PDA

View Full Version : Whos goin from Vancouver?

Dave_2006
01-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Just out of curiosity I'd like to know how many are leaving from Van..and how ur gettin down..i was lookin at the bus but the idea of having to change a bus like 5times for a few days is unappealing and the train goes to L.A so u gotta find ur way up to indio and a plane is like $300 something but once again u gotta find ur way to the desert some how.

paulb
01-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Im flying to LAX for like 420 bucks or something.... and then driving down with my girlfriend and a friend....

number1alien
01-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Driving!

seachanges
01-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Flying to Lax, but I paid 433, rip off!!!!!

paulb
01-21-2008, 10:37 PM
i remember 2007 was like 300 or so....major RIP OFF

seachanges
01-21-2008, 10:40 PM
did you know it's like 230 from seattle? My friends and I are also going to SMD on the 23rd and didn't want to drive out there at like 5 in the morning.

jayce
01-21-2008, 10:52 PM
probably driving
but if my friend sell out i'll fly

davidclark
01-22-2008, 12:46 AM
I'll be flying from Seattle - it's way cheaper. As far as gettig to Indio from LAX, last year I went via Greyhound and it was a joke. Spent 10 hours at the Greayhound station because they had overbooked the busses about 20 times over. Definately rent a car or find a lift with somebody.

flowbee
01-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Heck, skip LAX that garbage pit and fly straight into Palm Springs International Airport from Seattle on Alaska Air. Thats what I'll probably be doing. Backup will be a 1.5 day roadtrip

Nakles
02-07-2008, 04:21 PM
driving!!

TwoToneTronBone
02-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Hey, me and a friend are gonna drive from kamloops, BC, Canada, we got 2 or 3 open seats. We're probly gonna be pickin people up as we head down. TRON.

stewboss
02-07-2008, 08:09 PM
I hope we're talking about Coachella patrons coming from the original Vancouver in Washington state and not the Johnny Come Lately Vancouver they recently started up there North of the border.

My friend Bill is coming down from the real Vancouver and he's flying. I'm flying as well but I'm coming down from Seattle.

Vancouver USA! Vancouver USA!

Trudeau
02-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Shut the fuck up Stewboss. ;)

Anyway last year I took Amtrack down from Seattle, this year I'm driving.

Sebnoize
02-08-2008, 07:24 PM
2 years ago we've flown to LAX then drove (rental about $125 for 5 days) but this year will probably go straight to PS from Seatac, roundtrip tickets were about $275 today

rage patton
02-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Woo!

rage patton
02-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Hello fellow Vancouverites!

I am looking for 1 or 2 people who need a ride down to Coachella.

We will be leaving Tuesday April 22 and getting to the Campgrounds on the afternoon of the 24th.
After Coachella, we will be going to Long beach for a couple of days. (My buddy is getting hia tattoo done.) Then after, we will be going to Disneyland. But heres the kicker... going to Disneyland FOR FREE.

So if you need a ride to Coachella, and dont mind stoping in Long Beach and FREE Disneyland, hit me up with a PM.

TonyWonder
02-11-2008, 12:50 PM
I am very jealous of you Vancouverites. After two visits, I am completely in love with your city. My wife and I are flying from Texas this year but we plan on moving to Vancouver in early 2009 so hopefully we will be going to Coachella from Vancouver next year!

Trudeau
02-11-2008, 01:20 PM
I am very jealous of you Vancouverites. After two visits, I am completely in love with your city. My wife and I are flying from Texas this year but we plan on moving to Vancouver in early 2009 so hopefully we will be going to Coachella from Vancouver next year!

Thanks man. Yeah, Vancouver is a pretty great city. It has it's downfalls, but all in all I love it. Good to hear you'll be here in time for the Olympics.

TonyWonder
02-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Thanks man. Yeah, Vancouver is a pretty great city. It has it's downfalls, but all in all I love it. Good to hear you'll be here in time for the Olympics.

That's the plan. I really want to be there in time for the Olympics.

I'd really like to know about the downfalls because I can't seem to find many (especially compared to Texas).

Sebnoize
02-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Housing $$$ and rain from October-April

Trudeau
02-12-2008, 11:34 AM
That's the plan. I really want to be there in time for the Olympics.

I'd really like to know about the downfalls because I can't seem to find many (especially compared to Texas).

1) The cost of living

2) Non-existent local music scene

3) Some decent clubs and places to party, but you really have to be in the know to find the off Granville strip places that pump good music (ie, not top 40)

4) The co$t of living

5) Surrey.

6) Insanely laid back attitude, hard to get things done sometimes

7) The co$$$t of living

On the upside, beautiful scenary, fucking brilliant if you like being oustide (best hiking, sailing, snowboard, skiing etc. in the world), marijuana is cheap and plentiful and high quality (we even have a cafe), totally peaceful multicultural mosaic, Vancouver Island right next door, extremely friendly if lazy and slightly snooty people, lots of marijuana, and we're not Toronto.

I'm trying to move to LA for a couple years but I'm a Vancouver boy to my core and this will always be my home.

paulb
02-12-2008, 01:34 PM
5) Surrey.

HEY!

paulb
02-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Maybe, Whalley.

Trudeau
02-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Maybe, Whalley.

One of the reasons Vancouver is so nice is that Surrey acts as a natural filtration system for the city. ;)

Haha, sorry brah.

flowbee
02-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Hello fellow Vancouverites!

I am looking for 1 or 2 people who need a ride down to Coachella.

We will be leaving Tuesday April 22 and getting to the Campgrounds on the afternoon of the 24th.
After Coachella, we will be going to Long beach for a couple of days. (My buddy is getting hia tattoo done.) Then after, we will be going to Disneyland. But heres the kicker... going to Disneyland FOR FREE.

So if you need a ride to Coachella, and dont mind stoping in Long Beach and FREE Disneyland, hit me up with a PM.

I might be driving down the I-5 with someone starting Tuesday from Seattle. I'd be willing to meet up somewhere along the way to chat with fellow Coachella fans.

rage patton
02-13-2008, 08:50 PM
I might be driving down the I-5 with someone starting Tuesday from Seattle. I'd be willing to meet up somewhere along the way to chat with fellow Coachella fans.

Yeah for sure, that would be cool. But heym if its just two of you, you can come with us.
Or you not in for the whole long beach/free Disneyland thing?

flowbee
02-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Yeah for sure, that would be cool. But heym if its just two of you, you can dcome with us.
Or you not in for the whole long beach/free Disneylan thing?

Well, we're driving a truck back to California as a favor for someone so we cant ride along in another car. I'm not sure how much time I'll have after Sunday to spend in California, depends on if I can get extra vacation days off work or not.

But I was thinking we could at least meet at a stop or two along the way since were heading out at the same time.

rage patton
02-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Well, we're driving a truck back to California as a favor for someone so we cant ride along in another car. I'm not sure how much time I'll have after Sunday to spend in California, depends on if I can get extra vacation days off work or not.

But I was thinking we could at least meet at a stop or two along the way since were heading out at the same time.

Check ur PM's.

T-Rye
02-14-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm drivin' down by myself. At least, that's what the plan is. Comin' from the rock off the coast of Vancouver.

rage patton
02-15-2008, 01:55 AM
I'm drivin' down by myself. At least, that's what the plan is. Comin' from the rock off the coast of Vancouver.

Need a ride? PM me if you are interested.

domnahl
04-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Flying to PS on Sunday April 20, and renting a car. Driving out to Salton Sea to camp and chill for 4 days, then over to Coachella. Post Coachella, spending 3 days at Joshua Tree, then flying from PS back home to Vancouver. Counting down the minutes!!!