PDA

View Full Version : Who else has had Coachella Invade their Dreams this past week?

Pages : [1] 2

brando4n82
01-19-2008, 10:51 AM
ME!

I was partying in the Sahara tent, but didnt know who was playing. It was great...until I woke up

Heresy
01-19-2008, 01:18 PM
There's a similar thread on the MISC board...or whatever it is.

As I said in that one, I don't think I'm THAT hardcore of a Coachella fan to have such dreams.

Oh well.

superfiction
01-19-2008, 05:42 PM
DUDE me.

amyzzz
01-19-2008, 05:44 PM
I have coachella dreams all year but more around this time of year.

Cancersticks1
01-19-2008, 05:47 PM
I posted this in another thread but I'll put it here too:

I had a dream that I had bought tickets during a presale and when the lineup was announced it turned out that Kurt Cobain was in fact not dead and Nirvana was headlining. The world went apeshit, tickets sold out in a micro-second and I was forced to consider selling my ticket because of the outrageous scalping prices... I woke up before I made a decision. To tell you the truth I still can't decide which way I would fall if that actually happened.

karecares
01-19-2008, 05:51 PM
i had one the other night, i was walking around from stage to stage. i woke up in a really good mood that lasted the rest of the day

karecares
01-19-2008, 05:52 PM

I had a dream that I had bought tickets during a presale and when the lineup was announced it turned out that Kurt Cobain was in fact not dead and Nirvana was headlining. The world went apeshit, tickets sold out in a micro-second and I was forced to consider selling my ticket because of the outrageous scalping prices... I woke up before I made a decision. To tell you the truth I still can't decide which way I would fall if that actually happened.
toough call, mind you nirvana is my favorite and i'm still torn by the question

Cancersticks1
01-19-2008, 05:58 PM
toough call, mind you nirvana is my favorite and i'm still torn by the question

Yeah, I keep going back and forth on it. I'd probably cave in and sell the tickets for a fortune and then regret it for the rest of my life.

gratytrainridesagain
01-19-2008, 06:05 PM
I'd go but I wouldnt tell anyone I had a ticket dudes would be killin other people for that

shakermaker113
01-19-2008, 09:02 PM
me me me!

lowfront
01-20-2008, 12:48 AM
I day dream about coachella most the time I'm awake

Memorial_07
01-20-2008, 06:54 AM
I dreamed the Beatles were headlining the main stage.
And Ministry was playing "So What?" and the crowd was going berserk by lighting bonfires, jumping up and down, moshing...fuck....what a good dream.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-20-2008, 09:17 AM
I have had both the Smiths and Pink Floyd headline in my dreams....

brando4n82
01-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I keep going back and forth on it. I'd probably cave in and sell the tickets for a fortune and then regret it for the rest of my life.

hahahah. funny dream. funny responce.

I dont think i could get myself to sell my coachella tickets Ever

amy2705
01-20-2008, 10:40 AM
i had a nightmare and Nickleback were headlining along with Phil Colins and Good Charlotte

evilmushroompie
01-20-2008, 10:57 AM

I had a dream they reunited too. I once had a dream some dude stole the ticket out of my hand and ran through the entrance so I couldn't go that day. And another dream of mine was they got rid of all the music and everything was interactive art.

Sexecutioner
01-20-2008, 10:59 AM
i kept waking up this morning with my mind battling itself between checking the board for leaks and sleeping in to help my hangover. they compromised and slept a little before checking the board.

mimi3000
01-20-2008, 11:36 AM
my boyfriend had a dream about coachella...Bowie was a headliner and he said Gnarles Barkley performed and passed out cookies during their set.

smoke
01-20-2008, 12:07 PM
no dreams, but im sure fucking excited. its kinda like that feeling i used to get as a kid on christmas eve. anticipation baby!!!

Boourns
01-20-2008, 12:12 PM
This morning I had a dream that Metallica and two other metal bands that may or may not actually exist (can't recall the names, but nobody that big, which is weird) were the announced headliners. And Portishead was to play before Metallica. Scary.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-20-2008, 12:14 PM
This morning I had a dream that Metallica and two other metal bands that may or may not actually exist (can't recall the names, but nobody that big, which is weird) were the announced headliners. And Portishead was to play before Metallica. Scary.

sounds like a nightmare...

Neutral Milk Hotel
01-20-2008, 12:19 PM
It finally happened last night. The colors on the website were green, so I went to the front page, and discovered that the headliners were bands I had never heard of (EX: a band called Shoeshine?). Even worse, GV had teamed up with Dreamworks, and a bunch of characters from Madagascar or some shit were holding signs with other performers on them, including Tool. Then within the dream, I seemingly woke up and thought having read the line-up earlier was itself a dream (meta!) and then I went to the coachella frontpage again and was disappointed anew.

traviscanada
01-20-2008, 02:21 PM
I had a dream based on Coachella sometime last week where I got to the camp ground thurs evening and the lineup still was not announced..... It was kinda like a mystery, but it turned out really sweet.

Derekx
01-20-2008, 02:26 PM
I had a nightmare last night. I saw the poster and Kanye West was headlining all three days.

rapejr25
01-20-2008, 02:32 PM
I havent had one yet...

indiekid89
01-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Last Night I Had A Dream That The Site Was Different And It Was Blue!Hahahaha! Thats Crazy Right?

nocigarettes
01-20-2008, 02:38 PM
i had a nightmare and Nickleback were headlining along with Phil Colins and Good Charlotte

thats scary!!!!

nocigarettes
01-20-2008, 02:39 PM
i had a bad one where Beyonce was headlining friday night

gratytrainridesagain
01-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Nas, Tribe, and Outkast headlined mine for some reason Coachella turned into Rock the Bells

Neutral Milk Hotel
01-20-2008, 03:06 PM
I also had a dream Coachella was a carnival, and I missed My Bloody Valentine.

Memorial_07
01-20-2008, 03:15 PM
I dreamt D.R.I. was playing in the mojave tent.
And Cocteau Twins were headlining.

If Cocteau Twins played...I would be speechless...........
And probably get teary-eyed watching them...despite how emo that sounds.
:)

miscorrections
01-20-2008, 03:17 PM
And I had a dream that tickets didn't go on sale until a few days before the fest.

jonnypark
01-20-2008, 03:31 PM
I had a dream that Bowie was confirmed on this message board last night

David Bowie
01-20-2008, 07:04 PM
I did.

theonewiththewurlitzer
01-20-2008, 07:50 PM
I dream about the lineup being reveal on the morning when I wake up.

shakermaker113
01-21-2008, 12:34 AM
I don't think I'm going to get much sleep tonight.

brando4n82
01-21-2008, 07:05 AM
I had a dream based on Coachella sometime last week where I got to the camp ground thurs evening and the lineup still was not announced..... It was kinda like a mystery, but it turned out really sweet.

That would be a really cool idea actually! i would easily buy a three day pass for it

goodgrl
01-21-2008, 07:15 AM
In my dream The police,pumpkins, and beasties were headlining.
I also remember seeing mogawi and megadeath(?) on these podium like things that were near dj booths.
I was pissed cause everyone was so excited and then I realized it was virgin fest headliners of last year.
I was telling people that this was a joke, but they were to happy about the police.
WIERD!

ghettojournalist
01-21-2008, 07:19 AM
i would probably have one if i had anything remotely resembling a decent night's sleep.

elChurro
01-21-2008, 07:39 AM
you people need to get out more often.

Cancersticks1
01-21-2008, 08:02 AM
you people need to get out more often.

We do, roughly 2-3 days every spring.

kiely
01-21-2008, 09:25 AM
i have coachella dreams throughout the entire year.

dnham
01-21-2008, 12:20 PM
I also had a dream Coachella was a carnival, and I missed My Bloody Valentine.

that's a crazy one! I definitely have had a couple now but I don't remember them, all I know is I am very happy when I wake up!

steveagainstW.fascism
01-21-2008, 09:59 PM

yes now i know I'm not the only crazy one who has coachella dreams it's fucking weird

fsm10
01-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I had this nightmare that I was at Coachella and there were no headliners I wanted to see and.... oh wait... that's true??? ARRGGHHH!! :P

dontfeedthebird
01-24-2008, 10:38 AM
I had a good dream last night. I dreamed of Portishead, oh lovely Portishead.

Veloco22
01-24-2008, 01:39 PM
I had a vivid coachella dream this morning...

There were no gates at the entrance, and I honestly can't remember how I got there. I was there with two friends and my dog. The festival polo grounds had become very hilly and were divided in two by a road. All of the food vendors were lined up in one row and I was trying to order food from one of them, I think. I turned around and there was a very odd stage, about 10 levels of stadium seating, but there were no seats or railing, only dirt and grass. Oh, and there was about a 100 ft drop off at the last row which gave me vertigo even though I didn't go near it. All the other stages seemed normal enough, except for the posters which contained only bands I had never heard of. At one point while I was walking my dog down the food vendor isle, a door opened with some guy who looked like the steve irwin fighting back a tiger from escaping the room. My dog was going crazy trying to get into the room but the door slammed and I woke up. This was my first and only coachella dream.

lostsoul86
01-24-2008, 03:02 PM
uhh i literally had a dream last night were jack johnson was killed by the terminator .... im not bullshiting ya im serious lol

ireland
01-25-2008, 05:57 AM
Coachella? No. Pete Doherty? Yes. Last night infact. And his fingernails were clean!

brando4n82
02-14-2008, 06:47 AM
I had a dream last night that White Zombie ended up headlining Friday. It was AWESOME!!!!! and i wish it was real =/

Memorial_07
02-14-2008, 06:59 AM
I had a dream last night that White Zombie ended up headlining Friday. It was AWESOME!!!!! and i wish it was real =/

Hell yeah, Brando!!!!!!
White Zombie would be amazing!
Especially "Supercharger Heaven."

KookyFor1973
02-14-2008, 07:43 AM
I just woke from a dream in which I kissed Chris Robinson in a parking garage...his beard was feather soft.

hahaha

M Sparks
02-14-2008, 08:24 AM
I had a dream a while back...can't remember if it was right before Coachella or Vegoose. I was at a festival that was at a high school or something. They had a big hilly field. It was a drive-in festival...you drive in and sleep in your car, and then the music starts at 6am and you just wake up and sit in your car and watch. I never did see any music though...I just remember looking down at a drive-in screen that was showing who was coming up later in the day. There was another stage in the gym.

whynotsmile99
02-14-2008, 08:53 AM
last night I had a dream I was mugged by 5 guys, one with a shotgun. I kept telling the guys I wasn't who they were looking for. When they accepted that fact, I ran up and punched the guy with the shotgun in the face. He went down quick. Then I remember mutilating him. I think i've been reading too much Zombie literature. I clearly remember stabbing a pencil in his eye. After what felt like an hour of destroying this guy, I was sitting in the back of a 15 seater cargo van, David Bowie was driving.

I kept thinking "Ask him if he's going to do Coachella..." but never did.

That was it

brando4n82
02-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Hell yeah, Brando!!!!!!
White Zombie would be amazing!
Especially "Supercharger Heaven."

ahh dont even get me started. thatd be SO SICK! I've wanted a WZ reunion for some time now. i dont think its ever gonna happen =(

zenidogx
02-14-2008, 10:08 AM
last night:
i was taking shrooms. i packed my stuff. i was with my roommate, zach galifianakis, and zach's friend. galifianakis never talked in the dream, but he did drive the van. we stopped half way to coachella, only to return to my house. my momma was mad at me for leaving my tickets behind. then everyone took off without me. weird. strange. what does it mean?

Emmie01
02-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Last week after reading some horrible thread on this board about someone wanting to know details on rave tents, I had a dream--err nightmare--that Coachella was converted into a giant mass of rave tents, and some little candy kid girl was following me around as I tried to find the real music, talking and talking about how cool the festival was now that they made the changes. Groan.

Blinken
02-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Wow that is horrible Emmie. I had a wierd nightmare last night. nothing to do with coachella, but i was at some party and outside smoking a cigerette when all of a sudden the sky was full of shooting stars. So everyone rushed to check it out but then realized they were not stars, they were rockets and one blow up nearby and all i saw was this massive explosion to my left before i tried to run inside. then i woke up. It is wierd this dream kinda mesed me up, It took a long ass time to fall back asleep.

Memorial_07
02-14-2008, 04:33 PM
ahh dont even get me started. thatd be SO SICK! I've wanted a WZ reunion for some time now. i dont think its ever gonna happen =(

Who knows?
So long as Rob stops making shitty movies.
I love his music, his movies blow though.

humanoid
02-14-2008, 04:54 PM

wow! thats one of the worst combinations I could imagine

Stefachink
02-15-2008, 12:52 PM
I had a dream that my badminton coach got pissed off at me for missing an important day of practice on that Friday that I ditched school for Coachella. He yelled at me on Monday when I got back and right in the middle of him doing that, I shouted "I QUIT!" I took all my stuff with me, and stormed out. I'm over it, I wanna quit badminton anyway :rolleyes

MonsoonSeason
02-15-2008, 01:02 PM
I had a dream where I went to the dentist and he told me that every tooth in my mouth had cavities. he pulled out a jar of new teeth and implanted a new set.

meyouseek
02-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Most of these types dreams I have are usually a combination of Burning Man and Coachella. For some reason they're never in the proper location.

hendrixfan143
02-15-2008, 02:55 PM
no joke i actually did. But it was about me not being able to go. Needless to say i threw a bitch fit

M Sparks
02-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Who knows?
So long as Rob stops making shitty movies.
I love his music, his movies blow though.

I liked The Devil's Rejects for what it was.

MeowMixer
02-15-2008, 03:57 PM
I had a nightmare that headliners were added to each night. But they were all from KISS FM. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

MeowMixer
02-15-2008, 03:59 PM
I had a dream that my badminton coach got pissed off at me for missing an important day of practice on that Friday that I ditched school for Coachella. He yelled at me on Monday when I got back and right in the middle of him doing that, I shouted "I QUIT!" I took all my stuff with me, and stormed out. I'm over it, I wanna quit badminton anyway :rolleyes

I'm ditching for Coachella. Two days.

Stefachink
02-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Ditching school for Coachella ftw!

garrett222
02-16-2008, 05:54 PM
My dream is always the same..the lineup is as follows:

Friday
Dave Matthews Band, The Cranberries, Moby

Saturday
Tori Amos, Counting Crows, Barenaked Ladies

Sunday
Jimmy Buffet, The Killers, The Prodigy

I'd love it..coachella or not, it would be great

bludevil007
02-16-2008, 06:12 PM
My dream is always the same..the lineup is as follows:

Friday
Dave Matthews Band, The Cranberries, Moby

Saturday
Tori Amos, Counting Crows, Barenaked Ladies

Sunday
Jimmy Buffet, The Killers, The Prodigy

I'd love it..coachella or not, it would be great

hmmmmm

Id take DMB, Cranberries, Moby, the Killers and Prodigy

with 1 and 4 being the favorites

jimmy buffet blows dude - and barenaked ladies cup the balls

bludevil007
02-16-2008, 06:13 PM
i meant 1 and 5

michaelmontanez
02-17-2008, 01:19 AM
I had a dream it was the day Les Savy Fav played, and I totally woke up late, and missed them, but it was a combination of last year, and my perceptions of what next year will be like. It was weird, kind of like a dream that tells the future but not.

captncrzy
02-18-2008, 07:41 AM
I had a dream about coachella last night-in no particular order, I observed the following things:

The Sahara tent had an In-N-Out attached to it. And no one was in there somehow.

I had to put my own locker together

My locker contained my entire shoe collection and one of those little spacey looking guns from Men In Black

I had to walk there from the house I was staying in, and I had jeans on

The sarong I bought in Hawaii to wrap my head in was actually made out of tin foil

There were two Mohave tents

I freaked out because I didn't bring my lineup thing with me and I couldn't find anything that listed the set times

I was in the Mohave 1 watching some band and I got yelled at for talking

Memorial_07
02-18-2008, 09:17 AM
I dreamed all the power at the festival went off during an incredible performance by Deftones on the main stage at night.
Everyone in the Sahara Tent almost killed themselves.

I also had a dream that I was at a Coachella pre-party and someone shot up the place...the bad thing was that no one could leave the building for two days...so the people at the party were stuck there until day three of the festival...

I was more bummed about missing Flogging Molly and Portishead than almost being killed.

Blinken
02-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Last night i dreamt that i was watching Jack Johnson, don't know why, and one of his friends was Kid Rock. they did an acoustic version of Ba Wit Da Ba. It was very wierd.

blackchango
02-23-2008, 05:40 PM
I had a dream that Coachella was taking place in a canyon right up the road from my house and Denzel Washington was hosting the main stage.

comedeysal
02-23-2008, 05:48 PM
i dreamt i flew to coachella with flying powers! but in order to keep my flying powers i had to be drunk, but during the day it wasn't safe to be drunk. so i just flew at night.

i love flying dreams

Somewhat Damaged
02-23-2008, 11:28 PM
I had a dream a couple nights ago that a friend of the family had died. When asked if I was going to the funeral, I was like, "No, I've gotta be at Coachella that weekend." And the daughter of that friend of the family was INCENSED. She was like, "No, I understand, you've gotta go to some stupid concert instead of going to my mom's funeral," and I tried explaining to her, "Listen, this is almost what my year revolves around. If my grandmother had died a couple days before Coachella, I still would've gone to the festival. THAT is how important it is to me. It's more than a festival, it's a way of life. Unlike everyone in my family, it has yet to let me down and be unreliable. I can count on Coachella more than I can count on anyone else in my life." But she didn't understand and was content with being a stupid bitch with me for not giving up on an amazing weekend of music and good times when I could instead be surrounded by morose-ass people lamenting the passing of someone I hadn't had a meaningful conversation with since I was 11.

M Sparks
02-24-2008, 04:23 PM
i dreamt i flew to coachella with flying powers! but in order to keep my flying powers i had to be drunk, but during the day it wasn't safe to be drunk. so i just flew at night.

This is what rules about dreams. It's a fantasy world that you can fly in, yet you're still careful not to get dehydrated.

I had a dream once I was being chased around by a Freddy type monster. But then I realized he was just chasing me..he didn't have any wacky Freddy powers to kill me in weird ways. I thought "Shit, I bet I could just hit him with a chair." So I turned and hit him with like a plastic elementary school and he ran away.

CalmerThanYou
02-25-2008, 05:52 PM
I had a nightmare last night. I saw the poster and Kanye West was headlining all three days.

I guess you didn't hear, he is performing in the Pyramid...performing some Jesus song that is tied into his mother...then lighting up. It's gonna be sicky.

:/

Lazaro
02-28-2008, 10:21 AM
the other night I dreamed that in coachella there were no time-schedules, also sean lennon was playing in a cinema (in coachella) and sasha & digweed play only like 5 minutes in some kind of pool....weird

whynotsmile99
03-04-2008, 02:43 PM
i had an incredibly stupid Cochella dream last night. To sum up a long, stupid ride, I forgot Coachella was coming up and went to Friday without a tent or any supplies. I remember watching Cat Power in one of the tents. Jackie Moon, the Will Ferrel character from Semi Pro was there, big orange afro and all. He was shouting a lot "Yahhh Cat power whooooo!"

next thing I remember I was at the house of my college friend. I really wanted him to come to Coachella. For some reason the family of a friend I had from Kindergarden was there. My college friend served me a diet coke in a large fishbowl. A dwarf was in the house tutoring my friend for school. i don't mean dwarf as in little person, but dwarf as in fucking Lord of the rings Gimli Style. Then the dwarf jumped into a television and began this weird video game.

thats all I remember. I have the stupidest dreams

Boourns
03-07-2008, 03:38 PM
I had a dream about the 2009 lineup this morning.

Friday: Neil Young, Arcade Fire, Orbital
Saturday: Pulp, Daft Punk (main stage co-headliners), The Postal Service, Gnarls Barkley
Sunday: Prince, A Tribe Called Quest, Weezer

I also had a few minutes of lucid dreaming later, but I freaked and woke up and couldn't get back into that state :(

shakermaker113
03-07-2008, 04:03 PM
I had a dream about the 2009 lineup this morning.

Friday: Neil Young, Arcade Fire, Orbital
Saturday: Pulp, Daft Punk (main stage co-headliners), The Postal Service, Gnarls Barkley
Sunday: Prince, A Tribe Called Quest, Weezer

I also had a few minutes of lucid dreaming later, but I freaked and woke up and couldn't get back into that state :(

six months from now someone's going to use this as a confirmation. nme will publish an article saying it's real.

Boourns
03-07-2008, 08:42 PM
LOL @ your avatar

Hey, maybe they will. Spread the word six months from now.

M Sparks
03-21-2008, 06:01 AM
I had a dream last night that I was scoping out some kind of arena for a video shoot I was doing there. The arena was empty, but it was all set up for an event. There was a stage at one end, with a giant cartoon-ish globe rotating over the stage. There was writing/logos on 2 sides of the globe.

NICKELODEON KIDS CHOICE AWARDS PRESENT...

(wait for rotation)

SPANK ROCK

I think I LOLed in my sleep.

Kali27
03-21-2008, 10:24 AM
I ALWAYS have dreams that are based in a festival setting... at least 3 nights a week... this is the place where my dreams live...

but last night I think I accidently wound up at the gay orgy tent... im on this board too much and people are posting orgy shit too much... that was waayyy weird...

Laura owns you
03-22-2008, 10:57 AM
i keep having this dream where i'm dancing my ass off during infected mushroom....

but i never saw infected mushroom.

cuz, ya know....rage.

Neutral Milk Hotel
03-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Unrelated, but I did have a dream that Los Campesinos were playing a show at Burger King.

Senor Cardgage
03-26-2008, 12:18 PM
I always get the "trying to get there but a million obstacles keep popping up sidetracking me and and I miss some/all of it"

Had that one soooo many times.

quicksand
04-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Last night I dreamt that they released set times and included a 6th stage (the dome) and Jay-Z was billed to play in it at like 3 pm.

shakermaker113
04-14-2008, 09:50 AM
I had a dream last night that it was the weekend, and coachella was a week sooner than I thought it was. I paniced and wasnt prepared for it at all. I had a little booklet that the pass out at the entrance with the set times, and I was trying to absorb everything for friday. (this never happens, as I ALWAYS study them in detail for the days we have them). for some reason everybody had been caught off guard and didn't know the set times in advance. aphex twin was on at 2.30, and I realized he was starting right that moment. I ran over to the sahara and found him playing to an almost empty tent, because it was so early in the day. I could see him very clearly and was cursing myself for not bringing my camera along. weird thing was, he was just dj-ing other people's songs with aphex-style beats laid over them -- but it was really good. he actually started with some kind of daft punk mix which of course drove everyone wild. after aphex I was looking madly at the set times again trying to see where I needed to be. it was weird, a bunch of the saturday artists were on the friday set times. (e.g. MGMT, sasha & digweed).

then I realized that it wasn't coachella weekend, and coachella weekend was still a week away. it was the friday a week before coachella, and this meant I could have my quiet weekend beforehand as I had been planning. until my brother calls me up and asks me where I am. turns out I am supposed to be flying to visit my grandfather that weekend, and had totally forgotten. so there I am again, in a panic, in a situation I wasn't supposed to be in. but beyond that the dream is not about Coachella at all so I'll leave it at that.

weird.

RAINBOWS
04-15-2008, 08:42 PM
haha thats all i have been dreaming about lately. I had a dream Daft Punk got added..even though i know they wont be there...

weird.

KatieLyn
04-16-2008, 08:00 AM
I had a dream that Coachella had adopted a carnival-esque style, and I went to go see Flogging Molly play, except Ben Gibbard was randomly in Flogging Molly and I was really confused and he looked at me in the crowd and goes
"Hey, I know you from the Coachella Message Board!"
And then pulled me up on stage.

Twas strange.

sbessiso
04-16-2008, 08:02 AM
id love for ben gibbard to pull my onstage

I had jack white in my dream last night, but its hazy....

edit: but it did involve my underwear

Stefinitely Maybe
04-16-2008, 08:07 AM
I have had frequent Coachella nightmares over the past two months. They regularly feature me missing the festival, or missing some bands I really wanted to see, or getting lost, or the festival being cancelled, etc.

Geno_g
04-16-2008, 08:11 AM
I had a dream that coachella went back in the times of The Monterey Pop Festival and Jimi Hedrix played the main stage, It was kind of a lucid dream.

slurpee
04-16-2008, 04:34 PM
I have dreams about Coachella every year. It is wicked.

Last week I dreamed that all of the large art sculptures in the middle where all gone. I remember being super pissed the entire time that Coachella was selling out :).

amyzzz
04-16-2008, 05:09 PM
I dreamt last night that I got 4 frozen water bottles inside Coachella in my backpack. Victory is sweet. I'm going to try that this year.

thepoetblue
04-16-2008, 05:23 PM
I had a dream the other day that Coachella was like Brigadoon and all the people who went there every year formed a secret society around the world and had to make sure everyone kept going back or it would be destroyed forever.

Yay 'shrooms!

greghead
04-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Last week I dreamt that GV built an enormous swimming pool adjacent to the main stage.

Talk about wet dreams, eh?

captncrzy
04-19-2008, 10:33 AM
So last night I dreamed about Coachella; again, it's all fragmented:

I dreamed that I was lugging my purse and a beach towel around for some reason. Every time I would put it down and walk away, when I came back, it was miraculously still there.

The Sahara looked like a Shakespearian comedy club-round with seats and all. Some girl puked on my seat-right after I moved my purse and beach towel. Nobody was playing, we were just all sitting in there.

Once again, there was an In N Out attached to the Sahara. Mob and SomewhatDamaged were there-SD was really drunk and Mob made him go to In N Out to get something to eat. Mob was also like 7ft tall.

There was hardly anyone watching Fatboy Slim (on the Coachella stage). Jack Johnson followed Fatboy. The area was packed with people watching Jack.

I couldn't find a setlist brochure thingy, so I missed everything on Friday except Fatboy.

My hotel was across the street and my room had a view of the festival. There were also lots of holes in the fence surrounding the festival, so you could just walk in and out as you pleased.

mpg502
04-19-2008, 01:17 PM
I usually dream about Coachella, but last night .. fuck man! So, in my dream I was packed and ready to head out to the desert, and on my way there, there were some people that wanted to go along with me. Cool, the more the merrier I thought; so we get in my car and start going. Then these people decided to stop and waste time, but they were doing it on purpose, they didn't want me to go to the festival. I started telling them that we should go, that the festival is about to start and that I'm going to miss the Raconteurs (I don't why this band in particular, probably it has to be with the fact that I'm pretty exited to see them). These people start to freak me out, and it gets worse because they have my tickets to the show and to the camp grounds. I then realize that these people are my family, my mother, sisters, nephews ... this is when I really get angry and start yelling and almost crying in anger because they won't let me go or give me my tickets so that I can go alone. So they won't do anything and I start to beating the shit out of them, my mother, my sisters, everybody in the car, I start throwing punches in everybody's faces, but they still won't give me my tickets or let me out .... I suddenly wake up to found out that it was all a dream, a very bad dream ....

Boourns
04-19-2008, 07:31 PM
I had one this morning. Was clipping my toe nails while watching rilo kiley and got distracted when jenny leaned over and I broke my big toe nail pretty far down and it was bleedy and the pain was agonizing.

WTF

Foucault
04-19-2008, 08:16 PM
My Portishead Dream:
The curtains come up. Portishead is performing on Jay Leno or some other late night show. First we see the band members performing, but with a slightly agitated look, nervous. Then the camera pans to Beth. She has a poorly cut mullet with bags beneath her eyes. She is wearing a blouse that is opened all the way down. You can clearly she that she is about 7 months pregnant, and her breasts. The band is playing machine gun. She begins to sing. She sings "Machine gun" but beneath her breath you hear her say, "fuck you." It takes a moment, but the editor cuts the sound from her mic. They camera pans to band who looks increasingly nervous. Then Beth again begins to sing the lyrics: "Machine Gun..." again followed by "fuck you," but now growing louder, to a growl, "FUCK YOU." The screen goes dark, but the last shot is of the bands members look afraid and upset. The show is over.

I hope that this is all about nerves, and not a premonition. But, still, I had the dream.

Emmie01
04-21-2008, 06:09 PM
I dreamed that Roger Waters was playing at 1 in the afternoon. They had reversed the schedule in order to wind things down earlier and more calmly at night, so all the headliners were early in the day. ...Idk.

eNVyartist
04-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Every night for the past 4 days!

bartelby
04-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Had full-on "R.E.M. was added" dream last night....they were set to play their new album in its entirety

crazy

aclockworkapple
04-22-2008, 02:49 AM
Oh yes, oh yes--I laughed outloud when I saw this topic.

It involved driving into the campground area. I think there were trees all around, and the ground was definitely uneven--there was even a Boy Scount troop there (I used to do Scouts -_-). We were all headed to Coachella, for sure--but the locale and scenery bore absolutely NO resemblance whatsoever to Coachella. As is typical for me with dreams of this sort (anticipatory).

marji
04-22-2008, 07:15 AM
i had a dream i found all my tickets and ID. thne i woke up and realised it was a dream and punched the wall. today is like a continuation of the worst day of my life. seriously. i'm off to see if i can get my shit replaced by tonight..so i could make it by saturday.

punkgirl
04-22-2008, 11:20 AM
I had a dream about last year's Coachella - is was Jarvis Cocker playing Common People. . . * sigh * but alas, only a dream. I will admit, however, that Jarvis was one of the highlights for me last year. He wasn't the * best * of the weekend (that illustrious title goes to the Teddybears) but there was something almost spiritual about his set. I don't know if it was because I was coming off the high of seeing Jesus and Mary Chain or what, but it was just the perfect music, the perfect mood - in spite of the wait because of the sound issues. I am seriously hoping for some more moments just like that one this weekend :) I sooo cannot wait!!! Viva Coachella! :)

slurpee
04-22-2008, 01:43 PM
My Portishead Dream:
The curtains come up. Portishead is performing on Jay Leno or some other late night show. First we see the band members performing, but with a slightly agitated look, nervous. Then the camera pans to Beth. She has a poorly cut mullet with bags beneath her eyes. She is wearing a blouse that is opened all the way down. You can clearly she that she is about 7 months pregnant, and her breasts. The band is playing machine gun. She begins to sing. She sings "Machine gun" but beneath her breath you hear her say, "fuck you." It takes a moment, but the editor cuts the sound from her mic. They camera pans to band who looks increasingly nervous. Then Beth again begins to sing the lyrics: "Machine Gun..." again followed by "fuck you," but now growing louder, to a growl, "FUCK YOU." The screen goes dark, but the last shot is of the bands members look afraid and upset. The show is over.

I hope that this is all about nerves, and not a premonition. But, still, I had the dream.

You are seeing a whole team of psychiatrists, aren't you?

jigsaw
04-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Yesterday I woke up sucking on a lemon.

MantisMel
04-22-2008, 01:52 PM
It wasn't a dream as it was a nightmare. I dreamed that I missed Prince because I was stuck in line for a Churro, and when I got to the Main Stage everyone was all leaving. the end

whynotsmile99
04-22-2008, 01:52 PM
i had this ridiculous stupid dreaming involving snow in palm springs mountains, ridiculous set times and some asshole i went to elementary school with.

i hate dreams that exhaust you

anonimouse
04-22-2008, 02:02 PM
last nite i had a dream i missed it because we thought it was the next weekend

i was crying

Hempey
04-23-2008, 09:59 AM
I dreamt last night that I got horrible sunburn on the Friday and was in writhing pain for the next two days. That better not happen. SPF 75 ftw.

feather
01-06-2009, 08:15 PM
I had the greatest dream last night, based on the ridiculous day of mayhem in the rumors thread:

I was sitting in my apartment, talking on the phone to nationocean. (the man who is making us all crazy) We were arguing over all of the potential headliners he had been throwing at us in the thread. All of a sudden I hear a familiar voice, and look out my window into the apartment across from mine. There I see nationocean, laughing at the Coachella board with a bunch of junk food and booze around him, because everyone is falling for what he has to say.

He's a menace to society! (but we shall see in the end if my dream is true or not)

SuzyLee
01-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Last night I dreamed that the line up came out and I was all excited. But it wasn't that good and I was disappointed. :/

Vic Viper
01-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Holy shit this thread read my mind.

Last night I dreamt that I arrived to Coachella and the entire entrance area was done up like a water park (giant slides, fountains, etc) and it had like an aquatic theme throughout the grounds.

Then I woke up and quite audibly cursed at the cold walls of my bedroom.

shakermaker113
01-06-2009, 10:46 PM
goddamn dreams! such a tease.

Sonicifyouwantit
01-06-2009, 11:04 PM
I was looking through youtube clips of coachellla just now and got a coachella high for a moment. its very emotional, I think I may have come close to tearing up. a week of bliss (counting my arrival day which is wednesday, filter mag preparty thurs and main event of course) where else can I be immersed in music like that?

PC-2 Violence
01-06-2009, 11:19 PM
I was looking through youtube clips of coachellla just now and got a coachella high for a moment. its very emotional, I think I may have come close to tearing up. a week of bliss (counting my arrival day which is wednesday, filter mag preparty thurs and main event of course) where else can I be immersed in music like that?

We were just talking about you Jonathan and how fucking dope the Filter party will be this year. See you there!

ATamreLion
01-07-2009, 10:40 AM
I always have this nightmare that I forget it's Coachella and remember at the last second so I speed from Denver to Indio. A bunch of shit happens on the way there and I end up missing it. I wake up with the cold sweats. I'm jonesin'.

RoyBrisby
01-07-2009, 12:56 PM
I dreamt that the Coachella headliner was Kenan Thompson for all 3 nights. It was quite the dream.

Paixe
01-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one. I dreamed I went naked. It was fantastic.

M Sparks
01-17-2009, 10:52 AM
I got mine already last night. Usually they are interesting, but in this one, I was just standing in line for tickets. The line snaked through a school. When I get near the counter, there was a big sign that said "CASH ONLY". There was an ATM there, which I'm sure was rigged to charge an huge fee. I was supposed to buy 4 tickets, but I realized I probably shouldn't pull $1000 out of checking right before the mortgage was due, so I though "Guess I'll just have to get two". Then, there was a $300 limit on the ATM, so I could only get one.

I really can't afford to go this year unless I get my house sold (fat chance), or charge up another credit card, so I don't need Freud to figure out what it means.

M Sparks
01-17-2009, 10:53 AM
I dreamt that the Coachella headliner was Kenan Thompson for all 3 nights. It was quite the dream.

FIX IT!

cloud9
01-17-2009, 11:51 AM
di nto have d a drem bout cochela but guesed wat it ws abut th e mesge bpard it ws wird and we talk to eachther in rel life too

MantisMel
01-17-2009, 12:10 PM
I had a dream that the line up came out but it didnt have who was going to play but instead it was a line up of who wasnt playing. it was really weird.

M Sparks
01-18-2009, 12:04 PM
I had a dream that the line up came out but it didnt have who was going to play but instead it was a line up of who wasnt playing. it was really weird.

Don't keep us in suspense...who isn't playing? :D

unknowndrummer66
01-18-2009, 01:40 PM
every year i have a dream about me going to coachella but never being able to reach the festival, and it always take place in a different area its weird

like one year i had to cross a river and jump acrosss rooftops and i never made it

PlayaDelWes
01-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Last night's dream:

I was walking by the "Coachella Store" at the mall and they were just closing up. The tech guy was locking up and I asked him if they were annoucing the lineup tomorrow (whenever tomorrow is). He said, "yea or earlier". It turns out he just loaded the batch job that posts all the annoucements, changes the website, and sends out the emails. It was just a matter of processing time. We are all going to know any minute...

moomoo
01-18-2009, 06:47 PM
haha, I had one last night. nothing specific, I was just super excited that it was announced and the people on the boards were complaining/rejoicing.

shakermaker113
01-20-2009, 10:26 AM
I had a really fucking disturbing dream last night. I dreamt that the lineup was announced, but (with all these rumors of them struggling to find a headliner) instead of having headliners, we had three live action musicals. friday night was a live action version of the nightmare before christmas, using the cover versions of the songs. I guess that'd be a world premiere. saturday was something relatively classic involving vegas. I don't have any idea what that could have been. sunday was the wizard of oz.

on top of that the website was impossible to navigate, and the poster was huge and animated instead of being the standard jpeg. I couldn't see the whole thing at once, I had to scroll around. each of the 'headliners' had characters from the play waving and cheering. it was dreadfully slow. I was struggling to get to an 'artists' link where I could look at a plain text list of who was playing. I remember looking at friday and seeing two very good acts (underworld, santogold) but very few others that interested me.

I'm scared.

qtpie1491
01-20-2009, 10:59 AM
I had a dream that Radiohead was playing, and someone else i cant remember. i recall all of us being realllllllllly happy with the lineup.

i day dream constantly about dancing in the Sahara tent and singing to fleet foxes, im way too excited.

jamoerikote
01-21-2009, 01:00 PM
Oh yeah! last nigth was great! Some of us have pleasant dreams. Mine was @ the Coachella stage, there just having a good time with my boyfriend!!!!! Just enjoying Coachella!!!!!!!

sin213
01-21-2009, 02:32 PM
i had a coachella nightmare the other week...dreamt that coachella was at some weird location in mexico where everyone that had a "camping" pass was put up in a room at this hotel-ish place. the thing is, metallica was there headlining, so i turned to leave and go to the sahara but couldn't find it. upon asking all around and no one knowing where it was, someone finally said there was no sahara!

ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! noooooooooooooooooo!!!!! metallica headlining with no sahara to run to for shelter....uhghhhhh...it's still a frightening thought.

jamoerikote
01-21-2009, 03:07 PM
UUUUHHHHHHH, Coachella it's making us go crazy !!!! Not having the Lineup it's making it hard & making some people have nightmares, I hope that we see something by the end of this wk.

shakermaker113
01-21-2009, 07:07 PM
cold turkey is rough.

kitt kat
01-21-2009, 08:38 PM
I had a nightmare last night about Coachella...

When everyone got to Coachella, there was nothing there. No bands, no music, just the empty stages on the polo field.

My boyfriend and I were running around trying to figure out where everyone was. If we correctly guesses artists, they would appear.

WAT?

shakermaker113
01-22-2009, 01:19 AM
are you sure you weren't over the rainbow?

lizng
01-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Last night I had my second Coachella dream in a row...

I woke up one morning to find a glorious new green and white color scheme on the main website and a message saying that tickets were on sale immediately. They wouldn't let us know the lineup until we bought a ticket... and they disabled the message boards so nobody would leak it. (not really a good policy considering the giant interwebs out there) And instead of going through Ticketmaster, they had set up Coachella stores throughout the country that would only accept cash.

So I set out from my house with my paycheck and welfare check (dude, I'm not on welfare), headed for the bank. After waiting in an insanely long line full of people holding over sized manila envelopes, I finally go my checks cashed. On my way to the Coachella store I realize the dumb-shit teller gave me counterfeit Peruvian currency. After going back and yelling at everyone in the bank because they were fucking with Coachella, they finally gave me real money. I managed to make it back to the store just in time to buy the last two tickets only to find out that this year's festival had changed. The tickets were a meager $120, but only 5 bands would play per day - one per stage with 10 hour sets.

.... So... I hope the actual process of obtaining tickets this year is a little less screwed up!

ForbiddenDisco
01-22-2009, 12:04 PM
My dream last night was that Animal Collective were performing with an amazing light show during "My Girls". It was wonderful

misterpickles
01-22-2009, 10:50 PM
i couldn't fall asleep last night because i have coachella on da brain

KatieLyn
01-22-2009, 10:52 PM
I fell asleep in english today after my final and had a very vivid dream of losing my tickets when I was right outside the gate to the fest. I was pissed, and woke up pissed.

carokube
01-22-2009, 11:20 PM
last night i had a dream that no doubt and green day were really on the line up. shortly after i killed myself :(

orbit
01-22-2009, 11:28 PM
i saw pavement and outkast in the lineup a few nights ago.

shakermaker113
01-24-2009, 09:59 AM
fuck. I had a dream last night that part of the lineup leaked on pollstar. I had somehow checked pollstar right as it happened, so there weren't any threads about it yet. it was only a few bands for each day, but it was really fucking lame. fuck this needs to end.

going to check pollstar now.

Genedefekt
01-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Snoop Dogg headlines Friday.

shakermaker113
01-24-2009, 02:00 PM
oh god, I just remembered that in my dream coldplay were headlining saturday. I clearly have no faith in goldenvoice's ability to pull decent headliners.

mattpach
01-24-2009, 10:17 PM
My first Coachella dream was last night. It was actually 3 dreams and each one had to do with March 9th. I have no fucking clue why but that date kept popping up every time the word Coachella was mentioned in my dream.

aphextwinpeaks
01-25-2009, 08:43 AM
i had a coachella dream last night too.. it was that i was walking into day 1 and the line up had still not been released. all of artists for the festival were going to be a surprise. i don't remember if i saw anyone play though.

Memorial_07
01-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Had a dream a few months ago that McCartney had been playing the main stage and was somehow playing alongside all the Beatles in their original lineup.

And Harrisson and Lennon weren't zombie corpses.

sin213
01-25-2009, 09:49 AM
did harrisson and lennon have wings and/or a white aura surrounding them?

Parenthetical Boy
01-25-2009, 10:04 AM
I had one before 2008 that felt like a cloverfield scene, and lots of people were rioting and being killed by some weird force. Scary shit. Prince was there though, so it was safe.

Memorial_07
01-25-2009, 11:20 AM
did harrisson and lennon have wings and/or a white aura surrounding them?

Nope.

And best of all, Lennon didn't have Yoko there with him

Memorial_07
01-25-2009, 11:21 AM
I had one before 2008 that felt like a cloverfield scene, and lots of people were rioting and being killed by some weird force. Scary shit. Prince was there though, so it was safe.

Prince killed the monster from cloverfield with his badass guitar skills

mikeymikemikey
01-25-2009, 11:38 AM
i had an awesome coachella dream.. there were mattresses all over the polo fields and everyone was bouncing around everywhere.. it looked so cool.

hailtothetheif83
01-25-2009, 12:41 PM
The last 2 nights dreams have been about Coachella... both were awesome hope that means good thing for this year

instinct
01-27-2009, 05:06 PM
I had a dream last night about Coachella, the line-up was out, but I didn't have access to it. It was more like a nightmare.

gaypalmsprings
01-27-2009, 05:08 PM
I had a nightmare that the lineup wasn't announced at all.

delusional
01-27-2009, 05:11 PM
I had a dream 2 nights ago... multi-colored lineup

And I saw carl cox how weird

skavron
01-27-2009, 05:39 PM
the point is, i'm not dreaming cuz i'm not sleeping cuz im still fckin' waiting for the line up!! daaaaaaaaaaaaaaammn!! thanks to facebook and my 700 friends uploading new pics i've been able to deal with it

one2fast
01-27-2009, 05:40 PM
i also had a coachella dream as we'll call it
and it did have nuthin but lame bands on it =( woke up in a cold sweat
wish i was kidding too

Sexecutioner
01-28-2009, 11:11 AM
last night i had a dream that they released the lineup even though it wasnt done, just cuz so many people were bitching, and it turned out to be really bad. there were like no headliners, and even the smaller acts all sucked. man, i guess it was more of a nightmare.

Astrid
01-29-2009, 01:14 PM
i had a dream i got a text the lineup was out, couldnt remember how to type for awhile, that was a bitch. the headliners turned out to be paul mccarntney, david bowie, and elton john? my friend turned to me and said WELL.....THERE ARE GOING TO BE A LOT OF GREY HAIRS!!!!

i thought it was hilarious?

indietron
02-07-2009, 12:05 PM
I had a dream that The Prodigy was added to Friday and Bruce S. was added to Saturday.

acarballidol
02-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Not just the past year!! all year long, and probably the best ones were before the lineup was announced.

adeline3
02-07-2009, 03:12 PM
i had a dream where they moved the campground to this tiny park at an elementary school. i was SUPER bummed.

psycobetabuckdown
02-12-2009, 04:58 AM
My nightmare where I miss 98% of Coachella is now officially recurring.
I have dreamt about Coachella two nights in a row, and this night there were two separate dreams about Outkast being added to Saturday. The first dream their names were really small on the lineup and I was asking PT why the hell that was. The second dream they were full on headliners and there were other adds, including Neil Young or someone knocking Paul McCartney down a couple billings. TV on the Radio moved to Sunday. None of this will actually happen. But I was wondering when I'd start dreaming about Coachella this year, took a while.

EDIT: I remember now, Tricky co-headlined Friday with Neil Young or Paul Oakenfold or U2 or something.

shakermaker113
02-12-2009, 09:46 AM
I had a dream recently where coachella announced some pre-coachella shows in vegas, which were added to the poster and everything. two of them: u2 and bruce springsteen. everyone was appalled that the pre-coachella shows had bigger names than the actual headliners. and it made the poster look ridiculous.

where does this come from?

locachica73
02-12-2009, 09:48 AM
I dreamt I was at coachella and my ex was with me. EW, how could something as good as coachella end up being a nightmare.

kcwyckoff
02-13-2009, 10:02 AM
A few nights ago I dreamt that I was at Coachella and my friends and I went to see the Black Keys. They walked out onstage, said "hey" and started to play Stack Shot Billy. About 10 seconds into the song the sound cut out and they were luck "fuck that" and walked off stage never to return. My friends and I then walked around looking for other music but we couldn't find anything anywhere. It was awful

psycobetabuckdown
02-16-2009, 04:40 PM
That is terrible. It seems more people have nightmares about Coachella than sweet dreams. A sign that we are too fixated on this little festival?

IfeelINFINITE
02-16-2009, 04:55 PM
I keep having dreams that Coachella is now in an indoor skatepark, and headlining all three days is Blink 182... and rancid. I wake up in such relief!

BROKENDOLL
02-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Dreams? Hell, Coachella has invaded my life! My music taste has changed. My friends have fallen wayside because concerts and festivals aren't their thing. My job has been affected due to tardiness, (Thanks board!) and time off requests.(Thanks Coachella!) And now that the lineup has been announced, I'm unable to carry on a conversation with out referencing Coachella at some point while talking! (No wonder I'm here all the time!)

Grant
02-16-2009, 05:37 PM
I never dream. And when I do, I forget it right when I wake up. :(

JustSteve
02-16-2009, 05:40 PM
i dreamt i was driving with friends to coachella in a car made out of ice cream. i told them that it wasn't a good idea.

blackchango
02-17-2009, 04:53 PM
I had a dream last night that Paul was having a big press conference announcement about a Saturday headliner. The funny thing was that it was at my childhood home and paul was announcing it in bed with my parents.Kinda like that John and Yoko bed in thing they did in the 60's.He revealed that Metallica (uhh!!)was being added to saturday and gave away free lifetime wristbands to those in attendance but only one wristband per person.When Paul wasn't paying attention my buddy and I got a little greedy and took an extra wristband each but paul caught us,took away our wristbands and banned us from the festival.

sin213
02-18-2009, 09:42 AM
When Paul wasn't paying attention my buddy and I got a little greedy and took an extra wristband each but paul caught us,took away our wristbands and banned us from the festival.

brutal

weeklymix
02-18-2009, 11:13 AM
last night i dreamed that i met everyone from the boards.

shabana
02-18-2009, 11:13 AM
i dreamt last night that kid rock made a surprise appearance at coachella

OnlyNonStranger
02-18-2009, 11:57 AM
i dreamt last night that kid rock made a surprise appearance at coachella

..only to have you sacrifice yourself for the good of us all by engaging him in a destructive fight to the death, in which you win, only thanks to Paul McCartney and his ability to bring back the dead Beatles to overpower Kid Rock's evil?

sin213
02-18-2009, 01:38 PM

EVERYONE?!?

psycobetabuckdown
02-25-2009, 05:40 PM

Did you like me? I think I'm an okay guy.

Last night was my first-ever good dream about Coachella. The first band I saw was Beastie Boys. The stage was cut in two like at Live 105's BFD, except the next band (Wolf Parade) came on during the middle of BB's performance instead of after it, and then they started playing together. Random and epic. Then there was one or two more acts I can't remember, and then I accidentally saw a band called The Damaged, and to my disgust it was fronted by Ben Gibbard, and I was like "meh, I guess" since I was too tired and hot to move away.

burdt
02-25-2009, 06:00 PM
my coachella dreams involved victoria beckham wearing christian loubotin pumps while selling hot dogs, a massive reshuffling of stages, and fake heroin.

Nwgnblnd
03-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Coachella has yet to invade my dreams....but I haven't been able to really think about anything else since I bought my tix.....I can't wait

Coachella Bound
03-16-2009, 11:33 AM
EVERY SINGLE NIGHT NOW!!!!! For the past two weeks at least..... Everytime I close my eyes, it's the journey out to the polo fields in one way or another.

Last night I had a dream we took a flying river boat out to the desert, really f*ing strange. Kinda bummed I woke up from it.

Taylor
03-16-2009, 12:34 PM
I had a dream I went to Coachella with my high school graduating class and when the killers came on everyone was like "woo!" and then Bjork took the stage and everyone was all pissed and throwing things at her. Made me so mad.

misterpickles
03-19-2009, 02:30 PM
i had a dream that my brother and i were in the middle of the polo fields with a bag of mollie (pure mdma) and we would dip a huge knife into the bag and then lick the knife (like fun dip!).. suddenly our mother appeared next to us and after a few seconds of awkward silence she then asked us if she could have some too.. we obliged.. then i woke up!

PlayaDelWes
04-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Coachella was awesome last night.

The artwork was out of this world. There was like a 10 story tall mechanical elephant that WALKED around the polo grounds - and at the top of the Elephant DJ Sets with the best view of the festival.

And a bunch of random friends came that I didn't think would. They were so excited about it and were so thanking me for introducing them to it.

There were classrooms everywhere with hip teachers who gave lessons how to take better photos with your camera, how to shoot and mix videos, and I think there was a pretty interesting history of Coachella class with special guests (from the past).

Security was very cool too. At one point I stumbled outside of the festival grounds behind the Outdoor Theater without paying attention and security let me back in saying "This is Coachella man, no Problem"

Schedules were a little lame. You had to pick up 15 of them; one for each stage and for each day.

Oh, and everyone could not stop talking about Obama, but not really saying much. My quote of the dream was "Obama is like tap water; we all have it, we just don't talk about it"

Man, I am so excited!!! That Huell Howser episode was only fuel on the fire.

fatbastard
04-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Last night's show had me wake up thinking about Coachella.

psycobetabuckdown
04-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Playa that dream is awesome.

A couple weeks ago I had a dream about the Coachella message board for god's sake. A little too much? I made a thread, can't remember what it was about anymore, but someone started flaming me, one of the members who starts with an "m" and I was getting angry every time I clicked on my thread.

edit: "old school"? I dont' know if I like it...

shakermaker113
04-03-2009, 09:37 PM
The artwork was out of this world. There was like a 10 story tall mechanical elephant that WALKED around the polo grounds - and at the top of the Elephant DJ Sets with the best view of the festival.

that reminds me of these. this would be a great art feature, actually.

qlNTNjtjInQ

ZaOZHWypQPM

CaNooB
04-03-2009, 10:17 PM
I dreamt that I was with Bud Bundy from Married with Children at the Main Stage. My other Coachella dream involved me being stressed out because I brought the red bikini with monkeys on it instead of the purple bikini with monkeys on it.

billtino
04-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Last night I dreamed I was setting up my tent/canopy at the campgrounds.............IN THE RAIN!!!!!! Everyone was b!tching about how cold it was. Mudchella?! What if....

Sexecutioner
04-06-2009, 01:04 PM
it was the morning of day 1, and i hadnt done any preparations yet for the weekend like going to the store or packing or printing out the lineup. i was freaking out...

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
04-06-2009, 01:04 PM
i had a dream coachella at night was completely neon. The tents, the people, the trees, EVERYTHING

it was like Japanese coachella!

i have a feeling that coachella will be in my dreams for the next month or two :)

psycobetabuckdown
04-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I just had another (like 4th) dream about missing something that I was supposed to see at Coachella just because I forgot to watch it. This time it was Saturday night, two days down, and I just realized I missed Paul McCartney and I was about to cry and kept yelling "fuck!"

BrickTop24
04-06-2009, 01:31 PM
i had a dream it was 1991. and coachella's lineup was lollapalooza 91 which was Jane's Addition, Nine Inch Nails, Ice T with Body Count, Butthole Surfers, Living Color, and the Rollins Band. And Frank Sinatra was closing the last day.

jennygirl
04-06-2009, 01:39 PM
I sure wish Coachella would invade my dreams at night when I'm sleeping. Instead it's all over my daydreams and making work near impossible!

Kerowackattack
04-06-2009, 01:42 PM
I find myself dreaming much more vividly during the day.
while asleep, the dreams come in waves of emotions with no clear or distinct images

quite the beautiful start to the following days.
& the cycle continues...

davrone
04-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Backflips and handsprings in an empty polo field... weirdest dream ever.

psycobetabuckdown
04-06-2009, 06:38 PM
^ Make sure you bring plenty of water, that'll tire you out quickly in the heat.

CalmerThanYou
04-07-2009, 07:10 PM
It's gotten really bad for me, now its nightly, and they arent always pleasant.

Last night i dreamed coachella was at a house, and my buddy and i brought our mattresses (?) to the venue...big fucking queen sizes mattresses.

I lost my mattress and while trying to locate it missed EVERY big set by 2 minutes or less, just as the last notes were fading into the air...

i never did find my mattress, so it would appear i am having not only coachella anxiety, but also matress anxiety on top of it all.

feather
04-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Last night Betao and I had to choose between seeing MBV and the Orb...we chose the Orb, except after every song we had to sit through some bizarre video on TV. The MBV set was a few feet away so we figured we would hear it no matter what, but there was no sound. The night before I dreamt WastedTime lured me into his drug mansion. This is getting too weird and I am having Coachella related dreams everynight.

jordan2012
04-07-2009, 08:14 PM
yes! always! i recently had a dream evryone was unified for one soul cause!

EverGreen407
04-07-2009, 10:21 PM
I love my dreams about Coachella because it is never 1000 degrees in my dream.

CitizenJ
04-07-2009, 11:04 PM
wow, i actually had a coachella dream last night. it was bizarre.

so it wasn't in a field, it was like this giant building/hotel/complex. there were 5 stages scattered around this place that actually kind of looked like a dark mall, and i remember specifically trying to find the stage where Fleet Foxes were going to play. then i found this retro 1920's theater that was half full and took a seat and thats like all i remember. and my friend who i am going to coachella with was with me.

Really weird. didn't expect to ever have a coachella dream.

CalmerThanYou
04-07-2009, 11:05 PM
most of my dreams dont take place at the fields, but rather various and often times strange venues (a boat, house, high school, etc).

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!!?!?

CitizenJ
04-07-2009, 11:06 PM
most of my dreams dont take place at the fields, but rather various and often times strange venues (a boat, house, high school, etc).

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!!?!?

That a "Coachella Cruise line" would be pretty awesome?

CalmerThanYou
04-07-2009, 11:08 PM
nope. they have that in two forms, one with all jam bands and one with all DJ's

i'm talking old steam ocean liner boat

gooftroop
04-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Coachella keeps me from dreaming because I can't sleep!!

bigc1
04-08-2009, 12:04 AM
I had a dream I was watching Leonard Cohen, he had no backing band and was playing the main stage. There were people rushing the stage so that they could watch him as close as possible so he wasn't visible from the crowd which was frustrating. There was some more but I don't remember.

misterpickles
04-08-2009, 12:46 AM
i have had a coachella dream at least once a week for the last few months... its time for my dreams come true :mad:

influence
04-08-2009, 01:05 AM
I think about Coachella every night before I sleep.

psycobetabuckdown
04-08-2009, 03:51 AM
I think about Coachella every night before I sleep.

...and all day?

Apathy
04-08-2009, 04:53 AM
yes! always! i recently had a dream evryone was unified for one soul cause!

Was it partying and listening to awesome music all weekend?

feather
04-08-2009, 09:50 AM
So last nights Coachella dream involved me getting stoned with various board members in a car and the only one I can remember was Mr. Nipples.

SEEDYMIG420
04-08-2009, 08:38 PM
I had a dream about Coachella today. I dreamt that I had made some "special brownnies" & "special cockies"..................Soooooooo, I'll be busting a Betty Crocker this weekend and bringing these goodies camping.

Storm Amsterdam
04-11-2009, 12:19 AM
a couple of nights ago I had a dream about going to a festival filled with music, drugs and happiness (think "nananana" hey jude style") and some people I haven't seen for about 7 years...no idea where those people came from though

sin213
04-11-2009, 10:39 AM
wow, i actually had a coachella dream last night. it was bizarre.

so it wasn't in a field, it was like this giant building/hotel/complex. there were 5 stages scattered around this place that actually kind of looked like a dark mall, and i remember specifically trying to find the stage where Fleet Foxes were going to play. then i found this retro 1920's theater that was half full and took a seat and thats like all i remember. and my friend who i am going to coachella with was with me.

Really weird. didn't expect to ever have a coachella dream.

really weird....cause i have been having the same dream for the last few nights. it's a dark building...the shows are in theatres inside, and seemed to be an old building. then just tonight, i think i remembered the most about it. i'm thinkin it was in vegas, cause there were all these rooms full of people crowded around tables that weren't there for the music. it was hard to get from theatre to theatre cause you had to push your way thru all these faceless people.

D,,d)
04-11-2009, 02:13 PM
double size sahara tent!!

pelon7724
04-11-2009, 04:05 PM
I have had a dream about being at coachella almost every other night, for the past week.

The dream is not very exciting, and in most of them I feel a sense of dissapointment.

Kinda unsettling...lol

JustSteve
04-11-2009, 04:37 PM
all last night was coachella dreams, with a couple nightmares thrown in.

psycobetabuckdown
11-23-2009, 07:00 PM
I've had a recurring dream for the past year, maybe 2 years, that Coachella was NOW but not in a good way - it takes place in a nondescript place and I wake up in the middle of the afternoon and don't get there in time to see anything but the headliner, or I miss Friday and Saturday (or just Saturday) because I forgot to go and I'm so ready to cry by Sunday that I don't even want to go anymore.

There's also a theme of missing really important mid-day acts.
Also in these dreams the headliner is usually underwhelming like Black Star or something, but one time it was the Beastie Boys.

I'm thinking I should seek help or cut down on obsessive Coachella musing when I'm having recurring dreams about how short Coachella is. Or maybe I should be happy that I lead such a life that Mos Def and Talib Kweli perform in my head while I sleep.

emtgreg
11-23-2009, 09:11 PM
So last nights Coachella dream involved me getting stoned with various board members in a car and the only one I can remember was Mr. Nipples.

That wasn't a dr....actually nevermind.

emtgreg
11-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Or maybe I should be happy that I lead such a life that Mos Def and Talib Kweli perform in my head while I sleep.

I mean, if you are gonna go insane, that seems like not a half bad way to go...

Monklish
11-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Coachella invaded the shit out of my dreams last night. All panic dreams though. Things kept going wrong. In the dream though, the new board colors were a sunny yellow and I got to see one day's set times out of the booklet. There was Outkast and Daft Punk. Naturally since it was not a happy dream though, they were directly conflicting. Bastards.

MantisMel
11-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Coachella sex dreams. The End.

Monklish
11-25-2009, 12:11 PM
That's not an end. That's a beginning. And you left out the middle, you bitch.

eskamo951
11-25-2009, 03:31 PM
I can't fully remember my dream, but it was a nightmare. I remember I missed Sunday because of some ticketing error. I just kept running around the campgrounds trying to figure out a way in, with or without a ticket.

Monklish
11-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Something similar was going on in my dream. It was bizarre, had the interesting effect of causing me to wake up on the verge of a panic attack but still force myself back to sleep in the hopes of rectifying it. I was inside the polo fields and it was Sunday for me too, and somehow I felt like I'd missed Friday and Saturday, and no matter where I turned to I couldn't get any closer to any of the stages or even art. I was just in the middle of the field with a booklet and a distinct feeling that I was about to miss Outkast and Daft.

In other words, it sucked.

psycobetabuckdown
11-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Why does something so sweet not give us sweet dreams? I see a running theme here of people not enjoying the festival, but completely missing everything.

BROKENDOLL
11-25-2009, 09:14 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/1_95_3_12.jpg

Ilovecroatia
12-18-2009, 03:43 AM
I was thinking this was only in my derams

nbvcide
12-25-2009, 09:11 PM
i dreamt in message board last night..

..that was weird.

BROKENDOLL
12-26-2009, 03:09 AM
Dreamt in Message Board. *giggles*

sullysy
12-26-2009, 07:39 AM
i dreamt in message board last night..

..that was weird.

Why does something so sweet not give us sweet dreams? I see a running theme here of people not enjoying the festival, but completely missing everything.

Boourns
12-26-2009, 08:19 AM
I had a dream where I was sitting on one of those outdoor theater bleachers, with a bowl of hummus in one hand and a beer in another (weird because I never buy beer and I don't think I've ever seen hummus at Coachella). It was night, Devo was playing, someone was handing out Devo hats, but nobody was there.

kitesforsale
12-29-2009, 08:34 PM
I had a dream where I was sitting on one of those outdoor theater bleachers, with a bowl of hummus in one hand and a beer in another (weird because I never buy beer and I don't think I've ever seen hummus at Coachella). It was night, Devo was playing, someone was handing out Devo hats, but nobody was there.

Great ideas here - thanks for sharing peeps.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Kites, something I never would have thought to spam this message board with

guedita
12-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Kites...wtf? I had a Coachella dream last night. In the dream, I thought I was going to see St. Vincent at a local venue (The Mezz). When I show up, there was no coat check, and the place was set up as a giant buffet, with tables of shrimp cocktails everywhere. There must have been other food, but shrimp cocktail was just everywhere. Massive, giant bowls of it. I was confused, and then someone inside told me the show was postponed because Bono was throwing a (shrimp) cocktail party to announce the Coachella line-up, and that U-2 would be headlining each night. I was livid, and then no one would refund my St. Vincent ticket.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
12-30-2009, 09:01 PM
I had Coachella invade my dreams a few weeks ago.

It was very odd, my dream was basically about the thread where there was talk of moving the main stage to where the outdoor theatr is. A very weird dream.

Suffacated
01-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Hurry....
Coachella is this weekend!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z2BgjH_CtIA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z2BgjH_CtIA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-10-2010, 02:14 PM
My dream last night was about Coachella.

It was a very weird dream.

I got to the fields and it was night. I had sadly missed a day and a half (who knows how). I immediatly started eating tabs of DOC (why DOC I have no idea) and proceeded to make my way towards the Sahara (which was like 10 miles from the entrance!!!!)

I remember seeing tons of people dressed as spider man for some reason (:confused:)

I also remember passing The Village from Shambhala (as apparently it was now a fixture at Coachella, which would be totally dope.) And somebody was killin it in there. I dont know why I didnt stop....

By the time I got to the Sahara it was completely empty, other than a few queens in there and some completely drugged up kids. I guess I missed the acts or something cause I turned around and went to the Do Lab.

To Do Lab was amazing. It was themed as the cardboard forest theme filled with amazing water fountains everywhere.

Next thing I know i'm waking up with a cat in my face.

Stefachink
01-10-2010, 05:00 PM
I remember seeing tons of people dressed as spider man for some reason (:confused:)

We should all dress up as Spiderman to turn your dream into a reality.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-10-2010, 05:04 PM
We should all dress up as Spiderman to turn your dream into a reality.

A smoke-out to every spidey I see! :thu

gaypalmsprings
01-10-2010, 05:22 PM
I had a dream that Daft Punk was playing, and that I almost missed it. Really, I did.