PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts

KatieLyn
01-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Stop bitching about the lineup. You know there's at least a few bands on there that you like.

Plus the Coachella experience itself makes it worth going, and you know it.

insbordnat
01-21-2008, 06:08 PM
HALLELUJAH!

I'm going to have to call the Waaaaaambulance from all of this crying.

dumbdeath
01-21-2008, 06:08 PM
It's like babies who cry until they realize that nothing is really wrong, then they stop.

Except... the boards don't have the collective thought to stop crying.

KatieLyn
01-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Seriously.

You're going to have a hella good time at Coachella even if Jack Johnson is headlining, who the hell cares?

deeznutz
01-21-2008, 06:12 PM
http://boingboing.net/images/Unicorn-and-Foal-Print-C10055158.jpeg

KatieLyn
01-21-2008, 06:15 PM
deez, make that a print on a shirt and wear it to Coachella.

coldstart
01-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Hah!

R3d Snapper
01-21-2008, 06:17 PM
We have to bitch, how else are the coachella gods supposed to hear us?

KatieLyn
01-21-2008, 06:19 PM
The Coachella Gods have decided, man. Get over it.

kroqken
01-21-2008, 06:21 PM
If the lineup is not that steller, it will give me more time to wander around and check out the art and some of the booths. This could be a "wake up and smell the roses" festival.

masks
01-21-2008, 06:22 PM
the issue for me is that the coachella experience requires a 15 hour drive. then my fellow northwesterners and i try to stay alive until the first bands. it's impossible to get drunk because you'll die, the venue is completely flat, so you have to fight to get a view, and without shitloads of sunscreen, you'll change races for a week before the skin abandons ship and leaves you pink and pissed

waxybk
01-21-2008, 06:23 PM
If the lineup is not that steller, it will give me more time to wander around and check out the art and some of the booths. This could be a "wake up and smell the roses" festival.

Exactly....Coachella is an entire experience. There is a lot of elements to the festival aside from the music. Enjoy everything that's a part of the festival.

KatieLyn
Yeah, exactly Kroqken.

There's lots of bands on the lineup that I love, so who cares about crappy headliners? Plus we get to meet tons of new people and just have a good time.

KatieLyn
the issue for me is that the coachella experience requires a 15 hour drive. then my fellow northwesterners and i try to stay alive until the first bands. it's impossible to get drunk because you'll die, the venue is completely flat, so you have to fight to get a view, and without shitloads of sunscreen, you'll change races for a week before the skin abandons ship and leaves you pink and pissed

I live in Palm Desert, so I'm 10-15 mins away. Soo I don't have that problem.

coldstart
01-21-2008, 06:24 PM

That's an awesome description of the sunburning process.

sesamesteve
01-21-2008, 06:25 PM

Yes, exactly. The line-up is not amazing, but it's good enough and plus all of the art and other things to do at Coachella. I expect another great Coachella.

KatieLyn
01-21-2008, 06:26 PM
I get my fix of Gibbard, so I'm happy as hell.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/diehardHPusedfan111/gibbaaard-1.jpg

kingdumb
01-21-2008, 06:27 PM
SRSLY! iam excited of all this! its fun!
just come and people watch!

xxxxxxxxxx
01-21-2008, 06:28 PM
I get my fix of Gibbard, so I'm happy as hell.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/diehardHPusedfan111/gibbaaard-1.jpg

Death Cab are painfully boring live.

lrnikkon
01-21-2008, 06:31 PM
In reality what happen with Coachella this year!?!?!?!?

This is the weakest line up ever. YES i am bitching and crying.. i waited for this sucky lineup all year.. and just for this.
Its not really an indie festival, not when KROQ is the main promoter...

This sucks.. I have been going ever since 99.. sadly to say i will not be attending this year..

KatieLyn
01-21-2008, 06:32 PM
In reality what happen with Coachella this year!?!?!?!?

This is the weakest line up ever. YES i am bitching and crying.. i waited for this sucky lineup all year.. and just for this.
Its not really an indie festival, not when KROQ is the main promoter...

This sucks.. I have been going ever since 99.. sadly to say i will not be attending this year..

Good.

kroqken
01-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Coachella is a whole amalgamation of experiences, not just a "list of bands."