PDA

View Full Version : Fuck You Jack Johnson

Pages : [1] 2 3

vogina
01-21-2008, 09:30 PM
for existing to take up a headlining spot. you will be boo'd as i walk out of the fields from another act!!

jonnypark
01-21-2008, 09:31 PM
I hope he dies

Westy
01-21-2008, 09:33 PM
I might visit the main stage on Friday so I can shout abuse at him.

No, I take it back. I'm not a hater.

shoegazer76
01-21-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm smuggling eggs & tomatoes in if I go this year.

Jack Johnson = The new Fozzie Bear

sesamesteve
01-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Jack Johnson! YES.

Doors2time
01-21-2008, 09:52 PM
rot in hellooooo jack johnson!!!

faxman75
01-21-2008, 09:53 PM
I thought about this long and hard. Jack Johnson >>>>Coldplay

GauchoGuy17
01-21-2008, 09:54 PM
If you guys think about this rationally, you will see that Jack Johnson is not the one at fault here.

MozzerFan1
01-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Its not, but he is still playing. It is his fault for agreeing to play

orbit
01-21-2008, 09:56 PM
GauchoGuy17 is Jack Johnson.

coldstart
01-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Lol!

GauchoGuy17
01-21-2008, 09:58 PM
GauchoGuy17 is Jack Johnson.

No, but he went to my school (UCSB), so I've been exposed to his music since the first album.

IMO, it's good acoustic, laid-back music. You could do a lot worse.

summerkid
01-21-2008, 09:59 PM
this thread is fucking classic.

vogina
01-21-2008, 10:02 PM
why him.. why!

everyone everywhere can come up with another band that on a majority would agree is much better than jack fucking johnson.. that is the big point to this all.. WHY!!

woogie846
01-21-2008, 10:03 PM
I hope he dies

No you don't.

matsuolost
01-21-2008, 10:05 PM
at least he will bring some girls to coachella, thats better than red hot winerfest peppers last year

victor831
01-21-2008, 10:06 PM
He's beyond shit, fuck fuck fuck, not worth traveling 400 miles for this lineup no way, man i was so fucking excited, this is shite...

vogina
01-21-2008, 10:07 PM
He's beyond shit, fuck fuck fuck, not worth traveling 400 miles for this lineup no way, man i was so fucking excited, this is shite...

maybe you could hit up the "east" coast.. why!!!

Sci-Fi
01-21-2008, 10:07 PM
goldenvoice is fucking retarded.

Thr3ad_Grad3r
01-21-2008, 10:08 PM
F

Unoriginal thread

GauchoGuy17
01-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Have you guys saying that he's worse than shit heard any of his music besides the Curious George song?

Go listen to On and On. That's actually a pretty damn good album.

bauerctu75
01-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Sooooo sad about the line-up. Truly horrible. Great, small indie bands, but they're not worth the $300 ticket price plus the hundreds of dollars I have to spend to get there, etc.

This was to have been my fifth year in a row.

Oh, well...there's always Lollapalooza. Maybe they'll book actual headliners.

ProEdge
01-21-2008, 10:13 PM
for existing to take up a headlining spot. you will be boo'd as i walk out of the fields from another act!!It was definitely a bad choice for GV to select him as the headliner. I could see him playing Coachella. No doubt about that. But headlining?? Hmmm...not so sure Coachella will do so well selling tickets this year as last. I think the sad thing is that the whole selling to Mexico fans this year was probably better suited last year as I know many Mexican fans would have loved to see Rage.

Gyrus
01-21-2008, 10:14 PM
at least he will bring some girls to coachella, thats better than red hot winerfest peppers last year

Indeed :P

The glass is half full my friend bwahahahahahah

interpolado
01-21-2008, 10:28 PM
who the fuck is jack johnson? .... dont care!
we need a real headliner for friday...

rwklv1
01-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Im gonna throw my shoe at that mother fucker....

ladadata
01-21-2008, 10:31 PM
they shoukd have had rage. they need a rage reunion not this johnson nonsense

algunz
01-21-2008, 10:32 PM
At least there will be a steady flow of pot at the venue.

ProEdge
01-22-2008, 09:47 AM
At least there will be a steady flow of pot at the venue.The pot is only half as good as the music you smoke it to.

Aphxtwinin
01-22-2008, 09:55 AM

alaskan thunder fuck w00t w00t

activenike
01-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Jack Johnson is just terrible.

Rod Barajas
01-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Have you guys saying that he's worse than shit heard any of his music besides the Curious George song?

Go listen to On and On. That's actually a pretty damn good album.
Oh fuck me...Just when I was willing to give him a chance...You bring up that abortion of a song...Damn yous Gaucho damn yous to hell...

daft$tar
01-22-2008, 10:36 AM

hahah amen

this thread is hilarious

aprillynnn
01-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Living in Hawaii, we can see JJ wheneverz (but who cares, he sucks IMO). He can't even draw a big crowd here, and he's a headliner at the greatest music festival ever!???? What the hell is GV thinking? This is a total letdown....

yonicsouth
01-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Its because rich frat guys outnumber the true music fan, Bro!
It's gonna be FRATFEST 08! Next year, Dave Matthews should headline....that would be killer ,Bro!

nil_by_mouth
01-22-2008, 10:43 AM
I woke up thinking...hoping...PRAYING that it was just a nightmare. Alas, it's not, and that was car crash is still set to happen on Friday night. What a waste.

faxman75
01-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Its because rich frat guys outnumber the true music fan, Bro!
It's gonna be FRATFEST 08! Next year, Dave Matthews should headline....that would be killer ,Bro!

Fratfest? Aren't RHCP, Rage and the Beastie Boys the frat bands?

Jack Johnson is just lax guitar music. I don't think too many frat partys are pumping Jack Johnson.

yonicsouth
01-22-2008, 10:55 AM
open your eyes an ears...you must live in indio or somethin. Somewhere far away, David Bowie is laughing at everyone.....

vogina
01-22-2008, 01:03 PM
G5qi_F4oQoQ&rel

WHY

vogina
01-22-2008, 01:05 PM
EvTTjpysfHk&rel
why......sniffle

victor831
01-22-2008, 01:20 PM
fuck him and fuck the shitty lineup, inexcusable how weak it is, a sad fucking day..

cit128
01-22-2008, 01:35 PM
I have heard enough of his shit and it is all very ugly. It is the kind of music rich girls hear in their cars. And if that asshole plays that stupid curious george song on Coachella someone will kill him before he finishes it, I promise!!!

grantgti1039
01-22-2008, 01:37 PM
why him.. why!

everyone everywhere can come up with another band that on a majority would agree is much better than jack fucking johnson.. that is the big point to this all.. WHY!!

When you start putting together shows you can decide not to have JJ on the lineup. Do you have any clue what the process is for booking shows like this? It's pretty obvious what the answer to that question is.

faxman75
01-22-2008, 01:39 PM
I have heard enough of his shit and it is all very ugly. It is the kind of music rich girls hear in their cars. And if that asshole plays that stupid curious george song on Coachella someone will kill him before he finishes it, I promise!!!

Wow, death threats on message boards are always fun.

Whatever happened to the Rage fans? They seem fairly likeable compared to the Jack Johnson haters.

vogina
01-22-2008, 01:39 PM
When you start putting together shows you can decide not to have JJ on the lineup. Do you have any clue what the process is for booking shows like this? It's pretty obvious what the answer to that question is.

no i don't. but they way you come off in this post i will assume you do for my amusement. go fuck yourself for doing all the dirty work in getting a shitty headliner for an amazing event.

holagatita
01-22-2008, 01:57 PM
what's up with all this hate for Jack Johnson? he's not a horrible musician. if you don't like his music, you don't have to see him. geeez people.

Captcoach
01-22-2008, 01:58 PM
I think you guys are being way too harsh on the man. Why don't you blame the people who put together the lineup instead of the man making the music. Face it, he is an artist and you have to respect that whether you like his music or not. He still is successful, he still works hard, and he still will be at Coachella. So before you deem him "gay" like the bros, hipsters, and scene kids you are think about how fucking arrogant you sound

thedevious
01-22-2008, 02:07 PM
I think you guys are being way too harsh on the man. Why don't you blame the people who put together the lineup instead of the man making the music. Face it, he is an artist and you have to respect that whether you like his music or not. He still is successful, he still works hard, and he still will be at Coachella. So before you deem him "gay" like the bros, hipsters, and scene kids you are think about how fucking arrogant you sound

You call the effluvia that he disperses art? Well I certainly don't respect that!

He ain't a proper Coachella headliner, put a BIG period up on that shit.

GianCG
01-22-2008, 02:09 PM
goldenvoice is fucking retarded.

agreed

Dave Gravy
01-22-2008, 02:17 PM
I can already see the crowd booing his ass off stage.

vogina
01-22-2008, 02:19 PM

he'll have more respect if he did rather than continuing with suck lyrics like : "Big fat hurricanes
Yellow bellied given names"

Rod Barajas
01-22-2008, 02:24 PM
HEADLINING FRIDAY NIGHT....

http://www.halloweencostumes4u.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000003/888026.jpg

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!

BEFORE THEY SELL OUT!

vogina
01-22-2008, 02:26 PM
HEADLINING FRIDAY NIGHT....

http://www.halloweencostumes4u.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000003/888026.jpg

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!

BEFORE THEY SELL OUT!

haha

DFrank
01-22-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm smuggling eggs & tomatoes in if I go this year.

Jack Johnson = The new Fozzie Bear

I cant believe you guys would let ONE guy with a guitar kill your entire coachella festival. So what? What if jack johnson was subed to the 3rd line and Fatboy Slim was headling? You wouldnt be bitching is what.

Last time i checked, Coachella doesnt have 1 band per day.

Rod Barajas
01-22-2008, 02:50 PM
I cant believe you guys would let ONE guy with a guitar kill your entire coachella festival. So what? What if jack johnson was subed to the 3rd line and Fatboy Slim was headling? You wouldnt be bitching is what.

Last time i checked, Coachella doesnt have 1 band per day.

O agree...But...A headline is a major part of a successful Coachella...Either way while Curious George is playing away...I will be walking the track...

SatisfiedMind
01-22-2008, 02:51 PM
This thread had really helped to soften the blow of the THE lamest headliner in Coachella history...somewhere Coldplay are smiling...they suddenly look REALLY edgy!

paganman7
01-22-2008, 02:52 PM

That would be most unfortunate. What kind of piece of shit would willingly go to the main stage Friday night for the sole purpose of booing the headliner? Especially considering that the Sahara tent is going to be oozing with awesomeness!

Rod Barajas
01-22-2008, 02:52 PM
This thread had really helped to soften the blow of the THE lamest headliner in Coachella history...somewhere Coldplay are smiling...they suddenly look REALLY edgy!

No shit...Jack Johnson makes Coldplay look like Cannibal Corpse!

paganman7
01-22-2008, 02:54 PM

LMFAO!

I'm trying to ignore the anti-johnson hate speech around here, but that line is god damned hilarious!

MantisMel
01-22-2008, 02:55 PM
The pot is only half as good as the music you smoke it to.

Amen to that!

SatisfiedMind
01-22-2008, 02:56 PM
That would be most unfortunate. What kind of piece of shit would willingly go to the main stage Friday night for the sole purpose of booing the headliner? Especially considering that the Sahara tent is going to be oozing with awesomeness!

If Jack Johnson plays horrible music in the desert, but no one is there to hear him...does it make a sound?

malomakaio--
01-22-2008, 02:57 PM
heath ledger was so shocked at this news he killed himself. when will it stop jack johnson??

r.i.p. heath. you had a couple good movies

daftmonkey64
01-22-2008, 03:16 PM
I thought about this long and hard. Jack Johnson >>>>Coldplay

jack johnson >>>>>>>>>> rhcp

Dave Gravy
01-22-2008, 03:17 PM

I don't know but it's going to happen.

Rod Barajas
01-22-2008, 03:18 PM

nails on chalkboard>>>>>>>>>>jack johnson

MarkO
01-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Bag o' Doritos >> JJ

PrettyRagdoll
01-22-2008, 04:38 PM
No, but he went to my school (UCSB), so I've been exposed to his music since the first album.

IMO, it's good acoustic, laid-back music. You could do a lot worse.

No... I'm not sure you can

msklvr
01-22-2008, 04:40 PM
OK, Jack Johnson sucks and should be in a tent. Or in the lot.

User Name
01-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Jack johnson should be in that Gay Orgy thread thats floating around here.

xxxxxxxxxx
01-22-2008, 05:03 PM
heath ledger was so shocked at this news he killed himself. when will it stop jack johnson??

r.i.p. heath. you had a couple good movies

brilliant.

nil_by_mouth
01-22-2008, 05:05 PM
OK, Jack Johnson sucks and should be in a tent. Or in the lot.

Or at home, gagged...and with his limbs bound.

User Name
01-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Or at home, gagged...and with his limbs bound.

While getting ass fucked by a donkey

GauchoGuy17
01-22-2008, 05:42 PM
No... I'm not sure you can

Much anger in you.

What if it was N'Sync playing in that spot? Or Good Charlotte? Or Britney Spears? Or Something Corporate? Or James Blunt, who basically does what Jack Johnson does, but nowhere near as well?

You could do far, FAR worse than Jack Johnson.

User Name
01-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Much anger in you.

What if it was N'Sync playing in that spot? Or Good Charlotte? Or Britney Spears? Or Something Corporate? Or James Blunt, who basically does what Jack Johnson does, but nowhere near as well?

Jack Johnson is a small hop away from your examples

nationocean
01-22-2008, 05:45 PM
britney spears > jj

i'd rather be entertained by her trainwreck performance than his shit any day

User Name
01-22-2008, 05:46 PM
britney spears > jj

i'd rather be entertained by her trainwreck performance than his shit any day
She might forget her drawers

PrettyRagdoll
01-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Much anger in you.

Like I said.. No you can't..

At least those examples would be funny to see in a sick train wreck kind of way. This will just be like nails on a chalk board to anyone close enough to hear it. Me? I'll probably be in the Sahara tent pretending the main stage doesn't exist for the night.

Lt. Dangel
01-22-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't think too many frat partys are pumping Jack Johnson.

Actually after partying Saturday night, when they are sitting around watching football and throwing horseshoes on Sunday is when they are playing Jack. So technically youre right. The sorority girls are the ones who play him during the party, and the frat guys get around to playing him the next morning/afternoon after brunch.

I actually did a Sociological study at Chico State fall/summer/spring 2001/2002, where I looked at greek cultural norms and rituals. It was actually a good time. Special thanks to the guys at Riley's on 5th and Ivy. John Mayer was pretty big during that time as well.

miamiheat
01-22-2008, 06:05 PM
I dont get it all the hate surrounding this guy...do i think he should be a headliner? of course not...but i am a jack fan..the guy makes simple yet good songs that are cool to chill too...im not in a fucking gay frat nor am i some kind of poser..the beauty about music is that there is something for everyone..if you dont like his stuff then dont listen to it..i've noticed alot of you ppl hate on anything that is successful..and im sure alot of you are musicians and you are going nowhere with that kind of mentality...jack is just some normal guy who was a surfer and decided to write simple surf songs for his friends..he didnt plan on being this big..ppl just started diggin it...he isnt some kind of asshole who milks people for their money...if you want to HATE, then hate on someone who has absolutely no talent but yet is making a shit load of money from their terrible music..Soulja boy for example..should he hated and be chased with pitchforks and torches...but all you ppl that are hating jack as if he was hitlers right hand man..give it a break...you guys sound like bigger assholes than frat guys and thats saying alot

whynotsmile99
01-22-2008, 06:08 PM
I dont get it all the hate surrounding this guy...do i think he should be a headliner? of course not...but i am a jack fan..the guy makes simple yet good songs that are cool to chill too...im not in a fucking gay frat nor am i some kind of poser..the beauty about music is that there is something for everyone..if you dont like his stuff then dont listen to it..i've noticed alot of you ppl hate on anything that is successful..and im sure alot of you are musicians and you are going nowhere with that kind of mentality...jack is just some normal guy who was a surfer and decided to write simple surf songs for his friends..he didnt plan on being this big..ppl just started diggin it...he isnt some kind of asshole who milks people for their money...if you want to HATE, then hate on someone who has absolutely no talent but yet is making a shit load of money from their terrible music..Soulja boy for example..should he hated and be chased with pitchforks and torches...but all you ppl that are hating jack as if he was hitlers right hand man..give it a break...you guys sound like bigger assholes than frat guys and thats saying alot

i 100% endorse this comment

hendrixfan143
01-22-2008, 06:08 PM
i don't hate Jack but why would i want to pay 250 dollars to see somebody that any kid with a guitar sounds like

hypervera
01-22-2008, 06:13 PM
i don't hate Jack but why would i want to pay 250 dollars to see somebody that any kid with a guitar sounds like

yeah i agree!!!!!!!!!

hypervera
01-22-2008, 06:16 PM
i would do a better show with my fuckin guitar!!!

Dave Gravy
01-22-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been moved to Misc. Babble like all the other anti-Jack Johnson threads........

ROCK ON!

CoachellaFriendly
01-22-2008, 06:31 PM
If you're one of the people bitching about JJ headlining your're a fuckin dumb newbie coachella goer. I love all the jack ass's that pay out the ass to see the headliner. There are tons of kick ass bands playing, you complainers just care about the bold print. I cut out of the end of bjork's set last year and partied my ass off with Gogol Bordello and had a blast. If you dont like JJ, go see one of the other kick ass bands that are playing the same time slot. But if you would rather bitch about the surfer musician whose head high in beautiful pussy and living an epic lifestyle...suit yourself. Just remember that while your typing and complaining, Jack Johnson will still be headlining Friday for a bunch of beautiful woman and there will be tons of happy people there to greet him before he heads back to his shack on the beach in Hawaii with not a thought on his mind about anyone who dis-likes his music. I will be one of those people with a fatty in my hand and a hottie by my side. Much love :P Lookin forward to this year Coachella...thanks for scaring all the deush bag bro dog's who come to Coachella with their thumbs up their ass's until RHCP or Rage go on. :)

hypervera
01-22-2008, 06:33 PM
fuck jack johnson!!!!! and im not a newbie! yeah everybody have small bands to see but its coachella !! we expect some fuckin headliners!! not that monkey dude

miamiheat
01-22-2008, 06:34 PM
awesome...other than rhcp i still like them bc of frusciante lol

joppy-slow
01-22-2008, 06:42 PM

this has to be the funniest thread ever.. People ,Jack Johnson is not at fault here.. give the guy a break.. '''''laughing my azz off'''''''' He does have some catchy songs, but nothing of headliner status..

We should make a law that a mere 25% of your albums must have electric guitars in them, if you are to headline Coachella..

I think Portishead albums have even more electric guitars then JJ does..

This is going to be the year of 'easy listening coachella'.. people are going to be woken up after all 3 headliners play..

joppy-slow
01-22-2008, 06:42 PM

bah hahahhhaaaaaaaaaaa....ewwwwha haaaaaaaaaa...

joppy-slow
01-22-2008, 06:44 PM

Paul ???? Is that you Paul..? ? ?

SurLaCarte
01-22-2008, 06:46 PM
nails on chalkboard>>>>>>>>>>jack johnson

Brandon McCarthy?

hypervera
01-22-2008, 06:46 PM
me> jack johnson

coldplay>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jack johnson

joppy-slow
01-22-2008, 06:55 PM
maybe he will play 'Banana Pancakes' for all the chica's..

jezuz.. coachella.. JJ as a headliner???? come'on just admit that you fucked up and let Friday be 'Coachella Fan Appreciation Day' and we all get in for free...

L_BoZ_Qdyl0

g0k1ngsg0
01-22-2008, 07:02 PM
JMFJ > Jack Johnson

7Lo2bNqQOuw

lostsoul86
01-22-2008, 07:34 PM
ya jack johnson sucks monkey balls but fuck it fatboyslim is gonna be there so ill enjoy that . honestly i got so drunk last year that i missed all of fridays show except like 10 minutes of bjork.. but 5 min was enough of that .. but this thread is too freaking funny lol

nahzt
01-22-2008, 07:36 PM
The only headliner to get excited about is Kraftwerk. As far as headliners go, you fucked up this year goldenvoice. And Jack Johnson is the most glaring mistake of them all.

Death
01-22-2008, 07:58 PM
JMFJ > Jack Johnson

7Lo2bNqQOuw

Michigan sucks, don't bring that shit here. Fuck the Wolverines.

ryanpen
01-22-2008, 08:04 PM
you are all forgetting that jack has played before, but years ago. i dont see why its such a big deal.

bot73
01-22-2008, 08:13 PM
As John Richards said on KEXP this morning, as he was reading off the bands, "Jack Johnson? *pause* Oh well, I guess you can't win them all."

jenja
01-22-2008, 08:16 PM

I'm gonna agree.
Also, I'll add, we don't attend coachella simply for the headliners. I must say, the headliners were the downpoint of my coachella experience last year... RATM fans are mostly crazy ass bastards, Chili Peppers were mediocre, and BJORK... nuf said.
I look forward to chillin with a fatty splif and mr. johnson :)

bigparade
01-22-2008, 08:55 PM
In trying to respond to this in a mature way, I think the
most appropriate way to describe the reaction to a booking
like Jack Johnson headlining such a big festival is "frustrating."
No, it isn't Jack Johnson. It's a stream of agents, lawyers,
managers, etc. And I'm sure that they all stood to gain a lot
from it, but it does make Goldenvoice and Coachella in-general
look A)out of touch and B) inconsiderate to ticket buyers. If
Jack Johnson was headlining a 2nd stage, I would've been shocked.
Every year when the official poster is posted, a stream of parodies
surface, and I was sure. SURE when I first saw this year's poster,
that the site had been hacked and a parody had been posted.
Even Portishead is a weak choice, but at least they have their
credibility in place of what excitement their music lacks. The same
for Roger Waters, and at least, to some degree, he has made a
mark on rock and roll in the big picture.
I think comparing Jack Johnson to Britney Spears was actually
pretty accurate, except that Britney Spears has at least represented
the top of a specific genre. Jack Johnson is, at best, a dilluded
beach-spin on the Dave Mathews aesthetic. Not the headliner
of a $300 festival anywhere. Especially not the best festival in
America. Whoever called it "pretty cool music to chill to" may be
correct, but that is a pretty goddamn weak climax to 1/3 of the
festival.

Blintz
01-22-2008, 09:08 PM
I agree with this... To be fair, while I despise Jack Johnson (like Dave Matthews, it's simplistic bro-rock without any depth... and JJ's lack of depth isn't helped by being a lone dude with an acoustic guitar), I don't think that he's actually TERRIBLE... That said, I do think it's insulting to Coachella fans to try to bring in a new (juvenile, tasteless) audience by having Jack Johnson appear as a headliner. And the hypocrisy of the organizers led to this: Tollett/Goldenvoice already complained about the large number of festivals making booking quality acts difficult, yet they added to this with another festival on the fucking East Coast (not that those guys even need any more festivals) that seems likely to siphon off Radiohead and possible My Bloody Valentine from West Coast fans.
Sure, Coachella's about experiencing a wide range of bands, but I'm not going to fork out $300 + travel if I'm not excited about the top-billers.

flagella666
01-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Seriously, biggest disappointment after so anxiously waiting for months to finally know who the headliners are. Lets just get John Mayer, James Blunt and Maroon 5 on board too just to finish it off.

bigparade
01-22-2008, 09:20 PM
It's true. Any and all of those would be virtually the same. God, Maroon5
would actually be less lame, which should be a mathematical impossibility.

darthlaker
01-22-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm wearing jack johnson casuals (like the ones on saturday night live) when i check him out. it will be just as funny as trying to pass him as a headliner? hi larry us.

sdcanadian
01-22-2008, 09:52 PM
A lot of people like his music. I'm happy he's playing and know other Coachella vets who are too. So what if he's not Radiohead? You musical snobs should just go to another stage and tsk tsk there. Or better yet miss what will end up being a great festival just because you're too cool for one 50 minute set.

bigparade
01-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Not liking Jack Johnson doesn't make anyone a "snob." This will be a
good festival for the most part, but JJ is not headliner material. If you
can't see that, you are being a little naive. I mean, if you're going to
the festival, then there's no reason not to just accept it and be excited
anyways, but you have to recognize what a bad choice this is.

F00FIGHTER20
01-22-2008, 10:06 PM
In trying to respond to this in a mature way, I think the
most appropriate way to describe the reaction to a booking
like Jack Johnson headlining such a big festival is "frustrating."
No, it isn't Jack Johnson. It's a stream of agents, lawyers,
managers, etc. And I'm sure that they all stood to gain a lot
from it, but it does make Goldenvoice and Coachella in-general
look A)out of touch and B) inconsiderate to ticket buyers. If
Jack Johnson was headlining a 2nd stage, I would've been shocked.
Every year when the official poster is posted, a stream of parodies
surface, and I was sure. SURE when I first saw this year's poster,
that the site had been hacked and a parody had been posted.
Even Portishead is a weak choice, but at least they have their
credibility in place of what excitement their music lacks. The same
for Roger Waters, and at least, to some degree, he has made a
mark on rock and roll in the big picture.
I think comparing Jack Johnson to Britney Spears was actually
pretty accurate, except that Britney Spears has at least represented
the top of a specific genre. Jack Johnson is, at best, a dilluded
beach-spin on the Dave Mathews aesthetic. Not the headliner
of a $300 festival anywhere. Especially not the best festival in
America. Whoever called it "pretty cool music to chill to" may be
correct, but that is a pretty goddamn weak climax to 1/3 of the
festival.

this is the best post-line-up-release comment on the whole message board.

philabuster
01-22-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm hoping that enough psychos will post that just maybe he'll think someone will actually fuck him up if he shows. Since I don't expect that to happen, I hope that the only people at the main stage will be the 2000 or so who are too fucked up to get to another stage after the Raconteurs. Seriously, if they get 10000 + for his show then look for Carrie Underwood or John Mayer next year.

GauchoGuy17
01-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Chili Peppers were mediocre

Are you serious?

thedevious
01-22-2008, 11:31 PM
RHCP have been mediocre since about 93.

GauchoGuy17
01-22-2008, 11:33 PM
RHCP have been mediocre since about 93.

But they were NOT mediocre at Coachella last year. That was an inspired performance.

bigparade
01-23-2008, 12:12 AM
RHCP are hardly the same band as they were in 1993, but they
have soldiered on and become a fairly consistant radio pop band
with an affinity for singing about the state of California, and occasionally
when they play live, they are a neo-funk museum. These days,
I file them under "parody of our former selves" and still tap my toe
to that song from coneheads.

scottierock
01-23-2008, 12:37 AM
jack johnson is a homosexual

i got here late and couldn't agree more. Quite possibly the biggest let down and weakest headliner in the festival's history.
UNACCEPTABLE COACHELLA
like i'd pay $100 for the day and to see that guy headline.... pssssffffff see you saturday for portishead, hippies!

btw - peppers were par for coachella last year.

CoachellaFriendly
01-23-2008, 01:08 AM
When the time slots come out....Jack White and his rac's will close over Jack Johnson. If i'm not mistaken, RHCP didn't actually close the main stage last year...Tiesto did :) Marketing ploy my friends....marketing ploy

WaBnUt79
01-23-2008, 07:25 AM
yeah man....of all the crap bands/solo artists that could have been.....JACK JOHNSON!?!? come On!!! to go from RATM to this is just a slap to face to Coachella heads!!!

faxman75
01-23-2008, 07:29 AM
But they were NOT mediocre at Coachella last year. That was an inspired performance.

I wouldn't know. I was watching an inspired LCD Soundsystem set.

WaBnUt79
01-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Chili Peppers rock the house no matter where they play....Sux for you if you missed'em

optinotch
01-23-2008, 07:41 AM
Nah chilis were rubbish last year, we actually went and had quick snooze whilst they were!

jack johnson is alright early stuff is alot better but he should be on around 6ish you know when the sun is setting.

the verve would make much better headliners!!!!!

oh well i'm still gonna go im not gonna turn down a free ticket now am I ;)

roberto73
01-23-2008, 07:41 AM
You know, gang, to think that Jack Johnson in any way decreases the quality of this year's lineup is to completely ignore the wealth of really great bands farther down the poster. I don't like his music; I won't be there to watch his set. But I could have said the exact same thing for just about every other headliner every other year I've gone (and that's every year since '99, for those keeping score). As always, the quality of the festival lies in the small print, and that's what sets Coachella apart from its competition.

WaBnUt79
01-23-2008, 07:53 AM
You got a point Berto.....but peeps always want each night to end with a bang with the headliners...for the money they spent getting that douche Johnson....they might as well have had a freakin Polka band close the show!

luckyface
01-23-2008, 09:08 AM
While I do not like Jack Johnson's, I honestly feel the same way about him as I did about the Red Hot Chili Peppers last year. So this inclusion will not impact my experience at the festival - especially considering the fact that Fatboy Slim will probably be tearing up the Sahara at the same time. I truly feel that if he was on the 2nd line, we would not see any backlash at all about his presence at the festival. I think GV underestimated the disdain for JJ.

With that said, I think it's time for people to either come to terms with the fact he will be there (and you won't be seeing him) and you will still have a good time or just cut your losses and settle for a different festival this year. If you are in the latter group, there are plenty of message boards for the other festivals that you can use to rip on the lineup and Jack Johnson. It is played out here.

brassneck
01-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Jack Johnson is more indie than 99% of the artists that most of the haters on this thread would rather have in his place.

I think the problem is that people hear his music and think he's just another top 40 corporate radio creation (aka American Idol factory).

Learn alittle about him and I think you will be surprised at what he has done and what he stands for.

To me, Jack's songs and lifestyle personify the carefree, do what you want ideal that most people could only wish we for. Who wouldn't want to live in Hawaii, surf professionally, and play music on your own terms?

Maybe if he brought a big pyramid prop on stage, stood there and played samples, the Coachella message board faithful would embrace him?

paganman7
01-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Jack Johnson is more indie than 99% of the artists that most of the haters on this thread would rather have in his place.

I think the problem is that people hear his music and think he's just another top 40 corporate radio creation (aka American Idol factory).

Learn alittle about him and I think you will be surprised at what he has done and what he stands for.

To me, Jack's songs and lifestyle personify the carefree, do what you want ideal that most people could only wish we for. Who wouldn't want to live in Hawaii, surf professionally, and play music on your own terms?

Maybe if he brought a big pyramid prop on stage, stood there and played samples, the Coachella message board faithful would embrace him?

Although I disagree with you, and happen to dislike Jack Johnson's music IMMENSELY...you rock for standing your ground in the face of all of this irrational hate speech.

I hope you enjoy JJ's set, I truly do.

There's something intrinsically wrong with the world when Jack Johnson's approval rating is less than President Bush's.

nbvwes
01-23-2008, 10:04 AM
you know, if we had a better headliner on Friday, you'd all just end up missing Fatboy Slim... i'm glad that i won't have to make a tough decision...

electronicrevolution
01-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Although I'd like to knuckle puck Jack Johnson in the head with a spiked shovel as much as the next guy, the one(s) we should be setting a flame over this desecration are the idiots in charge of booking. They are the ones who somehow found it fitting to discuss headliners during an opium influenced circle jerk and come to a disgustingly obcsene agreement on Mr. Wack Johnson. Really I don't think there's else anything I need to say that the rest of you aren't already thinking, but I feel like we should start petitioning Coachella goers to boycot Johnson's set. If you have friends attending who are somewhat partial to his music, convince them that they've been tricked. Tell them that Jack Johnson is really Raffi and simply using a less pedafilesque alias.

Come one Coachella booking agency...Rage Against the Machine in '07, Jack Johnson in '08????? Who the fuck is in charge of this operation?

MonsoonSeason
01-23-2008, 10:36 AM
I think I've read so much hate pieces for jack johnson that I'm actually going to go see him now

I'll out-indie all you fucks by broin' out

GauchoGuy17
01-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Nah chilis were rubbish last year, we actually went and had quick snooze whilst they were!

You have to be fucking kidding. They were one of the best acts of the weekend. Their whole set was "jam-band-ized," with extended jams and solos and whatnot. Frusciante was definitely one of the top 3 guitarists present that weekend (definitely the best I saw, but I didn't catch everyone, so I won't make that claim).

I just can't see how anyone would honestly rate the Chilis as rubbish last year. You said you were sleeping. Maybe the only songs you were awake for were Otherside and Throw Away Your Television. If that's the case, I could maybe understand. Sucks you slept through the rest of the set though; it was pretty amazing.

F00FIGHTER20
01-23-2008, 10:44 AM
You have to be fucking kidding. They were one of the best acts of the weekend. Their whole set was "jam-band-ized," with extended jams and solos and whatnot. Frusciante was definitely one of the top 3 guitarists present that weekend (definitely the best I saw, but I didn't catch everyone, so I won't make that claim).

I just can't see how anyone would honestly rate the Chilis as rubbish last year. You said you were sleeping. Maybe the only songs you were awake for were Otherside and Throw Away Your Television. If that's the case, I could maybe understand. Sucks you slept through the rest of the set though; it was pretty amazing.

That is exactly the reason that i don't like them live.....The turn into a Jam-Band.......they circle up and start playing to each other basically.....not a fan of the jam.....

nbvwes
01-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Come one Coachella booking agency...Rage Against the Machine in '07, Jack Johnson in '08????? Who the fuck is in charge of this operation?

wow... comparing a friday headliner to arguably the headliner of the entire fest last year... nice. try comparing him to bjork or something, oh wait, it doesn't give as strong an argument? that's okay...

and wtf is a spiked shovel??

MonsoonSeason
01-23-2008, 10:50 AM
to be fair bjork is still better than jack johnson

GauchoGuy17
01-23-2008, 10:50 AM
wow... comparing a friday headliner to arguably the headliner of the entire fest last year... nice. try comparing him to bjork or something, oh wait, it doesn't give as strong an argument? that's okay...

Bjork is still heads and shoulders above Jack Johnson as far as headliners go.

Jack Johnson would be better compared to last year's subheadliners like The Arcade Fire, Interpol or Willie Nelson, and even then, the only one he could really stand up to is Interpol.

Basically, Jack Johnson would have been a 3rd tier caliber act last year, but this year he's a headliner.

phyrekraker
01-23-2008, 11:19 AM
um, jack johnson? seriously? sucks.

vogina
01-23-2008, 11:28 AM
for existing to take up a headlining spot. you will be boo'd as i walk out of the fields from another act!!

what the thread post originally is about. fuck you jack johnson for existing to take up a headlining spot. fuck you.

electronicrevolution
01-23-2008, 12:35 PM

and wtf is a spiked shovel??

I understand your point, rage is not the best comparison. However upon further review, I believe the only I act I feel comfortable comparing Jack Johnson to would probably be this hippie I saw outside of the gates with his acoustic guitar attempting to play something that sounded like an indie version of "big girls don't cry." As for what a spiked shovel is, picture a SHOVEL with SPIKES on it. If you're still confused I'll bring one to show you.

raconteurssuck
01-23-2008, 12:38 PM
wishing death is a little harsh. let's just hope for a mortal wound to his voice box...and his fingers.

raconteurssuck
01-23-2008, 12:39 PM
you bitch! how could you say that???

jokerfit
01-23-2008, 12:51 PM
FUCK JACK JOHNSON

god damn people stop changing the subject

MonsoonSeason
01-23-2008, 12:52 PM
jack johnson is the best headliner thus far

thedevious
01-23-2008, 12:52 PM

No, see we still wouldn't embrace him as that would be a massive rip off of Daft Punks' life changing 06 set. Don't know what gave you that moronic fucking idea.

Maybe you are just throwing sideways digs at Daft Punk? I'm sorry they don't play acoustic guitars in the pentatonic scale in a major key for 3 hour "jams". It's not like apple jack jism is doing anything new every night. He's just following the goddamn set list like most every other musician on the planet electronic, rock or other.

And I would NOT like to surf professionally in Hawaii and play music on my own or my labels terms. That shit ain't my scene, I would be in a major metropolitan area if I had my druthers.

I love Coachella and Saturday is one of the most amazing lineups ever, but fuck this surfing monkey.

MonsoonSeason
01-23-2008, 12:54 PM

absolutely

oh he has to play daft punk too

F00FIGHTER20
01-23-2008, 12:55 PM
you bitch! how could you say that???

your user name is a false statement

nationocean
01-23-2008, 12:59 PM
can you imagine it now... wearing sandals, a couple of bongos behind him. smells of reefer.. "Sure hope everyone is having a chill time tonight... uh this song is called Bubble Toes!"

Give me a fucking break people.

BARF

PassiveTheory
01-23-2008, 01:00 PM
I love Coachella and Saturday is one of the most amazing lineups ever, but fuck this surfing monkey.

Quoted for truth.

bobert
01-23-2008, 01:10 PM

I'd rate the Chili's set as rubish last year, but it wouldn't really be fair since I skipped it to go see LCD Soundsystem in the Sahara - which wound up being the best show I saw all weekend. Had someone else been headlining Saturday night I might have stayed to watch them and missed LCD's performance, which would have been tragic. I realize that most people are upset about the principle of Jack Johnson headlining, not the fact that they're missing out on a worthy Friday headliner. As someone pointed out above, Fatboy Slim will probably be tearing it up in the tent while JJ is on stage, so it's not like everyone's gonna have to call it an early night. I know that Jack Johnson's last album was the Curious George Soundtrack, and that even when he was at his best he was still pretty mediocre, but let's not taint Coachella's overwhelmingly positive vibe by wishing death and injury on the poor guy - or throwing shit at him while he performs. If there's anyone you should be upset with, its Paul Tollet. By launching the "All Points West Festival" he's clearly diluted his talent pool and stretched his finances, and it probably cost Coachella some headliners.

friggz81
01-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Bjork is still heads and shoulders above Jack Johnson as far as headliners go.

Jack Johnson would be better compared to last year's subheadliners like The Arcade Fire, Interpol or Willie Nelson, and even then, the only one he could really stand up to is Interpol.

Basically, Jack Johnson would have been a 3rd tier caliber act last year, but this year he's a headliner.
How in the world can you compare a great live band like the Arcade Fire to Jack fucking Johnson? You're an idiot, and Interpol still sucks. Why do people like them?!?

nationocean
01-23-2008, 01:16 PM
gee last i was thinking to myself RHCP or LCD Soundsystem... Do i even need to think? I'd rather rip my ears off than listen to RHCP in concert or on the radio etc.. Just an awful band.

sweet artie
01-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Jack Johnson this year... James Blunt in '06... WHAT IN THEE BLUE HELL IS GOING ON HERE???

nbvwes
01-23-2008, 01:36 PM
hehehe...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/Nbvwes/Pics/ntw/1jack1cupyp2copy.jpg

MonsoonSeason
01-23-2008, 01:38 PM
How in the world can you compare a great live band like the Arcade Fire to Jack fucking Johnson? You're an idiot, and Interpol still sucks. Why do people like them?!?

because we're all fucking idiots

fiopadp7791
01-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Guys don't hate on Jack Johnson. I'M WITH YA, I HATE THAT HE'S HEADLINING FRIDAY NIGHT, BUT DON'T HATE ON HIM. If you don't like him, don't go and see him. There will be a good act opposite of him.

I'm not the biggest fan of his music, but as a guy, who wouldn't wanna be him? Good looks, you play music that women drool over, you make millions, women probably drool over him regardless, and HE DIDN'T SEEK OUT COACHELLA. Coachella asked him, came to his doorstep with a dumptruck full of $$$, and said "ok, I'll play". So it's tough to blame the guy for bein there.

I'm with most of y'all, I hate that he's headlining a night. I don't mind him bein there, because James Blunt was there in '06. But as a headliner I hate it. But you know what I'm gonna do? Not see his set. So don't hate on him, just don't see him if you don't like him.

GauchoGuy17
01-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Read my post again. That's not what I said at all. I said that Jack Johnson wasn't even as good as last year's subheadliners like The Arcade Fire and Willie Nelson. I said that maybe he's as good as Interpol. I'm not really a fan of Interpol's one-note riffs and flat, monotone vocals. They have a few good songs, but their music is incredibly simplistic. At least Jack Johnson has some good chord progressions in his songs.

gee last i was thinking to myself RHCP or LCD Soundsystem... Do i even need to think? I'd rather rip my ears off than listen to RHCP in concert or on the radio etc.. Just an awful band.
I like them live because I like great musicians, and John Frusciante and Flea are two of the best musicians in the world.

mindcq
01-23-2008, 02:08 PM
i was supporting the hate but now i feel bad for the guy. i dont even think he knows what he may be getting into. lol

Hogrefe
01-23-2008, 02:54 PM

WTF???? Red Hot Chili Peppers completely destroy Jack Johnson!!!

You can't even compare them!

That's like comparing Alice in Chains to Jessica Simpson!

Hogrefe
01-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Read my post again. That's not what I said at all. I said that Jack Johnson wasn't even as good as last year's subheadliners like The Arcade Fire and Willie Nelson. I said that maybe he's as good as Interpol. I'm not really a fan of Interpol's one-note riffs and flat, monotone vocals. They have a few good songs, but their music is incredibly simplistic. At least Jack Johnson has some good chord progressions in his songs.

I like them live because I like great musicians, and John Frusciante and Flea are two of the best musicians in the world.

Completely agree

and why the fuck is Madness not headlining instead??

jenja
01-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Are you serious?

Yes. Very.

jenja
01-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Are you serious?

When the time slots come out....Jack White and his rac's will close over Jack Johnson. If i'm not mistaken, RHCP didn't actually close the main stage last year...Tiesto did :) Marketing ploy my friends....marketing ploy

True That. And it's a good thing Tiesto was able to save the night! :)

dont_believe_the_hype
01-23-2008, 06:51 PM
I came over to Coachella last year from England and was really looking forward to coming back this year but NO......... I now feel that Jack Johnson has taken my mum's best wooden spoon and removed my eyes from their sockets.
maybe if he had been place on the main stage mid afternoon on a sunday i MIGHT be able to understand that but as a headliner?
I know alot of people over here who were up for going but now have laughed at how weak the lineup is.

I'm heading for Bonnaroo...... whos coming?

coldstart
01-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Uh, there are other bands at Coachella too.

joppy-slow
01-23-2008, 07:33 PM
maybe he will play 'Mud Football' and tear the crowd up..
z7fM-CDnU8w
note: complete waste of a kick ass stage in sydney....

rocanlover
01-23-2008, 07:44 PM
It was definitely a bad choice for GV to select him as the headliner. I could see him playing Coachella. No doubt about that. But headlining?? Hmmm...not so sure Coachella will do so well selling tickets this year as last. I think the sad thing is that the whole selling to Mexico fans this year was probably better suited last year as I know many Mexican fans would have loved to see Rage.

What their sellin to people in Mexico? This bands are so not worth anyones peso....You are so right on the Rage thing!!.....
Oh and yeah the hell with Jack J. I would go just to see everyone throw their shoes and tomatoes at him jajaja that would be a total riot!!!!!

rocanlover
01-23-2008, 08:00 PM
I understand your point, rage is not the best comparison. However upon further review, I believe the only I act I feel comfortable comparing Jack Johnson to would probably be this hippie I saw outside of the gates with his acoustic guitar attempting to play something that sounded like an indie version of "big girls don't cry." As for what a spiked shovel is, picture a SHOVEL with SPIKES on it. If you're still confused I'll bring one to show you.

Dude you are so funny! This thread is making me laugh so hard!

Didnt know hate could bring so many people together in harmony hehe.
Poor JJ he should call in sick!!

darthlaker
01-23-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm going to where Jack Johnson casuals all day (they look comfy) and when JJ hits the stage, i'm walking over to the sahara and watching Fatboy Slim.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3117/jjcasuals1bz3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

MonsoonSeason
01-23-2008, 08:05 PM
jack johnson is going to be so awesome

he's the best ever

who are madness

Los Arroyo's
01-23-2008, 09:06 PM
First of all, just because Jack is advertised at the top of the poster art doesn't

really mean that he is in a true headlining spot, that choice is of Golden Voice.

Secondly, for all you mother-fuckers that diss Jack on the message board.....

You are all serious fucking cowards!!! Chances are mostly all of you don't

even know Jack or have ever met him, so shut your fucking mouths!!!

The dude may not be your favorite band and or musician, but he was given a

nice spot at the top because he deserves it! He's got a lot of fans all over the

world, unfortunately you are not one of them...... So, in closing all I want

to say to you assholes that don't respect Jack, FUCK YOU!!!!

If you got a fucking problem with me, then fucking post it, your name,

and where you want to meet on the polo field so I can kick your ass!!!!

All good, Los Arroyo's

rocanlover
01-23-2008, 09:17 PM

That Hippie is now known as...*insert drum roll*........ JacK Jhonson! hahahahahaha

corsair
01-23-2008, 09:22 PM
"Maybe if he brought a big pyramid prop on stage, stood there and played samples, the Coachella message board faithful would embrace him?"

for the person whom is trying to justify the use of stage props: i bet jack johnson is going to just take your money and run back to hawaii so he can
spend it all on wax for his board. say what you will about Daft Punk's or any
other electronic band's use of samples, though i am not the biggest fan of
electronica to begin with (though there are exceptions), at least they spent
their earnings on all of us. i can not think of any other artist/artists that was
completely willing to sacrifice a check in order to please and give it's audience
a show. say what you will about samples at least Daft is more creative and
has more passion for their fan-base than jack johnson and his bare-ass feet...

oh and daft punk played in '06 right? here we are two years later and we are
all still talking about it. come 1 am saturday morning no one will remember anything about jack johnson's set other than him sitting on the stage.

Wheres the beef?
01-23-2008, 09:37 PM
http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/1/23/ohaiguiseic128456265394531250.jpg

Dave Gravy
01-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Is JJ still getting his ass kicked in here?

Kali27
01-23-2008, 10:04 PM
If you don't want to see it, don't look.

If you don't want to hear it, don't listen.

Pretty simple.

No need for such negative thinking... and why are these vibes even allowed to exist on such a place as Coachella's own message board. What a harmless thing to go and get ones panties in a bundle over.

Isn't this supposed to be about bring EVERYONE together; every genre of music, every race, every religion, to share in the sheer love of life through art and music. I have been made to believe that, in general, this is the whole reason musicians play music.

I thought that Coachella was still one of those rare parts of a truer world that I could run away to for a few days from the film on the wall, the participation, no matter how joyous, in the sorrows of life. Though entire lifetimes may be lived in such brief moments, the blink of an eye brings forth for me such genuine being, such unquestionable and beautiful truth, that I begin to cry to have been given such a second...

But I digress.

I will continue to participate joyfully in the sorrows of the world, as Joseph Campbell says, because it is the road to happiness... at least for me.

kitt kat
01-23-2008, 10:27 PM
hehehe...

HAHAHAHAHAHA i wish i could sig this

man, when i found this out i had a vision of all the pot smoking soccer moms within a 350 mile radius driving their minivans to coachella

MonsoonSeason
01-23-2008, 10:55 PM
he has such a big jaw

it's impressive in its magnitude

Dave Gravy
01-23-2008, 10:59 PM
he has such a big jaw

It's from all the dick sucking.

unknowndrummer66
i hope verve plays during jack johnson

that way real coachellers can enjoy good music

MonsoonSeason
It's from all the dick sucking.

that would explain it

malomakaio--
01-23-2008, 11:15 PM
he has such a big jaw

i'm pretty sure he had a major surfing accident where his jaw was ripped off. that's why it's so huge. i'm not joking either.

i decided i have no problem with him or his music, even though i'm not into it so much. just the fact that they made him the headliner. is that the general consensus?

BrettShipes
01-23-2008, 11:37 PM
Alright. It's come to this.

I hereby present to you:
Jack Johnson Vs A Dorito

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/cafin8edpenguin/jjdor.gif

No, I really don't have anything better to do...

psycobetabuckdown
01-24-2008, 12:24 AM
i'm pretty sure he had a major surfing accident where his jaw was ripped off. that's why it's so huge. i'm not joking either.

i decided i have no problem with him or his music, even though i'm not into it so much. just the fact that they made him the headliner. is that the general consensus?

That's pretty much what I got from reading page 6 of this thread. People exaggerate shit so much on this board. Last year you would've sworn the Chili Peppers were the fucking Backstreet Boys with the reception they were getting. If only they knew Jack Johnson was gonna headline this year, they would've been on Flea's cock. Honestly, like others have said, Jack Johnson headlining doesn't mean Coachella's ruined. In fact, I hope it doesn't sell because of Jack, so it won't be so goddamn crowded this year. This would mean better Coachella for the longtime Coachella audience.

We all know The Verve would be in big bold letters if they had been a little bit bigger in their heyday.

hypervera
01-24-2008, 12:28 AM
First of all, just because Jack is advertised at the top of the poster art doesn't

really mean that he is in a true headlining spot, that choice is of Golden Voice.

nice spot at the top because he deserves it! He's got a lot of fans all over the

All good, Los Arroyo's

hahhah yeah jack johnson fucking sucks!! he doesnt deserve to be a headliner!

greghead
01-24-2008, 12:45 AM
You guys are all worthless sniveling indie bastards. Don't hate on Jack Johnson because he agreed to play a show; he's a musician, it's his job. I can't stand Jack Johnson, but I appreciate that fact that Goldenvoice changed direction. As much as I love NIN, Bauhaus, Radiohead, the Cure, etc, it is nice to see Coachella getting away from that goth-synth crap. While not a great choice for headliner, Coachella is about being different. If you don't like it, go watch somebody else, or do us all a favor and kill yourselves

darrocknroll
01-24-2008, 12:46 AM

All good, Los Arroyo's

Well you're right i've never met him in person. Have you?

PassiveTheory
01-24-2008, 12:47 AM
You guys are all worthless sniveling indie bastards. Don't hate on Jack Johnson because he agreed to play a show; he's a musician, it's his job. I can't stand Jack Johnson, but I appreciate that fact that Goldenvoice changed direction. As much as I love NIN, Bauhaus, Radiohead, the Cure, etc, it is nice to see Coachella getting away from that goth-synth crap. While not a great choice for headliner, Coachella is about being different. If you don't like it, go watch somebody else, or do us all a favor and kill yourselves

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x299/DASQUIRRELMASTA/wrestling/thHBK.gif

greghead
01-24-2008, 12:52 AM
hahahahaha, ah man, that shit's funny. But I can only assume you're insinuating that I'm a cocksucker because of my post? Faggy techno kid, isn't there a coffee bar you should be sitting, looking depressed?

psycobetabuckdown
01-24-2008, 12:53 AM

Is that when Shawn Michaels announces his endorsement of Mike Huckabee for president?

psycobetabuckdown
01-24-2008, 12:54 AM
hahahahaha, ah man, that shit's funny. But I can only assume you're insinuating that I'm a cocksucker because of my post? Faggy techno kid, isn't there a coffee bar you should be sitting, looking depressed?

Haha what the hell? I don't have a life either, but damn man. You're having too much fun.

PassiveTheory
01-24-2008, 12:55 AM
No it's because you're legitimately angry at the backlash against JJ.

Also, you're severely overlooking the fact that Coach hasn't booked high-profile goth act in over 2 years. So basically, you're point is irrelevant.

nbvwes
01-24-2008, 12:56 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA i wish i could sig this

man, when i found this out i had a vision of all the pot smoking soccer moms within a 350 mile radius driving their minivans to coachella

pot-smoking soccer moms?? "THAT'S HOT!" ... almost enough to make me go checkout his set... haha

greghead
01-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Who the hell is JJ? And what backlash are you referring to? Over two years? Apparently you forgot about Depressed Mode in '06.

trentmorrison
01-24-2008, 01:50 AM
jack johnson removed me from his friends list after i posted non-abusive post on his myspace. Just asking him politely to drop out of coachella.

psycobetabuckdown
01-24-2008, 03:45 AM
jack johnson removed me from his friends list after i posted non-abusive post on his myspace. Just asking him politely to drop out of coachella.

You're clearly not a friend of his; that would explain it.

aprillynnn
01-24-2008, 06:31 AM

loser! ;o]

paganman7
01-24-2008, 07:07 AM
This thread is fucking hilarious! I'm not down with the JJ hate, but some of the shit you guys come up with to defame and criticize him is just gold!

sbessiso
01-24-2008, 07:11 AM
i will never ever get sick of jack johnson bashing

brassneck
01-24-2008, 07:29 AM
I came over to Coachella last year from England and was really looking forward to coming back this year but NO......... I now feel that Jack Johnson has taken my mum's best wooden spoon and removed my eyes from their sockets.
maybe if he had been place on the main stage mid afternoon on a sunday i MIGHT be able to understand that but as a headliner?
I know alot of people over here who were up for going but now have laughed at how weak the lineup is.

I'm heading for Bonnaroo...... whos coming?

Brit wit is awesome! "Mum's best wooden spoon..." that's hillarious! But if you don't like Jack Johnson, you will absolutely hate the line-up at the jam band friendly Bonnaroo. Just stay on your island and go see a real music festival like Glastonbury or Reading. Of all the JJ-haters, you have the most festival options!

bliss209
01-24-2008, 07:36 AM
im really getting tired of everyone hating on Jack here. You should really be turning your attention and hatred towards GV and you guys know it.
If you REALLY feel they way you say you do about Fridays line up, then this year maybe you should buy individual daily tickets for sat and sun and do not purchase 3 day passes. That way you will force GV to feel the impact in numerous ways about that days line up.
Now given, you will have to sacrafice the rest of the days wonderful artists. But your point will be well taken instead of all of you throwing shit at jack Johnson and booing him during his performance. This is his job and thats what hes paid BY GV to do.(paid by the money YOU give them duh)

Honestly, I am actually considering buying only Friday and Sun tickets considering prices this year and Saturdays line up. I have seen the majority of those headliners...not really too interested in again. Yes, I know its been a while since Portishead has played live and the new cd is dropping soon, but if Portishead was playing with Tricky or they got the Wild Bunch back together, then THAT would kick ass!! I listened to them while I was in college, when they first came out, but Im not that into them. And everyone else I have qlready seen.ill miss Stephen Malkimus and Dwight Yokum(two awesome live performers), but i get the feeling saturday is more of a techno day and Im just not down for that this year.

GV is a staple of my concert and festival history. I have been going to a ton of their shows for years at El Ray and other places, so I have no problem with doing it again this year for coachella. But I am chosing what i want to see.

I cant wait to see Jack Johnson. I been to a few os his shows (1in Hawaii which honestly wasnt that great of a show) but the other ones were pretty good. Friday is gonna be a real nice relaxing night after traveling hours to get there for the show. It will be a nice change from a ton of punk kids screaming running around running into people knockin 'em over after rage played.

And Sunday is gonna kick ass! and for those of you who try to fight it when you hear the sounds of Roger Waters and see the SET UP this performer tours with........your not gonna win. You can bitch all you want, but I know once you guys see the set up, youll come runnin! I saw him preform when he came through last year and in 2006 and its pretty awesome! I cant wait to see how it is in the desert night sky and scenery around the polo fields.

SO get it right kids and stop hating on JJ........ focus your attention to the correct people.

(thank you ...... you may now return to you regualary scheduled program)

Dave Gravy
01-24-2008, 09:24 AM
im really getting tired of everyone hating on Jack here. You should really be turning your attention and hatred towards GV and you guys know it.
If you REALLY feel they way you say you do about Fridays line up, then this year maybe you should buy individual daily tickets for sat and sun and do not purchase 3 day passes. That way you will force GV to feel the impact in numerous ways about that days line up.
Now given, you will have to sacrafice the rest of the days wonderful artists. But your point will be well taken instead of all of you throwing shit at jack Johnson and booing him during his performance. This is his job and thats what hes paid BY GV to do.(paid by the money YOU give them duh)

Honestly, I am actually considering buying only Friday and Sun tickets considering prices this year and Saturdays line up. I have seen the majority of those headliners...not really too interested in again. Yes, I know its been a while since Portishead has played live and the new cd is dropping soon, but if Portishead was playing with Tricky or they got the Wild Bunch back together, then THAT would kick ass!! I listened to them while I was in college, when they first came out, but Im not that into them. And everyone else I have qlready seen.ill miss Stephen Malkimus and Dwight Yokum(two awesome live performers), but i get the feeling saturday is more of a techno day and Im just not down for that this year.

GV is a staple of my concert and festival history. I have been going to a ton of their shows for years at El Ray and other places, so I have no problem with doing it again this year for coachella. But I am chosing what i want to see.

I cant wait to see Jack Johnson. I been to a few os his shows (1in Hawaii which honestly wasnt that great of a show) but the other ones were pretty good. Friday is gonna be a real nice relaxing night after traveling hours to get there for the show. It will be a nice change from a ton of punk kids screaming running around running into people knockin 'em over after rage played.

And Sunday is gonna kick ass! and for those of you who try to fight it when you hear the sounds of Roger Waters and see the SET UP this performer tours with........your not gonna win. You can bitch all you want, but I know once you guys see the set up, youll come runnin! I saw him preform when he came through last year and in 2006 and its pretty awesome! I cant wait to see how it is in the desert night sky and scenery around the polo fields.

SO get it right kids and stop hating on JJ........ focus your attention to the correct people.

The hate is gonna continue no matter what. If you don't like it, oh well.....

nationocean
01-24-2008, 09:40 AM
i think CoachellaFriendly is jack johnson. he kinda sounds butt hurt over all these posts. lol

PierogiHead
01-24-2008, 10:27 AM
I just think its humorous in a twisted way how if you read Bonnaroo's message board regarding line-up requests, a lot of people are like, "WE WANT JACK JOHNSON!" You just want to scream out, "You can have him!" Its too bad a festival that actually wants the guy probably won't get him due to something in the Coachella contract that says he can't play -- A slight win for Goldenvoice. I emphasize "slight" here...

luckyface
01-24-2008, 10:40 AM
I just think its humorous in a twisted way how if you read Bonnaroo's message board regarding line-up requests, a lot of people are like, "WE WANT JACK JOHNSON!" You just want to scream out, "You can have him!" Its too bad a festival that actually wants the guy probably won't get him due to something in the Coachella contract that says he can't play -- A slight win for Goldenvoice. I emphasize "slight" here...

I think you might have stumbled upon the reasoning JJ was booked. The Roo has been tapping into Coachella-type bands the past few years, so GV is returning the favor. Maybe they are trying to bring the Bonaroo audience to California.

GnarVee
01-24-2008, 10:45 AM
how in the fuck is jack johnson fitting in the MAIN STAGE..........HE BELONGS IN THE GOBI.....

nationocean
01-24-2008, 10:45 AM
I think you might have stumbled upon the reasoning JJ was booked. The Roo has been tapping into Coachella-type bands the past few years, so GV is returning the favor. Maybe they are trying to bring the Bonaroo audience to California.

right like all coachella goers need is a bunch of mid-west late bloomers who LOVE jack johnson to come to our festival..

they can stay at their own goddamn festival.. don't they rape women there by the porta johns like woodstock anyway?

PierogiHead
01-24-2008, 11:33 AM

Precisely, and you have to admit -- If Jack Johnson's music is your cup of tea, Friday probably looks prime to you: Slightly Stoopid, John Butler Trio, Rogue Wave (Who are also on Jack Johnson's record label) and I would even go as far to say that you might see some JJ-esque fans at Vampire Weekend, seeing they have that afro-beat sound.

PersonalJesus28
01-24-2008, 11:38 AM
look at it this way we'll all be falling asleep to his Hawian Melodies at 10a.m. on Friday. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Must I Always be waiting waiting on youZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Koosa
01-24-2008, 11:42 AM
I hate Jack Johnson.
I love Coachella.

Jack Johnson brings women
I love Coachella

Jack Johnson brings frat faggots
I love coachella

Jack Johnson brings pot
I love Coachella

Jack Johnson plays main stage
I love Coachella

Sahara Tent.
I love Coachella

J~$$$
01-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Hey jack johnson I love you.

can I score some vip tixs from you?

GauchoGuy17
01-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Precisely, and you have to admit -- If Jack Johnson's music is your cup of tea, Friday probably looks prime to you: Slightly Stoopid, John Butler Trio, Rogue Wave (Who are also on Jack Johnson's record label) and I would even go as far to say that you might see some JJ-esque fans at Vampire Weekend, seeing they have that afro-beat sound.

Rogue Wave and Vampire Weekend didn't really impress me when I listened to their albums recently. Say what you want about Jack Johnson, at least his melodies are interesting.

vogina
01-24-2008, 02:06 PM

i hate jack johnson for existing in taking a headlining spot at coachella 08.

don't hate coachella:hate jack johnson

lostsoul86
01-24-2008, 02:18 PM

no WAY i call bullshit on that i dont belive it lol

Rod Barajas
01-24-2008, 02:22 PM
pot-smoking soccer moms?? "THAT'S HOT!" ... almost enough to make me go checkout his set... haha

MILFS? Did some say MILFS? Pot Smoking MILFS?

I am so fucking there!

Dave Gravy
01-24-2008, 06:03 PM

Man, that's a huge imaginary cock that Sean Michaels is smoking!

vogina
01-25-2008, 01:59 AM

i dont know who he is, but thats funny shit

nbvwes
01-25-2008, 02:34 AM

yeah... it's Vince's...

nbvwes
01-25-2008, 02:38 AM
oh, and Depeche Mode > Jack Johnson, so fuck you

and we ain't gonna hate on GV, they're down... but we ARE gonna hate on JJ in hopes of strongarmming GV into beefing up the lineup (although it appears they already have plans for Sunday)...

plus, GV must LOVE JJ, they already had him attached as headlining a day at APW (the other being Radiohead), so...

BillyCrystal
01-25-2008, 05:43 PM
I agree that Jack J. is totally weak, but he's not the reason the lineup is no good...he's more of a symbol of the fact that it's no good. he played coachella in 2003 and it didn't bother anyone because the rest of the lineup was solid...basically, the lineup is just weak overall, and he's the most glaring example of it's weakness.

rocanlover
01-25-2008, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE]oh, and Depeche Mode > Jack Johnson, so fuck you
QUOTE]

SOOO True!

Truta
01-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Did you guys notice that the treads from the forum show up on the Google Results, if you search for "Fuck You Jack Johnson", this tread is #1, hehehehe

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGIH_enUS221US221&q=Fuck+You+Jack+Johnson

electronicrevolution
01-25-2008, 07:29 PM

hahahaha! What a duche bag he is.

quityourbitchin
01-25-2008, 10:45 PM
YOU ALL NEED TO GET A LIFE. AT LEAST WE DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH ALL THE FIGHTING ANGRY DRUNKS LIKE LAST YEAR.... IF YOU ARE A TRUE COACHELLA FAN THEN GO, SHOW RESPECT, AND SEE A DIFFERENT SHOW, DUMBASSES! JACK JOHNSON IS AN AMAZING MUSICIAN AND HUMANITARIAN.

everlay
01-25-2008, 10:57 PM
mainstage headliner friday:

jack's johnson

headin' over...

everlay
01-25-2008, 11:27 PM
no seriously could be the feel good event this year

meat curtains
01-25-2008, 11:50 PM
jack johnson is a johnson...

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m71/nathan_Clarke/jackjohnson.jpg
WHAT IS THIS SHIT? LULLABIES?

i find his presence as a headliner personally insulting ... what's next? fucking john mayer, mandy moore, that natasha beddingwhatever, the high school musical kids, paris fucking hilton? There's no limit to how bad it can get now...pandoras box of crap has been opened and it will never be the same...i can see it already...coachella 2009 headliners will probably be the brooke hogan, miley ray cyrus, and that dude that is alan thicke's son...

...and i know that the headliners are not everything but seeing this johnson at the top of the 2008 poster just pisses me off and taints everything below it a bit...i cant help it, i am irrrked...his shit music is sooo 'blah'...i just dont get the appeal

you are motherfuckingcoachella for fucks sake, act like it! please do the right thing and cut him from the list! cut him off, cut him off, cut him off

i'd rather fuck a donkey that have to listen to this johnson

alright i got it out of my system...i will mention this johnson no more, but if i see someone walking around with a johnson shirt on the grounds, i am going to be giving them shit for it

(shake it off, shake it off)

Sonicifyouwantit
01-26-2008, 01:02 AM
jack johnson is a johnson...

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m71/nathan_Clarke/jackjohnson.jpg
WHAT IS THIS SHIT? LULLABIES?

i find his presence as a headliner personally insulting ... what's next? fucking john mayer, mandy moore, that natasha beddingwhatever, the high school musical kids, paris fucking hilton? There's no limit to how bad it can get now...pandoras box of crap has been opened and it will never be the same...i can see it already...coachella 2009 headliners will probably be the brooke hogan, miley ray cyrus, and that dude that is alan thicke's son...

...and i know that the headliners are not everything but seeing this johnson at the top of the 2008 poster just pisses me off and taints everything below it a bit...i cant help it, i am irrrked...his shit music is sooo 'blah'...i just dont get the appeal

you are motherfuckingcoachella for fucks sake, act like it! please do the right thing and cut him from the list! cut him off, cut him off, cut him off

i'd rather fuck a donkey that have to listen to this johnson

alright i got it out of my system...i will mention this johnson no more, but if i see someone walking around with a johnson shirt on the grounds, i am going to be giving them shit for it

(shake it off, shake it off)

Its good that you have a healthy vent, nothing wrong with that...what scares me though; are people going to just harp on this for the next three months making the rest of us feel like we are surrounded by very depressing and negative people or can we move on and enjoy what we have left?

again good about the venting and im not mentioning you specifically in my worries just about others that may in 2 months post a "dude, jack johnson? are you kidding me??" post...by then it'll be quite old.

vogina
01-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Its good that you have a healthy vent, nothing wrong with that...what scares me though; are people going to just harp on this for the next three months making the rest of us feel like we are surrounded by very depressing and negative people or can we move on and enjoy what we have left?

again good about the venting and im not mentioning you specifically in my worries just about others that may in 2 months post a "dude, jack johnson? are you kidding me??" post...by then it'll be quite old.

i love coachella!

fuck you jack johnson!

donkey sex
01-26-2008, 01:04 PM
I heard Jack from Lost might be joining Jack Johnson for a duet. How sweet would that be? Brooo!!!

I may cut my hair way down and rush the stage during his performance.

quityourbitchin
01-26-2008, 01:46 PM
HELLO IDIOTS HE HAS MORE THAN ONE ALBUM, MAYBE YOU SHOULD LISTEN IT MIGHT CHANGE YOUR NEGATIVE ENERGY

AND GIVE ME A BREAK ABOUT HARASSING HIS FANS, GROW UP!

PassiveTheory
01-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Caps Lock isn't your friend.

hypervera
01-26-2008, 02:04 PM
HELLO IDIOTS HE HAS MORE THAN ONE ALBUM, MAYBE YOU SHOULD LISTEN IT MIGHT CHANGE YOUR NEGATIVE ENERGY

jack johnson sucks as a headliner!!! and even more when coachella still have bigger bands to get as headliners like REM and Pearl Jam

vogina
01-27-2008, 03:45 AM

"your breaking my balls here"

trentmorrison
01-27-2008, 04:45 AM
would rather see a milli vanilli reunion, prop up the casket of vanilli on stage.

mvanwinkle
01-27-2008, 04:47 AM
this thread needs to die.

gaypalmsprings
01-27-2008, 06:29 AM

Not until JJ is replaced by some talent

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-27-2008, 07:35 AM
wow...lots of JJ hate here.....not that I'm surprised...

betao
01-27-2008, 07:42 AM
i really really hope that, for the sake of a person's self-esteem, jack johnson NEVER checks these boards.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-27-2008, 08:29 AM
i really really hope that, for the sake of a person's self-esteem, jack johnson NEVER checks these boards.

and what if he does?

HBsuperfly
01-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Life is to short to be HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you're not down with the line up, stay home.

nbvwes
01-27-2008, 11:30 AM

yeah... we know. but i've listened to alot of his other stuff and it sux... if it wasn't for the chicks i'm going with, i'd be missing his set (and i still will if there's a conflict with a decent act)

vogina
01-27-2008, 12:23 PM
YOU ALL NEED TO GET A LIFE. AT LEAST WE DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH ALL THE FIGHTING ANGRY DRUNKS LIKE LAST YEAR.... IF YOU ARE A TRUE COACHELLA FAN THEN GO, SHOW RESPECT, AND SEE A DIFFERENT SHOW, DUMBASSES! JACK JOHNSON IS AN AMAZING MUSICIAN AND HUMANITARIAN.
you only deal with people like that when you encounter people like that...don't like drunks, don't go to the beer garden, don't go to coachella, don't live....

"your breaking my balls"

lets hope you never become a famous musician because by that comment you might take things a lil bit to heart, like our friend from nirvana-oooh i'm rich, but sad..im going to kill myself

Life is to short to be HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you're not down with the line up, stay home.
lineup awesome. jack johnson for existing in taking a headlining spot, unbelievable

yeah... we know. but i've listened to alot of his other stuff and it sux... if it wasn't for the chicks i'm going with, i'd be missing his set (and i still will if there's a conflict with a decent act)
bail on the chicks.. do they have you by the balls

Hightide148
01-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Man you guys are stupid. Jack Johnson is so DOPE!! BUT I think he should be playin at sun set, that would be more his style. Dont hate on him though he is a great musician.

jonnypark
01-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Man you guys are stupid. Jack Johnson is so DOPE!! BUT I think he should be playin at sun set, that would be more his style. Dont hate on him though he is a great musician.
Well this changes everything. Guys everybody was wrong, Jack Johnson is good after all. How did we not see the errors in our ways...thanks for clearing this up for us, thank you thank you thank you

RODGERRAMJET
01-27-2008, 04:04 PM
I have nothing against Jack Johnson personally, but his music makes me feel old. I don't need any help in that department.

fiopadp7791
01-27-2008, 04:06 PM
He sucks, but don't hate on him. If I were him, and a promoter of a major music fest came up to me with a boat-load of $$$, I'd say "yes" too. It's not like "JJ" sought out Coachella...

So just don't go watch him. For me, and I think for a lot of you guys, he falls under this category... whether you wanna admit it or not:

"All the girls wanna be with him, all the guys wanna be like him".

I'd make shit music if I could get insanely hot girls, and make a ton of $$$. Wheter you guys wanna admit it or not, most of you agree.

jonnypark
01-27-2008, 04:11 PM
I actually don't think he is getting paid a lot for this. My mathamatically deduced hypothesis is that his handlers offered him at a low price provided he get the headlining spot thus giving him some "cred" and good press. I think a lot of confused pre teenagers will pick him up when hearing he is headlining Coachella, provided they don't know this board exsists.

boarderwoozel3
01-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Sounds right to me. There is no way GV paid top dollar for this guy. They might have run low on money for another big headliner due to splitting funds with All Points West...

jonnypark
01-27-2008, 04:26 PM
I think he is very likely to make up what he doesn't get for playing in increased record sales.

RODGERRAMJET
01-27-2008, 05:22 PM
He sucks, but don't hate on him. If I were him, and a promoter of a major music fest came up to me with a boat-load of $$$, I'd say "yes" too. It's not like "JJ" sought out Coachella...

So just don't go watch him. For me, and I think for a lot of you guys, he falls under this category... whether you wanna admit it or not:

"All the girls wanna be with him, all the guys wanna be like him".

I'd make shit music if I could get insanely hot girls, and make a ton of $$$. Wheter you guys wanna admit it or not, most of you agree.

Unless J.J. has a ten inch dong, I wouldn't wanna be like him. Case closed.

fiopadp7791
01-27-2008, 05:25 PM
I actually don't think he is getting paid a lot for this. My mathamatically deduced hypothesis is that his handlers offered him at a low price provided he get the headlining spot thus giving him some "cred" and good press. I think a lot of confused pre teenagers will pick him up when hearing he is headlining Coachella, provided they don't know this board exsists.

I disagree... He's established. He has a core group of fans. He appeals to a "top-40" audience. He's not "U2" popular, but I'm assuming his fan-base is pretty strong. He's taking the dough and doing the gig. I don't think he's looking for exposure, because he's already got it.

RODGERRAMJET
01-27-2008, 05:31 PM
The last time I saw an act--literally--booed off the stage was in 1974, or maybe it was 1975, and Bruce Springsteen opened (solo) for Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show & Jo Jo Gunne. The audience that night was definately into some high-energy rock, and not some "hippie" seated on a bar stool with a single spotlight and a guitar. (Jo Jo Gunne was riding on their hit, "Run Run Run" and Dr. Hook was on the buzz with "Sylvia's Mother" and "Carry Me, Carrie" and 'The Cover of the Rolling Stone".) Springsteen lasted about 10 minutes, said, "F--k you" and left the stage--to everybody's pleasure. I think the same thing is gonna happen with Jack Johnson. Seriously. I think the "cat calls" and "booing" and "heckling" will be more than he can handle from a Coachella crowd. It will be pure comedy. It will be pure entertainment. Anybody got any rotten tomatoes?

traviscanada
01-27-2008, 06:42 PM

I do not know how much I trust your "Mathamatical" deductions.............

northstar
01-27-2008, 09:38 PM
this is great, 88 more days to hate on Jack Johnson

millions of albums sold worldwide, a pro surf career, film production and a huge crib in Hawaii. what a loser huh??

there will be plenty of room elsewhere on the polo grounds Friday night for all envious pessimist. I guarantee those who have not heard him live or heard him before will enjoy the show.

gaypalmsprings
01-27-2008, 09:42 PM
I disagree... He's established. He has a core group of fans. He appeals to a "top-40" audience.

Can you name all of his top 40 hits on one finger?