PDA

View Full Version : BOOK UR HOTEL NOW!!

scoop49er
01-19-2008, 02:58 PM
for some of u who r new, once the lineup is announced, the rooms are gonna go quick!. staying in palm springs is not bad at all if u cannot find something close. good luck to you and book now!!

HunterGather
01-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Done and done.
Would have liked to be REAL close, but 12 miles away ain't that bad, eh?

pandaroo
01-19-2008, 03:01 PM
get a condo w/ your friends. its nicer and practically the same price

fatbastard
01-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Done weeks ago. Get a confirmation and speak to the manager. You don't want to deal with a hotel that will drop you in order to get a higher price.

nocigarettes
01-19-2008, 03:16 PM
booked mine. 4 miles away --yeayeahhhhh!
yeah make sure to call back in and double check on that confirmation. someone stupid might of fucked something up with your reservation.

HunterGather
01-19-2008, 03:25 PM
where at nocigs?
How much? Just curious.
I found the condos n such that close were either booked or too damn expensive (and thats splitting between 5 people).

nocigarettes
01-19-2008, 03:30 PM
where at nocigs?
How much? Just curious.
I found the condos n such that close were either booked or too damn expensive (and thats splitting between 5 people).

the last 2 years we camped but we wanted to do hotels this year. that sun in the fucken morning is crazy.

the closest i found that still wasnt booked back when i tried was Motel 6. My group basically wanted the least expensive spot. booked it a while back. we're gonna be there all weekend. ill be there in my short shorts hahah.

fatbastard
01-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Call the morning before checking in and ask for a room away from any stairs, evelvators, ice machines, or soda machines. Tell them you suffer from insomnia.

nocigarettes
01-19-2008, 03:38 PM
if that pool is filthy im gonna trip.

coming in to check in i imagine is gonna be a bitch. everyone is gonna show up at around the same time. im just hoping they have lots of workers that know how to work the computers.

HunterGather
01-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Yeah, by now Motel 6 is crazy with prices. Even split with several people.
But a friend of mine reserved a Marriott room 12 miles away.
How's the traffic getting there in the morning?
I already figure it's hell getting out.

nocigarettes
01-19-2008, 03:44 PM
yeah i remember i got the last open spot when i called. yeah getting out is a bitch. my cousin didnt camp last year and he was totally mad he didnt camp, each night they spent over an hour trying to get out of the parking lots. whatever, comfortable beds will be a change.

it's cool though cause i have friends coming in from san francisco who are also staying at motel 6. so it's gonna be bumpin after we all get back.

fatbastard
01-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Traffice is horrible around 3:00PM-4:00PM.

BROKENDOLL
01-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Yeah, I live right on Monroe and do periodic peeks over the wall to check traffic flow...mild in the morning, but by 4pm, expect a hold up...

coughcoughing
01-20-2008, 11:48 PM
yeayuh booked motel 6 today...hope it isn't too gnarly, it was sooo cheap!

Mr.Nipples
01-21-2008, 12:57 AM
BOOK UR HOTEL NOW!!
FUCK NO!!!

DFrank
01-21-2008, 01:09 AM
While you guys spent hundreds of dollars on hotels, i just slept in my car. I actually walked in to one of the hotels and told one of the (mexican) ladys cleaning the rooms if i could go back in my room to take a quick shower. Worked perfectly ;-)

luveebunni08
01-21-2008, 04:46 AM
the place i usually stay i reserve the room in sept, roughly, and can change the dates if necessary. planning ahead rules.

Harrisment
01-21-2008, 07:03 AM
the place i usually stay i reserve the room in sept, roughly, and can change the dates if necessary. planning ahead rules.

Where do you usually stay? This is my first time and I'm staying in Cathedral City, hopefully thats a decent area.

elChurro
01-21-2008, 07:40 AM
cathedral city = ghetto, sorry.

waxybk
01-21-2008, 07:47 AM
We usually have a sweet hook up for a condo in Palm Desert. Relatively close and the place was beautiful. This year we don't have the hook up, so we are staying in Palm Springs, a bit of a drive but a well worth it sacrafice. We got a good deal on the price, anywhere close to the event was CRAZY expensive.

brando4n82
01-21-2008, 08:11 AM
yeah i remember i got the last open spot when i called. yeah getting out is a bitch. my cousin didnt camp last year and he was totally mad he didnt camp, each night they spent over an hour trying to get out of the parking lots. whatever, comfortable beds will be a change.

you said it. I camped my first three years, and then got a hotel room last year. WOW, whatever the wait is to get out of the parking lot is WELL worth coming back to a nice bed to sleep in, and waking up in 24/7 A/C versus the desert sun. SO worth it. so glad im going this year with someone that has a timeshare in indio, WITH A POOOOOOOOL! booked and booked. just gotta pay 100$ for cleaning fee, but thatll be split in 4, $25 per person for all three days.

heatherxxll
01-21-2008, 08:24 AM
last year I booked my room at the Palm Springs Motel 6 IMMEDIATELY after the lineup was announced. The only thing available was a 1 bed for 4 peeps...but when we got there they miraculously had a room with 2 beds available for us to switch.

Last July, I booked another Motel 6 room, but in Indio, much closer this time :) It won't get me out of driving, but I'll appreciate not having to drive as far.

Harrisment
01-21-2008, 08:35 AM
cathedral city = ghetto, sorry.

Seriously? Oh well.

Alchemy
01-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Booked that beast months ago when we found the dates.

makalika
01-21-2008, 08:05 PM
For the best travel options out there and group travel, check out makalika travel & leisure (http://travel.makalika.biz).

http://www.bevelmatt.com/image/ytb/network.png (http://travel.makalika.biz)

Also, check out our MySpace page dedicated to the Coachella Music Festival. It's called Secret Coachella (http://myspace.com/secretcoachella).
We will be updating this page with tips and tricks on how to make the most of your Coachella experience. Stay Tuned!

bakersfield
01-22-2008, 07:49 PM
If you are staying towards LA, the hotels get way cheaper in Beaumont. Which is about 40 minutes away.