PDA

View Full Version : Stop Whining

Iamjoeswastdlife
01-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Jack Johnson will be there... Oh no... Don't see him.

You're all overdramatic about this.

The line up is just fine this year.

greenplastic875
01-21-2008, 10:16 PM
I fully endorse this thread.

goatparade
01-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Ill be straight rollin at fatboy and wont hear a damn second of jacks wussy guitar...doesnt bother me

depechemodekraftwerk
01-21-2008, 10:25 PM
FUCK COACHELLA..NO PRESALE
And a shitty line-up....

Whine on my nuts

Westy
01-21-2008, 10:25 PM
I agree. Stop whining. There are a lot of bands I'm looking forward to seeing. (Not Jack Johnson though.)

Sci-Fi
01-21-2008, 10:26 PM
FUCK GOLDENVOICE

Doors2time
01-21-2008, 10:26 PM
FUCK COACHELLA..NO PRESALE
And a shitty line-up....

Whine on my nuts

agree 110% coachella will pay for this!!!!

algunz
01-21-2008, 10:27 PM
I can't wait until the whining ends, and we can get back to being excited about Coachella.

kingdumb
01-21-2008, 10:36 PM
I can't wait until the whining ends, and we can get back to being excited about Coachella.

SRSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rage patton
01-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Me 3!

carl0s808
01-21-2008, 11:30 PM
I really hope fuckin Boonaroo gets an even shittier lineup.
If thats possible.

Poguish
01-21-2008, 11:33 PM
I really hope fuckin Boonaroo gets an even shittier lineup.
If thats possible.

No, it's Not.

manila
01-21-2008, 11:35 PM
so there's some bands you know/ like on the lineup...but are you really super excited to go all that way to see 5 bands? that's like going to disneyland for a day and all the good rides are shut down.

Poguish
01-21-2008, 11:36 PM
so there's some bands you know/ like on the lineup...but are you really super excited to go all that way to see 5 bands? that's like going to disneyland for a day and all the good rides are shut down.

WORD.

fatbastard
01-22-2008, 12:42 AM
THEN DON'T GO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

Please get off Coachella's dick and move on. There are real fans of this event who want to discuss the lineup. Start your own festival and festival thread. Looks like there are plenty of complainers who are willing to go to your festival.

Your either with us or against us.

ksmitty
01-22-2008, 01:21 AM
No one exciting is playing at least not to pay a few hundred dollars to see.

ksmitty
01-22-2008, 01:22 AM
And I'm a fan of good music not just social events if I was a fan of social events I would go see Jack Johnson. Sorry not gonna happen. Remember when bands like Pavement played Coachella. It's all down hill from here.

Memorial_07
01-22-2008, 07:21 AM
I am still upset about JJ, but in a short time everyone will be saying "ONLY ___ DAYS UNTIL COACHELL!!!!!!"

Then it will be happily ever after

jtovar21
01-22-2008, 08:41 AM
And I'm a fan of good music not just social events if I was a fan of social events I would go see Jack Johnson. Sorry not gonna happen. Remember when bands like Pavement played Coachella. It's all down hill from here.

Well, Stephen Malkmus is there, this year. His new band rocks, and some of the songs are as strong or stronger than his Pavement days, IMO.

Ardentbiscuit
01-22-2008, 08:44 AM
The last time I checked nobody was forcing anyone at gun point to go to Coachella. If you don't like the line up then don't go...it's that easy.

And if you booked air fare, hotel, etc. before you knew the line up then it's your own fault for not waiting.

And you can still cancel the hotel and get credit from the airline and go to a festival you like better.

This is what's rumored/confirmed for Bonnaroo so far..

My Morning Jacket, B.B. King, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Pat Green, Willie Nelson...

So if you like that better than Coachella you should go!

faxman75
01-22-2008, 08:46 AM
This is bullshit! I have been going to coachella since 1984 and this is simply NOT right. Just look at the history of headliners and then top that with the ticket prices going UP this year and they expect people to be OK with this.

NO WAY. Just say NO to Coachella!!!

This is all Psychic Friends fault as she confirmed Radiohead wasn't going to be on that poster months ago, which only RAISED speculation that they WOULD be there. Obviously, PF, Tollett, Golenvoice, Jesus, Mary and JOSEPH don't care about US the FANS!!!

NO PRESALE EITHER! BOOOO! <throws popcorn> BOO
I am so outraged. It's pretty official that Coachella has jumped the shark!

trashle626
01-22-2008, 08:47 AM
The last time I checked nobody was forcing anyone at gun point to go to Coachella. If you don't like the line up then don't go...it's that easy.

And if you booked air fare, hotel, etc. before you knew the line up then it's your own fault for not waiting.

And you can still cancel the hotel and get credit from the airline and go to a festival you like better.

This is what's rumored/confirmed for Bonnaroo so far..

My Morning Jacket, B.B. King, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Pat Green, Willie Nelson...

So if you like that better than Coachella you should go!

did you even attend coachella last year?...

Habitual Speeder
01-22-2008, 08:51 AM

Please get off Coachella's dick and move on. There are real fans of this event who want to discuss the lineup. Start your own festival and festival thread. Looks like there are plenty of complainers who are willing to go to your festival.

Hmmm...let's see...

As this is not a free festival, I'm guessin' feedback is necessary to let the organizers know what we like, & don't like, to ensure they come up with a product that will still attract folks.

Sure, there're bands/DJs that I like on the roster that I'd like to see, but, being realistic, this year's list does not look as good as past year's rosters. As I look back at previous years, it's would take seconds for me to say, "I'm going!" For this year, I'm still debating it with my pals...

brijohn
01-22-2008, 08:53 AM
It's interesting. Coachella has scored a serious amount of talent during the daytime and afternoon portions of the festival. The stuff that I see that is either

a)tired - Fat Boy Slim and the like
b)doesn't belong in it's slot - Portishead headlining
c) doesn't belong at all - Jack Johnson

are fairly few in number. I think this will be a year where people really enjoy the up and coming bands and find that they will follow them for years to come and that people will also go see the headliners and like them but it won't be that monumental, life changing experience. That is a bummer but it isn't the end of the world. You get a great deal on bands per $$, enjoy the open air fields all day and get to seriously groove out when you hear something you have never heard before.

That's what it was like for me when I saw Janes in 2001. It also turned me on to a bunch of other bands. Been every year since except for one. Will still go this year, just not for all three days. But that's cool because everyone who DOES go will have a good time.

Please don't fail me for the corny post.

Ardentbiscuit
01-22-2008, 08:55 AM
I've gone to Coachella every year since the start!

I've loved every year even if I wasn't always thrilled about the headliners...

It's more about the unknown bands and the other stages than the headliners to me...

It's the whole experience...

I just think the complaining is over the top.

We get it, you're mad..oh well..that's life..

algunz
01-22-2008, 09:02 AM
This is bullshit! I have been going to coachella since 1984 and this is simply NOT right.

Were you riding the ponies?

nationocean
01-22-2008, 09:05 AM
that's great that you are still excited about the line-up good for you.

you know the rest of us though, (not the retards who just hate jack johnson). but real music lovers, who actually go to alot of concerts every year and know what's going on.. yeah i'm one of those people.

coachella's line-up is not only LAZY it is a slap in the face of its supporters and fans over the years. all they did was bunch together all the bands of the last few years and slap a band-aid for 2008 to call it good.

uh, justice played last year. hot chip played last year.

and not only that it's the principle of the festival. and AGAIN more than half the line up are repeats from the past 4-5 festivals.. case in point - MIA, Animal Collective, Kraftwerk, Sasha and Digweed, Minus the Bear, Jack Johnson has played a couple of times already.. just look at their line-up for the past few years..

I know because I've been going for years now. Plus all these acts aren't doing anything new this year. most have released their albums last year.

sorry if we 'whine' about not having the best line-up possible.. we would just like what they do best, like daft punk or the audacity to have madonna to play. at least they were trying.

that's all i'm trying to say, i'm just disappointed that this line-up is the worst and laziest they've ever put out. and as a big fan of the festival it hurts to see it.

that's all.

Derekx
01-22-2008, 09:06 AM
It's slowly settling in that the lineup is actually good, despite well you know. There are so many good smaller bands playing that I would love to see. I'm pretty sure I'll be there all 3 days.

faxman75
01-22-2008, 09:07 AM
TEAR DOWN THE WALL TEAR DOWN THE WALL TEAR DOWN THE WALL

algunz
01-22-2008, 09:10 AM
coachella's line-up is not only LAZY it is a slap in the face of its supporters and fans over the years. all they did was bunch together all the bands of the last few years and slap a band-aid for 2008 to call it good.

uh, justice played last year. hot chip played last year.

and not only that it's the principle of the festival. and AGAIN more than half the line up are repeats from the past 4-5 festivals.. case in point - MIA, Animal Collective, Kraftwerk, Sasha and Digweed, Minus the Bear, Jack Johnson has played a couple of times already.. just look at their line-up for the past few years..

I think this is one of the great things about it. I'm getting a chance to see bands that I wasn't able to see last year or would really like to see again.

Every year I leave Coachella with a little empty feeling tucked way deep down in the corner of my gut, because there are always great acts that I missed or wasn't able to catch their whole set. Now I've got a chance to fill that void.

faxman75
01-22-2008, 09:11 AM
It's slowly settling in that the lineup is actually good, despite well you know. There are so many good smaller bands playing that I would love to see. I'm pretty sure I'll be there all 3 days.

WORD! I'm hoping all these fucking crybabies have some sort of effect on the turnout and there are only about 35-40 K people each day. That would be perfect! Meanwhile this year has way more bands than I have wanted to see than in the past.

The Verve, Racounters, Breeders, Fatboy Slim, Tegan and Sara, The NAtional, Portishead, Kraftwerk, Rilo Kiley, M.I.A., Hot Chip, Flogging Molly, Roger Waters, Love and Rockets, My Morning Jacket, Justice, Metric

I'm fairly certaint that right there is more than enough to get me to enjoy.

Wah wah it's a slamp in the face. How dare they screw us like this. Who do they think they are, we are REAL music fans.

Get the fuck over yourself. LOL

J~$$$
01-22-2008, 09:13 AM
EDIT; nm i see the sarcasm.

Senor Cardgage
01-22-2008, 09:13 AM
For a vet this is actually a great lineup with the repeats.
Like alot of you, there were guys I missed last year or simply didnt fully appreciate.

ToddThaGod
01-22-2008, 09:34 AM
the people whining, are the people whining, about the other people whining

faxman75
01-22-2008, 09:36 AM
you obviously can't see the massive amount of negative thread titles but that's probably because you have a condom on the wrong head covering your eyes.

Rod Barajas
01-22-2008, 09:36 AM
I am officially whining, about the people whining, about the other people whining who have been whining before the whining occurred.

Top that...

unknowndrummer66
01-22-2008, 09:38 AM
I am officially whining, about the people whining, about the other people whining who have been whining before the whining occurred.

Top that...

i eat dert

Rod Barajas
01-22-2008, 09:39 AM
i eat dert

You win bro...

MrSheen
01-22-2008, 09:44 AM
here's one way of looking at it...if you've been friends with someone for years and they make a big mistake, you don't just fall out with them straight away and start slagging them off...you forgive em and get on with it!

i know coachella's a festival/business etc and we're paying, but come on, unless you know and have heard every single band announced, you can't really be so harsh. i've already found a couple of new bands that i like (Austin TV & Autolux)

it's just the 3 weak headliners that are causing all the fuss, and predominantly Jack Johnson. To be honest though, last year the 3 headliners were massive names, but i didnt think any of em were any good. but here's the thing, and it's important when discussing this line up...

that's just my opinion!

Of course some people will love the thought of enjoying finding new music and checking out smaller bands...me included, but i know that some will prefer a festival with bands that they know, and that's understandable too...the good thing is, there's loads of festivals in the US, and you guys get some really great weather and some really great bands. Over in the UK the choice aint all that great and the weather fucking sucks...which is why we're flying over to LA again this year to bask in the desert sun, enjoy the beautiful surroundings, talk to you nice american folk, drink a few beers, smoke a few cigarettes and watch some bands...it's dark, cold and wet here in the UK so the thought of Coachella is like paradise right now!!

nationocean
01-22-2008, 09:49 AM
i know coachella's a festival/business etc and we're paying, but come on, unless you know and have heard every single band announced, you can't really be so harsh. i've already found a couple of new bands that i like (Austin TV & Autolux)

it's just the 3 weak headliners that are causing all the fuss, and predominantly Jack Johnson. To be honest though, last year the 3 headliners were massive names, but i didnt think any of em were any good. but here's the thing, and it's important when discussing this line up...

that's just my opinion!

it is good to know people will enjoy it, really. unfortunately for people like me, who live in LA and work in music/entertainment. this line up is tired and played out.. i have seen almost every band on that poster.. so i guess i'm a little jaded. i will try to find the positive though. swears.

MrSheen
01-22-2008, 09:50 AM
i dont blame you...if there was a festival close to me with loads of bands id already seen, i wouldnt bother going...hey, fancy a festival swap? you come to UK for one of our mudfests?? :)

insbordnat
01-22-2008, 09:53 AM

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Rod Barajas
01-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

You can not grasp the power of the dark side of the force...

SFChrissy
01-22-2008, 10:00 AM
I can't wait until the whining ends, and we can get back to being excited about Coachella.Mee too sister!!!

Your either with us or against us. I'm totally with you...

you obviously can't see the massive amount of negative thread titles but that's probably because you have a condom on the wrong head covering your eyes.Your sarcasm is killing me today...keep it coming the 1984 bit was the best

faxman75
01-22-2008, 10:13 AM
:) thanks