PDA

View Full Version : First Year Going To Coachella....Bands I Should not miss all 3 days.

sandeigocoach
01-21-2008, 10:30 PM
I had tickets last yr since im a huge rage and rhcp fan, but had to sell them a few days before cause of personal issues. BUt this year i turn 21 4 days before coachella and i wanna know who to see so that my birthday experince is the best it can be

MarkO
01-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Madness
Kraftwerk

Both rarely play the States so do.not.miss.either.

kingdumb
01-21-2008, 10:44 PM
if you would like a fun mix of dance and hardcore DEFFF check out ENTER SHIKARI on saturday!

their soo0o0o much fun!

JoshTheBoyd
01-21-2008, 11:01 PM
obviously, unless you hate electro, try to see justice (although theyll probably be up against roger waters and gogol bordello, both of whom are awesome live too)

as far as smaller acts go, man man and holy fuck are both awesome. check em out.

Astrid
01-21-2008, 11:09 PM
man man, madness, fatboy slim, kraftwerk, portishead, roger waters, hot chip, mia, animal collective, slightly stoopid, justice, the streets....lots and lots.

Kateski
01-22-2008, 12:03 AM
Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip - HIGHLY recommended! They play quite a lot round where i live (east end of London) and they put on a fucking crazy arse show with some great songs :)

Try 'Thou Shalt Always Kill' or 'The Beat That My Heart Skipped' from their MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/lesacvspip

Memorial_07
01-22-2008, 07:23 AM
turbonegro.

sing along to "all my friends are dead"
trust me.

you'll have loads of fun

el chango
01-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Datarock and Cafe Tacuba

christian
01-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Kraftwerk
Roger Waters
Death Cab
The National
Portishead
Battles
Spiritualized
Sons and Daughters

nbvwes
01-22-2008, 08:46 AM
If you liked Rage and RHCP (and if you also like Tool) you'd probably like these bands:

Roger Waters
Flogging Molly
Dredg
Enter Shakari
Rogue Wave
Slightly Stoopid
The Breeders

but i'm gonna tell you (and everyone else) to go see:
Jack Johnson
Death Cab For Cutie
My Morning Jacket

hehe

Lorelei
01-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip - HIGHLY recommended! They play quite a lot round where i live (east end of London) and they put on a fucking crazy arse show with some great songs :)

Try 'Thou Shalt Always Kill' or 'The Beat That My Heart Skipped' from their MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/lesacvspip
Hey there ;)

Les Savy Fav are an excellent live act too.
Bonde do Role are pretty awesome if you like brazilian punk hip hop.
Battles are quite impressive. So are Holy F*ck.
Turbonegro is great fun, as well as Gogol Bordello.
Spiritualized is fantastic in a very Pink Floydesque way.

quicksand
01-22-2008, 11:49 AM
don't you dare miss Animal Collective

rage patton
01-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Madness
Kraftwerk

Both rarely play the States so do.not.miss.either.

This mean speaks the truth. If you plan on missing Madness or Kraftwerk, you might awell not even attend Coachella.
I will also add Portishead to the list. They don't have any US dates scheduled in the future. This may very well be your only chance.

obviously, unless you hate electro, try to see justice (although theyll probably be up against roger waters and gogol bordello, both of whom are awesome live too)

as far as smaller acts go, man man and holy fuck are both awesome. check em out.

Gogol Bordello will not be up against Roger Waters. They were against Bjork last year and A LOT of people were upset they had to miss Gogol for Bjork, especially after hearing how amazing they were. Im guessing Gogol will have an late afternoon/early evening set at the Outdoor Theatre.
With that being said, Justice playing against Roger Waters would make a lot of sense.

In summary do NOT miss Gogol Bordello.

Mockingbird73
01-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Do NOT miss:
TurboNegro
Gogol Bordello
The Horrors
The Verve
All four put on spectacular performances, especially Turbonegro, The Horrors, and Gogol Bordello

Other bands not to miss:
Madness
Portishead
Kraftwerk
Love & Rockets
Spiritulized
Roger Waters
The Bees
VHS or Beta
Black Mountain
AutoLux
Sandra Collins
Justice
Junkie XL
Hot Chip

I am sure there are many others I could add to this list in the months leading up to Coachella, but it's gonna be hard enough to see everything that you want to with the scheduling so just have fun!

whynotsmile99
01-22-2008, 12:43 PM
dont miss Flogging Molly

thedevious
01-22-2008, 12:46 PM
If you stay in the Sahara all day Sat you should be fine!

nationocean
01-22-2008, 01:02 PM
it is really impossible to 'go see' all the bands. once you get there, let the festival take you around and soon enough, it will be day three and all those experiences will just fly by. hence everyone getting uber excited about the next year and the next year... etc.

cuz i find if you have too strict of schedule you are just losing out on the rest of what the festival has to offer

MonsoonSeason
01-22-2008, 01:06 PM
gogol bordello and kraftwerk and boyz noize

MonsoonSeason
01-22-2008, 01:07 PM
actually dude I don't know because I hate rhcp and rage :/

maybe scars over broadway but I dunno

C DUB YA
01-22-2008, 01:09 PM
C DUB YA's 5 do not miss acts - (other Coachella vets can back me on these...)

GOGOL BORDELLO
KRAFTWERK
JUSTICE
PORTISHEAD
BATTLES

and if you have conflicts: MAN MAN or SPANK ROCK

MarkO
01-22-2008, 03:44 PM
.......... cuz i find if you have too strict of schedule you are just losing out on the rest of what the festival has to offer

Yes & no. I had a pretty tight schedule last year for myself and enjoyed every minute of it. I was solo though and didn't have to consider anyone else.

Swiss Misstery
01-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Hot Chip was awesome last year. I figure this year they will play later than last year which will be nice cuz it must have been 120 degrees in that tent.

PrettyRagdoll
01-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Yes & no. I had a pretty tight schedule last year for myself and enjoyed every minute of it. I was solo though and didn't have to consider anyone else.

That was my experience as well.

Check out...

Flogging Molly
M.I.A
Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip
The Streets
Gogol Bordello

Seriously.. Don't miss these if it's at all possible!

GnarVee
01-22-2008, 07:08 PM
DREDG..........BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!

malcolmjamalawesome
01-22-2008, 07:10 PM
I had tickets last yr since im a huge rage and rhcp fan, but had to sell them a few days before cause of personal issues. BUt this year i turn 21 4 days before coachella and i wanna know who to see so that my birthday experince is the best it can be

Whoa whoa whoa whoa ... first off I want to know what your personal issues were. THEN I'll tell you who to go see.

Kateski
01-23-2008, 03:03 AM
Hey there ;)

Les Savy Fav are an excellent live act too.
Bonde do Role are pretty awesome if you like brazilian punk hip hop.
Battles are quite impressive. So are Holy F*ck.
Turbonegro is great fun, as well as Gogol Bordello.
Spiritualized is fantastic in a very Pink Floydesque way.

Well fancy seeing you here! ;)

I agree bout Bonde Do Role too :)

nbvwes
01-23-2008, 08:56 AM
hehe, i love how everyone ignores the point of this thread... he says he likes Rage & RHCP and asks who we would recommend and he gets 30 posts about electro & trip-hop artists... lol

donkey sex
01-23-2008, 09:33 AM
first time see father naked

sweet artie
01-23-2008, 01:49 PM
DO NOT MISS... Turbonegro... Madness... Love & Rockets... The Horrors... Gogol Bordello... Flogging Molly... Portishead... Roger Waters