PDA

View Full Version : Project Ruin Jack Johnson

Aa0275
01-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Even though I'm not going this year..if I were..I'd suggest this..so maybe someone who IS going can take my words and make them reality...
OK, everyone bring battery powered boom boxes..(can you even bring that in the main grounds? who knows). and the second Mister Johnson opens his mouth to sing, everyone press play on their boom boxes to a song..maybe something like.."it's raining men" or.. "YMCA".

I think it would be hilarious if you could get 2,000 people to do it.

but maybe I'm craazy.

dumbdeath
01-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Or you could just have everyone who doesn't like them not go to him, rather than annoying the fuck out of people, in addition to messing with fellow attendees and possible other stages?

And I don't think they let boomboxes in... plus they'd be annoying to carry around all day.

fasttrack
why?
why ruin it for the people that actually DO want to see him?
i for one am not one of those people but i might still check it out for a few songs.

etothe3
Maybe if something like that happens, or something like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F3O6WYfHQ) happens, then J-Town will leave the stage and there will be another, better artist to headline. Like oh, i dont know, !!!? Flaming lips? Smashing pumpkins? fucking Madonna? AARRGH, i still want to go, but I really dont want to support that asshole.

Thr3ad_Grad3r
01-21-2008, 07:07 PM
F

Horrible Idea, a simple walk out would be better imo.

Aa0275
01-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Or you could just have everyone who doesn't like them not go to him, rather than annoying the fuck out of people, in addition to messing with fellow attendees and possible other stages?

No.

Alchemy
01-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Some people are fucking idiots. There is a reason why Coachella has 5 stages, tesla coils, do-lab and artwork. I'm not a big fan of Jack Johnson, but I am not going to try and sabotage his set. If anyone tried doing that, they deserve to have Jack Johnson makeshift their body into a surfboard and scrap them up against coral.

Aa0275
01-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Maybe all us bitchers were just spoiled last year with the amazing line up.
last year, I knew I'd regret it if I didnt go that I actuallly sold some of my closest expendsive possessions..just to buy a ticket.

dumbdeath
Maybe if something like that happens, or something like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F3O6WYfHQ) happens, then J-Town will leave the stage and there will be another, better artist to headline. Like oh, i dont know, !!!? Flaming lips? Smashing pumpkins? fucking Madonna? AARRGH, i still want to go, but I really dont want to support that asshole.

Okay, so we boo Jack Johnson off the mainstage, and they magically pull another headliner out of their asses?

And seriously, there will be fans of JJ there, it's not like the 500 constant posters on the board are the only people who attend.

Parenthetical Boy
Or you could just grow up and deal with the fact that you don't like this headliner?

Aa0275
01-21-2008, 07:10 PM
It was a joke you assholes, no need to get all touchy. IF I were going, I'd be watching at another stage...so you can stop bitching.

dumbdeath
01-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Boy do I love people who get rejected so badly that they resort to the "It was just a joke guys!" line.
Accept your fail.

woogie846
01-21-2008, 07:12 PM
I think I would be too busy checking out the acts that are put up against Jack Johnson instead of wasting that much time standing around an act that I don't want to see.

Aa0275
01-21-2008, 07:13 PM
I think I would be too busy checking out the acts that are put up against Jack Johnson instead of wasting that much time standing around an act that I don't want to see.

That's a fresh idea.

faxman75
01-21-2008, 07:23 PM

Excellent point. The Pumpkins, the Lips or maybe even The White Stripes will just be waiting in their trailers for the go ahead!

LMAO

J~$$$
01-21-2008, 07:25 PM
billy corgan is a washed up douche bag. Thank god he wont be there.

Leckie
01-21-2008, 07:25 PM
That's a fresh idea.

youre worse than jj

Aa0275
01-21-2008, 07:26 PM

I love Billy. He's amazing.

My pic is a pic of Billy and I

J~$$$
01-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Oh schnaps im sorry that guy sucks worse than jack hojo

shakermaker113
01-21-2008, 07:51 PM
now this is just mean. not getting the headliner you wanted is not so bad. a headliner you think is weak is disappointing. but trying to ruin someone's show? good god, that's awful.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
01-21-2008, 07:54 PM
And here was me thinking that the asshat Rage fans that ruined Crowded House's set last year were an anomaly...

I'm not a JJ fan, but why not rejoice in the fact that whoever is against him will be a better bet - and go see them?

Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous, pervert!

GauchoGuy17
01-21-2008, 08:56 PM

Madonna played two years ago and was terrible. She came on half an hour late and played six songs.

Boourns
01-21-2008, 08:58 PM
I propose we all pitch in and donate tickets to Eman Laerton.

jonnypark
01-21-2008, 08:59 PM
A better way to ruin him would be to flame the fuck out of his message board

SecretAgentX-9
01-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Were you the asshole that threw the bottle during Crowded House?

greenplastic875
01-21-2008, 09:03 PM
You know...that's just downright fucked up. I hate his music thanks to my school UCSB and all its shitty student body for hyping, but I would never do that to anyone even for kicks and giggles.

coldstart
01-21-2008, 09:06 PM

I agree but I would trade Jack for Billy any day.

GauchoGuy17
01-21-2008, 09:14 PM
You know...that's just downright fucked up. I hate his music thanks to my school UCSB and all its shitty student body for hyping, but I would never do that to anyone even for kicks and giggles.

You go to UCSB? I went there too. Graduated spring 07. I agree that he is somewhat overplayed there, along with Sublime.

SecretAgentX-9
01-21-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm pretty sure the majority, if not everybody, is pissed about Jack headlining. It is very 'what the fuck?'. But the lineup is still tits. They got Portishead to play, the veteran Kraftwerk boys to come, the legendary Roger Waters to perform one of the best selling, most appreciated albums of all time. The brought back Hot Chip, Gogol, and Justice; 3 bands who got great responses from their performances last year, and high demand for a return to the festival (specifically Justice). And though they didn't get many huge bands like last year, they brought in a whole new flock of musicians. Tens of thousands of people are gonna go to Coachella, and what better way to introduce some underground acts to the people than to book them to play for the masses. I've already checked out some bands from the poster that I'd never even heard of and I can't wait to see them. Try to quit bitching about what we DON'T have, (cause we're never all gonna get all the bands we want) and open your fucking ears and check out some new shit. We're all going to Coachella so let's make the best of it.