PDA

View Full Version : Are you all looking at the right line up?

rage patton
01-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Seriously? What is with all the negativity this year?

I was stoked about last years line up... it was Rage Against The Machine after all. But seriously, look past the headliners this year!!!

Friday:
Madness
The Verve
The Raconteurs
The Breeders
Fat Boy Slim
Teegan and Sarah
Animal Collective
Slightly Stoopid
Pendulum
Sharron Jones & The Dap Kings
Battles
Midnight Juggernauts
Busy P
Modeselektor

Saturday:
Kraftwerk
Cafe Tacuba
Sasha & Digweed
Cold War Kids
Stephen Malkmus
DeVotchKa
Flogging Molly
Scars on Broadway
Islands
Boys Noize
VHS or Beta
Erol Alkan

Sunday:
Gogol Bordello
Justice
Spiritualized
Chromeo
Metric
Simian Mobile Disco
Les Savy Fav
Holy Fuck
Man Man
I'm From Barcelona

And these are only the bands I've heard of and/or listen to!!!

I cannot wait to discover more acts as well. Seriously. I know more artists on this line up then I did on the 2007 line up.

I will admit I am disapointed in 2 things though.
a) Ticket Prices. $270? Ouch.
b) Jack Johnson really is a terrible choice for a headliner. But I will be in the tent with Fatboy Slim. As well, even though I love Portishead, they aren't the best headliner. They would be have been a SOLID sub-headliner. But hey. It's all good.

Now. Look back at the line up. You will realize this is incredible.

kingdumb
01-21-2008, 06:19 PM
SRSLY! everyone is pretty much good cept the headliners! althought portishead is ok!

but yeah iam down for 08!

Lt. Dangel
01-21-2008, 06:19 PM
fo shizzle.

sbessiso
01-21-2008, 06:21 PM
i really want to be positive you guys, but its just not enough to fly out of Miami for

boyalien0
01-21-2008, 06:24 PM
b) Jack Johnson really is a terrible choice for a headliner. But I will be in the tent with Fatboy Slim. As well, even though I love Portishead, they aren't the best headliner. They would be have been a SOLID sub-headliner. But hey. It's all good..

I'm stoked for this lineup but I'm also a little disappointed. I seriously feel like making this my sig, tho. Well said.

deeznutz
01-21-2008, 06:24 PM
This will help you be positive...

http://boingboing.net/images/Unicorn-and-Foal-Print-C10055158.jpeg

eudaemonia
01-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Holy shit, how could I have missed Madness and I'm From Barcelona?? Thanks for this. I think the color scheme of the new poster made my eyes wander in the wrong places.

rage patton
01-21-2008, 06:28 PM
I KNOW!

Madness and Im From Barcelona are two of the most exciting acts on the entire line up. Both are incredibly rare acts to see in North America.

boyalien0
01-21-2008, 06:28 PM
I didn't see Madness at first either. Then my eyes landed on it and I said out loud, "Holy Shit. Madness? Like, MADNESS Madness?" And my girlfriend looked over at me like I was crazy. So I played "One Step Beyond," and it melted her face off.

sesamesteve
01-21-2008, 06:29 PM
The only thing that dissapoints me this year are the ticket prices. Seriously, wtf mate.

miseducation
i really want to be positive you guys, but its just not enough to fly out of Miami for

Same situation here. I need something better to spend that grand on.

The Sahara's tight this year but it needs something enormous. Add Underworld or the Chemical Brothers and we might be in business.

Every year I say I won't go and every year I see the lineup and run screaming to California. This year, I can't even try to feel that way.

pandaroo

thats what im saying. to me, its better than the lineup in 06 ( i know it had Daft punk but overall it sucked)
I recomend checking out
Friday- Architecture in Helsinki, Battles, datarock, mum, fatboy slim, madness and animal collective
Saturday- Portishead, Kraftwerk,M.I.A, Hotchip
Sunday- Roger Waters, Holy Fuck, Autolux, MANMAN, Im from Barcelona, Justice, Spiritualized

I fret w. minimal bands I want to see- if they conflict im screwed!
i may skip friday and go on a hotair balloon ride

desertpartylove
01-21-2008, 06:30 PM
you have the wrong lineup, smartguy.

rage patton
01-21-2008, 06:32 PM
I didn't see Madness at first either. Then my eyes landed on it and I said out loud, "Holy Shit. Madness? Like, MADNESS Madness?" And my girlfriend looked over at me like I was crazy. So I played "One Step Beyond," and it melted her face off.

HAHAHA! YES MAN!

One Step Beyond is the song that made me a die hard Madness fan. My girlfriend LOVES them to. I told her and she flipped out.

I am loving the vibe going on here!

Lt. Dangel
01-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Seriously. All the people on here hoping for No Doubt should be thrilled about Madness.

canexplain
01-21-2008, 06:46 PM
HAHAHA! YES MAN!

One Step Beyond is the song that made me a die hard Madness fan. My girlfriend LOVES them to. I told her and she flipped out.

i will have to mull this over a bit, but i think i agree with you rage on the lineup as a whole .. canx**

pandaroo
01-21-2008, 06:50 PM
how are tickets more expensive? they are cheaper than last year. why is everyone complaining about tix prices?

suprefan
01-21-2008, 06:51 PM
People are blind.

MonsoonSeason
01-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Holy Fuck
Man Man

truer phrases have yet to be uttered

g0k1ngsg0
01-21-2008, 06:57 PM
here are my picks in no particular order

Friday
the Verve
Raconteurs
Breeders
Fatboy Slim
MADNESS
Slightly Stoopid (only cuz of pnutzz on teh vegoose board, lol )
Aesop Rock
Arch in Helsinki
Rogue Wave

Saturday
Portishead
Kraftwerk
Flogging Molly
Calvin Harris
Boyz Noise
Junkie XL
Cinematic Orchestra
MGMT
120 days
Yoav

Sunday
Roger Waters
Love and Rockets (please don't conflict with DSOTM)
Gogol
Simian Mobile Disco
Murs
Booka Shade
I'm from Barcelona
Manchester Orchestra
Austin TV

and this is without being familiar with most of the bands.
I agree with most that the headliners are a little weak but the undercard is much better than past years.

merznerve
01-21-2008, 07:04 PM

i feel the same!

with WMC coming up, and perhaps langerado. might want to skip out on this one.

this will save me a ton of money actually.

rage patton
01-21-2008, 07:07 PM
truer phrases have yet to be uttered

Monsoon! I havent seen you on the board here since last Coachella. How have you been?

rage patton
01-21-2008, 07:07 PM
i will have to mull this over a bit, but i think i agree with you rage on the lineup as a whole .. canx**

I really hope Becky and I get to see you there Ron!

whynotsmile99
01-21-2008, 07:08 PM
HAHAHA! YES MAN!

i cant find this on Itunes. I guess Our House and that song from the M&M commercials is the only songs I know of them

MonsoonSeason
01-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Monsoon! I havent seen you on the board here since last Coachella. How have you been?

Not bad! very busy. definitely making time for coachella though

good to be back :D

roberto73
01-21-2008, 07:10 PM
I admit to being disappointed at first, but then I went through and counted up the bands I wanted to see each day, without doing any additional research. The totals?

Friday: 15
Saturday: 13
Sunday: 14

Not too shabby. I was apparently blinded by the Jack Johnson Factor.

rage patton
01-21-2008, 07:38 PM
I admit to being disappointed at first, but then I went through and counted up the bands I wanted to see each day, without doing any additional research. The totals?

Friday: 15
Saturday: 13
Sunday: 14

Not too shabby. I was apparently blinded by the Jack Johnson Factor.

You are in the same boat as me then. I just realized, without researching, I know more bands this year, then I knew at Coachella 2007 AFTER researching.
People seriously need to look past the headliners.

dnham
01-21-2008, 10:12 PM

AHAHAHAH Awesome.

instinct
01-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Madness is cool.. but I saw them at a KROQ festival (my first and last) like 2 years ago..

crazzz2007
01-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Seriously? What is with all the negativity this year?

I was stoked about last years line up... it was Rage Against The Machine after all. But seriously, look past the headliners this year!!!

Friday:
Madness
The Verve
The Raconteurs
The Breeders
Fat Boy Slim
Teegan and Sarah
Animal Collective
Slightly Stoopid
Pendulum
Sharron Jones & The Dap Kings
Battles
Midnight Juggernauts
Busy P
Modeselektor

Saturday:
Kraftwerk
Cafe Tacuba
Sasha & Digweed
Cold War Kids
Stephen Malkmus
DeVotchKa
Flogging Molly
Scars on Broadway
Islands
Boys Noize
VHS or Beta
Erol Alkan

Sunday:
Gogol Bordello
Justice
Spiritualized
Chromeo
Metric
Simian Mobile Disco
Les Savy Fav
Holy Fuck
Man Man
I'm From Barcelona

And these are only the bands I've heard of and/or listen to!!!

I cannot wait to discover more acts as well. Seriously. I know more artists on this line up then I did on the 2007 line up.

b) Jack Johnson really is a terrible choice for a headliner. But I will be in the tent with Fatboy Slim. As well, even though I love Portishead, they aren't the best headliner. They would be have been a SOLID sub-headliner. But hey. It's all good.

Now. Look back at the line up. You will realize this is incredible.

i agree with most of this.

2 minor disagreement:

jack johnson is more than a terrible headliner. it is a major, embarrassing fuck up. it almost seems like coachella couldn't find a headliner. it seems like an act of desperation.

portishead is a fantastic headliner. i can't think of a better headliner for this year other than radiohead.

gmoneyak
01-21-2008, 10:33 PM
You'd make a great cheerleader, Rage..

I've got about 45 acts that I'd like to see, that's not too fuckin' bad!

$270 /45 = $6 a band... Still works for me...

arya.
01-21-2008, 10:34 PM
SRSLY.