PDA

View Full Version : All of you who b*tched about RHCP last year

GauchoGuy17
01-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Here is your punishment.

I had never seen a band get slammed as much as RHCP did last year on this board. It was pretty ridiculous. Reading some of the posts, you would have thought that Good Charlotte was the headliner.

What did RHCP do? They came on and played a "Coachella-ized" set featuring lengthy jam sessions and face-melting solos from Flea and Frusciante. Sure, some of the songs they chose to include at the expense of others were a bit questionable, but the general consensus (maybe not on this board, but almost everywhere else) was that they played an amazing set.

Now you get Jack Johnson. One guy with an acoustic guitar. You won't be hearing any face-melting solos from him.

Don't get me wrong. I'm pissed he's a headliner, because I've loved every headliner I've seen in the past, and he's not worth the $80 that a Friday ticket would cost. But for all of you who b*tched incessantly about RHCP last year, now you know: it could have been a LOT worse.

Boourns
01-21-2008, 05:43 PM
I don't hate RHCP....I just thought 4 years was too soon for a headliner to repeat that isn't Radiohead. Especially after they toured heavily shortly before, and RHCP + Manu Chao felt like a rehash of Lollapalooza.

But Jack Johnson is totally hateable.

James
01-21-2008, 05:44 PM
lol @ RHCP "melting faces"

ShyGuy75
01-21-2008, 05:45 PM
lol at you not recognizing the greatness of Flea and Frusciante.

R3d Snapper
01-21-2008, 05:45 PM
But Jack Johnson is totally hateable.
QFT

GauchoGuy17
01-21-2008, 05:50 PM
lol @ RHCP "melting faces"

I think the quote I heard most often after that show was "is Frusciante the best guitarist in the world?"

Obviously, that was a bit of hyperbole, but you obviously didn't see RHCP at Coachella last year if you laugh at Frusciante. Along with Willie Nelson's son, he might have been the best guitarist in the entire lineup.

James
01-21-2008, 05:51 PM
lol at you not recognizing the greatness of Flea and Frusciante.

hating on RHCP is so last year, so I'm not going to argue with you... I just don't think "face-melting" is a very good term to describe something that happened during a Peppers set.

TheCutestBoyAlive
01-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Jack Johnson sux. This is devastating.

idrive1life
01-21-2008, 05:56 PM
RHCP > Jack Johnson

I hate RHCP!

crazzz2007
01-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Here is your punishment.

I had never seen a band get slammed as much as RHCP did last year on this board. It was pretty ridiculous. Reading some of the posts, you would have thought that Good Charlotte was the headliner.

What did RHCP do? They came on and played a "Coachella-ized" set featuring lengthy jam sessions and face-melting solos from Flea and Frusciante. Sure, some of the songs they chose to include at the expense of others were a bit questionable, but the general consensus (maybe not on this board, but almost everywhere else) was that they played an amazing set.

Now you get Jack Johnson. One guy with an acoustic guitar. You won't be hearing any face-melting solos from him.

Don't get me wrong. I'm pissed he's a headliner, because I've loved every headliner I've seen in the past, and he's not worth the $80 that a Friday ticket would cost. But for all of you who b*tched incessantly about RHCP last year, now you know: it could have been a LOT worse.

shut the fuck up.

both portishead and roger waters are infinitely better headlines than RHCP.

now jack johnaon, that's a very different story. coachella should be embarrassed about this. even if they add another big name and bump jack johnson down a spot, it's still pathetic.

Boourns
01-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah, his fanbase is the same size as in 2003, and he was at the end of the second line that year! And now the festival is twice as big. I guess that's new math.

cloud9
01-21-2008, 05:59 PM
guesed i am hear to apolizegize for my eowrds about ed hot chili perrs last yer hehe

GauchoGuy17
01-21-2008, 06:00 PM
shut the fuck up.

both portishead and roger waters are infinitely better headlines than RHCP.

now jack johnaon, that's a very different story. coachella should be embarrassed about this. even if they add another big name and bump jack johnson down a spot, it's still pathetic.

Roger Waters, yes.

Portishead if you're more into electronic music than rock.

mvanwinkle
01-21-2008, 06:02 PM
this is whats going to happen. Coachella is not going to fuck us over. they already have a killlller headliner for friday but dont want tickets to sell out. so once everyone buys tickets they are going to add some one who blows our mind.

ShyGuy75
01-21-2008, 06:03 PM
I like the way you think vanwinkle

crazzz2007
01-21-2008, 06:04 PM
this is whats going to happen. Coachella is not going to fuck us over. they already have a killlller headliner for friday but dont want tickets to sell out. so once everyone buys tickets they are going to add some one who blows our mind.

no they are not. GV has obviously made a decision to go for the $$$ this year. they are banking on the good will they have earned from past lineups.