PDA

View Full Version : Jack Johnson - Oh Hell Yes!!!!

gazercmh
01-21-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm sooooooooo stoked that Jack Johnson is headlining on Friday!!!!

It's gonna be siiiiiiiiick!!!!!!

private,eyes
01-21-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm gonna be siiiiiiiick!!!

kretz
01-21-2008, 06:39 PM
^^^^^^^

coldstart
01-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Hmmm, I'm going to get out of the way of this thread before the stampede comes.

Leckie
01-21-2008, 06:40 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2108/2211335194_37cd537bcd_o.jpg

Thr3ad_Grad3r
01-21-2008, 06:42 PM

C

First thread admiring JJ

GauchoGuy17
01-21-2008, 06:43 PM
I really like a lot of his songs. But he really isn't headliner material. He'd be great as a subheadliner.

chip_m555
01-21-2008, 06:44 PM
I really like a lot of his songs. But he really isn't headliner material. He'd be great as a subheadliner.

I agree

tvisf
01-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Headliner FAIL

shoegazer76
01-21-2008, 06:46 PM
A talented guy in the completely wrong genre of music festival? Dare no one hence forth ever bitch about Bonnaroo coppin Coachella's booking tastes after booking JJ as a headliner of all things!

whynotsmile99
01-21-2008, 08:33 PM

ditto. i like him. would like to see him. one mellow headliner though, damn. I'll probably check him out a bit maybe, then head to the Sahara

brava
01-21-2008, 08:34 PM
How does a surfer with a guitar headline a massive festival? this sucks

crazzz2007
01-21-2008, 08:37 PM
http://blog.wired.com/defense/images/2007/08/06/puke_aftermath.jpg

Crackerfromcrenshaw
01-21-2008, 08:40 PM
http://blog.wired.com/defense/images/2007/08/06/puke_aftermath.jpg

I think what this picture is telling us is that we have to get fucking loaded to appreciate his music...

coldstart
01-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Or that his music will make us empty the contents of our stomachs.

Songoboy
01-21-2008, 08:59 PM
i just have to laugh at all the people bad-mouthing jack johnson. goldenvoice is the one who books the talent. and i guess they know good talent when they see/hear it. they booked jack johnson at earlier coachellas...when most of you who go on these boards didnt even consider attending coachella....you guys attend because its the "cool thing to do." i laugh at the people who come to these shows because they wanna be "cool". coachella is about the MUSIC people. and goldenvoice works hard to provide new, up and coming music...as well as reunions which a MUSIC LOVER like me appreciates: The Pixies, Bauhaus, Crowded House, etc.

Make jokes all you want "cool, indie posers".....goldenvoice made jack johnson a headliner...deal with it...or don't come by the main stage on friday night....

instinct
01-21-2008, 09:03 PM
i just have to laugh at all the people bad-mouthing jack johnson. goldenvoice is the one who books the talent. and i guess they know good talent when they see/hear it. they booked jack johnson at earlier coachellas...when most of you who go on these boards didnt even consider attending coachella....you guys attend because its the "cool thing to do." i laugh at the people who come to these shows because they wanna be "cool". coachella is about the MUSIC people. and goldenvoice works hard to provide new, up and coming music...as well as reunions which a MUSIC LOVER like me appreciates: The Pixies, Bauhaus, Crowded House, etc.

Make jokes all you want "cool, indie posers".....goldenvoice made jack johnson a headliner...deal with it...or don't come by the main stage on friday night....

Whatever.. I'm not indie.. not even close.. and I think the majority of this board is full of snobs.. I don't even care that he is playing.. Everyone is saying it's NOT ABOUT THE HEADLINERS.. but even the sub-headliners aren't too great.. It really just seems sub-par to other Coachella's.

ProEdge
01-21-2008, 09:16 PM

It's gonna be siiiiiiiiick!!!!!!Have fun watching him alone.

Doors2time
01-21-2008, 09:17 PM
jack johnson makes me wanna puke!!!!!

Songoboy
01-21-2008, 10:17 PM
and i keep on laughing...............

digitalface
01-21-2008, 10:21 PM
I'll be @ Fatboy, thanks.

Poguish
01-21-2008, 10:24 PM
He'd be great as a subheadliner.

He'd be great as a ****** Starbucks Barista.

Poguish
01-21-2008, 10:26 PM
goldenvoice is the one who books the talent. and i guess they know good talent when they see/hear it.
Yup, i guess you're right, remember James Blunt? yeh dudeee epic!

instinct
01-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Yup, i guess you're right, remember James Blunt? yeh dudeee epic!

and Madonna's epic 20 minute set?

Poguish
01-21-2008, 10:56 PM
and Madonna's epic 20 minute set?

Yeh dude! that rocked my socks!

)|( Senjikyru )|(
01-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Yeh dude! that rocked my socks!

Kanye's set wasnt much longer... best part was that he arrived late then was pissed when they cut his time down to keep on schedule.

Got to admit though the Take On Me bit was great lol

whomod
01-22-2008, 02:26 AM

"stoked"

Matthew McCounehey is that you?

xxxxxxxxxx
01-22-2008, 02:55 AM
i'm downloading my first jack johnson album right now. i'm scared.

HunterGather
01-22-2008, 03:09 AM
theres 2 million jack johnson thread, so I'll just pick a random one:

Is this some alternate universe where Jack Johnson is headliner-worthy?
I'm not even joking. Am I just unaware he's bigger than I thought?
I pretty much just know he did the Curious George soundtrack and has some good albums for that kinda music that he does over derre.

I'm not surprised he's' at Coachella. Just that he's headling.
But anyhoo, Fatboy Slim for me (assuming they play at the same time).

SEEDYMIG420
01-22-2008, 03:27 AM

Your right, he has played @ Coachella before, but no matter how many drugs I do & take.....He's just not headline worthy. Now, the rest of the line up is ok, not good, not great, but ok. I've been to all but one of the Coachella festivals, so I think I know what I'm talking about. I'll still go, I want to see some of the other acts. Don't take it personal Jack Johnson, it's just how it is.

gazercmh
01-22-2008, 08:08 AM

btw i'm not actually excited that jack johnson is going to be there and am completely baffled as to how he qualifies as a headliner. i just wanted to inject some positive thoughts into the forum.

malcatrazz
01-22-2008, 08:18 AM
theres 2 million jack johnson thread, so I'll just pick a random one:

Is this some alternate universe where Jack Johnson is headliner-worthy?
I'm not even joking. Am I just unaware he's bigger than I thought?
I pretty much just know he did the Curious George soundtrack and has some good albums for that kinda music that he does over derre.

I'm not surprised he's' at Coachella. Just that he's headling.
But anyhoo, Fatboy Slim for me (assuming they play at the same time).

Yeah, it's called the Austin City Limits Music Festival. I go cause it's cheap, close to home, they let you bring in chairs and they let you stroll around drinking beer. No Lone Stars though which is kinda weird.

BeHereNOW
01-22-2008, 08:19 AM
jj wont even headline friday at AustinCityLimits which past edition had major headline BobDylan

overall Coachella have much better quality acts only on the Mojave/Sahara tents though...

c'ya there in abril!

NiceArthur32
01-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Jack Johnson is tight...

roll up a fatty....

puff a couple of times and ENJOY...

HE'S PERFECT for headlining the first night...

especially with his new stuff coming out in feb...

I CANT FUCKING WAIT!

JJ is the only reason i'm going all three days...