WTF”, “WORST LINE-UP EVER!!!!” and “Fuck You Jack Johnson”. Granted, their maturity may be questionable, but the point is that I’m not the only one finding it hard to relate to the excessively eclectic lineup. There are good bands performing, undoubtedly; maybe about a dozen or so on my own personal list. The lineup is not dismal; it's just sub-par. There’s no cohesion.

You may argue that that’s the point. Coachella is indie—too indie for most. In fact, it’s so indie that it’s in a desert in the middle of nowhere during university exams. But if that’s the point, I’d say that it’s a pretty stupid point. Just because Coachella appeals to elitist underground trip-hoppers doesn’t mean that it can’t have generally well-renowned artists. A Rage Against the Machine fan would go to Coachella and discover an awesome DJ by pure chance. A Jack Johnson fan will go to Coachella and discover a hell of a lot of artists that don’t sound like Jack Johnson. Big festivals need big, broad appeal, like the White Stripes, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Daft Punk or Pearl Jam. All three of the big fests last year had fantastic lineups—what happened?

I will be no means attempt to predict the future, as I’m sure the Coach organizers expected this backlash of forum members and disgruntled amateur music critics, and will do their darnedest to put on a good show, and next year will be better. But as far as the present is concerned, I’m gonna hold off until Bonnaroo’s announced and hope to God that John Mayer doesn’t headline.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-24-2008, 06:17 PM
portishead is crap

DIE....

mistdevil
01-24-2008, 06:18 PM
portishead is crap

orly?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-24-2008, 06:18 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/music/Rant-Coachella-08-Blows-8468.html

Ha! John Mayer!!! :rotfl

bullokz
01-24-2008, 06:20 PM
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/postrock/2008/01/coachella_meh_1.html

Coachella? Meh.

So it's come to this, Coachella? The first name on the poster for the "hippest" music festival in the country is ... Jack Johnson? What in the name of Daft Punk is going on? The ninth edition of the massive gathering of hipsters in the California desert doesn't at all look like a concert worth traveling from the East Coast for, and that's before considering the fact that we'll have a handful of similarly massive festivals of our own this summer.

In years past people booked their Coachella plans before the lineup was even announced. If folks did that this year, they might have some regrets. Or maybe I'm in the minority in thinking the lineup is lackluster. Thoughts?

depechemodekraftwerk
01-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Id say its week also to be honest..Didnt buy my three day on pre-sale..But sometihing keeps telling me saturday night and kraftwerk i may be buying a one day,sine ive never seen them.. but one day for one ticket..Is not the 5 3day tickets ive brought for three years i a row till this year because of line-up..

Ok now you bitches can start ya HATING MACHINE up....lol

alpharuin
01-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Perhaps we should have a "Bitching" sub-forum.

psychic friend
01-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Perhaps we should have a "Bitching" sub-forum.

hahahhahha that's funny and a good idea.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-24-2008, 07:40 PM
PF thank you so much for moving the NON-RELATED threads so quickly this year. We have a lean, mean, line up/artists machine running over here!

PS, I realize I've probably started a ton of the non related threads. Whoopsy daisy.

jeanh2
01-31-2008, 05:35 PM
yeah men the Line UP is a shame
yeah there are good ones and Big Ones but .....

WHERE'S THE PARTY ????????????????????????????

FAT BOY SHOULD BE ON THE FRIDAY NIGTH HEAD !!!!!!

WE NEED MORE ROCK !!!!!

OH GOD WHY YOU DO THIS TO MEEEE? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greenplastic875
01-31-2008, 05:43 PM
You're a week and a half late jeanh2.

Ardentbiscuit
01-31-2008, 05:51 PM
I think Coachella should have a bitch and moan open mic stage over by the porta potties.

Everyone who hates the line up, the price, or whatever upsets them can get up and for a small period of time rant, rave (the bad rave not the good one), cry, moan, scream, yell, complain, shout, whimper, sigh, groan, or whatever they want to do as they state why they hate Coachella this year. Then they can get it out of their system and we can move on.

Instead of having the band Primal Scream it would be a cathartic primal scream for people so upset they can't sleep at night thinking that Jack Johnson might play some music within a football field length of their ears.

I hate myself for continually giving in and clicking on these threads.

insbordnat
01-31-2008, 06:03 PM
I think Coachella should have a bitch and moan open mic stage over by the porta potties.

Except in my version, the collective waste gets pumped to a showerhead over the stage to ensure complainers get well dipped in raw sewage.

amyzzz
01-31-2008, 06:07 PM
We need one more big (indie or dance) headliner.

chip_m555
01-31-2008, 07:44 PM
I just think the lineup could be stronger, but whatever... Cool to see Love and Rockets and Turbonegro too. And I happen to like Holy Fuck, idiot.

you're so cool man.

lizc19
01-31-2008, 08:54 PM
After attending Coachella's for the first time last year, I guess I expected more from the Coachella line-up, and unfortunately, I'm choosing not to go this year, due to the poor line-up. I'd been so eager to see what the line-up was going to be, incessantly checking Coachella's website, only to find Jack Johnson? Not to be an indie snob- I do not mind Jack Johnson, but I expected Radiohead, or something more. I not sure if anyone noticed, but the line-up also excludes the trip-hop scene- to an extent. Last year, Coachella had- Dj Shadow, Dj Benni Benasi. I was really looking forward to attend this festival again, but personally, I don't think it's worth the money this year.

Hawkings
01-31-2008, 08:54 PM
I understand you work hard on this stuff, but come on.... Jack Johnson???? That was the best you were able to pull off? First, no Bowie, then no Prince, and not even so much as a fuckin Peter Gabriel or Tony Bennet even. Yes for Raconteurs and Madness. Boo on Fat Boy Slim

Second day isn't too bad....Kinda strange that Portishead take the head spot, but they are still awesome enough to just show up that day....could do without the Rilo Kiley and Death Cab.

Third day.... Why Roger Waters??? Was never a Pink Floyd fan, but Man, I can hear dark side of the moon in my sleep. And My Morning Jacket?? Oh God...and Once again, no Major Hip Hop or Industrial act....

BOO ON 2008!!!!!!!!!!

Whats funny is I like ever single act you booed (cept' i don't know much Rilo Kiley, probably check out though), as well as all the ones you wanted to play, i guess i'm musically easy. I like how you were expecting Tony Bennet or Peter Gabriel or Bowie. I mean cool but like not typical expected coachella fare.

Like I can't believe you didn't get Burt Bacharat, or Neil Diamond, or Frampton, whats up with Coachella these days, I'm out. No Cat Stevens, are you trying to pull a fast one, no way i'm going

joppy-slow
02-02-2008, 06:10 PM
I not sure if anyone noticed, but the line-up also excludes the trip-hop scene- to an extent.

also where the fuck are the breaks / drum & bass?

bad coachella.. bad.. we could have had the Stanton Warriors, DJ Craze or Plump DJ's, but instead you give us another frenchie, playing another klaxon remix.. meh

dontfeedthebird
02-02-2008, 07:02 PM
I not sure if anyone noticed, but the line-up also excludes the trip-hop scene- to an extent. Last year, Coachella had- Dj Shadow, Dj Benni Benasi.

I don't usually leave FAIL posts, but you're an idiot. Benassi is trip-hop? Portishead isn't?

I need a picture of a cat.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-02-2008, 09:40 PM
also where the fuck are the breaks / drum & bass?

bad coachella.. bad.. we could have had the Stanton Warriors, DJ Craze or Plump DJ's, but instead you give us another frenchie, playing another klaxon remix.. meh

whaa??

yonicsouth
02-03-2008, 01:38 AM
They do have Pendulum for the first day....if you haven't heard anything from these guys, it's really insane, loud Drum and Bass with sick ass drops and great enormous build ups....fucking amazing shit....Modeselektor is really interesting too..
Too bad , because I'm still not going....I'll wait to see these guys play some underground party here in San Francisco

joshisgod
02-03-2008, 01:41 AM
They do have Pendulum for the first day....if you haven't heard anything from these guys, it's really insane, loud Drum and Bass with sick ass drops and great enormous build ups....fucking amazing shit....Modeselektor is really interesting too..I

I hope they are playing a live set and not a DJ set.

traviscanada
02-03-2008, 01:46 AM
After attending Coachella's for the first time last year, I guess I expected more from the Coachella line-up, and unfortunately, I'm choosing not to go this year, due to the poor line-up. I'd been so eager to see what the line-up was going to be, incessantly checking Coachella's website, only to find Jack Johnson? Not to be an indie snob- I do not mind Jack Johnson, but I expected Radiohead, or something more. I not sure if anyone noticed, but the line-up also excludes the trip-hop scene- to an extent. Last year, Coachella had- Dj Shadow, Dj Benni Benasi. I was really looking forward to attend this festival again, but personally, I don't think it's worth the money this year.

http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/2/3/benassiiznttri128465056131103750.jpg

traviscanada
02-03-2008, 01:46 AM
I don't usually leave FAIL posts, but you're an idiot. Benassi is trip-hop? Portishead isn't?

I need a picture of a cat.

http://icanhascheezburger.com/

you can write your own captions and what not.

M Sparks
02-03-2008, 05:31 AM
I hope they are playing a live set and not a DJ set.

According to their Myspace, they are live.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-03-2008, 11:31 AM
White Stripes, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Daft Punk or Pearl Jam? well white stripes if you havnt heard are out of commission for a very long time, daft punk was there in 06 and have twice circled the globe on a major tour and are done for now, chili peppers just SUCK and were there in 07 bringing them back again would be wrong, and pearl jam, well there would be a credible add but of the others I just dont see it.

jokerfit
02-04-2008, 02:13 AM
White Stripes, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Daft Punk or Pearl Jam? well white stripes if you havnt heard are out of commission for a very long time, daft punk was there in 06 and have twice circled the globe on a major tour and are done for now, chili peppers just SUCK and were there in 07 bringing them back again would be wrong, and pearl jam, well there would be a credible add but of the others I just dont see it.
the hatred for peppers should really fucking stop

boarderwoozel3
02-04-2008, 02:42 AM
All this "the lineup blows, boo-hoo, I'm not going" shit really has to stop. We don't need to hear about your lack of taste in music. Stick to radio station x-mas concerts.

elChurro
02-04-2008, 08:11 AM
portishead is crap

One of these days someone in the hip-hop community is gonna wise up and sample portishead (if they haven't already). They are the main reason I want to go on Saturday... unfortunately, no ticket... bleh. whateva'

ADGZ662
02-04-2008, 01:53 PM
everyone....................just go or.................dont go who gives a shit i'm there Coachella veterano!

Stainofmind
02-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Its so hard to please everyone

Purplegator
02-04-2008, 11:14 PM

BOO ON 2008!!!!!!!!!!

Too funny! I love this one, we won't miss you dude, Coachella '08 is gonna be amazing, and if you don't like artists like Fatboy Slim, Death Cab, MMJ, and especially Pink Floyd, they yes, you really shouldn't be there, people go to Coachella to have a good time and hear great bands, and this year has plenty of 'em, too many to list actually, Portishead is going to be so stellar, gonna send me to Jupiter and back, they have what it takes to headline, and I can't wait to hear them break out the new stuff as well.
Coachella '08!! Gonna Be Great! So don't hesitate, don't feel the hate, cuz all the haters gonna stay home and...(*fill in the blank*) ha ha

yonicsouth
02-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Hey Purplegator, before you go to Jupiter, try and see if you can take Fatboyslim, Jack Johnson, Rilo Kiley, My Morning Jacket and Roger Waters up there with you and leave them there!

COACHELLA ' 08 Blows Goats

BTW, I saw VAMPIRE WEEKEND this past friday @ Ameoba.... Most overated, unknown band on the lineup so far

summerkid
02-05-2008, 10:45 AM
no, that would be the black kids.

faxman75
02-05-2008, 10:47 AM
YOU SUCK NO MATTER HOW LARGE YOU TYPE

iloveorangejuice
02-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Ok. I don't like Jack Johnson. And yes I was upset to see him as a headliner. But that's why Coachella has 5-6 stages. Plus I just love going and meeting new people and discovering new bands. The tri tip sandwiches rock.....WOOOOO Coachella

Ardentbiscuit
02-05-2008, 01:20 PM

BOO ON 2008!!!!!!!!!!

Your main problem is that you need to aim lower with your predictions, if you say Bowie, Prince, etc. you will always be disappointed.

If you had maybe predicted Dave Matthews, RHCP and Fall Out Boy. You would have been saying, "Fuck this Coachella Line up Rocks!"

:)

nationocean
02-05-2008, 01:53 PM
noob: hi, i has opinion of this years line up

old schooler: doesn't matter

me: cheese sammich?

jonnypark
02-05-2008, 02:00 PM
me: cheese sammich?
I was thinking the same thing.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-05-2008, 04:18 PM
I could eat

yonicsouth
02-05-2008, 10:27 PM
I had a turkey and provolone on foccacia bread for lunch... it was amazing!

And The Black Kids are super overrated too!

Anyone else?

rkawar
02-05-2008, 10:50 PM
coachella failed

bonnaroo did their shit right. bands people have heard of. and room for new bands to listen to as well.

ladytron? i didnt even think they were a possibility

rkawar
02-05-2008, 10:52 PM
and, bonnaroo is cheaper ticket wise which makes up for the cost of the trip down there.

Mjfritts
02-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Respect Roger Waters, maggot.

Totally agree!

evilmushroompie
02-05-2008, 11:02 PM
bonnaroo did their shit right. bands people have heard of. and room for new bands to listen to as well.

Yep, have heard of them and thanks to that, know they suck.

Coachella>Bonnaroo

rkawar
02-05-2008, 11:03 PM
bonnaroo > coachella by a longshot my friend

kpcamps
02-05-2008, 11:15 PM
coachella has to many electronic acts this year. I know i am going to get murdered for saying this, but i truly do think they are lacking on rock. And come on, no saddle creek? no two gallants, good life, bright eyes, tokeyo police club, art in manila, cursive, faint. not one!

Team Fun Team
02-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Coachella pwns Roo this year and fyi

It has never been about the headliners.

It's Coachella. It's Great. End of story.

Woot!

rkawar
02-06-2008, 12:53 AM
who said anything about headliners.