PDA

View Full Version : Ever Again? The Rage ticket madness

SnowShoe
01-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Think back to the wackiness just one year ago:

Single day tickets went on presale, and Sunday's sold out immediately.

Then, everyone was buying two day passes just so they could get their hands on the coveted Sunday Rage ticket.

Then, a whole side industry popped up, where people bought 3 day passes, and sold the Sunday ticket for more than the whole 3 day pass, turning a profit by selling the Fri/Sat ticket later (and attending Coachella for free by doing so).

Then the Fri/Sat tickets became such commonplace, that you could get them for $30 per day, less than half of the face price. If you were a fan of Saturday only, you were in luck.

Rage Against The Machine fucked up the whole ticket system at Coachella, and I would argue that we will never see anything like that again.

Or will we?? Is there any act that could create such a frenzy again?

I'll start the list:

Led Zeppelin

End of list.

whynotsmile99
01-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Pink Floyd

U2 would make it sell out pretty quick IMO

imagine if Tupac really was alive, and decided to come back at this years Coachella. Tupac pops up at the press release and everything...

people would go fucking ape shit.

that would certainly be the worst Coachella though. Can you imagine the people that would bring. A lot worse than those god damn Tool fans

galapagos169
01-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Led Zeppelin

..is this a joke?
You don't really like them that much, do you?

SnowShoe
01-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Led Zeppelin

..is this a joke?
You don't really like them that much, do you?

It's not whether I like them or not (I'm indifferent)...

...the question is what band would make people lose their mind again like they did last year.

Led Zep would do it.
Pink Floyd also.
I'll add the Smiths.

U2 - I don't agree. Not The Police either.

(the Clash would have as well, but no chance now).

waxybk
01-17-2008, 08:39 PM
How were the sales for the day that bitch Madonna played? I remember people in the parking lot begging for tickets. My best friend wound up getting free tickets from one of the DJs from his label, after he bought his, go figure. So he sold that ticket for crazy loot to some nutty Madonna fan.

gaypalmsprings
01-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Backstreet Boys or Barry Manilow

suprefan
01-17-2008, 08:47 PM
The Smiths

END THREAD

soupbandit
01-17-2008, 09:01 PM
How were the sales for the day that bitch Madonna played? I remember people in the parking lot begging for tickets. My best friend wound up getting free tickets from one of the DJs from his label, after he bought his, go figure. So he sold that ticket for crazy loot to some nutty Madonna fan.

Madonna was announced like a month after the rest of the lineup was released...or at least a couple of weeks, so it wasn't as hectic, except for madonna fans.

boarderwoozel3
01-17-2008, 09:23 PM
If Zep's first show in the US was Coachella the ticket scalping would be NUTS! I'd expect a single ticket for the day they played to go for upwards of $1,000.

thaOfacemaker
01-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Shaka Khan

Sushov23
01-17-2008, 09:53 PM
LED
Floyd
Bowie
Talking Heads
The Smiths
ALL = Frenzy

Rod Barajas
01-18-2008, 12:13 AM
The Smiths

orbit
01-18-2008, 02:34 AM
Hannah Montana.

thelastgreatman
01-18-2008, 02:51 AM
Zeppelin had better fucking play, if for no other reason than because I'm counting on there being a sell-out at least close to as high in demand as Rage. I didn't capitalize on that at all--I need to make some money off this festival, goddammit.

waxybk
01-18-2008, 06:17 AM
Shaka Khan

Or would that be.....Chaka Kahn?

marooko
01-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Pink Floyd

U2 would make it sell out pretty quick IMO

imagine if Tupac really was alive, and decided to come back at this years Coachella. Tupac pops up at the press release and everything...

people would go fucking ape shit.

that would certainly be the worst Coachella though. Can you imagine the people that would bring. A lot worse than those god damn Tool fans

I don't have a bullet proof vest. If Tupac showed up, I wouldn't be going.

sbessiso
01-18-2008, 07:53 AM
you think Bowie will bring the same madness as Rage??

Rod Barajas
01-18-2008, 08:59 AM
you think Bowie will bring the same madness as Rage??

David Bowie is the shit...But will not bring the Madness...Now if Bowie and some version of NIN was at Coachella...That would rock...But I think NIN is no more at least in the version we know...tisk tisk