PDA

View Full Version : the thing about this year (for me)

ashtraygrl
01-21-2008, 06:43 PM
i came here today and i see the multitude of "this year sucks" posts. i also see a multitude of "shut up/quit bitching" responses.

well how about this:

i am not overly excited about this year's line up. while there are a few bands i would really love to see, there simply are not enough for me to justify trecking across the country and spending a couple thousand dollars to do so. i don't think it's fair to say that people who love this line-up are "wrong". it works for them, and that's awesome. i do think, however, that there are more people displeased this year than in recent years. i had an excellent time last year, and i would have made it work financially again this year, but it just doesn't seem worth it. plus, when i consider all the festivals yet to be announced, it seems risky to go ahead and invest in going to coachella, when i might be much happier with a different festival.

all of that being said, if i lived within 6-8 hours driving distance, i would definately go to saturday, MAYBE sunday.

Thr3ad_Grad3r
01-21-2008, 06:46 PM
C+

I agree it's not a great line up but I'm within driving distance, so I will be attending.

Capitalize the I

obstacle66
01-21-2008, 06:48 PM
the smaller acts are great!!!
its just jack johnson thats getting all the hate (with good reason)
i havnt denounced coachela this year like alot of u out there but the thought is crossing my mind.

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 06:48 PM
i came here today and i see the multitude of "this year sucks" posts. i also see a multitude of "shut up/quit bitching" responses.

well how about this:

i am not overly excited about this year's line up. while there are a few bands i would really love to see, there simply are not enough for me to justify trecking across the country and spending a couple thousand dollars to do so. i don't think it's fair to say that people who love this line-up are "wrong". it works for them, and that's awesome. i do think, however, that there are more people displeased this year than in recent years. i had an excellent time last year, and i would have made it work financially again this year, but it just doesn't seem worth it. plus, when i consider all the festivals yet to be announced, it seems risky to go ahead and invest in going to coachella, when i might be much happier with a different festival.

all of that being said, if i lived within 6-8 hours driving distance, i would definately go to saturday, MAYBE sunday.

Right there with you, well put. I've gone every year since it started and I have decided its a no-go this year.

ashtraygrl
01-21-2008, 06:50 PM
C+

I agree it's not a great line up but I'm within driving distance, so I will be attending.

Capitalize the I

i don't capitalize anything.

insbordnat
01-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Fact is, I've been disappointed in the last 3 years. The first 4 years I went was awesome. So to me, this is a little bit of a return to good times. To me, the more headliners made for waves of people just coming to see those bands.

BBCgirl
01-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Kinda lame about Death Cab too. They are too mainstream!!

fasttrack
01-21-2008, 07:20 PM
i think peoples expectations were just too high this year. i'm happy about the line-up. it could be better but what am i going to do about it?

fasttrack
01-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Kinda lame about Death Cab too. They are too mainstream!!

and madonna isn't?
what about red hot chilli peppers or even tool?

ashtraygrl
01-21-2008, 10:02 PM
there have been "wtfs" just about every year. i'm just sayin' there seem to be more this year.