01-21-2008, 03:46 PM
doesn't this happen every year?:rolleyes

fasttrack
01-21-2008, 03:47 PM
THIS SHIT SUCKS BURN IN HELL

don't go to coachella then.

pandaroo
01-21-2008, 03:47 PM
yes. but its kind of a burn this year. even the subheadliners kinda blow Sans Kraftwerk - Why couldnt jack and meg play hes already there- fuck

antics823
01-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Oh lord!

microlovebeat
01-21-2008, 03:48 PM
agreed. unless they have some HUGE.......and i mean HUGE unexpected additions.......all of this backlash is completely appropriate. i mean, the lineup is just sad.

antics823
01-21-2008, 03:49 PM
yes. but its kind of a burn this year. even the subheadliners kinda blow Sans Kraftwerk - Why couldnt jack and meg play hes already there- fuck

I agree. It would be soooooo much better if the White Stripes play.

Rhymes with "the"
01-21-2008, 03:50 PM
I agree. It would be soooooo much better if the White Stripes play.

That would definitely make it, but the smaller staged bands are pretty awesome.

airguitarvet
01-21-2008, 03:50 PM
lol

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-21-2008, 03:51 PM
agreed. unless they have some HUGE.......and i mean HUGE unexpected additions.......all of this backlash is completely appropriate. i mean, the lineup is just sad.

they need something HUGE.

man, i love portishead, but not for headliner.

Jack Johnson? WTF!!!

Roger Wates is ok.

Man, where the fuck are the big acts? Chems, Underworld, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Soundgarden or STP? where is that huge reason to go????

noisemachine
01-21-2008, 03:51 PM
I am actually hoping for a lower attendance. Hopefully it will be slightly less crowded this year. I'm excited.

sithlord
01-21-2008, 03:52 PM
this year will rule. for sure.

ADrunkPoet
Though we are all really disappointed (and many of us may not go)...
Lets not forget how many amazing memories have come from Coachella.

In the meantime, I'm going to wait for additions to buy my tickets. There is
no way in dog shit fuck this lineup is going to sell out the fields.

sithlord
haters, stay home. thanks.

pandaroo
01-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Front row parking! And we spent so much time looking for a place close to the venue to avoid traffic. hmm. no traffic now. Welcome to '99!

johnnystar
01-21-2008, 03:53 PM
I ONLY EXCITED ABOUT MODSELEKTOR, JUSTICE, MIA, BUSY P, KRAFTWERK, WHAT HAPPEN TO GOLDGFRAPP

antics823
01-21-2008, 03:54 PM
I hope those tricks up his sleeve come soon!

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 03:54 PM
yeah this does happen every year - but this year kinda fits somehow.

johnnystar
01-21-2008, 03:56 PM
BUT I AM STILL GOING OH WELL

scoop49er
01-21-2008, 04:11 PM

ok micro im gonna drop to ur level for a sec! please go eat a dick!!

1. did coachella tell u to put money up b4 they announced the lineup? no

2. is there a obligation for u to go? no

3. do i want a whiny litle bitch walking around the grounds bitching like a bitch? no

so do us a favor and do ur last post AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE! IF U ALL DONT LIKE IT, LEAVE! GO FUCK OFF AND HIDE UNDER A ROCK OR A SHITTY DIAPER CUZ U ALL WHINE LIKE FUCKING CRYBABIES! AND SOME OF U IM REALLY SURPRISED BUT THEN AGAIN, WHEN A BITCH DOESNT GET HIS WAY, IT BITCHES! SO GO FUCK OFF!

ok im done! :) im really pumped up for the fest. ive begun my downloading! see u all there! except the fucknuts!:)--------

tvisf
01-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Fuck your face...

lawl

bee513
01-21-2008, 04:17 PM
I hope those tricks up his sleeve come soon!

Seriously. In the past, how long have to waited to add the late additions?

microlovebeat
01-21-2008, 04:18 PM
ok micro im gonna drop to ur level for a sec! please go eat a dick!!

1. did coachella tell u to put money up b4 they announced the lineup? no

2. is there a obligation for u to go? no

3. do i want a whiny litle bitch walking around the grounds bitching like a bitch? no

so do us a favor and do ur last post AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE! IF U ALL DONT LIKE IT, LEAVE! GO FUCK OFF AND HIDE UNDER A ROCK OR A SHITTY DIAPER CUZ U ALL WHINE LIKE FUCKING CRYBABIES! AND SOME OF U IM REALLY SURPRISED BUT THEN AGAIN, WHEN A BITCH DOESNT GET HIS WAY, IT BITCHES! SO GO FUCK OFF!

ok im done! :) im really pumped up for the fest. ive begun my downloading! see u all there! except the fucknuts!:)--------

hey don't single me out you fucking asshole. i'm not the only one bitching. plus, you would have been happy with greenday you stupid prick. just because you're not disappointed with the lineup doesn't make you the token-glass half full-piece of shit happy person, you stupid fucking twat stick.

and if you haven't noticed, you're pretty much outnumbered on this topic, that being, THE LINEUP SUCKS. so go fucking single out someone else.

Wheres the beef?
01-21-2008, 04:21 PM
hey don't single me out you fucking asshole. i'm not the only one bitching. plus, you would have been happy with greenday you stupid prick. just because you're not disappointed with the lineup doesn't make you the token-glass half full-piece of shit happy person, you stupid fucking twat stick.

and if you haven't noticed, you're pretty much outnumbered on this topic, that being, THE LINEUP SUCKS. so go fucking single out someone else.

BITCH!

victor831
01-21-2008, 04:23 PM
A very dissapointing lineup, I'm so bummed.

Jinx16
01-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Kinda dissapointed, but i still think it will be a good time.

deadhead2479
01-21-2008, 04:30 PM
For real man, Jack Johnson killed all my hopes and expectations for this amazing festival. U look at last years lineup, the headliners were UNBELIEVABLE with the exception of the chili peppers who were just mediocre. Even the sub-headliners could pull 10K+. This year, we have a stoner piece of shit acoustic guitar player, Portishead which is actually my favorite band atm but still isnt headlining material, and a washed up, has been who appeals to everyone 40+. Like the others said, if they dont come up with 10+ huge names, im saving my 300$ deposit and the 5 hr trek.

microcuts
01-21-2008, 04:31 PM
PJ Harvey's name being tossed around the past couple weeks was a cruel tease. And the headliners are a serious joke. At least RHCP and Rage were big names... but Portishead and Jack Johnson??? I bet anyone can get front row this year.

I don't think the line-up as a whole is that disappointing, though. There's a lot of good bands playing this year. Isn't that all that matters?

cloud9
01-21-2008, 04:47 PM
yes not tsure whyed single out mivros love i mean he just state a opinioned and all of suden tell him to sucked a dick i do nto want to go to a festilv al where peple tell ed people to suck a dick do nto why would say t hat this year anyway there som good band but think it not as great as the past few yer but am still hipful not eworrie d just my opinon like ver yb odyt elsed h as one so thank and goodnith

orbit
01-21-2008, 04:52 PM
You are the man, cloud.

PrettyRagdoll
01-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Blah. This is a nightmare

cloud9
01-21-2008, 05:03 PM
thanke orbit but ahave actualyl been a fna of your post ofr quite some timed now oalway say the right hitn g at right time and is a tre u gentlmen

coofal
01-21-2008, 05:04 PM
yes not tsure whyed single out mivros love i mean he just state a opinioned and all of suden tell him to sucked a dick i do nto want to go to a festilv al where peple tell ed people to suck a dick do nto why would say t hat this year anyway there som good band but think it not as great as the past few yer but am still hipful not eworrie d just my opinon like ver yb odyt elsed h as one so thank and goodnith

haha

Harrisment
01-21-2008, 05:13 PM
They need to announce those "tricks up their sleeve" fast. I was so pumped about going to my first Coachella, only to have my heart ripped out when I hear that piece of shit Jack Johnson is a headliner! I mean seriously. How do you go from Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Massive Attack, Underworld, Daft Punk......to JACK JOHNSON!?!

ADrunkPoet
01-21-2008, 05:14 PM
At this point, I would have taken Green Day and No Doubt for beefy subheadliners and all-around solid lineup.

What we have though, is lacking.

Death
01-21-2008, 05:20 PM
THIS SHIT SUCKS BURN IN HELL

You suck at life.

Foucault
01-21-2008, 05:26 PM

Remember where this kind of thinking got us last year? There were no huge additions! Don't expect it to happen this year either.

boarderwoozel3
01-21-2008, 06:02 PM
thanke orbit but ahave actualyl been a fna of your post ofr quite some timed now oalway say the right hitn g at right time and is a tre u gentlmen

???

i_like_cake530
01-21-2008, 06:07 PM
they need something HUGE.

man, i love portishead, but not for headliner.

Jack Johnson? WTF!!!

Roger Wates is ok.

Man, where the fuck are the big acts? Chems, Underworld, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Soundgarden or STP? where is that huge reason to go????

I'm glad there isn't going to be one large group of fans with "one huge reason" to go...i'd rather be surrounded by people who are their for more than just the headliners, and people who are willing to expand their musical horizons.

NeverMyopic
01-21-2008, 06:09 PM
yeah this does happen every year - but this year kinda fits somehow.

And there seems to be a lot more disgruntled people, including some mutterings from some of the veteran Coachella goers/forum posters

There are a lot of bands on the undercard that are good, but nothing that really jumps out - kinda solid.

hypervera
01-21-2008, 06:10 PM
weakest coachella ever!!

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 06:12 PM
And there seems to be a lot more disgruntled people, including some mutterings from some of the veteran Coachella goers/forum posters

There are a lot of bands on the undercard that are good, but nothing that really jumps out - kinda solid.

I'm one of the disgruntled vets.

I've officially decided its a no go this year - I take my chances (and money) with another festival this year.

hypervera
01-21-2008, 06:13 PM

I've officially decided its a no go this year - I take my chances (and money) with another festival this year.

i totally agree with you, ill just go to see the verve and jack johnson can go to hell!!

Agent Orange
01-21-2008, 08:51 PM
I ONLY EXCITED ABOUT MODSELEKTOR, JUSTICE, MIA, BUSY P, KRAFTWERK, WHAT HAPPEN TO GOLDGFRAPP

Dont forget about Mum and Portishead!!!!!!!

Agent Orange
01-21-2008, 08:53 PM
And what happened to Underworld and Chemical Bros?!?!?!?!?!?

DFrank
01-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Im so over this whole 'fuck coachella'/'fuck jack johnson' business. Either go or dont go. Actually, please dont go.

rage patton
01-21-2008, 08:55 PM

Just wait until it gets closer. You may change your mind.

baggy751
01-21-2008, 09:13 PM
And what happened to Underworld and Chemical Bros?!?!?!?!?!?

Agreed. This fucking sucks. I saw Underworld in their first stop in the US and it was amazing. I'm so bummed. No mention of Basement Jaxx either. And what happened to UNKLE, who was listed in the LA Times blog. They could have at least brought in Lavelle to do a dj set. But instead they get Justice for two years in a row. I saw them in SF and they were pretty mediocre except for the metallica sample. But Uffie!!!!???? Come on, you're shitting me! Were they working on a small budget? I hope it didn't all go to Roger Waters. Where did all the big names go?

Agent Orange
01-21-2008, 09:18 PM
I have to agree! Maybe they're saving their money for their 10th year anniversary!

jtovar21
01-21-2008, 11:17 PM
While Chemical Brothers and Underworld would be a welcome add, they aren't going to be around forever to headline festivals. This year really rocks in the Sahara, and there may be even future Chemical Bros. and Underworld caliber acts on the bill. I mean even they had to start out somewhere.

People should give some of the bands they've never heard of, a chance. Theres plenty of great acts in the lower and mid tiers.

MODESELEKTOR, SURKIN + PARA ONE, SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO, just to name a few in the Sahara , will certainly gain new fans after the exposure.

Too be honest, I can care less about the headliners, since I don't really watch their sets anyways. I've seen less than 5 FULL headlining sets, since I have been attending the festival first back in 2001. Personally, I am glad there's no band for KROQ to push. I can do without the FRAT BOYS and Paris Hiltons this year.

There will be additions, I am sure. And if I had it my way, APHEX TWIN, would headline a day. I am sure people would probably go apeshit with hatred as well.

Rhydz
01-22-2008, 03:30 AM
coachella have one choice in my mind. deliver a quality bill that can compete with other festivals or my money will go to another festival.

so this year (unless something seriously changes) my money is probably going to sxsw and maybe a european festival.

go cheap on the line up so that you can push into the east and you will loose the quality of your festival. coachella has a rep world wide for delivering a quality bill, this time theyve lost the plot.