PDA

View Full Version : Pre-sale?

Edmontonian
01-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Last year they had a presale, you could save about fifty bucks I think, but it was before the lineup was announced. So if you didn't care and are going no matter what there was a presale. Are they doing that again? I guess last year it was like the weekend before the lineup was released or something like that, my memory is very foggy but if the lineup is really coming next week I guess theres no presale?

nocigarettes
01-19-2008, 09:10 AM
the presale ended it was two weeks ago.

luckyface
01-19-2008, 09:18 AM
http://www.cdharris.net/multi/Eight%20ball/Outlook%20Not%20So%20Good.gif

suprefan
01-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Last year they had a presale, you could save about fifty bucks I think, but it was before the lineup was announced. So if you didn't care and are going no matter what there was a presale. Are they doing that again? I guess last year it was like the weekend before the lineup was released or something like that, my memory is very foggy but if the lineup is really coming next week I guess theres no presale?

It was secret and you missed out. Tickets were $150, sorry kiddo, you snooze you lose.

ttboy80
01-19-2008, 01:16 PM
No Presale yet. I believe that they will have it after the lineup announcement, a lot of people bought tix last year planning on watching the police which pissed a lot of the buyers off. I think they want to avoid that... they may possibly do without the presale at all thinking they have a strong enough lineup to sellout without it.

merznerve
01-19-2008, 01:18 PM
i like presales

suprefan
01-19-2008, 01:24 PM
No Presale yet. I believe that they will have it after the lineup announcement, a lot of people bought tix last year planning on watching the police which pissed a lot of the buyers off. I think they want to avoid that... they may possibly do without the presale at all thinking they have a strong enough lineup to sellout without it.

Stop spoiling the fun

boarderwoozel3
01-19-2008, 03:32 PM
About the last year's presale, its was quite scandalous for GV to make 'Roxanne' their presale password. I know that just because the presale password happens to coincide with the name of a song doesn't guarantee that band will play but GV knew what it was doing. Underhanded but a hell of a way to sell tickets. This much is true, GV have some serious promotion savvy.

BTW- the lack of a presale this year blows

Carlo Von Sexron
01-19-2008, 04:01 PM
About the last year's presale, its was quite scandalous for GV to make 'Roxanne' their presale password. I know that just because the presale password happens to coincide with the name of a song doesn't guarantee that band will play but GV knew what it was doing. Underhanded but a hell of a way to sell tickets. This much is true, GV have some serious promotion savvy.

BTW- the lack of a presale this year blows

Yeah, that was a dick move towards all the Police fans.
I'm going to be bummed if there is no discounted pre-sale this year, but I'll survive.

neverclever
01-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Yeah, that was a dick move towards all the Police fans.
I'm going to be bummed if there is no discounted pre-sale this year, but I'll survive.

haha, well i dont think the polize fans were too mad after they sold their tickets for a bagillion dollars... they ended up making the money to fund their bonaroo trip. ha! ... so yeah... if there ARE any mad polize fans they're probably -25 in the IQ department.

boarderwoozel3
01-19-2008, 04:12 PM
haha, well i dont think the polize fans were too mad after they sold their tickets for a bagillion dollars... they ended up making the money to fund their bonaroo trip. ha! ... so yeah... if there ARE any mad polize fans they're probably -25 in the IQ department.

touche

Carlo Von Sexron
01-19-2008, 07:44 PM
haha, well i dont think the polize fans were too mad after they sold their tickets for a bagillion dollars... they ended up making the money to fund their bonaroo trip. ha!

Valid point.

psychic friend
01-19-2008, 08:41 PM
it was made public for weeks that the police were not going to be at coachella before the presale last year

just sayin

dontfeedthebird
01-19-2008, 09:15 PM
kinda like pf's been sayin' about radiohead this year.... so even if the password is "rainbows," we've all been warned.

boyalien0
01-19-2008, 09:59 PM
it was made public for weeks that the police were not going to be at coachella before the presale last year

just sayin

PWND

psychic friend
01-19-2008, 10:03 PM
kinda like pf's been sayin' about radiohead this year.... so even if the password is "rainbows," we've all been warned.

exactly

Sushov23
01-19-2008, 10:10 PM
PF is the password for the pre-sale RAINBOWS? Tell me it is, and I love you.

SubBass49
01-21-2008, 11:20 AM
I'll be checking my inbox for pre-sale codes every few minutes...lol...

Seriously though...last year's method for pre-sale was a beautiful thing. GV deserves mad props for doing it like they did and helping the hardcore fans avoid Ticketbastard fees. I HOPE they do something similar this year...pretty please...

damagedsiren
01-21-2008, 11:50 AM
a presale would be nice, i wouldn't mind saving some money but either way i think it's safe to say i will be going.

eudaemonia
01-21-2008, 12:32 PM

Does it still qualify as a "pre-sale" if the line-up is announced already? Isn't that just a regular sale then?

tAMMY
01-21-2008, 01:30 PM
::: I've been in attendance since 2003,and an onsite camper every year at that.
EVERY year besides 2003-the year of my first ticket purchase,i have been sent the pre-sale link info. Last year,was a bit different,the whole ducat king thing...which was fab,because i got a year subscription to Spin,and a sweet discount....

I think Goldenvoice has been pretty loyal to those who return year after year,so it would surprise me if there wasnt some sort of notification sent out as to whether presale action is on or off.

Coahella is my ultimate tradition,and really just makes me happier than anything.

I choose to remain optimistic...a presale is SO coming.

:::xxx

boarderwoozel3
01-21-2008, 01:32 PM
free Spin for a year has been sweet...

samiq
01-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Tickets seems that will on sale on friday... line up has been published so I guess no Presale this year.

RageAtLast
01-22-2008, 09:47 AM
So will there be any tickets on presale or at cut price before Friday d'ya think?
As far as the lineup response here goes (pretty negative it seems) tickets might not fly out the door as fast as last year.
It costs a shedload to travel to Coachella from the UK and RATM brought me last year (1st timer - had a blast) I wonder how many from the UK will travel this year???

SubBass49
01-22-2008, 06:26 PM
hmmm...with this lineup probably not too many...

But really...

The Ducat King presale last year was one of the greatest things GV ever did for die-hard Coachella fans...why they wouldn't do it again makes no sense...

MeowMixer
01-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Presale is on ticketmaster until 10pm today. PM me for the password.

coldstart
01-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Presale is on ticketmaster until 10pm today. PM me for the password.

The password is "desert". It's already been posted numerous times.

SC0TLANDF0REVER
01-25-2008, 11:46 AM
From the email, it said there were specially priced tickets in the presale...

It looks to me that it's the same price as the regular tickets.

MonsoonSeason
01-25-2008, 12:17 PM
nope

20 bucks off