PDA

View Full Version : Coachella in England

offyerhead
01-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Little bird told me GV are looking to run a Coachella like festival in England. Anyone else hear this?

vinylmartyr
01-28-2007, 10:16 PM
wown that would be something

amdux
01-28-2007, 10:20 PM
are there deserts in england?

Adam2uBer
01-28-2007, 10:21 PM
There can only be one Coachella!!!

vinylmartyr
01-28-2007, 10:30 PM
I heard they are gonna do a Coachella in Cananda called CoacEHlla. hehe

suprefan
01-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Little bird told me GV are looking to run a Coachella like festival in England. Anyone else hear this?

Its called Glastonbury, Reading/Leeds, Isle of Wright, T In The Park, Creamfields, V, ever heard of them?

microcuts
01-29-2007, 12:02 AM
lol seriously. Coachella is based off European festivals. People really need to think before hitting that "Submit Thread" button.

Elazarus
01-29-2007, 01:10 AM
Its called Glastonbury, Reading/Leeds, Isle of Wright, T In The Park, Creamfields, V, ever heard of them?

Wow, I'm impressed u certainly know the festivals in the UK, Don't think I could name that many festivals from the USA off the top of my head.

offyerhead
01-29-2007, 07:56 AM
lol seriously. Coachella is based off European festivals. People really need to think before hitting that "Submit Thread" button.

And you need to read before hitting 'reply'. What I said was GV was going to enter the English festival market with something of their own. Of course there's already festivals in England and they pre-date Coachella. That's not the point.

I know a bit more about it than I posted but I'll leave it at that.

offyerhead
01-29-2007, 07:57 AM

Like microcuts, read again and try to comprehend the simple statement that was made. Do GV run all those festivals in England? No. They're looking to launch their own.

bartelby
01-29-2007, 08:15 AM
I heard they are gonna do a Coachella in Cananda called CoacEHlla. hehe

that made me spit coffee all over my fucking desktop...lol

Brandon
01-30-2007, 03:24 PM
why would we need it? we got glastonbury! nothing comes close to it!

JOE X
01-31-2007, 07:40 AM
I'm a Brit.
Coachella beats Glasto hands down. Coachella is hot and beautiful. Glasto is wet and miserable. Coachella is less than half the attendance to Glasto thus enabling everyone to get closer to the bands and there aren't any pissheads.

menikmati
01-31-2007, 07:43 AM
Don't think I could name that many festivals from the USA off the top of my head.

Langerado, Coachella, Sasquatch, Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza, Bumbershoot, ACL Festival, Voodoo Festival, Vegoose + 10,000 crappy jamband get togethers

Philthy
02-01-2007, 12:54 AM
They'd have to make it pretty special. There's already so many in the UK, and you can only have them in a certain time frame when there will be a chance of sun. So June - August is the norm.

But yeah, we already have a bunch of them. Reading/Leeds, V, Glastonbury, Oxygen, Isle Of Wight, T In The Park, Download, Creamfields, Party In The Park, Womad, Bestival, Latitude, Guilfest, Global Gathering, The Big Chill, HI:FI, Beautiful Days and Get Loaded.

Phew. I think that's all of them.

toolisbomb
02-01-2007, 12:59 AM
I'm a Brit.
Coachella beats Glasto hands down. Coachella is hot and beautiful. Glasto is wet and miserable. Coachella is less than half the attendance to Glasto thus enabling everyone to get closer to the bands and there aren't any pissheads.

This made me laugh.

And as for that comment about there being a festival in England called Bestival..they should rename it Beastival. I would go just for the name.

randy ricochet
02-01-2007, 04:55 AM
Langerado, Coachella, Sasquatch, Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza, Bumbershoot, ACL Festival, Voodoo Festival, Vegoose + 10,000 crappy jamband get togethers

Bumbershoot!!!......what kind of a name for a fucking festival is that?....is it like Bumberclot!!?

John Brit
02-02-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm a Brit.

WTF, Glastonbury is possibly THE best festival in the world, hands down. The amount of stuff that goes on there, its like a whole new city just for a weekend, with some of the best music in the world! I could quite happily live at Glastonbury for the rest of my life!

and I live just down the road from Michael Eavis (owner/organiser for you yanks) so I get free tix!

sweet artie
02-02-2007, 01:36 PM
that made me spit coffee all over my fucking desktop...lol

Now I just blew snot all over my keyboard at the thought of that!
Too damn funny!

summerkid
02-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Glasto's lineup this year so far looks like crap and the 2005 lineup wasnt anything special either.

menikmati
02-02-2007, 07:18 PM
bumbershoot's been around a long time dude....dave, pat, and krist all jammed together on some led zeppelin there back in 1997

suprefan
02-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Yeah Bumbershoot has been around for what 20 years? But the way you have to get around to seeing bands is whack, but thats how they do it and its worked so... Oh Street Scene is another "festival". And V is starting to happen randomly around the country now. Next one May 20 and 21 in Vancouver...

Wow, I'm impressed u certainly know the festivals in the UK, Don't think I could name that many festivals from the USA off the top of my head.

Thanks, I try to keep up with things over there as much as I can. I got a subscription to NME for X mas last year(2005) so it was fun to get an issue every week with festival coverage in the summer...

I'm a Brit.

Coachella
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/5816/sunset06pfc4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9864/sampleslidezt1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Glastonbury
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/3382/0000000699dk9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/8638/0000000682xb1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

woogie846
02-02-2007, 10:15 PM
dude glastonbury looks disgusting.

randy ricochet
02-05-2007, 05:32 AM
Yeah but everyones pissed....sorry, drunk for u yanks!....and don't give a shit!!!.....they're all having a right laugh even though its raining..not hiding in the shade drinking a gatorade!!!!

JOE X
02-05-2007, 05:56 AM
I think those photos posted by suprefan say it all. Roll on Coachella!!!:winkiss :winkiss :winkiss

randy ricochet
02-05-2007, 06:02 AM
Lifes all about trying new things...I've done england, now off Stateside!!!!!

waxybk
02-05-2007, 06:32 AM
geez Glastonbury looks horrible.

elChurro
02-05-2007, 06:35 AM
that looks worse than katrina. screw that noise.

shoveitupmytoolbox
02-05-2007, 08:56 AM
It doesn't matter how pissed drunk people are, that looks like a bag of shite and miserable....

offyerhead
02-05-2007, 08:59 AM
that photo is from a few years ago when a flash flood occurred after sudden, heavy rain. It affected a small part of the camping area and, if I remember correctly, didn't last long. Still, it would've ruined your weekend if it was your tent under water.

randy ricochet
02-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Have you noticed that there's not many people in the picture?....thats because its only a wet tent and they're down in the Arena having a laugh!

elChurro
02-05-2007, 09:23 AM
...when life gives you lemons, chuck em at the promoter.

hitthenorth
02-05-2007, 05:08 PM
that photo is from a few years ago when a flash flood occurred after sudden, heavy rain. It affected a small part of the camping area and, if I remember correctly, didn't last long. Still, it would've ruined your weekend if it was your tent under water.

Listen up my American friends. Glastonbury is like this every year without question. Every year many people drown in their tents and valuble crates of booze are washed away never to be seen again. As are cars.
You never see anyone freely smoking bifters, selling hashcake or falling over pissed and class As are none existant. There's nobody in the healing fields cheering when the sun rises over the Vale of Avlon. In fact, it's impossible to have any fun of of any sort whatsoever! Plus, anyone caught making a noise on the camp site after 01:00 generally has the dogs set on them by the festival's secret police.
Basically you'd be foolish to spend your cash on a ticket as you'll be guaranteed to have a shit time. Plus, if you decide not to come it may give me a cat in hells chance of getting hold of a ticket.

randy ricochet
02-06-2007, 09:14 AM
You're not wrong kid!

And there's never any naked birds mud wrestling openly around the arena either!!

crokmiten
02-07-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm a Brit.

Sure, but if they try to launch a Coachella in UK, they won't bring the sun, it'll be wet too...

I haven't been to Glastonbury and I'll never go there. ATP's rock.

nic_ball
02-07-2007, 02:35 AM
They'd have to make it pretty special. There's already so many in the UK, and you can only have them in a certain time frame when there will be a chance of sun. So June - August is the norm.

But yeah, we already have a bunch of them. Reading/Leeds, V, Glastonbury, Oxygen, Isle Of Wight, T In The Park, Download, Creamfields, Party In The Park, Womad, Bestival, Latitude, Guilfest, Global Gathering, The Big Chill, HI:FI, Beautiful Days and Get Loaded.

you missed Truck 10 festival, end of the road and Glade! but well done for pointing out we have to many festivals!! some amazing, some pointless as they have the same line up as about a dozen other festivals.

fatboy192
02-12-2007, 12:35 PM

you forgot rockness aka rockmess after the state of me last year!!!

Fixer808
02-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Coachella:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/98/Sahara_desert.jpg/800px-

Glastonbury:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f5/Royal_Irish_Rifles_ration_party_Somme_July_1916.jp g/800px-Royal_Irish_Rifles_ration_party_Somme_July_1916.jp g