PDA

View Full Version : Things you hate about Coachella

lafolieverte
01-21-2008, 10:06 PM
I've never been, and I'm probably not ever going to go, but I just wanted to hear some cons from a large group of people, if possible.

My disinterest stems mainly from the extremely large crowds, the seemingly militant security/rules, and the location (heat? is is hot? cause fuck heat).

greenplastic875
01-21-2008, 10:10 PM
If you're talking about this year's Coachella, I dislike all the number of ignoramus who post the same thread every fucking minute on why they loath the lineup.

boarderwoozel3
01-21-2008, 10:34 PM
The security isn't that tough to get around and certainly aren't militant.
There are a lot of people there but the festival is set up well so its not really an issue.
It is hot but that just means you'll get a tan and look better.

You should just stay inside 24/7 where its nice and safe:)

ultraslow
01-21-2008, 10:36 PM
it gets hotter than the devil’s balls.

another reason i think i'll pass this year.

kiely
01-21-2008, 10:42 PM
I think the line about militant security is really hilarious. Where are you getting your information from?

algunz
01-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Yes, lafo, why are you even here?

JustSteve
01-21-2008, 10:44 PM
this message board on announcement day.

boarderwoozel3
01-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Just because you don't want to/can't afford to go doesn't mean you need to dig up dirt on Coachella to justify your poor decision.

The pros outweigh the cons 100,000,000,000:1

Geebs3906
01-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Security is kinda a joke. Yeah they check your stuff when you come in and they have 'beer gardens' where you are allowed to drink, but it's pretty laid back. Everybody brings in their favorite drugs easily and if you're underage and wanna drink, just pick up a wristband off the ground.

Security isn't bad at all.

It is hot as balls though...but part of the sweaty/toocloseforcomfort fun!

gmoneyak
01-21-2008, 11:19 PM
it gets hotter than the devilís balls.

I like the heat. The vibe, the enthusiastic crowds, and the music is all that matters to me.

smoke
01-21-2008, 11:24 PM
wtf? its 3 days out of your life...3 days of being hot, dirty, and in a crowd. do you have any idea how fun coachella is? 3 days of being slightly inconvenienced to party like that is a very small price to pay. coachella is fucking world class.

Shaolin
01-21-2008, 11:26 PM
I have been to Coachella many times and have always been amazed on how cool and good the lineup is. But what happend this year?... The lineup is really bad and the price is way way too expensive. The only good thing though is that it's not going to be too crowded.

lafolieverte
01-22-2008, 12:41 AM
There are a lot of people there but the festival is set up well so its not really an issue.
It is hot but that just means you'll get a tan and look better.

You should just stay inside 24/7 where its nice and safe:)

from what i've seen from photos and shit it looks too overcrowded for my enjoyment. what can i say? i hate people, so the less the better.

it gets hotter than the devil’s balls.

thank you for your honest opinion.

I think the line about militant security is really hilarious. Where are you getting your information from?

here, in various replies all over the fucking place, and don't ask for references, cause i'm way too fucking lazy and i seriously don't care enough in the least to bother.

Just because you don't want to/can't afford to go doesn't mean you need to dig up dirt on Coachella to justify your poor decision.

The pros outweigh the cons 100,000,000,000:1

can't afford? lol, try and be more juvenile.

Security is kinda a joke. Yeah they check your stuff when you come in and they have 'beer gardens' where you are allowed to drink, but it's pretty laid back. Everybody brings in their favorite drugs easily and if you're underage and wanna drink, just pick up a wristband off the ground.
Security isn't bad at all.
It is hot as balls though...but part of the sweaty/toocloseforcomfort fun!

"beer gardens"... that's the kind of crap i'm talking about. anyway your experience w/ security is opposite to what i've heard, but thanks for passing that knowledge to me.

i enjoyed vegoose last year, and ATP in 2003/2004 (no i'm not cool enough to have gone any years prior)

anyways, my taste in music has changed in the past few years such that i'm not as likely to be into shit that's playing at coachella to begin with.

and i'm not really keen on being around sweaty hippies (i confess to being a hypocrite: now) for 3 days. especially in the heat, because fuck heat. and fuck sunburns and tans. you know what? DOUBLE FUCK tans.

whatever. i had a more organized response than that, but it's gone out the window.

mvanwinkle
01-22-2008, 02:04 AM
if you have never been and plan on never going why are you talking

elChurro
01-22-2008, 07:29 AM
lol, he said vegoose.

lafolieverte
01-22-2008, 10:41 AM
lol, he said vegoose.

lol, you're pretentious

lafolieverte
01-22-2008, 10:42 AM
if you have never been and plan on never going why are you talking

obviously because i was trying to gauge whether or not i should bother going. obviously. is it not obvious? i was pretty sure it was obvious.

andromedarkly
01-22-2008, 11:01 AM
I've never been, and I'm probably not ever going to go, but I just wanted to hear some cons from a large group of people, if possible.

No one here seems to have any 'cons's...

And the questions you have asked, you've answered yourself...to the 'con' side...am I missing somethng? So it's not so obvious why ask questions you alreaday have answers to...

In two years, I have never had a prob with security, the venue is absofuckinglutely beautiful, the scenery is top notch, the art installations are fascinating, there is plenty of room, and there is reasonably tasty food available...

It is hot though, near 100ļ in the day...but it's a dry heat, and I didn't sweat that much, at least outside the tents...and the tents give cover from the sun, if you don't want a tan...

So, some 'pro's'...to your 'con's'...

Drewfus46
01-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Security is a joke so that is a pro a con would be the weather its hot but u get used to it honestly another con though is the porta potties lol man anyone who has been to coachella knows about that... but this year i was totally pissed about the line up and how coachella let me down but i think about my first year going to coachella and i remember i didnt know half the people that were playing but by the end of the weekend i had so many new bands to listen to i recommend that everyone goes to coachella except for the guy that started this thread cause you sir are a douche!

SFChrissy
01-22-2008, 11:20 AM
All the haters after the announcement has been made

M Sparks
01-22-2008, 01:16 PM
I've got a con...getting out of the parking lot.

vogina
01-22-2008, 02:03 PM
coldplay and jack johnson

paganman7
01-22-2008, 02:30 PM
Coachella is a passion of mine, but being completely honest:

1. The heat...god damn the heat!
2. People pushing their way in front of you 5 minutes before the set begins after you've been standing there for 2 hours. This is not exclusive to Coachella, as it seems to happen at every GA show I attend.

I think that's it. I freaking love Coachella.

Mr.Wyndham
01-22-2008, 02:36 PM
its hot but its not that hot.

kroqken
01-23-2008, 06:48 PM
I hate that I cannot bring in bottled water from the outside. I hope ten old bottles equals a free bottled water this year, like it was last year.

anti-square
01-23-2008, 06:56 PM
[insert pf's speeding analogy here]

This will solve your problem kroqken.

kroqken
01-23-2008, 07:05 PM
That last post confuses me.

anti-square
01-23-2008, 07:11 PM
i drove 90 miles an hour to work today. didnt get pulled over. guess that means its ok to speeeeeeeed. helllz ya

kidding of course. not like a cop was trying to race me..

:(

Wake the fuck up.

kroqken
01-23-2008, 08:11 PM
OK, I get it now. Thanks.

Dave Gravy
01-23-2008, 09:44 PM
I hate the dirty ass hippies. They fucking stink.

kroqken
01-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Then you won't like My MOrning Jacket.

PrettyRagdoll
01-24-2008, 07:06 PM

My disinterest stems mainly from the extremely large crowds, the seemingly militant security/rules, and the location (heat? is is hot? cause fuck heat).

Militant Security? Have you been talking to that random dude from last year who's gf was 'felt up' as he helplessly watched? Security is barely there.

Only real con is the heat. And that's unavoidable

kroqken
01-24-2008, 08:32 PM
I know marijuana gets sneaked in.

ifulmer
01-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Traffic trying to get to the show and how tired you are after are the only cons. The middle is all sweet and tasty.

But seriously I was on the verge of killing someone, or atleast killing myself and taking a few down with me, when I was stuck in traffic for over an hour less than a mile away from the event.

alex97
01-25-2008, 12:03 AM
about this coachella??

Metric playing on sunday when i'm only going on friday :mad: