PDA

View Full Version : i thinks Jack Jonhson is not the real Headliner...

Proadict
01-21-2008, 07:42 PM
i think he's open for The Verve

el chango
01-21-2008, 07:43 PM
i think he's open for The Verve
Then why is he listed ABOVE The Verve??

kroqken
01-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Jack Johnson placates the people who listen to "hot adult contemporary" radio stations, like KYSR in Los Angeles. Jack Johnson is not quite as wimpy as James BLunt, even though BLunt sung a Pixies cover.

DHARMA2112
01-21-2008, 07:46 PM
I think you're wrong.

If you listened to the press conference today, he was very clear that Johnson WAS the headliner, and that he respected the guy a lot.

KatieLyn
01-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Then why is he listed ABOVE The Verve??

Weren't the peppers listed above Tiesto? Tiesto played after them, closing off the night.

Westy
01-21-2008, 07:47 PM
The Verve would be a good sunset band on the main stage. I really like The Verve but they're not headline material. The outdoor stage definately.

kroqken
01-21-2008, 07:48 PM
I still wish R.E.M. was headlining instead of Jack Johnson.

el chango
01-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Proadict your signature is amazing... I'm missing school Thursday,Friday and Monday for Coachella... and I'm the assistant director!!

paulb
01-21-2008, 07:49 PM
JJ it is....but we do need Sahara headliners added to Friday and Saturday....and SUNDAY!.... just give us CHemical Bros, Prodigy and Underworld...

el chango
01-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Weren't the peppers listed above Tiesto? Tiesto played after them, closing off the night.
Touche... you totally got me there... anyway I don't see that happening

el chango
01-21-2008, 07:51 PM
JJ it is....but we do need Sahara headliners added to Friday and Saturday....and SUNDAY!.... just give us CHemical Bros, Prodigy and Underworld...
C'mon! Kraftwerk is a pretty solid Sahara headliner, we just need one for Friday and one for Sunday

Somewhat Damaged
01-21-2008, 07:52 PM

Friday is Fatboy Slim, Saturday is Sasha and Digweed, Sunday is Justice (as far as I can tell). I agree that Chems, Underworld, and/or Prodigy need to be there, but I'm really stoked about Kraftwerk, especially if they finish off the main stage after Portishead.

I wonder if JJ is headlining 'cause he and Paul are secret gay lovers?

el chango
01-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Friday is Fatboy Slim, Saturday is Sasha and Digweed, Sunday is Justice (as far as I can tell). A Waters/Justice schedule conflict would totally kill me...

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Kraftwerk is playing MAIN STAGE people. Paul said so himself today.

I assume they will close the night. Portishead will play before them. Just like last years saturday with RHCP and Tiesto.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-21-2008, 07:59 PM
A Waters/Justice schedule conflict would totally kill me...

I think, if they add a big electronics act (like chem bros), they would play sunday, cause the biggest act for sunday is Justice, and as much as I love them, they can't close the Sahara.

uniform72
01-21-2008, 08:09 PM
even though BLunt sung a Pixies cover.

Oh c'mon... even if this was true I would live in denial.

uniform72
01-21-2008, 08:09 PM
But seriously, a lot of people are really down on Jack Johnson this year. Apparently these people have not done peyote and listened to the Curious George soundtrack.

Boourns
01-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Jack Johnson placates the people who listen to "hot adult contemporary" radio stations, like KYSR in Los Angeles. Jack Johnson is not quite as wimpy as James BLunt, even though BLunt sung a Pixies cover.

Totally. The problem is hot adult contemporary listeners aren't the kind of serious music fans that would spend hundreds/thousands of dollars risking illness, injury, and death to see the two bands they know and the likes of Dan Deacon. Oops.

microcuts
01-21-2008, 08:12 PM
If peyote makes Jack Johnson sound even remotely good, then keep me the hell away from that shit.

uniform72
01-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Kraftwerk is playing MAIN STAGE people. Paul said so himself today.

I assume they will close the night. Portishead will play before them. Just like last years saturday with RHCP and Tiesto.

Good eye, good eye!

Proadict
01-21-2008, 08:15 PM
But seriously, a lot of people are really down on Jack Johnson this year. Apparently these people have not done peyote and listened to the Curious George soundtrack.

hahahaha!

el chango
01-21-2008, 08:15 PM
risking illness, injury, and death to see the two bands they know and the likes of Dan Deacon. Oops.
Death??? C'mon, it's Coachella not a freakin' safari. Speaking of that, I'd better stay away of that Safari Tent area (or whatever it's called), I heard there will be lions in there...

thepoetblue
01-22-2008, 02:22 PM
The real friday headliner will be David Gilmour playing "About Face" live and all you suckas will be happy motherf&*^ers at that point.