PDA

View Full Version : My Morning Jacket is listed way to high...

el chango
01-21-2008, 07:18 PM
I mean, how the hell did they get that spot? a 2nd tier??
We have The Verve, Raconteurs, Kraftwerk and.... My Morning Jacket?? that doesn't make any sense. Sunday is really missing another subheadliner.

MMJ were in the 4th row of the lineup in 06 and now they are almost in the same spot bands like Bauhaus, New Order, Air, Flaming Lips, Pixies (!!), Blur, Ben Harper, Underworld, Daft Punk (!!), Massive Attack, etc. had in previous years... someone messed up there...

I'm still going, I even have the plane tickets but I'm really dissapointed. GV should call Wayne Coyne and have The Flaming Lips play, that would cheer me up.

orbit
01-21-2008, 07:20 PM
I think they have a good manager.

karecares
01-21-2008, 07:22 PM
its also early, i'm sure the additions will change the spots

woogie846
01-21-2008, 07:25 PM
I wouldn't say that coofal, adds seem very likely with those big blank spaces on the poster.

el chango
01-21-2008, 07:28 PM
I wouldn't say that coofal, adds seem very likely with those big blank spaces on the poster.
I think those are there so we can admire the new poster design... it's pretty cool actually.

Westy
01-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Death Cab for Cutie are also way to high on the list.

Parenthetical Boy
01-21-2008, 07:30 PM
That'd be so tight if the Flaming Lips played they are amazingness personified.

el chango
01-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Death Cab for Cutie are also way to high on the list.

Yep, they are, you're totally right. Maybe they have the same manager as MMJ.

ShyGuy75
01-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Because Jim James shreds. No, he really does.

6Khc90CsFpc

psychic friend
01-26-2008, 10:33 AM
doh

SecretPrescription
01-26-2008, 10:36 AM
give a good listen to "z", they are fucking incredible

thelastgreatman
01-26-2008, 10:38 AM
If MMJ covered that "meh-nah-mena" song from The Muppet Show I'd suck Jim James's cock.

PassiveTheory
01-26-2008, 10:39 AM
I think it's funny that you're taking shots at MMJ and DCfC when a band with only one album's worth of material is a sub-headliner along side them.

The Raconteurs.

kreutz2112
01-26-2008, 10:41 AM
the problem with DCFC and MMJ is neither of them have Jack White.

thelastgreatman
01-26-2008, 10:48 AM
The Raconteurs will have two albums out by Coachella, and also kinda slay live. I'd rather see them then The White Stripes. Didn't they fucking wreck shit at Lolla? That's what I read anyway.

greghead
01-26-2008, 03:19 PM
We have The Verve, Raconteurs, Kraftwerk and.... My Morning Jacket?? that doesn't make any sense. Sunday is really missing another subheadliner.

MMJ were in the 4th row of the lineup in 06 and now they are almost in the same spot bands like Bauhaus, New Order, Air, Flaming Lips, Pixies (!!), Blur, Ben Harper, Underworld, Daft Punk (!!), Massive Attack, etc. had in previous years... someone messed up there...

I'm still going, I even have the plane tickets but I'm really dissapointed. GV should call Wayne Coyne and have The Flaming Lips play, that would cheer me up.

MMJ is incredible live; but I think you're reading into the poster a little too much, set times are almost never in conjunction with the order on the poster. But MMJ should play at night, their music comes across better in the dark.

JSam67
01-26-2008, 03:21 PM
The Raconteurs will have two albums out by Coachella, and also kinda slay live. I'd rather see them then The White Stripes. Didn't they fucking wreck shit at Lolla? That's what I read anyway.

Indeed they did. They were my personal favorite performance of that weekend.

JSam67
01-26-2008, 03:22 PM
And I should add, that going into that weekend, I had never heard a song other than "Steady as She Goes" a couple times, and knew nothing more than Jack White was in it. They owned.

pandaroo
01-26-2008, 09:05 PM

other than Waters, EVERYONE is listed way to high

jonnypark
01-26-2008, 09:45 PM
My Morning Jacket = Warped Tour

boarderwoozel3
01-26-2008, 09:48 PM
not warped tour but not 2nd teir on sunday

gratytrainridesagain
01-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Warped tour is more so Flogging Molly and Gogol Bordello. MMJ=Bonnaroo

el chango
01-27-2008, 10:48 AM
other than Waters, EVERYONE is listed way to high

C'mon, it's not that bad, at least The Verve and Kraftwerk are well placed!

Jakewc151
01-27-2008, 12:34 PM
MMJ is listed to low IMO..They closed out bonnaroo right before radiohead in 06. great band indeed.

humanoid
01-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Yup, MMJ is too high and too boring for my taste. Just like last year, no huge adds will happen. arrrrgh

last year they didn't need to add anything as a ton of the tickets sold out quickly.....

this year, it seems more reasonable to think they may add something...but I'm still not predicting any blockbuster additions....I've been surprised before though

pandaroo
01-27-2008, 12:50 PM
C'mon, it's not that bad, at least The Verve and Kraftwerk are well placed!

touche

Jonny
01-27-2008, 01:15 PM
MMJ kills.

Maybe you guys will dig Jack Johnson, brahs.

menikmati
01-27-2008, 01:18 PM
DCFC is not listed too high. Sorry.

Alchemy
01-27-2008, 01:25 PM
MMJ is alright. I've been listening to Z. I would think that Justice would be in MMJ's place though, just because they are spreading like a virus these days. It seems like they'd be a more recognizable name. Either way, Broken Social Scene and Doves are going to drop MMJ out of the 2nd tier in a few months. Actually... I am thinking Doves should knock down MMJ and Broken Social Scene should knock down Death Cab for Cutie. Also... Feist needs to be thrown in there somewhere.

nationocean
01-27-2008, 03:40 PM
so realz. mmj, verve, jack johnson, jack white's side project, dcfc.. all equal one big slap in the face.. what a joke GV, srsly.

just saying..

faxman75
01-27-2008, 03:48 PM
MMJ is alright. I've been listening to Z. I would think that Justice would be in MMJ's place though, just because they are spreading like a virus these days.

Justice....don't believe the hype....

Memorial_07
01-27-2008, 08:02 PM
They do look a little bit out of place that high up.
And so does Love & Rockets

F00FIGHTER20
01-27-2008, 08:12 PM
agreed that My Morning Jacket is boring... but i saw them before "Z" came out..........

also, saw the Raconteurs at V-Fest, Toronto......it'll be a tough decision if they are playing the same time as the verve......

el chango
01-28-2008, 05:44 AM
Guess I'll have to go and buy Z. I started this thread for what I saw in 06, when they played the Outdoor Theatre. Everybody is saying amazing things about Z, so I'll buy today and see if I'm wrong and they deserve that spot.

JSam67
01-28-2008, 06:01 AM
MMJ is really solid live, and their vibe will resonate better at night I think. They're a great American rock band, what's not to like? If "Z" doesn't do it for you (though it should), their live CD/DVD "Okonokos" is crazy good. And because I don't think it's posted in this thread yet, here's an epic vid of "Gideon" off of Letterman.

AjLFG0i2_AE

TomAz
01-28-2008, 07:00 AM
MMJ > BSS

MMJ >>>> Doves

ryan97ou
01-28-2008, 07:43 AM
MMJ sold out Radio City Music Hall in 22 minutes. I think they are bigger than people realize. and for the record when they played in 06' they had all 3 records out: Z, It Still Moves, and At Dawn.

Just sayin'.

I can't wait for them.

Jonny
01-28-2008, 08:50 AM

lol

Warped Tour '08 > Coachella '08
Jack Johnson still loves you.

nationocean
01-28-2008, 01:32 PM
MMJ sold out Radio City Music Hall in 22 minutes. I think they are bigger than people realize. and for the record when they played in 06' they had all 3 records out: Z, It Still Moves, and At Dawn.

Just sayin'.

I can't wait for them.

god damned tourists.. radio city music hall ALWAYS sells out. it means nothing.

some day i will come to terms with my hate for mmj. those wankers.

celisnet
01-28-2008, 02:05 PM
MMJ are great, Z is one of the best albums of recent years and they are also one of the best live acts.

And everyone in the poster are very high except for Waters.

beavington
01-28-2008, 02:19 PM

MMJ is pretty big. They got a huge following. I wonder what you think should take their place and I bet it is safe to say its going to be pretty delusional

PotVsKtl
01-28-2008, 02:19 PM
My Morning Jacket played against Wilco at ACL and drew a huge crowd. They also happen to have been opening for Bob Dylan at the time. Just because you glittards want to candyflip to subpar French house doesn't mean real people don't still like rock music.

Rainie
01-28-2008, 02:20 PM
I guess everyone has a right to their opinon.. and mine is MMJ ROCK.. pretty much sold the whole event for me.

damagecase
01-28-2008, 03:17 PM
My Morning Jacket seem to have a pretty large following, normally playing the 2-3000 seat venues since Z came out. They also happen to be one of the best bands of the last 10 years and arguably the best live band around. I understand there's a lot of great live acts out there, but there one of a few bands that I've seen where people were walking out in almost disbelief at how great they were.

el chango
01-28-2008, 03:17 PM
MMJ is pretty big. They got a huge following. I wonder what you think should take their place and I bet it is safe to say its going to be pretty delusional

I was kinda hoping for Flaming Lips, but it ain't gonna happen

Jonny
01-28-2008, 05:05 PM
My Morning Jacket played against Wilco at ACL and drew a huge crowd. They also happen to have been opening for Bob Dylan at the time. Just because you glittards want to candyflip to subpar French house doesn't mean real people don't still like rock music.

well said, sir.

tchuess
01-28-2008, 05:14 PM
they should be listed somewhere below the bottom edge of the poster.

TomAz
01-28-2008, 05:37 PM

"glittards". i love it.

summerkid
01-28-2008, 05:39 PM
yay rock n roll. Raconteurs and MMJ!!!

patsfan5454
01-28-2008, 05:57 PM
you all need to chill out with your praise of My Morning Jacket! I mean You guys are trying to convince yourselves they are a decent top notch act for the last day of coachella but your kidding yourselves, your just trying to justify any reason you can for spending more money on coachella then last year which was the best of all! The bottom line is they are an OK band not good not great but OK, now bands like arcade fire and interpol are examples of really good or great 2nd tier bands that deserve the type of praise some of you MMJ fans are giving, so just accept the fact goldenvoice screwed you by making my moring jacket so high and stop trying to convince all these people that some alright band is gonna turn blow them away, sorry guys just isnt gonna happen!!!

patsfan5454
01-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Just enjoy Waters and all the great dance rock and electro they did book, it seems to be the only area of music they really excelled at trying to get this year!

summerkid
01-28-2008, 06:08 PM
you all need to chill out with your praise of My Morning Jacket! I mean You guys are trying to convince yourselves they are a decent top notch act for the last day of coachella but your kidding yourselves, your just trying to justify any reason you can for spending more money on coachella then last year which was the best of all! The bottom line is they are an OK band not good not great but OK, now bands like arcade fire and interpol are examples of really good or great 2nd tier bands that deserve the type of praise some of you MMJ fans are giving, so just accept the fact goldenvoice screwed you by making my moring jacket so high and stop trying to convince all these people that some alright band is gonna turn blow them away, sorry guys just isnt gonna happen!!!

This is a ridiculous post. Stop trying to project your own personal thoughts of the band on everybody else. Its not completely unreasonable to think MMJ is a great band, like I've said before Z is one of the best reviewed albums of the decade and there is no reason to believe they can't improve upon that on their next album.

ShyGuy75
01-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Just because you glittards want to candyflip to subpar French house doesn't mean real people don't still like rock music.

I was actually contemplating changing my great sig for a second for this, but then I saw that a scum sucking swine wrote it.

Jonny
01-29-2008, 07:54 AM

Silly, duelsh.

Justifying a ticket isn't gonna happen with just one act. If it did, Jack Johnson would break the whole deal.
That lineup would really suffer(not counting electronic acts) without the hardest rocking band in the festival.

I pity you. FAIL.

nationocean
01-29-2008, 07:59 AM
yay rock n roll. Raconteurs and MMJ!!!

that's rock n roll? that sickens me.

beartrash
01-29-2008, 08:31 AM

What a douche!

MMJ should be headlining Friday night, they're a bigger draw then JJ.

Trailmix
01-29-2008, 08:42 AM

And MMJ draw crowds to shows as big as Interpol and the Flaming Lips so that arguement is bad.

misterpickles
01-29-2008, 10:01 AM
I was kinda hoping for Flaming Lips, but it ain't gonna happen

one can hope (crosses fingers)

ryan97ou
01-29-2008, 11:00 AM
interpol are examples of really good or great 2nd tier bands that deserve the type of praise some of you MMJ fans are giving

I loved Interpol's first two albums and i have seen them twice, and both times i was bored out of my mind 4 songs in.

The idea of seeing MMJ and Roger waters back to back at the end of the festival is just too much to pass up. See MMJ live before you judge.

piggyechoes
01-31-2008, 03:16 PM
MMJ has a new album coming out this summer which im sure means they will play some songs off of it.

Any chance that MMJ and Roger Waters will be on at the same time?

patsfan5454
01-31-2008, 03:25 PM
I Hope they ARE on at the same time so these MMJ loyalists can just follow them to some other stage so i can be even closer to Roger Waters

piggyechoes
01-31-2008, 03:29 PM
oh god man, dont say that lol. although i would have to see roger waters, i mean dark side is the greatest album ever created and MMJ will only get more accesible after there album kicks ass

ayates
01-31-2008, 04:33 PM

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha.

Idiot.

ifulmer
02-01-2008, 12:39 AM

Thank You.

DaFunkyPrecedent
02-06-2008, 03:09 PM
the problem with DCFC and MMJ is neither of them have Jack White.

But MMJ has Jim James - the GREATEST song writer/guitar player/front man we have. Your FUCKING TRIPPING if you miss MMJ, TRIPPING!!!!! it's gonna be the show everyone will talk about - just like LCD last year...

DaFunkyPrecedent
02-06-2008, 03:13 PM

PS - i made a thread before guessing they would make MMJ a headliner - i'll take second teir though. The thing with coachella, is they give bands the spotlight that deserve the spotlight. This year, it happens to be on MMJ!

greghead
02-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Did someone really list Interpol as a "great" band? Give me a fucking break. That band made one truly good album and couple of decent albums; that hardly constitutes great.

Anyway, MMJ is a great band. They are better live than they are on record, and they are amazing on wax. Everyone hating MMJ, open yourself to a different experiences and check out their set. Take a risk, leave the sahara tent and rock out. You can always go back to listening to uninspired house music after their set.

thomcobain
02-09-2008, 07:55 AM
My Morning Jacket is one of the best acts on the bill, and definately have the chops to headline friday. For those that have never seen them live, don't miss out. Justice sucks. Underworld forever.

el chango
02-11-2008, 06:01 PM
My Morning Jacket is one of the best acts on the bill, and definately have the chops to headline friday. For those that have never seen them live, don't miss out. Justice sucks. Underworld forever.

We all know Jack Johnson is a weak headliner, but I don't think MMJ could headline friday over The Verve or even The Breeders, just a thought...

greghead
02-12-2008, 01:43 AM
We all know Jack Johnson is a weak headliner, but I don't think MMJ could headline friday over The Verve or even The Breeders, just a thought...

Though I love MMJ, the Breeders should be playing above them, no question.

mikebspeedracer
02-12-2008, 01:46 AM
agreed

DaFunkyPrecedent
02-13-2008, 09:52 AM
who gives a shit...the bill hight doesn't mean who's gonna close a stage. Fuckin Lemmon Heads closed a stage last year, as did Spank Rock...so who knows, maybe the breeders will close the out door.

thom cobain
02-13-2008, 10:27 AM

I don't think the Breeders can headline. the Verve, possibly. But even better, I nominate Fatboy Slim. He is the true headliner for Friday.

We're talking main stage here.

DaFunkyPrecedent
02-13-2008, 10:57 AM
it could be...his show is HUGE and would fit on that giant Main Stage. I see Jack closing the outdoor personally...which would be great for everyone...fans and non fans.

I say though -they move MMJ to Friday and let them headline. WOOT