PDA

View Full Version : OK YOUR OPINION ON THE LINEUP FOR COACHELLA 08! POST HERE:

scoop49er
01-21-2008, 02:59 PM
well i heard the press conference and initial batch of bands announced. 3 points:

1. the headliners are not strong at all. jack johnson is someone i will pass on, Portishead is cool but not the main act, roger waters will be cool to watch only for nostalgia purposes. so they didnt get the major mainstream currents names for headliners and i know some peole look for that.

2. the rest of the lineup is very very strong! gogol, MIA, flogging, the verve, etc,etc. alot of choices so im very happy with that

3. im there. the whole point of coachellla for me is 3 days in the sun, drinking, vacationing, and listening to good music. there is enough here to sell me on it so im in!:) see u there people! ok what do u think...

el_chaman
01-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Probably not enough for me to pay a trip to Coachella, I would need a couple stronger bands headlining, IŽm only really excited about Portishead.

IŽll wait for the surprise acts (if they are added) or IŽll just go to another festival this year.

BettySpaghetti
Pretty meh actually, no one I really want to see.

arya.
1. I dont plan on seeing any of the headliners

2. The reason why is because everyone else is amazing: The verve, MIA, Justice, Chromeo, Rilo Kiley, Diplo

3. I will be going Friday and Sat

ShyGuy75
01-21-2008, 03:08 PM
I go regardless of who plays.

The lineup this year seems to lack the "rock" factor that most previous years had. (Although I haven't researched it fully yet)

I am holding out hope for Band of Horses and mgmt. If those two are on the poster, my wishes are granted.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-21-2008, 03:08 PM
The lineup so far is incredibly disappointing.

microcuts
01-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Headliners easily the weakest in recent memory. But line-up in general is one of the best, and that's only so far. Who knows what bands he didn't list. And he did say there's still tricks up their sleeve.

inutil
i'm there! that is all.

shotglass75
I have no words to describe how I feel. Maybe one..empty. The lineup just seems empty. maybe I need to see the poster and how things are stacked but as of right now I just feel like blah

microserfs21
1. Roger Water's should be pretty awesome, I don't care that much for the rest

2. Fucking amazing under cards

3. 3 days of camping and listening to awesome music in the sun = an amazing vacation for me

dethroned
01-21-2008, 03:11 PM
I haven't seen anything that seals the deal for me. There are several great bands, but I've seen most of them numerous times already, and so far it's not enough to justify the (pretty huge) expense.

Sexecutioner
01-21-2008, 03:11 PM
well i heard the press conference and initial batch of bands announced. 3 points:

1. the headliners are not strong at all. jack johnson is someone i will pass on, Portishead is cool but not the main act, roger waters will be cool to watch only for nostalgia purposes. so they didnt get the major mainstream currents names for headliners and i know some peole look for that.

2. the rest of the lineup is very very strong! gogol, MIA, flogging, the verve, etc,etc. alot of choices so im very happy with that

3. im there. the whole point of coachellla for me is 3 days in the sun, drinking, vacationing, and listening to good music. there is enough here to sell me on it so im in!:) see u there people! ok what do u think...

I pretty much agree with you on all of this.

JJ is the worst thing to ever happen to coachella. Portishead and Kraftwork are great, but not big headliners IMO. and there are a ton of great smaller bands that will keep me busy. I just wish they had some bigger names so I wouldnt have to spend so much time trying to explain to my friends who portishead and kraftwork are. Roger Waters will be fun.

If Bonnaroo is better though, I may have to skip the coach, but I cant really see myself doing that...ever. Although I didnt ever think I'd see JJ headling either. Seriously, what has this world come to when JJ is headling Coachella.

microlovebeat
01-21-2008, 03:12 PM
what a letdown.

i mean come on................JACK JOHNSON????? ROGER WATERS???

my god what a waste of anxiousness.

weakest coachella ever.

gratytrainridesagain
01-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Portishead,Pendulum,Kraftwerk,and Fatboy Slim are the only ones that have me excited. The Waters show is amazing but I've seen it before, I'm sure I'll end up going it's not that bad but do need some sub-headliners.

ShyGuy75
01-21-2008, 03:13 PM
If Coachella East didn't exist, the linup would be more stacked as far as the headliners go. I would bet that Radiohead will do the Coachella East, which makes me sad.

SnowShoe
...the headliners are not strong at all. jack johnson is someone i will pass on, Portishead is cool but not the main act, roger waters will be cool to watch only for nostalgia purposes. so they didnt get the major mainstream currents names for headliners and i know some peole look for that.

Roger Waters is epic, I agree. It's hard to knock a live Pink Floyd show at the Polo Fields, even if it doesn't include the remaining members. The middle of the lineup is good, if not great.

But Jack Johnson and Portishead as Fri/Sat headliners is weak compared with previous years. I would guess that some other headliners fell through at the last minute.

Either that, or AEG/Goldenvoice is looking to profit more this year so that it can bankroll it's east coast festival.

Brother Plainview

The lineup this year seems to lack the "rock" factor that most previous years had. (Although I haven't researched it fully yet)

I am holding out hope for Band of Horses and mgmt. If those two are on the poster, my wishes are granted.

They did say MGMT.

orbit
01-21-2008, 03:14 PM
I need to see the poster with the complete lineup. I dont wanna give a bad opinion right now.

woogie846
I'm not going to say my opinion until the full line up is out and I see it on a poster.

fsm10
Weakest Coachella Headliners EVER. I'm one of those in the generation gap that wouldn't be able to hum a pink floyd song if a gun was to my head. I can't even recall what Portishead sounds like without going to youtube.

Anyone else notice how nervous Paul Tollett was when announcing everything. It's almost as if he knows he dropped the ball with the headline acts. Maybe that's why there's no pre-sale. They're expecting less attendance.

The undercard is pretty good though, but is that enough? Makes me almost want Kanye, No Doubt, and R.E.M.

cansei de ser sexme
01-21-2008, 03:15 PM
dan le sac will break havoc

waxybk
I think the whole Coachella experience is amazing! Not just the artists that are there. At the same time, I am not all that excited with the lineup. I do think that Portishead and Kraftwerk are great and I would LOVE to see them perform...and there are some other acts that I would go see also.

Its definitely up in the air if I will go or not.

joppy-slow
definitely failed on the headliners.. Portishead and Jack Johnson are very lame headliners.. Roger Waters will be excellent.. excited for him to play cuts off the Wall..

I think the dance line-up is weaaakkkkkkk, Pendulum, Diplo, Deadmau5 are about the only dance acts that sound fresh at the moment..

very excited about the lower tier bands, National, Calvin Harris (hell yeah), Hot Chip again..

overall 6.5 / 10

Cancersticks1
01-21-2008, 03:16 PM
After listening through all that nonsense I basically feel like I slammed my dick in a drawer. Portishead, Kraftwerk, Love & Rockets, great. Early day acts, mostly good but a lot of repeats and common choices. There was so much anticipation this year and they just ripped our hearts out and showed them to us. I may still go, I have to talk it over with my group, see what they think, but if we do, it's out of tradition alone, by no means from the strength of this anemic fucking lineup.

ghettojournalist

MGMT is confirmed. no Band of Horses though...yet.

RageAtLast
After last year's awesome RATM reunion I think any headliners weren't going to be so attractive - but there look to be some top acts on the under card so I'm checking out flights soon!

Mr.Wyndham
01-21-2008, 03:17 PM
i hate coachella east now.

johnnystar
01-21-2008, 03:17 PM
tollet in the press conference didnt he say he had some tricks up his selve i wonder what they are

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 03:18 PM
I pretty much agree with you on all of this.

JJ is the worst thing to ever happen to coachella. Portishead and Kraftwork are great, but not big headliners IMO. and there are a ton of great smaller bands that will keep me busy. I just wish they had some bigger names so I wouldnt have to spend so much time trying to explain to my friends who portishead and kraftwork are. Roger Waters will be fun.

If Bonnaroo is better though, I may have to skip the coach, but I cant really see myself doing that...ever. Although I didnt ever think I'd see JJ headling either. Seriously, what has this world come to when JJ is headling Coachella.

I agree with Sex an co on all of this.

Here is my take (from another post)

After going to every year since Coachella started, including 1999, I am seriously disappointed for the first time. By far the weakest early line-up we've seen imo.

The overall line up is fine I guess, but the undercard is what makes it that way. The headliners aren't really headliners are they? I love (LOVE!) the Verve - but even I know thats no headliner here in the US, not in 2008. Portishead almost but not quite, esp without a new record to date. Then we have J Johnson, so horrid of a choice its almost unbelievable, I thought it was a joke when I first heard. When you sell your festival - you do it by selling the headliners first, in 2004 it was Coachella 2004 featuring Radiohead and The Cure, not 2004 Coachella featuring Junior Senior and Thursday!!!

There are some bright spots of course, Gogol, Kraftwerk, Les Savy Fav, Diplo, Devotchka, Justice, amongst others, but most acts have played in the last year or two, so those who go every year get basically a few good repeats and shitty headline choices. If this is a first Coachella, then I'm sure its gonna be great, for those of us who know better - we might choose to go elsewhere, who knows, I can't speak for everyone?

I thought in 2004 Coachella might have "jumped the shark" to coin an old phrase... but the past years have proven the nay-sayers wrong over and over again. 2005, 06, 07, have given us great line ups with great HEADLINERS and continued the Coachella excitement from the moment the announcements were made. This year this IS NOT the case. 2008 is the first diappointing year, line up wise and its a year we finally see Coachella become one of the bunch.

There's no way it can't be fun though... whether or not is gets us hardcore fans excited is another story - it seems it hasn't to this point.

So how good is Bonnaroo gonna look, or Vineland, or V, or Lolla, or the East Coast version for that matter? When you have people waiting on other festivals and theior lineups - you have failed in one way or another. Point is, in a year when the US festival circuit is gonna be very crowded and even more competitive, Coachella decided to put in their second string.

karecares
01-21-2008, 03:18 PM

this is how i feel also.

I saw Roger Waters at Live Earth, but doing a full dark side set will be an awsome experience, even if i'm not as excited for them now as i will be when i get there.

oddlockset
01-21-2008, 03:19 PM
I couldn't be happier, honestly. Out of only the bands he announced so far, I want to see about 80% of them. Might cause for some conflicts, but I don't care.

pandaroo
01-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Paul Tollett said he had a few tricks up their sleeve. There better be something to save friday because Jack Johnson is Bullshit! even the subheadliners are shitty. If it wasnt for NJ we could have Radiohead.
The reason why I will be going:
Portishead, (hopefully w/ lil orchestra) Animal Collective, Justice, Mum, M.I.A, Battles, Spiritualized, Madness, Manman, Kraftwerk, The Field, Holy Fuck

Wheres Mars Volta and Broken Social Scene? How many bands are announced?

firesuite
01-21-2008, 03:20 PM

i'm having a really hard time with jack johnson, and portishead seems like a perfect subheadliner... but overall i was underwhelmed by the lineup. some really strong acts lower on the bill, but that's tradition.

that being said, i really appreciate your positivity here. i am not mad about the lineup, just.. again, underwhelmed. i'm driving with a group of my best friends from tucson, az and staying in a condo a mile away. the focus should be on the experience, and not the "brand recognition" that everyone has come to expect.

if you want to meet up with us and just enjoy the experience, i invite you. cause it's all about the people this year.

SometimesNJ
01-21-2008, 03:21 PM

someone in the chat room said MGMT will be there. i think he didnt mention them.

shakermaker113
01-21-2008, 03:22 PM
where the F is morrissey? and david byrne?

whatever. 2/3 days don't have headliners as far as I'm concerned.

MassiveChemicalPunk
How can you compare this:

04: Radiohead and The Cure
05: Coldplay and NIN
06: Depeche Mode and Tool
07: Bjork, RHCP, RATM
08.......................................... Jack Johnson, Portishead, Roger Waters..............

Can i ask........

WHAT . THE . FUCK ?

Cancersticks1
definitely failed on the headliners.. Portishead and Jack Johnson are very lame headliners.. Roger Waters will be excellent.. excited for him to play cuts off the Wall..

I think the dance line-up is weaaakkkkkkk, Pendulum, Diplo, Deadmau5 are about the only dance acts that sound fresh at the moment..

very excited about the lower tier bands, National, Calvin Harris (hell yeah), Hot Chip again..

overall 6.5 / 10

I didn't hear or see calvin harris anywhere? is that true?

shakermaker113
01-21-2008, 03:24 PM
oh, and I'd like to point out the fact that Underworld has not been mentioned yet.

nalfsen
01-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Anyone else notice how nervous Paul Tollett was when announcing everything. It's almost as if he knows he dropped the ball with the headline acts.

Yeah, it sounded like Neil Hamburger reading off those headliners.

I normally don't care about headliners anyway, so the lineup still looks pretty good to me so far...

faxman75
01-21-2008, 03:25 PM
1. Roger Water's should be pretty awesome, I don't care that much for the rest

2. Fucking amazing under cards

3. 3 days of camping and listening to awesome music in the sun = an amazing vacation for me

Word!

Roger Waters is going to be EPIC! Under the stars after three days of kick ass music. This is the best lineup I have seen! I feel so alone saying that but I don't give a fuck, this lineup is great!

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 03:26 PM
oh, and I'd like to point out the fact that Underworld has not been mentioned yet.

Are they playing?

I heard they were going to do the NY one.

microlovebeat
01-21-2008, 03:26 PM
dude the lineup sucks. are you blind or just in complete fucking denial?

i'm pissed.

dethroned
01-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Jack Johnson is just unforgivable, especially when you consider past headliners. I still can't get over that one.

Rhymes with "the"
01-21-2008, 03:27 PM
The Verve, The Breeders, Portishead, Kraftwerk, Dwight Yokam, Cold War Kids, Roger Waters, Justice, Amimal Collective, Devotchka, UNKLE, Spiritualized, The Cinematic Orchestra.

Did I hear Metric was gonna be there?

I'm stoked!

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Word!

Roger Waters is going to be EPIC! Under the stars after three days of kick ass music. This is the best lineup I have seen! I feel so alone saying that but I don't give a fuck, this lineup is great!

I'm glad you are excited, the Roger thing is cool - not my cup of tea, but I get it - God knows you don't have far to travel - that helps...

but seriously this is the best lineup you've seen - or are you just saying that?

MeowMixer
Jack Johnson + Roger Waters = Momchella + Dadchella= Coachella 2008 = Mexicoachella

shakermaker113

Are they playing?

it's seems that they're not. yet somebody around here was convinced they would be...

shotglass75

FUCKING EXACTLY!!!!!!

Fatboy Slim in the tent is going to be packed because Jack Johnson is going to get his ass served to him

microlovebeat
01-21-2008, 03:29 PM
I glad you are excited the Roger thign is cool - not my cup of tea, but I get it - God knows you don't have far to travel - that helps...

but seriously this is the best lineup you've seen - or are you just saying that?

HE'S IN DENIAL, HAVING A COMPLETE MENTAL BREAKDOWN.

the lineup blows.

C DUB YA
Jack Johnson is just unforgivable, especially when you consider past headliners. I still can't get over that one.

me either - UNBELIEVABLE!

humanoid
Definitely going to reserve my opinion until I have much more info to be base it on

ShyGuy75
Are they playing?

So Coachella East would get Underworld and Radiohead?

More power to the marketers of Goldenvoice. Knowing that Coachella will sell out regardless because of their fanbase, and then throtle the east coast mind's with those two!?!

As a business man, Bravo I say!

humanoid
01-21-2008, 03:30 PM
I do have to say Portishead should be awesome, assuming they still remember any of their songs!

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 03:31 PM
I couldn't be happier, honestly. Out of only the bands he announced so far, I want to see about 80% of them. Might cause for some conflicts, but I don't care.

if you couldn't be happier then you haven't been before.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-21-2008, 03:31 PM
dude the lineup sucks. are you blind or just in complete fucking denial?

i'm pissed.

im sad. not pissed. sad. guess ill make the trip next year.

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 03:32 PM

More power to the marketers of Goldenvoice. Knowing that Coachella will sell out regardless because of their fanbase, and then throtle the east coast mind's with those two!?!

As a business man, Bravo I say!

Thats what I've heard... and yeah smart on the business side of things... I can see it now - ATT presents the Mojave Tent.

MDupree
there are, essentially, two ways to plan a day at Coachella:

1) Camp out the main stage with some friends all day enduring whatever random irrelevance is tossed up there until the headliner plays (at which point you'll be crammed in by the crowd so hard you'll start sweating diamonds)
2) Wander around catching a solid schedule of wonderful undercard bands and then break out the binoculars to watch the main acts from halfway across the grounds.

As a devoted disciple of the latter method, I'm relieved to not have to go anywhere near the "headliners." And another big plus: no prominent headliners means no big headliner-oriented crowds. Last year's RATM crowd almost killed the experience for me. Seriously kids, there is a world of attire outside the realm of black denim. And let's not even go into the Tool and NIN fans...

But by all means, don't go if you don't want to. Just don't pretend you'll be missed.

MeowMixer

As a business man, Bravo I say! AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!
YOU'RE RIGHT AND I HATE IT.
Damnation to Jerseychella.

faxman75
I'm glad you are excited, the Roger thing is cool - not my cup of tea, but I get it - God knows you don't have far to travel - that helps...

Nope. I'm probably not as educated as most on the bands that appear. I end up regretting I missed bands a year later because that's when I get into to them. However I attended the Coldplay, weezer, wilco day 2005. Then the whole fest in 2006 and 2007. So far this year has the most bands I am interested in.

I'm lucky I know who the national is LOL. I love them though so they are on my list. Portishead is huge for me. Roger Waters is fucking epic and he still has it. I can literally name tons and I havne't been able to name more than maybe 8-10 in years past.

shakermaker113
I'm satisfied. I'm not pissing myself. but I'm satisfied.

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 03:34 PM
But by all means, don't go if you don't want to. Just don't pretend you'll be missed.

Don't worry lurker, a few of vets us prolly won't go, some will - but that doesn't mean we're not disappointed.

faxman75
FUCKING EXACTLY!!!!!!

Fatboy Slim in the tent is going to be packed because Jack Johnson is going to get his ass served to him

Word.

Trick Loves The Kids
The dance and hip-hop bands are SEVERELY lacking. Spankrock is the biggest rap act? Puhleaseee. And the Sahara line up seems pretty weak too.

MeowMixer
01-21-2008, 03:35 PM
there are, essentially, two ways to plan a day at Coachella:

1) Camp out the main stage with some friends all day enduring whatever random irrelevance is tossed up there until the headliner plays (at which point you'll be crammed in by the crowd so hard you'll start sweating diamonds)
2) Wander around catching a solid schedule of wonderful undercard bands and then break out the binoculars to watch the main acts from halfway across the grounds.

As a devoted disciple of the latter method, I'm relieved to not have to go anywhere near the "headliners." And another big plus: no prominent headliners means no big headliner-oriented crowds. Last year's RATM crowd almost killed the experience for me. Seriously kids, there is a world of attire outside the realm of black denim. And let's not even go into the Tool and NIN fans...

You're right also. The undercards are amazing. I only got to see half of justice last year anywhay. Whe whill have a good time.

faxman75
01-21-2008, 03:36 PM
I didn't get to see Justice last year so I will check them out this year.

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Nope. I'm probably not as educated as most on the bands that appear. I end up regretting I missed bands a year later because that's when I get into to them. However I attended the Coldplay, weezer, wilco day 2005. Then the whole fest in 2006 and 2007. So far this year has the most bands I am interested in.

I'm lucky I know who the national is LOL. I love them though so they are on my list. Portishead is huge for me. Roger Waters is fucking epic and he still has it. I can literally name tons and I havne't been able to name more than maybe 8-10 in years past.

Well put - you are going to have a ton of fun. For me though, I can't pull the triiger on the (sorta expensive) trip this year from Ohio based on this line-up, first time that has happened since I went to the 1999 Coachella. Portishead was almost enough, but i was hoping for one final push to get me off the fence and it didn't happen, I've seen Roger and like I said, not my cup of tea.

algunz
01-21-2008, 03:39 PM

Yeah, this is the one that disappoints me the most.

But, I'll be there regardless of the line-up and to be honest I'm all for a smaller crowd.

gorazd
I cannot fly in from Europe for this line up .

Gosh, I have even a complementary ticket for this year ... hm

C DUB YA
The dance and hip-hop bands are SEVERELY lacking. Spankrock is the biggest rap act? Puhleaseee. And the Sahara line up seems pretty weak too.

Yeah.

Its like they took every good act on the underbill from last year and said - do it again.

I need more than that - there's no effort in that GV!

I knew this shit was coming when MBV wasn't coming.

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 03:40 PM

But, I'll be there regardless of the line-up and to be honest I'm all for a smaller crowd.

The days of smaller crowds are long gone.

Sexecutioner
01-21-2008, 03:42 PM

im with you. although im bummed that they couldnt get better headliners, the plus side is its one less conflict i have to worry about, and also maybe this will mean less people there?

still though...JACK FUCKING JOHNSON??? :poo

faxman75
Gotcha. It is pricey. As you said my location makes it a nobrainer for me. I love the fest and I learn more about bands from it than I do anywhere else. I look back at past headliners and I didn't care a whole lot about many.

Depeche mode? coldplay? I actually dug Tool and watched Rage for the curiousity factor. I skipped Red Hot chili Peppers for LCD Soundsystem.

Portishead is going to be great. I'm stoked as the kids say.

Ritestyl
I haven't seen anything that seals the deal for me. There are several great bands, but I've seen most of them numerous times already, and so far it's not enough to justify the (pretty huge) expense.

agreed

Sexecutioner
01-21-2008, 03:43 PM
The days of smaller crowds are long gone.

not if they keep making lineups like this...

Ritestyl
01-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Fatboy Slim better come to SF

ADrunkPoet
01-21-2008, 03:44 PM
In a word....

Coachella 2008 is lacking.

microlovebeat
even the poster looks severely half assed.

east coast coachella = horrible west coast coachella

end of story.

bludevil007
somebody call David Gilmour and tell him to get his ass to the desert - floyd reunion would make up for any other lack of headlining material. But Waters alone, although his show is fantastic, has been playing all year. If you havent seen him in your home town and were a fan i'd be shocked. i saw him in msg and it was great, and i'm sure it'll be great in the desert too, but it's just the same old thing.

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 03:46 PM
I expect to see something like this in a month or two...
Goldenvoice presents:
THE 2008 LIBERTY FESTIVAL (AKA NY/NJ COACHELLA)

Friday
Daft Punk, Jay Z, A Tribe Called Quest, The Verve, Basement Jaxx, Super Furry Animals,

Saturday
Radiohead, Pulp (reunion), Underworld, Chemical Brothers, Aphex Twin, Modest Mouse

Sunday
David Bowie, Sex Pistols, Portishead, My Bloody Valentine, Wilco, Justice

shootingstar630
01-21-2008, 03:47 PM
i gotta say great lineup but no wow factor this year....

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 03:50 PM
even the poster looks severely half assed.

where is that?

joppy-slow
01-21-2008, 03:50 PM

yeah.. the dance line-up is severly lacking.. Dimitri from Paris (yawnnnnnnn), haven't Sasha and Digweed been played out.... Boyz Noize (way overrated)...

Notice their are no epic turntablists??? No DJ Craze, Scratch Pervertz, etc...

No Groove Armada, Chems, Prodigy, Armin Van Buuren, Above and Beyond, Underworld..

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 03:51 PM
yeah.. the dance line-up is severly lacking.. Dimitri from Paris (yawnnnnnnn), haven't Sasha and Digweed been played out.... Boyz Noize (way overrated)...

Notice their are no epic turntablists??? No DJ Craze, Scratch Pervertz, etc...

No Groove Armada, Chems, Prodigy, Armin Van Buuren, Above and Beyond, Underworld..

Oh we noticed.

Shogun
01-21-2008, 03:54 PM
This is totally disappointing. I'm not asking for the world, but like someone else mentioned, I think shakermaker, 2/3 days pretty much don't have headliners.

If Portishead wasn't there I wouldn't be going.

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 03:56 PM
well they are and I'm not going. That speaks volumes.

algunz
01-21-2008, 03:58 PM
I'd even take No Doubt or Green Day as a headliner over Jack Johnson.

orbit
01-21-2008, 03:59 PM
What happen with Goldfrapp?

frozen pilgrim
01-21-2008, 04:00 PM
to be honest, there are about as many bands whose names I recognize this year as there were last. last year what made my festival experience was just wandering around, asking random strangers who they were on their way to see, staying at a stage to see the next act even though I'd never heard of them, seeing what my friends wanted to, spending time at the do lab and dome stages (which aren't on the poster- and last year, the dome lineup sunday night was amazing), and also- seeing stuff I'd been introduced to through this board.
I'm not sorry at all about jack johnson headlining in the same way I didn't mind that Tiesto the turntablist-phobic talentless corpse of a wannabe DJ headlined saturday night- although he did manage to bleed into the good, the bad, and the queen's set. damon albarn had a few choice words to say about tiesto as well.
anyways, I'm still coming.
and I also expect that there'll be a big-ish name or two to be announced after the first block of tickets sell.
it's a solid bit of business logic. die hard festival fans will still come, (and coachella is founded on a base of not just attendees, but supporters, really, I think), and then after the first ten or fifteen thousand tickets go, they announce someone big and showy and sell the rest to
a) the rest of the reluctant festival goers
b) fans of whatever the big showy act is
but even if nothing gets added I can see myself being happy for three days.

DrDank551
01-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Im there, besides we still have a magic sleeve trick on the way, surprise additions, and this word going around that the Justice set will be in par to that of Daft Punks, so lets sit back and relax, at least til Friday

MeowMixer
01-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Goldenvoice presents:

Friday
Daft Punk, Jay Z, A Tribe Called Quest, The Verve, Basement Jaxx, Super Furry Animals,

Saturday
Radiohead, Pulp (reunion), Underworld, Chemical Brothers, Aphex Twin, Modest Mouse

Sunday

My anger is paralyzing, so could somebody pull out my hair for me?

a-noize
01-21-2008, 04:01 PM
I agree with most, this is a very weak lineup.
Surely this is a negative reaction to the east coast fest.

Jack Johnoson -What?
The Verve -Is OK
Portishead - Should have been Friday's headliner, still great!
Kraftwerk -Repeat, not a strong subheadliner!
Roger Waters - Amazing show!

The Sahara tent looks fun though, lot of LA nu rave influence!

I'm just not sure if its worth all the expense for this year still going to consider it for a while, I will definitively look into the Bonnaroo and East Coast alternative!

Cheers

MeowMixer
01-21-2008, 04:02 PM
A least we don't have to worry about tickets selling out in five minutes.

Shogun
01-21-2008, 04:13 PM
A least we don't have to worry about tickets selling out in five minutes.

Yes that's a big plus. I have to buy textbooks and might not be able to buy my tickets till mid February so it's good knowing I won't have to compete with hundreds of thousands of teenagers in front of their computers wearing camo-cargo shorts shouting "fuck you i won't do what you tell me" with their fingers in the air.

EDIT: Even the poser is pretty ugly.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k80/e_gonzalez987/l_e1fbe783beaabd4077026a4b543e4f3d.jpg

MarkO
01-21-2008, 04:35 PM
GV seem to have taken our request for less crowds at Coachella the wrong way.

SecretAgentX-9
01-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Jack Johnson - what the fuck GV come on. Not as many good bands as last year, but definately better dance music. I'm really excited for
FRIDAY
The National
Animal Collective
Battles
Aesop Rock
Minus The Bear

Saturday (although it's an incredibly weak day)
Portishead
St. Vincent
MGMT

Sunday
Roger Waters
My Morning Jacket
The Streets
Holy Fuck
Man Man
I'm From Barcelona
Manchester Orchestra

this year has some fucking awesome electronic/dance music
Fatboy Slim
Kraftwerk
SEbastiAn
Justice
Simian Mobile Disco
The Field

some other good ones I've heard but haven't checked much into.

Over all, I'm excited. Just what the fuck on Jack Johnson seriously.

pandaroo
01-21-2008, 04:46 PM
See. headliners are no big deal to me. But its really hard to brag about going to coachella w/ these headliners.
Also, Goldenvoice is shooting themselves in the foot. true music fans go for the smaller acts the mass go for headliners- how are they going to sell tix? My parents love Roger waters but they dont want to drive out to the desert on a Sunday to see him. so what market are they targeting?? Is Psychic friend even on the boards right now or is she too embaressed to come out

ghettojournalist
01-21-2008, 05:06 PM
what happened to Crystal Castles, Louis XIV, and UNKLE? i wouldn't see any of these bands, but they were confirmed by the LA Times.

the headliners are weird. this will be the first year where i will have to explain who each of them are to other people. that being said, there is still plenty of acts to see that weekend. i will living it up Saturday!!!

ShyGuy75
01-21-2008, 05:08 PM
I'd even take No Doubt or Green Day as a headliner over Jack Johnson.

Lets not get carried away here.

PrettyRagdoll
01-21-2008, 05:12 PM

I'd say it's equally horrible. At least No Doubt could just do the whole of Tragic Kingdom and Beacon St

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 05:15 PM

I d take those over JJ in a heartbeat

afrank
01-21-2008, 05:15 PM
I'd say it's equally horrible. At least No Doubt could just do the whole of Tragic Kingdom and Beacon St

agreed.

oddlockset
01-21-2008, 05:28 PM
I don't understand why everyone is so upset. Nobody is forcing you to go to Coachella. There's a lot of music festivals every year and there will probably be at least one with a lineup that will suit your musical tastes.

So instead of bitching about how bad the coachella lineup is, you could always... you know... go somewhere that you would have a good time.

SFChrissy
01-21-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm sooooo STOKED...Danny Tenaglie, kraftwerk, love and rockets!!! Holy fuck I'm having an orgasm!!!

victor831
01-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Worst coachella lineup that I can remember, there are a few exceptions of course but overall it is incredibly dissapointing and I'm being kind with my assesment I'm trying my best to hold my temper, jack johnson it is to put it simply an insult to the people who have supported this festival over the years, I guess with the overall lineup they are catering to a different demographic, oh man I'm so friggin' angry....

cloud9
01-21-2008, 05:55 PM
ell i ageree with c dub ya fitst post most of it i meaned obiosuyl not many good hedliner portis heads and kraftewerk for me are the good one wa tis this thinged about the verve who are these poelp must i ask a lot of poeple have it rihgt when sayed that the smaller band the betrer one that usaly the case but he y gues wat most of the smaler band this yer play in the past two yer so peple that alway go to a coachella say hmm already seed this band would like tos ee soemeone who actualyl new here so yea for poe e that had never been toa coachelals before maybe think this great that good for u also a lto of these band play in the la area in the past yer so probabl y seed them at some point i am no companling just stating my opioni n ususaly coachela help me sed these new band that never gette dthe chance to see and all sthis stuff and this year just not tha tmany yet of coursed like other people say it not just abou the music i realy love the poele and the art wrk and just hang out and there are ga good amoun of ban d that everyone could agere on just not as many as in the past so just say tha tam going as far as know but will hvae to ait and see how this one turned out

interpolado
01-21-2008, 06:23 PM
now that we have the line up.... we have to wait for the adds... surprises.. and great comebacks..

NeverMyopic
01-21-2008, 06:24 PM
I agree with Sex an co on all of this.

Here is my take (from another post)

After going to every year since Coachella started, including 1999, I am seriously disappointed for the first time. By far the weakest early line-up we've seen imo.

The overall line up is fine I guess, but the undercard is what makes it that way. The headliners aren't really headliners are they? I love (LOVE!) the Verve - but even I know thats no headliner here in the US, not in 2008. Portishead almost but not quite, esp without a new record to date. Then we have J Johnson, so horrid of a choice its almost unbelievable, I thought it was a joke when I first heard. When you sell your festival - you do it by selling the headliners first, in 2004 it was Coachella 2004 featuring Radiohead and The Cure, not 2004 Coachella featuring Junior Senior and Thursday!!!

There are some bright spots of course, Gogol, Kraftwerk, Les Savy Fav, Diplo, Devotchka, Justice, amongst others, but most acts have played in the last year or two, so those who go every year get basically a few good repeats and shitty headline choices. If this is a first Coachella, then I'm sure its gonna be great, for those of us who know better - we might choose to go elsewhere, who knows, I can't speak for everyone?

I thought in 2004 Coachella might have "jumped the shark" to coin an old phrase... but the past years have proven the nay-sayers wrong over and over again. 2005, 06, 07, have given us great line ups with great HEADLINERS and continued the Coachella excitement from the moment the announcements were made. This year this IS NOT the case. 2008 is the first diappointing year, line up wise and its a year we finally see Coachella become one of the bunch.

There's no way it can't be fun though... whether or not is gets us hardcore fans excited is another story - it seems it hasn't to this point.

So how good is Bonnaroo gonna look, or Vineland, or V, or Lolla, or the East Coast version for that matter? When you have people waiting on other festivals and theior lineups - you have failed in one way or another. Point is, in a year when the US festival circuit is gonna be very crowded and even more competitive, Coachella decided to put in their second string.

Very well written, I agree with you 100%. My wife and I (and our new son) probably will not go this year. And I do like a lot of the bands on the undercard (yes I mentioned this before), but there isn't a wow (I really want to see them) factor. And that wow factor doesn't have to be headliner.

NeverMyopic
01-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Goldenvoice presents:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

I would crawl there, with wife and son on my back, for that lineup!

Derekx
01-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Portishead and Kraftwerk on the same day. I hope there is no conflict.

Boourns
01-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Friday
Excited for: The Verve, The Raconteurs, Battles
Curious to check out: The Breeders, Fatboy Slim, Animal Collective, Dan Deacon, Modeselektor
Avoiding: Jack Johnson, Tegan and Sara, Madness, The National, Highly Stoopid, Jens Lekman

Saturday
Excited for: PORTISHEAD, Kraftwerk, Death Cab, Rilo Kiley, Islands, St. Vincent, Akron/Family
Curious to check out: MIA, Boyz Noise
Avoiding: Dwight Yoakam, Hot Chip, Cold War Kids, Flogging Molly, Turbonegro, UFFIE

Sunday
Excited for: Roger Waters, Spiritualized, Justice, Gogol Bordello, Metric
Curious to check out: Love and Rockets, Simian Mobile Disco, Sia, Black Kids
Avoiding: My Morning Jacket, Autolux, Les Savy Fav, Duffy

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Alright - I'll say it.

I am hopefull for East Coachella!

PrettyRagdoll
01-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Friday
Excited for: The Verve, The Raconteurs, Battles
Curious to check out: The Breeders, Fatboy Slim, Animal Collective, Dan Deacon, Modeselektor
Avoiding: Jack Johnson, Tegan and Sara, Madness, The National, Highly Stoopid, Jens Lekman

Saturday
Excited for: PORTISHEAD, Kraftwerk, Death Cab, Rilo Kiley, Islands, St. Vincent, Akron/Family
Avoiding: Dwight Yoakam, Hot Chip, Cold War Kids, Flogging Molly, Turbonegro, UFFIE

Sunday
Excited for: Roger Waters, Spiritualized, Justice, Gogol Bordello, Metric
Curious to check out: Love and Rockets, Simian Mobile Disco, Sia, Black Kids

Definitely check out M.I.A. And since you like Metric check out The Bird and the Bee.

But other then that... the shock of having JJ as a Headliner has worn off. I don't usually go for the headliner anyway and there are some otherwise good bands playing. So.... Can't wait. :)

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Friday
Excited for: The Verve
Curious to check out:Fatboy Slim, Animal Collective, Dan Deacon, Modeselektor

Saturday
Excited for: PORTISHEAD, Kraftwerk
Avoiding: Dwight Yoakam, Cold War Kids, Flogging Molly, Turbonegro, UFFIE

Sunday
Excited for:Spiritualized, Justice, Gogol Bordello,
Curious to check out: Love and Rockets, Simian Mobile Disco

we park our cars in the same garage.

Mr.Nipples
01-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Im still heartbroken about my bloody valentines absence...other than jack johnson headlining its a good lineup...

Aphxtwinin
01-21-2008, 06:48 PM
i can honestly see all the current headliners being moved either to the pre headliner slot or post headliner slot but since that is highly unlikely my other hope is that there are definetly no sahara tent headliners on that bill except for kraftwerk but they were said to be on the mainstage. I think all of pauls tricks are gonna be very sweet headliners for the sahara since the dance line up is pretty solid and solid sahara headliners would possibly save the fest for those of us who are sad pandas like myself. i guess im spoiled considering last year was my first but not really because all years prior i would consider to be just as awesome. what im most mad about is ticket prices, the line up disappointment would not be as bad if my total cost to just attend w/o airfare was 250 like last year and not ~340 what its gonna be this year

MonsoonSeason
01-21-2008, 06:51 PM
just like last year: No headliners, almost godlike otherwise

but how the fuck they playing kraftwerk and portishead on the same night? if it happens at the same time I will probably shoot myself in the face.

microcuts
01-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Portishead and Kraftwerk on the same day. I hope there is no conflict.

There won't be because they are both on the main stage. Kraftwerk will probably play after Portishead, like Tiesto did with RHCP last year. Paul's press announcement today said that Kraftwerk would be on the main stage with a huge production.

sweet3400
01-21-2008, 06:53 PM
quite a few bands I like but kind of avergae compared to most years

Bosco
01-21-2008, 07:11 PM
I like a lot of the lineup. However for me to travel from Chicago is very costly. And considering that many of the acts I would be planning to see on this years lineup are coming through Chicago before they hit Coachella, leaves me with no logical reason to fly out to California. Unfortunately, I'll be missing Kraftwerk, Portishead, Waters and other big names... which does leave me with regret... I just wish I had more money so these decisions weren't so hard.

Hopefully, something changes. But for now, sadly, I'm a no go.

Looking forward for Eastchella!

orbit
01-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Avoiding:

Friday: Jack Johnson
Saturday: Turbonegro
Sunday: My Morning Jacket (unless they play before the closing main stage act as usual -happened in Lolla and ACL. Ugh.)

Rhydz
01-21-2008, 07:23 PM
the focus should be on the experience, and not the "brand recognition" that everyone has come to expect.

that sounds like the exact opposite. you are disapointed with the line up but your are going anyway for the "exprerience" which in others is going for the sake of going to coachella

no offence but why not to go another american festival or evena euopean festival with a better line up. i garuntee the experience will be fresh and great, i am thinking of rock am ring or maybe reading. glasto is dead now, seems LA coachella is going down the same "brand name" path where they no longer need to put on a decent card to make money.

i can garuntee you one thing jack johnson is cheap. especially to headline a festival like coachella. this line up is cheap souly to maximise profit for the move east.

Derekx
01-21-2008, 07:31 PM
There won't be because they are both on the main stage. Kraftwerk will probably play after Portishead, like Tiesto did with RHCP last year. Paul's press announcement today said that Kraftwerk would be on the main stage with a huge production.

Nice! Thanks for the info.

JSam67
01-21-2008, 07:33 PM
just like last year: No headliners, almost godlike otherwise.

Really? I'd consider Bjork and Rage solid headliners. This year only Waters is a true headliner. I'm glad Portishead is there, but they're not really a headliner either (and Jack Johnson is a disgusting choice, must have had a few fall through before he ended up a headliner). Early impressions:

Friday: Excited for Fatboy Slim, Raconteurs (they were really great at Lolla -06); interested in Madness, the National, Animal Collective, Aesop Rock, Verve; will avoid Jack Johnson at all costs.

Saturday: Excited for Portishead, Kraftwerk, DCFC; interested in Rilo Kiley, Hot Chip, MGMT, Sasha & Digweed, Flogging Molly; will avoid Dwight Yoakam at all costs.

Sunday: Excited for Dark Waters of the Moon, Justice, Gogol Bordello, MMJ; interested in Annuals, Les Savy Fav, Spiritualized, Love & Rockets, Autolux, Holy Fuck, Man Man, Booka Shade; no feelings of resentment on this day (yet)

ultraslow
01-21-2008, 07:34 PM
sigh....underwhlemed...nothing that makes me wanna jump up and book a $500 flight like previous years. (plus the fest tix price has gone up, wha!!)

jack johnson?!? dwight yokam?!?! come onnnn

this year would suck azz if not for the Verve, Portishead, and the load of top-notch indie bands.

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 07:35 PM
I like a lot of the lineup. However for me to travel from Chicago is very costly. And considering that many of the acts I would be planning to see on this years lineup are coming through Chicago before they hit Coachella, leaves me with no logical reason to fly out to California. Unfortunately, I'll be missing Kraftwerk, Portishead, Waters and other big names... which does leave me with regret... I just wish I had more money so these decisions weren't so hard.

Right there with you Bosco!

Rhydz
01-21-2008, 07:36 PM
ive seen jack johnson headline a shit cheap festival in perth australia. even his loyal fans were bored shitless after 30 minutes.

kraftwerk. i love them. love listening to the cd's but as a live act they are again boring. but i agree with a few people see them whilst you can. if i wanted to see a boring live performance made better by a huge production i'd go see madona.

portishead i am stoked about but again as another person said they are hardly headline material but instead more suited to the slot before the main act. same for the verve.

and the raconteurs i can see them for $30 anytime. more convienient too. dont have to pay hundreds of dollars to fly to LA.

woogie846
01-21-2008, 07:36 PM
My God!

You guys are having cows over one act! I don't like Jack Johnson either, but no one is strapping me down and forcing me to watch his set because he's the first name on Friday.

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah but he will forever be "attached" to Coachella 08, and that sucks.

chiapet
01-21-2008, 07:40 PM
ive seen jack johnson headline a shit cheap festival in perth australia. even his loyal fans were bored shitless after 30 minutes.

Well, he'll probably headline against something far better in one of the tents. I have NO problem not liking headliners - I have faith in GV to put something interesting at one or more of the four other stages. I've only gone one year (last year) but seriously, there were only a couple of time slots during the whole weekend when I wasn't torn between two different sets I wanted to be. There WILL be enough to make it worth while.

imrad
01-21-2008, 07:42 PM

my feelings EXACTLY. except i doubt this all points west deal will leave us with the feeling coachella does. there's something about the west coast man...

Rhydz
01-21-2008, 07:42 PM
its not just jack johnson its the fact less money was spent on the artist so a lesser bill was delivered.

the promoters knew this and did it willingly to push the festival east.

its a slap in the face to the loyal punters who have made this festival what it is.

C DUB YA
01-21-2008, 07:44 PM
its not just jack johnson its the fact less money was spent on the artist so a lesser bill was delivered.

its a slap in the face to the loyal punters who have made this festival what it is.

Interesting viewpoint.

Seriously.

Bosco
01-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Right there with you Bosco!

time to start a new tradition, me thinks

Amneeziac
01-21-2008, 08:08 PM

This is exactly how I feel. I've been trying to put it into words for awhile, and this is perfect.

victor831
01-21-2008, 08:09 PM

I agree, I feel insulted I've supported and talked people into going in years past but sadly not this time, I'm so sad, I'll try and spot another festival and move on..

IdiotequeThom
01-21-2008, 08:10 PM
not as good as the last 2 years, but not bad

Memorial_07
01-22-2008, 05:36 AM
I'm quite surprised Flogging Molly is playing.
And Turbonegro is too, AND Gogol Bordello.

Coachella got some good punk bands this year!
And I still can't get over the Jack Johnson headlining thing.
That annoys me so much.

Oh and is Kraftwerk playing the main stage?

erniemm
01-22-2008, 06:26 AM
I agree, I feel insulted I've supported and talked people into going in years past but sadly not this time, I'm so sad, I'll try and spot another festival and move on..

feeling the same...

erniemm
01-22-2008, 06:30 AM
I could say this time not all points west...

I'll wait for the APW lineup.

luveebunni08
01-22-2008, 06:49 AM
there's a number of bands on the poster that i've been listening to for the past couple of weeks (thanks to our message board music gurus) and i'm put at a level of happy to go but not overwhelmingly excited. roger waters and portishead will be amazing but they aren't the main draw for me. coachella is just plain worth it.

i'm counting on what tollet said at the press conference about having some tricks up their sleeves. the lineup was only disappointing because of all the hype, but it'll look better as the months go on. (this is coming from a person who wasn't excited about the festival prior to the lineup announcement)

missmodular818
01-22-2008, 09:50 AM
PLEASE ADD ANY OF THE FOLLOWING!!!! PLEASE!!!! I BEG YOU!!! I LIVE IN INDIO AND ALWAYS GET SCUNKED EACH FRIGGIN YEAR!!!! IS COACHELLA FOR HIPPIES and 19 YR OLD SCENESTERS ONLY?? WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE LIKE ME??

BOOK THESE BANDS:

BAND OF HORSES
BESNARD LAKES
ANTONY AND THE JOHNSONS (W/ BOY GEORGE OR DEVENDRA BARHART)
SUFJAN STEVENS
THE SHINS
CLINIC
BEIRUT (COME ON... 2 TOP ALBUMS FOR 2007 ON PITCHFORK!)
GRIZZLY BEAR
SIGUR ROS
WILCO
YO LA TENGO
EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY
MY BLOODY VALENTINE
RADIOHEAD (HEADLINES FRIDAY & THOM SINGS ON MODESELEKTORS SET)
GOLDFRAPP (HEADLINES SUNDAY)
DAFT PUNK

AND WHERE'S THE HIP HOP???
WU-TANG CLAN
MADVILLIAN

Rhydz
01-22-2008, 09:51 AM
too funny

missmodular818
01-22-2008, 09:59 AM
how so??

SFChrissy
01-22-2008, 10:28 AM

Ohhh my...that news just made my day...the thought of missing any of death cab to kraftwerk to portishead is almost crushing but all three of them on the mainstage...I can just chill and be in sheeer bliss!!!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-22-2008, 10:30 AM
as someone who has been going every year since 2001...I have so much to say but I can't say it now...at work so can't type too much...but I will be writing something big...

SnowShoe
01-22-2008, 11:00 AM
it's not just jack johnson, its the fact less money was spent on the artists so a lesser bill was delivered.

it's a slap in the face to the loyal punters who have made this festival what it is.

Someone wrote upthread that Jack Johnson is cheap, but whether you personally like JJ or not, he can probably sell more tickets than almost anyone on the lineup the last few years (except Rage, Waters, Madonna.) From just a "tickets sold on the west coast" standpoint, he's bigger than Beasties, Tool, NIN, Cure, Lips.

Three things might have happened this year:

1. Goldenvoice struck out when trying to book the headliners. When that happened, they needed someone to headline, so they booked Jack.

2. The possible headliners tried to charge too much money (since there are 10 big festivals in US, not just 2 anymore). Even though the acts have loyalty to GV, the newness factor of playing Coachella has worn off, and Lollapalooza may pay better.

3. AEG, which owns GV, looked at the books and told GV that they needed to cut back on the cost of bands, especially if they wanted to add the NYC Fest.

Not sure if I can blame Goldenvoice for the apparent weakness of the lineup until we know all the facts.

Weatherman
01-22-2008, 11:04 AM
I remember hearing the new JJ song a few weeks back and thinking "What if this guy is playing Coachella?" Not that I wanted it to happen but I'm not really surprised.

bootlegchild
01-22-2008, 11:23 AM
In my opinion, this lineup has to be the weakest coachella lineup up to date. There are some strong acts, but this doesn't seem like the real thing. Maybe we were expecting too much; maybe it's harder to set this up then we think. But c'mon they had a fucking year to do this....and I think if they're going for money they'll get their money....but they still could have done better. I know for a fact that there are a significant amount of people who are not going anymore. I may go day 1, but definitely NOT to see Jack Johnson.

normalone75
01-22-2008, 11:29 AM
I like Portishead, but do YALL think they are a headliner really? I picture them on the main stage in a massive attack time slot. Not even headlining on the outdoor stage, and down with JJ and Roger Waters! go see chromeo, uffie, hot chip, santogold and diplo! God, there are a lot of DJ electro acts. What is going on. I think GV didint want to spend any dollars this year. wtf. I will still be there. They are sure getting alot of flack on their myspace page though!

brassneck
01-22-2008, 12:54 PM
I like many of the bands on the lineup, but like many above, the cost to travel and stay in the Inland Empire merits a mind-blowing lineup (like '07).

Nothing like stating the obvious, but I think GV will struggle to sell this one. Granted, I can't fault them for not booking expensive acts - the Roger Waters show at Summerfest had a $100 ticket face value.

carokube
01-22-2008, 01:09 PM
anyways, i'll be back on the message board in a couple of weeks when all the haters stop coming on to hate. it's okay to be dissappointed, i'm a little too, but i'm still going and i'd prefer to be pumped about it.

JBird
01-22-2008, 01:26 PM
I agree... the line-up I think will perk up after the added artists are announced, but as far as the non-headliners are concerned; it is a pretty solid list. Theres quite of few bands I'm pretty stoked about.

Alchemy
01-22-2008, 02:12 PM
1. Spiritualized

2. Stars

3. "Our house! In the middle of our street!"

4. Bittersweet Symphony out in the Empire Polo Fields is heavenly.

5. The Swell Season

6. Portishead

7. Dark Side of the Moon is going to be the craziest thing ever. I heard this gig is going to literally be in the sky.